Is Phy/Psi Penetration capped at 100%? Useless to go beyond 100%?

This guy claims otherwise?

@ShaofRiches said:
Yuri right now probably has the best burst damage output in an environment where bosses will die within that time frame. Once we start getting content where bosses actually live for a while now, I can see it leaning towards J with the amount of literal steroids he can give himself (including 106% defense penetration) if we're looking at long-term, sustained DPS

Answers

• There really is no cap for it, but there is no point in going over imo as for there arre other stats you should focus on when u reach 100% def pen (unless ur a seha then forget that the stat even exists)

• It's entirely possible (again, given J's literal steroid usages) There is no point in going over 100%, but I'm able to reach 106% as J with around 50% penetration from equipment/weapon and PNA

But the context of my quote from the discussion that you pulled out that J's damage has a fairly high maintained dpsfrom his ability to easily switch sides, maintain airtime, and ridiculously high multiplier buffs from golden age, compared to relatively instantaneous bursts on bosses who can't really survive it in the first place in our current content.

• Does def penetration work like if you have sylvi you only have to stack psi pen and on J or seha you only have to stack physical? Or does every character need to stack as much of both as possible?

• AkeidaAkeida Member
    edited January 2018

@mike24 said:
    Does def penetration work like if you have sylvi you only have to stack psi pen and on J or seha you only have to stack physical? Or does every character need to stack as much of both as possible?

You only need stack def pen, thats their type def pen respictly, i.e: slyvi needs psi def pen, J needs physical def pen only, as i said before Seha doesnt need it at all cause tru dmg (aka he has 100% def pen already at start ), unless youre a yuri or violet then you would need to stack both which might not be a smart choice go for 100% def pen if ur a hybrid character.