PLAYERS QUITTING? (LESS PLAYERBASE)

Comments

• It is still too early to say. With it only being the second or third week of open beta, you don't have a benchmark to go by. People are jumping the gun on saying that this game is dying because we have nothing to measure it by. What we need is the first month of active players. With it, we can establish a baseline for the number of players. Then, we have to use future markers to compare it to that baseline. The key time we have to check in on the game is after 3 months and after 6 months. These two are the important benchmarks. As long as the game does not experience a 90% drop off after 6 months, the game will usually survive. The quality of that survival will vary greatly though.

Sadly though, the end game content is poorly done with only the highly limited Planar Gates to farm. On top of that, the items are character locked rather than account locked, which makes your capped characters even more worthless because you can't even play as them to farm items you might need on other characters. A lot of valuable items cannot be sold or traded. The need to repackage items before you can sell them makes buying and selling items more tedious and annoying than it needs to be.

• again we just have the current End Game of PG5, wait till 70 cap and Tiamat and see there are much grinding to do, (whine more popcorn is nice to eat while reading whining kids tbh)

• Enmasse not forcing you to buy emp? lol
    i think you're new to the Publisher ENMASSE look at evry game they publish Shady Tactics
    They puth things behind a premium paywall
    some things are so hard to get that they force you to buy premium
    they lock a costume behind a 130$ founder pack you normaly would be able to craft from the crafting station.
    they keep the fatique system even if 100% of the playerbase didnt want it.
    Because they can add a fatique potion to premium so people buy it.

• @LCGAFFL5GX said:
    Enmasse not forcing you to buy emp? lol
    i think you're new to the Publisher ENMASSE look at evry game they publish Shady Tactics
    they lock a costume behind a 130$ founder pack you normaly would be able to craft from the crafting station.

That 100% is just you talking.
    Besides, mind telling me where is that fatigue potion in premium?

• @Dikaros said:

@LCGAFFL5GX said:

I'm not even gonna answer a stupid question like that.
    all these are not me talking they're facts and pretty obvious ones if you use google or played any of there games.

• Why don't you answer? Cause you can't?
    You can go to the poll about the fatigue system, and point out where did you get that 100% players don't want the fatigue system.

• ViltganceViltgance Member
    edited December 2017

I know I posted early on, but I thought i'd post my opinion on the replies that followed on.
    Despite the game receiving content a lot faster than the KR version did, this game looks like it's aimed for the super casual with the current practices in place. It's probably best to play another game as your main game and play Closers on the side.

"let them quit if they want." I'm not hating on the person who said that, but i've seen that kind of comment before from tree of savior and it's not helpful. This kind of attitude is what the developer of that game had and while the game isn't "dead" per se, a simple look at steam charts would show you how far the game has fallen.

• Mmm...

Lack of content? Well, I've been playing since CBT realeased, and I have a lot to do, get Swift accs, get Irina/Mephisto Wings, upgrade them to 3-star, grind more materials, cap with other chars, and I play everyday.

I don't see exactly where's the part of "lack of content", unless they already have DC costume with other accs 3-star, a permanent effect 3-star accs with nice S tuning effects and a +13 core, lol.

• @HieiBlaze said:
    Mmm...

Lack of content? Well, I've been playing since CBT realeased, and I have a lot to do, get Swift accs, get Irina/Mephisto Wings, upgrade them to 3-star, grind more materials, cap with other chars, and I play everyday.

I don't see exactly where's the part of "lack of content", unless they already have DC costume with other accs 3-star, a permanent effect 3-star accs with nice S tuning effects and a +13 core, lol.

The problem is daily caps. As much as you would like to work your way towards those goals, you can't. Why? Because you are limited to 2, maybe 3 dungeon runs per day.

New characters isn't exactly content. They don't provide you with anything more to do unless you start over. On top of that, people might not enjoy each character and I find the classes of Closers to be very polarizing. You're either going to love it or hate it with very little in between. It is very different from a game like Lunia, where you might only hate one or two while being indifferent about most of them.

• @Dikaros said:

@LCGAFFL5GX said:

Did you find your fatique potion yet dumbass?
    i went to the poll and it's 50/50

• @LCGAFFL5GX said:

@Dikaros said:

@LCGAFFL5GX said:

they forced people to buy closed beta acces in order to get ahead of most people.

• UnlimaxUnlimax Member
    edited December 2017

Lack of content !?
    What does lack of content has to do with casual players who wants the game to lift them up since the game gets harder for them on later chapters , Casual players only care about stuff that helps them progress on story .. they don't care about content and neither they will care about grinding or even care about getting top upgrades or game mechanics , they don't have this hardcore " i wanna be the best " mentality ,, they just want to enjoy the game as long as its suits their mood .

• nobody or eme forced you to buy it, the reason some people bought it due to early access and wants to be ahead of everybody, keep on ranting this is nice :)

• @LCGAFFL5GX said:

@LCGAFFL5GX said:

@Dikaros said:

@LCGAFFL5GX said:

they forced people to buy closed beta acces in order to get ahead of most people.

Yeah they "forced" people to buy closed beta access

• just wait til LVL 70 is released: there will be Raid Dungeons, tiamat, side tiamat and uhh new PG thingy i forgot

• With this PvP I won't be surprise if everyone quit

• @LCGAFFL5GX said:

@Dikaros said:

@LCGAFFL5GX said:

You get a fatigue potion in your mail every day if you have Elite or Platinum. If you are Elite, you get 60 fatigue. If you are Platinum, you get 100. You don't buy it directly off the shop, but it might as well be selling extra fatigue with a limit of one per day.

• @MicheleSP said:
    Ignore them.

They are probably players who wanted to group up but are forced to not group up in this game. Most missions requires you to solo, sure it might be annoying but sometimes you get better at playing by playing solo than in group.

I even learnt a trick that might lead to infinite chain but maybe it's just my character.

I think all chars have infinite chains when rach the second promotion, but is not easy to do. Congratz, paulistana.

• Dude this threat still going? If there are folks here quiting Closers the game they certaing didn't quit the forums that for sure.

• @Yoburi said:
    Dude this threat still going? If there are folks here quiting Closers the game they certaing didn't quit the forums that for sure.

True.

The sad thing is that closers already lost 800 Players (on steam) and its getting more less rip

• @spacewitch666 said:

@Yoburi said:
    Dude this threat still going? If there are folks here quiting Closers the game they certaing didn't quit the forums that for sure.

True.

The sad thing is that closers already lost 800 Players (on steam) and its getting more less rip

The number of players should spike up again tomorrow after reset. Just compare it to the previous spike on Wednesday to see how many actually remained.

• @metafalica said:

@spacewitch666 said:

@Yoburi said:

True.

The number of players should spike up again tomorrow after reset. Just compare it to the previous spike on Wednesday to see how many actually remained.

What reset?

• Ppl are quitting the only ppl who will be left playing are the fanboys and ppl trying to get their 150$ worth of gameplay. The fatigue system alone will stop ppl from even trying this game before they quit it.

• @iNobleKnight said:
    Ppl are quitting the only ppl who will be left playing are the fanboys and ppl trying to get their 150$ worth of gameplay. The fatigue system alone will stop ppl from even trying this game before they quit it.

People bitching about the fatigue at this point is just horseshit i have already 3000 points of stamina thanks to my 6 characters and my house.

• Bless the people who can focus so hard on a single game that fatigue is reason enough to quit. I can't even use it all with platinum status.

• Honestly...This game is not a masterpiece...Still, it is a pretty fun game! :smile:
    -The PVE is fast and ez(at least for me,which is great cause i'm not exactly a pve fan)
    -The PVP, althought kinda sloopy at first experience, is pretty fast,responds pretty well for moves like grabs and even tho sometimes the delay might affect a few combos, for such a difficult type of pvp,i must say they are doing quite a unique job!
    -The Events and other stuff...C'MON PEOPLE! I understand that some people are playing since closed beta but the game released a couple of weeks ago......WEEKS! and we started the open beta game with Christmas event(which the costume looks pretty good and the dungs and quick so they dont feel annoying to repeat for farmers) We got a NEW CHARACTER(if i'm not wrong, Levia was released with the game or maybe a few weeks/months ago, i wasn't in the closed beta) and we got:

-For Flamers: Good and Ez PVE and Ez PVP WINS with Levia(gonna talk about that in other post)
    -For People with bad computers: The settings in low look pretty good(this is a guy which plays with the lowest settings and doesn't mind)
    -For Farmers: Garden,room exploring and even tho i have been reading about fatigue complains...Guys,more than 1k of fatigue and each dung requires 5/10 fatigue and for what i have seen it resets 100 fatigue each day and entire fatigue each week, they are even caring for your health(kinda)

So, the game is fun, tho not a masterpiece. Is not gonna be the next WOW, is not gonna be the next GW2. But, with enough love, it can be a fun game for every Weaboo, otaku or nerd out there that came from other anime style games like: Elsword, Grand chase, Rusty Hearts, Kritika, Blade and soul, etc.

We should help new anime style games that release in EU or North America servers...After all, is not easy to enjoy such games.
    o:)

• @spacewitch666 said:

@metafalica said:

@spacewitch666 said:

@Yoburi said:

True.

What reset?

Check today's numbers instead of Monday's. The numbers drop immensely on Monday because people cap their weekly allotted fatigue over the weekend. That is why the numbers fluctuate up and down so heavily compared to other games.

• @WH7KDEW4DH said:
    Honestly...This game is not a masterpiece...Still, it is a pretty fun game! :smile:
    So, the game is fun, tho not a masterpiece. Is not gonna be the next WOW, is not gonna be the next GW2. But, with enough love, it can be a fun game for every Weaboo, otaku or nerd out there that came from other anime style games like: Elsword, Grand chase, Rusty Hearts, Kritika, Blade and soul, etc.

We should help new anime style games that release in EU or North America servers...After all, is not easy to enjoy such games.
    o:)

Example of a review: Fake MMO that is better off as a single player game. Has a storyline that forces you to wait several years for progress.

Google "Play your anime world" but you won't get this game in the search results.

• I actually love this game! It is one of the very few Anime MMO's that I actually like and is actually free!

• Heck, I think this is the 3rd quitting post I read within the week. Just Ignore them, they won't affect you playing anyway.