[Discussion] Tiamat: Share Your Experience/Advice Here
Here is the guide I used to understand Tiamat after dying once in squad/assault difficulty.
Note: It is perfectly fine to even not clear successfully on day one, focus on learning her mechanics!
Video Notes/Tiamat Explanation (Written so you don't have to scim or watch it entirely)
- Aside from the numerous OHKO Tiamat does, her regular attacks/abilities can dish out a decent amount of damage as well -> Bleeding Effect, Knockbacks/chain CC, and decent damage on her abilities overall. Watch your HP carefully if there is no gimmick up when DPSing Tiamat.
Stages/Attacks are in Order [You may skip or rush through certain stages of Tiamat because you do a lot of damage or have 4 PPL that can do a lot of damage]
Tiamat starts with regular attacks/abilities some of them can crash weak super armor abilities
After Tiamat gets low enough she will move to the top Middle of the Map/Sector; a Tablet/Stone will spawn destroy it then continue DPSing Tiamat.
Tiamat returns to her usual attacks/abilities; as well as now including a DDR(Dance Dance Revolution) gimmick starting now when she is in her usual attacks/abilities stage.
- It is only <- or ->, you have room for mistake(s) so long as you press <- -> within the time frame! [It will get faster after a certain point]
- Tiamat uses a lot of red indicators for her OHKO and even her basic abilities it is important from here on to note what size/position she is at before playing accordingly.
Tiamat first OHKO ability is when she is in the center of the Map
In the beginning/early stages of Tiamat she will start by marking a circle close to her first then a big circle outside of the first circle. Both of these circles will shoot a OHKO ability. [The order will then be outside first then inside second as the Dungeon/Sector progresses]
Dodge with mobile abilities avoiding the red zones; you may also use Cancel or Dodge [Better yet combine your dodge and mobile ability]
Think of her abilities like this: o O (beginning phase) then O o (later phase) these o's represent the map and how her OHKO will look like in a 3-D perspective
- Tiamat next OHKO ability is her wall(s)/prison wall(s)/laser wall(s)
Unless you are the master at timing AND positioning when you use Dodge you will get caught often and die to this gimmick/stage. [Memorizing which wall patterns she is going to do/does once the pattern starts help, but we are way too early for that]
Run towards a wall and press Dodge(Space default); read Dodge's rule emphasizing on if you dodge exactly when you get hit . . . you become invulnerable for 1 second. Make sure to position accordingly to time your Dodge again at the same timing (avoid getting stuck between 2 walls colliding with being invulnerable)
The ability technically isn't a OHKO but with the usual gear ATM you tend to just get one shot if not left with 10% HP usually.
There are 2 different patterns of walls Tiamat spawns [hence knowing which helps so you can dodge/move from muscle memory]
- Tiamat will continue with random DDRs and basic abilities/attacks + Lethal In and Out Circles until you get her to this stage: Teamwork or Death [Unless you are Soloing]
Tiamat next OHKO ability is marked with a Red Arrow/Cursor above your character/all character(s) in the map.
There will be circles below your character(s) as well; the goal is to make sure your team's circle touch each other. For solo this stage doesn't really matter/should be easy once you know how it works.
After a certain time interval Tiamat will unleash her OHKO; if everyone is together Tiamat guarantee OHKO is negated (white shockwave of the entire map)
This stage will change as well as you progress.
- Tiamat will continue with basic abilities/attacks + DDR + Prison Walls/Lethal In and Out Circles until you trigger this stage/attack when she gets low enough.
Golden Sigil: Tiamat's longest OHKO
The center of the map with a sigil glows gold
Everyone/you must gather to the very center of the map (usually just be on top/in Tiamat)
Tiamat will unleash a volley of abilities that will one shot anyone that isn't at the safe zone (on/in Tiamat)
- Tiamat will now continue with basic abilities/attacks/DDRs/Prison walls/Lethal In and Out Circles until you trigger another Teamwork or Death stage
Again everyone's circle indicator must connect; however afterwards everyone will be marked with an AOE lethal circle
Stand still and dodge once the OHKO ability comes out or dash out (with iframe prefer). Be careful about consistently running or you will kill your teammate(s) on accident.
- Tiamat's next OHKO ability is: Touch all 12 or Die
Tiamat will spawn 4 blue dark crystals on the map; afterwards 4 blue circles will spawn in a cross formation on each crystal
You and/or your team must touch all 12 before Tiamat completes her channel to OHKO you
If you manage to touch all 12 she will do a similar attack to veronica; in that she will just charge and be sad that she couldn't kill you
If you or your team successfully touched all 12 blue circles; you/your team will be granted a huge damage buff
Tiamat will now continue with basic attacks/abilities/DDRs/Prison walls/Lethal In and Out Circles until you trigger her next stage.
Tiamat next stage is: 2 Stones tell 2 tales [20 HP Bar]
There will be 2 dark red crystals spawn in the center left/right of the map
one of them will be electrify; the other will not
hit the one that isn't cover in electricity/discharging; they will interchange so switch accordingly
hitting the wrong crystal/not using space as you hit will lead to you getting knock back and taking chunks of damage.
If you successfully spam hit the correct crystals you can proceed + you do big chunks of damage to Tiamat as well in this stage (1~3 bars)
- Tiamat continues with with basic attacks/abilities/DDRs/Prison walls/Lethal In and Out Circles until you trigger her next stage.
Tiamat transform into a pitch black demon form
Her basic attacks/abilities are empower and she starts to hurt
However, she will no longer play games/OHKO games with you -> Simply just spam abilities until you kill her.
- All of her OHKO/High damage mechanics can be Counter (C default) or Dodge (Space Default)
-This dungeon is long AF until you complete Tiamat gear [ex: Circuits 20min clear vs her 1min clear]
- There is 2 instances (if you aren't DPSing) Tiamat high enough that she spawns a stone/tablet to the right side and marches towards the stone. This stage is rather simple in that you keep hitting her until you do enough damage to stop her from touching the stone; if she touches the stone she will unleash a OHKO on the entire map/sector.
Feel free to correct anything if I may have made a mistake!
Also share some tips/advices that aren't mention! (cough talismans cough dragon elixirs?)
how much % psi or phy pen