12-28-2017 Feedback

Comments

• edited December 2017

@Ray676 said:
    are you new to video games? new to economics? either way, opinion discarded

This is probably the most idiotic response I ever saw in my entire forum life. Discarding opinion of someone and saying they are new to video games because they don't agree with you. Git gud mang. Maybe you can do a better response ;)

We don't need unlimited fatigue to skyrocket population. People will play if they have the will to play. Your answer is comparable to a 10 year old entitled westerner who can't accept that Closers is built this way and you, a minority isn't a loss if you leave the game. Engrave that to your small incomprehensive brain.

• All good, just want to point out that your "Air Strike" art looks a bit unpolished and very different from the rest, you feel Air Strike fits to what the stat does but I think Aerial fits better, not only because we could use the original art which looks lots better but also because it sounds better and in my personal opinion there was no need to change it in the first place because as we mentioned already in many posts, it was already in English to begin with, why make it harder on you when it was already there with art that fits and people would surely understand it anyway?

• @Nefertari said:
    All good, just want to point out that your "Air Strike" art looks a bit unpolished and very different from the rest, you feel Air Strike fits to what the stat does but I think Aerial fits better, not only because we could use the original art which looks lots better but also because it sounds better and in my personal opinion there was no need to change it in the first place because as we mentioned already in many posts, it was already in English to begin with, why make it harder on you when it was already there with art that fits and people would surely understand it anyway?

Agreeing with this one. Air Strike art looks out of place with the rest of them, making it pop out and look ugly. Bring back Aerial so that the art is consistent.

As for unlimited stamina, one only needs to look at other Closers servers that has unlimited stamina and see how they went down to understand that we should probably not have unlimited stamina. Both stamina version and unlimited stamina versions have been out in other servers, both official and unofficial and you can see the results with your own eyes if you wish. Instead of stamina increase on weekend, I'd personally prefer Entry Limit +1 on weekend. Entry Limits matter more at endgame, not stamina. Stamina quite pointless at endgame.

• @Wisner said:

I know that the current option doesn't exist right now, but you can simulate this with the Windows Key + Up Arrow key :smile:

How do you mean? Dunno if it doesn't work on my pc or I'm doing it wrong.

• @Mikoyose said:

@Wisner said:

I know that the current option doesn't exist right now, but you can simulate this with the Windows Key + Up Arrow key :smile:

Run the game in windowed mode. After running the game in windowed mode, hold down the Windows key then press the Up arrow key, like how you hold Control plus some other key to do commands such as copy or paste (I'm sorry I'm bad at explaining things).
    I'm running the game on Windows 10 Home, if that heps :open_mouth:. I'm not sure if that helps, but I feel I should leave that here for reference too.

• Please would you mind fixing this ranking glitch, after reset peeps stack their wins so once rankings reset,they will have an advantage on getting the rank that they want each and every week so could you please fix this annoying glitch, that would be amazing.

• @Youhei said:

@Ray676 said:

This is probably the most idiotic response I ever saw in my entire forum life. Discarding opinion of someone and saying they are new to video games because they don't agree with you. Git gud mang. Maybe you can do a better response ;)

We don't need unlimited fatigue to skyrocket population. People will play if they have the will to play. Your answer is comparable to a 10 year old entitled westerner who can't accept that Closers is built this way and you, a minority isn't a loss if you leave the game. Engrave that to your small incomprehensive brain.

There's nothing to agree on. You said unlimited stamina makes games have majority hacker population. But that's just wrong. Straight up false. Which is why I asked, and why I discarded your opinion. Because you're wrong.

And because of the type of person you are, you have to belittle people just to make yourself feel better. You wouldn't say anything like that to someone in person. You do it behind a keyboard, like a sperg psychopath. At this moment I can't say I'm any better, but overall I don't treat people like I'm superior to them, like some god complex loser.

Also to clarify, your opinion and previous post are still discarded

• RupikachuRupikachu Member
    edited December 2017

Right now i think the Aerial/Airstrike thing is more the differentfont than anything else.> @Wisner said:

@Mikoyose said:

@Wisner said:

Run the game in windowed mode. After running the game in windowed mode, hold down the Windows key then press the Up arrow key, like how you hold Control plus some other key to do commands such as copy or paste (I'm sorry I'm bad at explaining things).
    I'm running the game on Windows 10 Home, if that heps :open_mouth:. I'm not sure if that helps, but I feel I should leave that here for reference too.

The problem with that is that it doesn't upscale but increase the screen resolution so if you have a small hi res screen goodbye to reading text and or performance if your computer is a potato (1080p is still readable in 13", 1440p/4k is not, IE. the chat window is smaller than my thumb...and i have tiny hands).

Staying back on topic. There are a few things i would like too see:

• This instead of emails for the playing x hours events... like pretty please, its so hard to track if you played enough or not.

• I kinda miss stuff that makes weekends more 'special'. I dunno extra special ops entries like kr?

• @sayi50 said:

@Nefertari said:
    All good, just want to point out that your "Air Strike" art looks a bit unpolished and very different from the rest, you feel Air Strike fits to what the stat does but I think Aerial fits better, not only because we could use the original art which looks lots better but also because it sounds better and in my personal opinion there was no need to change it in the first place because as we mentioned already in many posts, it was already in English to begin with, why make it harder on you when it was already there with art that fits and people would surely understand it anyway?

Agreeing with this one. Air Strike art looks out of place with the rest of them, making it pop out and look ugly. Bring back Aerial so that the art is consistent.

As for unlimited stamina, one only needs to look at other Closers servers that has unlimited stamina and see how they went down to understand that we should probably not have unlimited stamina. Both stamina version and unlimited stamina versions have been out in other servers, both official and unofficial and you can see the results with your own eyes if you wish. Instead of stamina increase on weekend, I'd personally prefer Entry Limit +1 on weekend. Entry Limits matter more at endgame, not stamina. Stamina quite pointless at endgame.

We're supposed to have +1 entry AND extra stam on weekends, along with other stuff, but that's been disabled since beta, and weekly stamina etcetc.

• Look the reason why we are most of some people don't like the Unlimited Stamina / Fatigue crap is due to "Inflation", obviously you haven't played ELSWORD a long time(and I MEAN A VERY LONG TIME), cause if you do you would understand as why me and other people hate the fact that people still suggest that UNLIMITED STAMINA/FATIGUE will solve anything on this game
    The Fatigue system for this GAME is Intended and lets you not to focus on just 1 character, this game wants you to Play or rather TRY out the fact to play each character that is available (why do you think that we get +1 free slot for new character introductions) , sides the weekly Fatigue system is alright as noted by others i don't see the problem regarding it, You cannot GO HARDCORE MODE on this game as it limits it players due to Fatigue, Now Instead of suggesting that Unlimited Fatigue should be PUSH CAUSE IT WILL SAVE THE GAME (which is obviously a BIG NO) , suggest that why should the Weekly Fatigue per character should be increased instead of blabbering that it will be a healthy choice.

Again in case you haven't understand what i stated earlier
    Elsword's Unlimited Stamina ruined the Economy thus the Inflation of most Items/Costumes/Ice Burner Costumes costs waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to high is due

Hackers are still active by that Time (when they Introduced the Super Long Unlimited Stamina (that last more than MONTHS or was it almost a year lol), thus hackers earned money In-game currency than other regular players that aren't really cheating to play it

• I agree with #12 if it is along the lines of the Weekend Warrior buff. It should not bring unlimited fatigue. I previously made a post in the Closed Beta Feedback section, but it seems that entire section was removed. The main point condensed was that I played on the JP server when it had infinite stamina, and while it seems to work in the short term, it does not work in the long term. More fatigue is great, but no infinite fatigue please :) .

As for other things that haven't already been mentioned, it would be great if you guys could look into what is causing memory leaks. It's not super bad at the moment, but I have to restart the client every few hours. I've noticed that the steam client seems to leak faster than the non-drm client. Note that I do have the steam overlay and the steam theater shenanigans disabled.

• MikoyoseMikoyose Member
    edited December 2017

Bugs:
    1) Quest log. After running the dungeon or passing a quest, the prerequisite of some quests pop-up on the helper. Example: I'm passing episode 31, sometimes episode 30 appears on the quest helper then disappears again after passing side quests or episode 31 itself..
    2) Return to Hub after dungeon finish. Sometimes I respawn to random points, not on mission minder.

Suggestion/Opinion:
    1) Regarding fatigue system, I would say good job on #12, I think there should be an improvement regarding the current fatigue system. I've also suggested back then that if possible, players can still run dungeons with max fatigue but there are some drawbacks (e.g. less gold/exp/drops). I also like the idea of the fatigue system when a new character is created, it gives limit to players who can play daily(so they can still run entry-limited dungeons for the rest of the week) while taking account players who can only play on weekends or day offs. I'm personally against unlimited fatigue/no fatigue because it will ruin the current economy.
    2) Mission map directions. In some maps (e.g. event dungeons), after running the left-most side, you had to press the right direction key to move it to the left. A bit confusing right? Pressing right direction to go left and vice versa.
    3) Garden improvement:
    * Option to go to garden without going to housing in character select.
    * Option to bulk buying of crops/seeds.
    * Crop/Seed level wherein after having higher level of the crop/seed would give higher chance to get sucess/greater success.
    4) Dressing room. For players who like to dress-up and buy costumes, I think getting to see how the costume looks before buying or crafting would be helpful.
    5) Stat information. Certain stats such as attack speed don't give clear meaning to its name. Does it apply only on basic attacks? Or does it affect animation speed as well? Certain questions would continue to rise as population continue to increase and not all would be able to read the forum for answers.

• @Mikoyose said:

4) Dressing room. For players who like to dress-up and buy costumes, I think getting to see how the costume looks before buying or crafting would be helpful.

This ^

Is very lame when you see a costume on the BM and you cant see on yourself and have to search on cash shop or Bitna.

• 4) Dressing room. For players who like to dress-up and buy costumes, I think getting to see how the costume looks before buying or crafting would be helpful.

Please This ^

• 5XFMPDFWCL5XFMPDFWCL Member
    edited December 2017

Something that must be changed, is the current fatigue method. Having the possibility to use up all the fatigue in a day, and having to wait for a weak to restore it, limits the game experience especially for new players. It's true that it's usage is up to the player, but the fact of having to wait for a whole weak until the fatigue is restored really is annoying; it would be better to have less fatigue, but having the possibility to play every day the full content of the game, like in its other versions, or as it was said to increase the number and effectiveness of fatigue potions, or creating weekend events; otherwise people will prefer to go to the private server or else. As a matter of fact, this version of the game has to be better of the private server's one, in order to grow. This can be archived by increasing PVE, PVP content, fixing bug and etc.. but the fatigue system is at core, because it grants balanced and positive playability of the game. The game already offers this in all it's versions, so why change it?

• ShimonetaShimoneta Member
    edited January 2018

Hey awesome you acknowledged the Official Agent Permanent outfits!

Props to you guys for doing so, makes me feel like my words aren't falling on deaf ears.

Quick feedback, I know you guys have probably been on some seriously crazy crunch time, but maybe just spend some time polishing before we move on? You've got an insane amount of text running off of UI in the housing system, and some awkward phrasing. Plus you've got various ways of referring to things in different spots at the moment and it's kind of awkward.

As for your Aerial to Air Strike thing, if you're going to insist on it, match the text to all the other text on the combo UI. If you can't do that change it back to Aerial, it just looks cheap.

Bad stuff aside, awesome job on the communication, pumping out content and giving us better events! I've already brought one person on board, a little more polish and a little more to do and I'll be dying to make all my friends play with me lel.

• 3rd comment (lol sorry)
    Requests/Suggestions
    1) Please make event costumes upgradable to at least 2* so they can at least have a set effect.
    2) A way to separate stack of items. The only way to separate stacks is to place them at the Black Market and get them, but what if they're not tradable but can be placed in the account bank(e.g. event tokens)? We had to switch characters multiple times to do it. It's not really a big of a deal but would be better if there's this option.

• Is there a way for you guys to fix Levia's winter outfit issue? The boots won't completely show.

• counterpointcounterpoint Member, Player Moderators
    edited January 2018

A bug/feature request: the game client does not have a version check upon login. If you leave your launcher open after a patch window, this allows you to enter the game in an old client. This can cause unexpected results, including (but notwithstanding) invisible/broken items, game crashes, etc. The developers should implement a hook to ensure the client is patched to the same version as the server (including localization files) before allowing an account to login to the server (or before entering a server). If not, it should exit the game and send you back to the launcher to patch.

Alternatively (or additionally), the launcher should be changed to always perform a version check when you press the Play button if you've left the launcher open for a long time since the last check. Currently, after you [i]close[/i] a game client, the launcher checks if a patch is available, but before you hit Play would be better.

(For another general Launcher bug/feature, every time you exit a game client, the EMP balance in the launcher should update. Currently there's no way to refresh it except restarting the Launcher.)

• Please combine Na and Ab servers.
    The game is long-lasting and will be more enjoyable!

• @Ray676 said:

@Genm said:
    NEVER EVER EVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEER as in EVER DO UNLIMITED FATIGUE NEVER EVER EVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEER do that like that other game where its market price PLUMMETED TO OBLIVION

healthy populations? more like hacker fest populations before when they had Unlimited Stamina lol

I'd like to see an actual argument as to why you think the game having unlimited stamina wouldn't destroy this games economy in a month flat.

• @Shadowh8ter said:

@Ray676 said:

@Genm said:
    NEVER EVER EVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEER as in EVER DO UNLIMITED FATIGUE NEVER EVER EVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEER do that like that other game where its market price PLUMMETED TO OBLIVION

healthy populations? more like hacker fest populations before when they had Unlimited Stamina lol

I'd like to see an actual argument as to why you think the game having unlimited stamina wouldn't destroy this games economy in a month flat.

If they want to buy 200 million worth of costume pieces on 2* let them be i will gladly sell them to em.

• @Natorious Lol yeah like I'm a whale so it wouldn't negatively affect me, but it's still crazy how the guy actually thinks it wouldn't negatively affect the economy, and said he's new to games as if Elsword doesn't exist.

• @Shadowh8ter said:
    @Natorious Lol yeah like I'm a whale so it wouldn't negatively affect me, but it's still crazy how the guy actually thinks it wouldn't negatively affect the economy, and said he's new to games as if Elsword doesn't exist.

Well they have to live trough i guess lol or we need to send them to JP to see how this will affect the economy :)

• @Shadowh8ter said:

@Ray676 said:

@Genm said:

I'm not exactly in favor of unlimited fatigue, but the black market min-max prices are already killing the game economy

And also,

Make an option to clear/close the megaphone chatbox above the regular chat, seriously.

• @Reyvon It's not killing the games economy, it's just making the games economy absolute cancer. By killing the games economy I mean everything costing an absurd amount of money due to the majority of players having millions and millions of gold. If anything trade limitations are killing the economy far more than the black market is.

And yes, pls, I'm so tired of reading megaphone sas over arena games.

• Increasing "Party search" timer from 30 seconds to 60s (or 59 seconds, if it bugs on 1+ minute)

Note:
    30 seconds for party search is really small window, increasing it to 60 seconds will help a lot with forming random parties for Rampage Cube, Special Ops or Doppelganger in general.

• I have 1 simple question. Why was Serpent Swarm replaced with Snake Signet on Levia? Both skills behave completely different, have completely different icons, and are used for different things, all other versions of the game have Serpent Swarm and no Snake Signet while this version has Snake Signet but no Serpent Swarm.

• Improvement of the fatigue and trading costumes systems
    These 2 systems are lame compared to another games just like for example Elsword
    the week fatigue it only works for korean neets that really have issues of overplaying.
    And about costume trading like (Onyx Icon) should be tradable,like if me and my friend drop a certain piece of the costume set for the other character
    we could freely trade them, i'd think that system that you're can only trade at black market doesn't work at all,it's just a way to dificult trading items.
    I just hope that you people improve these systems,cause it can improve the gaming experience at lot.

• people still defending unlimited fatigue how nice