We are aware of issues concerning the launcher, and are looking into its solution. We appreciate everyone's patience. For updates, please visit the following link: https://bit.ly/361EwbY

Closers are a better game! I tried soul worker and it sucks.

You do not need to participate in such surveys for the character to arrive.
Everything has a time.

Comments

• I feel like someone could've paid you to do this. Then again, Gameforged certainly butchered that game right on the 1st day.

• Lexy6Lexy6 Member
    edited February 2018

IMHO closers character has more charm than soul workers character, i mean come on even tein in maid costume is more cute than stela or whatever her name is

• nyxonnyxon Member
    edited February 2018

you sound like one of those actors/actress from terrible infomercials...lmao...SW is still in ALPHA....idk why people are already bashing it...its the god damn first day of the game.....not that I prefer SW or anything....but cant we just wait.....
    nevertheless they should've atleast considered closed beta first (idk why the hell they skipped this process) then do this public test...

• with tons of bug,lag,disconnet etc no wonder lots of people bashing it but i think that's mostly because of the publisher fault

• @Lexy6 said:
    with tons of bug,lag,disconnet etc no wonder lots of people bashing it but i think that's mostly because of the publisher fault

yeah....for some reason they skipped some of the crucial step when it comes to publishing mmorpg....worse part is the staff barely give any info or feedback about the current state of the game and as a result, it got fked up bashed by the players pretty quick lol

• @nyxon said:
    you sound like one of those actors/actress from terrible infomercials...lmao...SW is still in ALPHA....idk why people are already bashing it...its the god damn first day of the game.....not that I prefer SW or anything....but cant we just wait.....
    nevertheless they should've atleast considered closed beta first (idk why the hell they skipped this process) then do this public test...

Considering they say it's "Open Beta," my expectation were higher but what they offer barely pass alpha stage. Not say SW is bad. I honestly find SW has a more interesting story and characters background than Closers. As mentioned, the publisher butchered that game and any potential it may have on the 1st day.

Hopefully they'll recover, but from what I gather and 15min experience, I'll keep my expectation low, very low, when it comes to gameforge.

• @Elfgahr said:

@nyxon said:

Considering they say it's "Open Beta," my expectation were higher but what they offer barely pass alpha stage. Not say SW is bad. I honestly find SW has a more interesting story and characters background than Closers. As mentioned, the publisher butchered that game and any potential it may have on the 1st day.

Hopefully they'll recover, but from what I gather and 15min experience, I'll keep my expectation low, very low, when it comes to gameforge.

yeah...the "Open Beta" placed too much hype and expectation which resulted to this catastrophe....idk anything about Gameforge...but they sure did messed up a seemingly good game lol...if within 4-5 weeks and the state of the game is still the same...welllllllllllll............

• I don't know what you guys were expecting but as someone who played both JP and KR, I can tell you the game will remain exactly the same except some bugs will be fixed. If you didn't like the gameplay and feel of characters you won't get anything different later on. Content-wise they are almost up to date (excluding characters and awakening(2nd job or w/e you wanna call it)).

• Graphics and gameplay style of game sucks

• I played (briefly) on the private servers for Closers and Soul Worker and I was pleasantly surprised by some of the updates that we got for Closers (being able to consume coins/statues right out of your inventory, reorganization of all the coloured materials, etc.). In comparison, I'm very disappointed with the lack of changes to the UI in Soul Worker. Drop-down menus to equip, sell, use items. What is this? 1990? Even when you do go through the drop menu to sell an item, you have up to 2 confirmations to sell an item. The universal "Are you sure you want to sell this?" and an additional "Are you really sure you meant to click sell?" when selling an item of rare grade or higher as if one confirmation wasn't enough. I can't say I like all of the pop-up notices in Closers either though, but it doesn't grate on me as much.

I'm far more drawn towards Closers for its story and the effort that its writers (or EME's localization team) put into making it worth reading. Closers is not the first MMORPG to have humourous dialog and I hope it will not be the last, but Soul Worker is void of comedy and it just makes me have to quote the infamous "Why so serious?" (Joker - The Dark Knight Rises). I don't know if Soul Worker's dialog is just naturally so solemn or if it lost its laughs as a result of poor translation.

Characters. This one again goes to Closers in my book. I know I mentioned dialog already, but I like how even the straight-laced Seulbi has her comedic moments like the multi-page report and the cat and shopping cart appearing in Psychic Satellite. Even putting the dialog aside, I like a lot more characters in Closers than Soul Worker -- both playable and non. With all the lag, I haven't had a chance to get far in Soul Worker to see the personalities of characters, but outside of Haru and Iris, I don't care for many others -- No, not even Miriam or the girl that dies. Also, clown boss... like, really. "CLOWNS?!" (Coach - Left 4 Dead 2)

In terms of combat, Closers is faster paced. No argument. A "long" sector (ignoring raids) will take about 3 minutes to get through. In comparison, I've taken as long as 8 1/2 minutes getting through an instance in Soul Worker on the private server where the EXP is 3x normal and game play is actually smooth. I didn't feel that enhancing my weapon actually helped either. To my knowledge, I could enhance up to +9 and breakage starts at +4 according to the UI. I only had the materials to get to +3 which increased my 300 attack weapon by about 20.

I still plan on playing both games, but Closers will definitely take the larger part of my day.

• Both games are just as bad, both have the flaws I'm not sure why you guys have to be so defensive it looks like damage control by this point.

Wew another thread, Is this part of the Tinaposters master plan?

• Yeah, both games have flaws but in my very personal opinion i'm having more fun playing closers, and i like the history/characters more
    anyways, I still have to play a lot more of Soul Worker to say if it's that bad or not

• My main problem with SW is how everybody just looks miserable we got the same set here with mosnters invasion but much more light-heart even the wolfdogs the more dark part of the story have fun characters like harrpy but fuck SW have none some are even batshit crazy and gameplay is outdated while closers have a charm the SW looks like a shitty version of WoW.

• @Yoburi said:
    My main problem with SW is how everybody just looks miserable we got the same set here with mosnters invasion but much more light-heart even the wolfdogs the more dark part of the story have fun characters like harrpy but fuck SW have none some are even batshit crazy and gameplay is outdated while closers have a charm the SW looks like a shitty version of WoW.

Kidnapped. Mind broken. Forced into servitude.

Fun character haHAA

• what did you guys expect? this is Gameforge we're talking about

Gameforge is literally the worst MMO company in existence (along with Nexon EU), they might have a good front but nothing backing up that front... (oh, and they're scammers too, giving you no in-game money if you give them irl money)

everything else... well, I won't repeat what I said yesterday at the other Closers vs Soul Worker thread

• @Jochira said:
    what did you guys expect? this is Gameforge we're talking about

Gameforge is literally the worst MMO company in existence (along with Nexon EU), they might have a good front but nothing backing up that front... (oh, and they're scammers too, giving you no in-game money if you give them irl money)

everything else... well, I won't repeat what I said yesterday at the other Closers vs Soul Worker thread

And it's almost impossible to buy anything with gold in SW, too much expensive for an ordinary item

• Closers are not P2w :)

• @Perigo said:

@Jochira said:
    what did you guys expect? this is Gameforge we're talking about

And it's almost impossible to buy anything with gold in SW, too much expensive for an ordinary item

True, and ppl trying to justify it by telling others to keep playing till end-game, even if early-game and mid-game are boring

• I played Jp Sw when it was brand new, not too keen on playing again. I like that the dogs that you can chase and the graphics are nice and the guitar girl but other then that I rather not, and yeah because gameforge got it is another reason xD

• OMEGALUL this forum is a cesspool of real special people :D, I haven't played soulworker in the past but i'm enjoying myself y'all are losing your shit over games

• @Harem said:

@Yoburi said:
    My main problem with SW is how everybody just looks miserable we got the same set here with mosnters invasion but much more light-heart even the wolfdogs the more dark part of the story have fun characters like harrpy but fuck SW have none some are even batshit crazy and gameplay is outdated while closers have a charm the SW looks like a shitty version of WoW.

Kidnapped. Mind broken. Forced into servitude.

Fun character haHAA

Yeah but you also get Trainer teaching Nata the ways of the thot destroyer.

• Lexy6Lexy6 Member
    edited February 2018

yeah even wolfdogs have their happy and funny moment especially harpy and violet

• @Hangukjjang said:
    OMEGALUL this forum is a cesspool of real special people :D, I haven't played soulworker in the past but i'm enjoying myself y'all are losing your shit over games

I believe there's a thread just like this in the Soul Worker forums and it's likely a mirror image of the community's opinions here, but they are what they are; opinions. Just like you're likely to find a majority of players that prefer Closers here, the same is just as likely there.

I'm trying to give a more constructive analysis of my feelings about both games and there just isn't much I feel I can defend Soul Worker about, but some points might not be specific to the game itself but rather GameForge, e.g. the poor translation. I've had the opportunity to play some more today and I couldn't even be bothered to read the text anymore because it was so mundane.

I think it's worth noting that GameForge's Soul Worker has increased enemy damage and aggression. While you'll take 50 damage from the first boss on the private server, you'll take 300 on GF's server. On hard, the first boss can do 3,000 damage in a single hit. The enemies also have a higher tendency to stare at you on the private server than rape you the moment they get close. So I don't think GF's version will be enjoyed by people who prefer the game in its (I presume) original state.

• @Tekniqal said:

@Hangukjjang said:
    OMEGALUL this forum is a cesspool of real special people :D, I haven't played soulworker in the past but i'm enjoying myself y'all are losing your shit over games

I believe there's a thread just like this in the Soul Worker forums and it's likely a mirror image of the community's opinions here, but they are what they are; opinions. Just like you're likely to find a majority of players that prefer Closers here, the same is just as likely there.

I'm trying to give a more constructive analysis of my feelings about both games and there just isn't much I feel I can defend Soul Worker about, but some points might not be specific to the game itself but rather GameForge, e.g. the poor translation. I've had the opportunity to play some more today and I couldn't even be bothered to read the text anymore because it was so mundane.

I think it's worth noting that GameForge's Soul Worker has increased enemy damage and aggression. While you'll take 50 damage from the first boss on the private server, you'll take 300 on GF's server. On hard, the first boss can do 3,000 damage in a single hit. The enemies also have a higher tendency to stare at you on the private server than rape you the moment they get close. So I don't think GF's version will be enjoyed by people who prefer the game in its (I presume) original state.

It's Kritika all over again EME was truly a pioneer

• I like/play both in jp/kr and waited western releases till this day for Soul Worker. Gameplay differs (while I find Closers/Elsword sidescrolley -style easier to get used to). Damage is higher in GF compared to ps as i noticed it too (that was evil suprise, thought something was off with it, dem tweaks <.<)

• From a game play stand point, I'm currently enjoying playing Yuri and Levia most, and am most anticipating Luna. I started with Seulbi, but I find myself sitting in one place too much when I play her which is fine solo but in a party everything in the vicinity is dead in 2 seconds. It's the primary reason I couldn't stand playing Stella too (being a sitting duck during skills).

I couldn't really enjoy playing Erwin or Jin (martial arts type characters generally aren't my thing in any game) and I dislike fixed placement skills like what Lily (and Seulbi) has. I find Haru to be the most understandable and I think that's probably common given the 2-star difficulty rating. I've been waiting for Iris to come out since the game was first revealed, but they pushed her back to be the 2nd unreleased character so I've got a lot of waiting to do for both games.

I think both games fill different needs. With Dragon Nest going down the drain at the hands of its own developer and just overall loss of interest over time, Soul Worker comes closest as a game of that form (time-sensitive dodges, free camera, etc.).

• As for me? SW is AWSOME game, but not in form Gemeforge release it. I prefere to play even at private server than on Gameforge one. I dont even talk about DC, lags poor connection, bugs, etc. They dont allow players to choose which language they wanna use (i mean sub, quest log, etc.) and vesrion which is isntalled in my country is just TERRIBLE. it cant be played. Female character said about themself as males, character use words which arent used from XVII century, and most thing looks like translated via google translator... If they dont known language then why the hell they add it into game, and more: FORCE PPL TO USE IT!

I dont wanna compare SW and Closers. Booth of them are totally diffrent for me, but if we talk about characters then i prefere Closers cast as whole cast, but SW have some nice chars (like Iris and Erwin). Which game have better story? This depend of person point of view.

• Hate me later for this but uh, Closers is not better than soul worker. Closers is also easier than soul worker. The only thing I give Closers credit for having better than SW is the stamina bar and PVP. For some odd reason this has popped up in the serch for soul worker which is quite sad, but since i play both on steam I will just drop this "Hell naw" right here and move on.

• @AC7FEMFAW9 said:
    Hate me later for this but uh, Closers is not better than soul worker. Closers is also easier than soul worker. The only thing I give Closers credit for having better than SW is the stamina bar and PVP. For some odd reason this has popped up in the serch for soul worker which is quite sad, but since i play both on steam I will just drop this "Hell naw" right here and move on.

I don't know much about SW, but Closers gets much harder in Endgame, unless you're overgeared. Is SW really that much harder than Closers in Endgame?

• Lexy6Lexy6 Member

@MomoDaaku said:

@AC7FEMFAW9 said:
    Hate me later for this but uh, Closers is not better than soul worker. Closers is also easier than soul worker. The only thing I give Closers credit for having better than SW is the stamina bar and PVP. For some odd reason this has popped up in the serch for soul worker which is quite sad, but since i play both on steam I will just drop this "Hell naw" right here and move on.

I don't know much about SW, but Closers gets much harder in Endgame, unless you're overgeared. Is SW really that much harder than Closers in Endgame?

more like GF increase the dificulty and energy(stamina) cost and cut the exp rate ,the premium shop are free( for now) so you earn free energy every day but you better believe this will cost real money in the future and make already snail pace leveling even more slow unless you pay of course