We are aware of issues concerning the launcher, and are looking into its solution. We appreciate everyone's patience. For updates, please visit the following link: https://bit.ly/361EwbY

Closers are a better game! I tried soul worker and it sucks.

2»

Comments

• @Lexy6 said:

more like GF increase the dificulty and energy(stamina) cost and cut the exp rate ,the premium shop are free( for now) so you earn free energy every day but you better believe this will cost real money in the future and make already snail pace leveling even more slow unless you pay of course

Sounds like a typical Failforge-move. Doing things like these to get people interested and when everyone got hooked they have to pay large amounts of money to be able to play the game at all.

How would the difficuly compare to Closers without the adjustments that GF did?

• Lexy6Lexy6 Member
    edited March 2018

well some player said they were killed in 1-2 hits by a 1st dungeon bos

• AoiRyuuAoiRyuu Member
    edited March 2018

@Lexy6 said:

So you say that you haven't even played it and you just say whatever?

For me - soul worker (as a game) is much better than closers BUT the company behind it is much worse. Long story short - if only enmasse got soul worker and not closers it would be great.

And yep, soul worker is much harder, closers is so easy that i fall asleep when i play it, in soul worker i have to actually focus a little.

• Lexy6Lexy6 Member

@AoiRyuu said:

@Lexy6 said:

For me - soul worker (as a game) is much better than closers BUT the company behind it is much worse. Long story short - if only enmasse got soul worker and not closers it would be great.

And yep, soul worker is much harder, closers is so easy that i fall asleep when i play it, in soul worker i have to actually focus a little.

my friends who play jp/kr version and try steam version has confirmed it ,anyway i'm not going to bother my self by starting meaningless debate you play your game (soulworker) and i play my game(closers) full stop

• Then why u start it anyway? And I play both games, so I can actually say something that is relevant.

• NA/EU Soulworker definitely has the higher difficulty early on. Low level bosses are capable of one-shotting you on Manic. This seems to fall off later though, from what I read (haven't reached higher levels yet). Feels like a ploy to get people spending on Respawners. Or just scaring new players.
    Closers' way of handling difficulty makes more sense, though the curve moves pretty slowly before spiking up at the end.

• NatoriousNatorious Member
    edited March 2018

@AoiRyuu said:

@Lexy6 said:

Ehm i play both, SW on JP and tried the game-forge shitshow Closers NA and KR/used to play CN , Gameforge is indeed harder then JP however lol this whole thread is pointless coz everyone enjoys something else ( Personally i enjoy the faster combat more in closers then in Soulworker but again that's a matter of preference), Closers wasnt meant to be this easy but we have nerfed content , And closers Endgame is hard i think its like it should be. In the End both of these games aren't for everyone and people should play what they enjoy

• So why you diss so much EU/NA SW if you say that this topic is pointless?

• @AoiRyuu said:
    So why you diss so much EU/NA SW if you say that this topic is pointless?

coz its GF and they ruined too many good games. But if you enjoy it lol good luck

• @Noelll said:
    The only thing they have going for them graphically for example are their effects, but Closers beat them there too. Preferences for art styles are subjective, but why would you even bother with the generic anime style of SW is beyond me.

Like Closer is not generic anime style :D.
    Also - Closers is 2.5D, SW is 3D.

Textures are shit no matter where you look, be it characters or areas, Closers at least have good character textures and the detail on Closers characters is certainly a great touch, albeit, there are some things I did like as "rule of cool" in SW, see for example Hysteria. Erwin is just GAR when he uses Hysteria.

For me textures are okay. I don\t know what is your problem.

SW is objectively slower than Closers, so if you're going for speed, you're going to be disappointed. Closers > DN > SW in terms of speed, so there you go, why don't you start playing DN instead?

For me speed is similar also SW is more challenging.

Max difficulty SW is a pain in the ass. I'm still in the starting area though, so take the details I'm giving here on this subject in particular with a grain of salt, everything becomes damage sponges that pretty much 2 hit kill you, bosses will take you 10 minutes but they tend to be telegraphic and slow anyway, so they're just really huge sponges that can kill you in 1 shot if you slip because of boredom.

Not true.

Skills, the way I see them, are cool and all, but they seem to just be random effects mostly, stitched together. I do like their secondary passive attacks and all that though, that was a nice surprise, especially because they seem to have some effects of their own, like Slow and Paralyse. But the flow of combat is also pretty poor in comparison to both DN and Closers, since you're pretty much unable to cancel out of skills (or so it was with Erwin) and the dodge, while it's nice to have it based on Stamina, is pretty poor in terms of range and consumption rate, I'm also doubtful it has an iframe, but I digress.

You can ani-cancel from most of the skills (at least on Haru, which I play), also the combat in SW is more based on normal attacks, where in Closers most normal attacks don't serve any purpose.

For me Soul Worker is more challenging, less boring and in SW I am able to actually play with ppl in party and it's actually preferable which is pretty nice compared to Closers where I NEVER had chance to play with party.

• AoiRyuuAoiRyuu Member
    edited March 2018

In short - opinions.

edit:
    though your are pretty agressive in stating your opinions.

• As you can see i disagree with your opinion.
    I enjoy SW more, seems like you enjoy Closers more.
    I prefer art style of Sw, you prefer the one in Closers.
    Show me the bad quality of textures in SW.
    What do you mean by speed? The speed of mobs, the speed of characters, can't you be more specific?
    Then you are doing clearly something wrong if bosses one shot you and mobs 2-3 shots you. You probably should get better items.
    The bosses have some hard to dodge attack, compared to Closers where you can close (closers... close.... :D) your eyes and just press buttons and win it's definitive improvement unless you don;t like challenge.
    You don't spam same base attack, but you actually have to use base attack (and btw. it's not auto attack, auto attack means you attack autmatically and that's not the case). Do you understand the difference?
    And also, as I said - i play both games, I even have both of them launched right now, so I actually can compare them.

• So you prefer to use Argumentum ad personam. Okay, we are done here :). Have a nice day.

• BaraNoMarieBaraNoMarie Member
    edited March 2018

Im not gonna protect SW, or anything, but i need to say this:
    If you said "But the flow of combat is also pretty poor in comparison to both DN and Closers, since you're pretty much unable to cancel out of skills (or so it was with Erwin) and the dodge, while it's nice to have it based on Stamina, is pretty poor in terms of range and consumption rate, I'm also doubtful it has an iframe, but I digress." then sorry but i can onyly say WTF this dude do in game? Erwin is one of strongest character in SW, have good skill, and NA range, can cancel most actions, you wanna giant range, almost infinity evede too? Sorry but this would make this character broken as f**k (btw: there is no character with unlimited evede). I think its good evede is so limited by stamina, Becouse you need to have some strategy in fight not onyly spam skills and "infinity dash" to run, and again spam long range skills.
    About boss 1 shoot you. Is this joke? At 1st, mayby 2nd run it can be true if you are underlvled (but rly... why dont evede?), but from Maniac you get gear so powerful that mobs almost dont deal you dmg, and even bosses deal you max 1/2 hp in whole fight if you dont care to evede... Just CRAFT and UPGRADE. even gear +5 make you almost immortal.
    And no in SW you dont spamm same AA. When you lvl LMB skill you get new combo (but dunno why someone gonna lvl it to high), and there is also RMB (special). Also in SW sometimes you make combos where you put LMB between skills to extend combo bar/get SG/hit harder, when in Closers most fight is skill->skill->skill-skill->skill->skill->skill->skill especially if you have ligh lvled Sylvi team passive.
    About Stamina in SW: In JAP and KR ver. you can get stamina pots via 2nd type in game currency (S-coins) so dont known but mayby in NA they gonna put it too.
    Still i think everyone should check booth games and then decide which one is better by theyr own opinion becouse as for me booth are totaly diffrent. Also i hate gameforge so i propably gonna stay at JAP server instead of playing on NA/EU one, becouse i find there TONS of bugs, and localisation is terrible... In my coutry ther change "Howling guitar" to "Emo guitar"... Erwin use "Ferwo revolver". I dont even known what Ferwo is. That word doesnt exist...

• @AoiRyuu said:

@Lexy6 said:

" And yep, soul worker is much harder, closers is so easy that i fall asleep when i play it, in soul worker i have to actually focus a little."

You say in this post how hard is. And somehow in your head that makes it a better game lol (like people saying dark souls is the best game because how hard it is...funny)

@BaraNoMarie said:
    Im not gonna protect SW, or anything, but i need to say this:
    If you said "But the flow of combat is also pretty poor in comparison to both DN and Closers, since you're pretty much unable to cancel out of skills (or so it was with Erwin) and the dodge, while it's nice to have it based on Stamina, is pretty poor in terms of range and consumption rate, I'm also doubtful it has an iframe, but I digress." then sorry but i can onyly say WTF this dude do in game? Erwin is one of strongest character in SW, have good skill, and NA range, can cancel most actions, you wanna giant range, almost infinity evede too? Sorry but this would make this character broken as f**k (btw: there is no character with unlimited evede). I think its good evede is so limited by stamina, Becouse you need to have some strategy in fight not onyly spam skills and "infinity dash" to run, and again spam long range skills.
    About boss 1 shoot you. Is this joke? At 1st, mayby 2nd run it can be true if you are underlvled (but rly... why dont evede?), but from Maniac you get gear so powerful that mobs almost dont deal you dmg, and even bosses deal you max 1/2 hp in whole fight if you dont care to evede... Just CRAFT and UPGRADE. even gear +5 make you almost immortal.
    And no in SW you dont spamm same AA. When you lvl LMB skill you get new combo (but dunno why someone gonna lvl it to high), and there is also RMB (special). Also in SW sometimes you make combos where you put LMB between skills to extend combo bar/get SG/hit harder, when in Closers most fight is skill->skill->skill-skill->skill->skill->skill->skill especially if you have ligh lvled Sylvi team passive.
    About Stamina in SW: In JAP and KR ver. you can get stamina pots via 2nd type in game currency (S-coins) so dont known but mayby in NA they gonna put it too.
    Still i think everyone should check booth games and then decide which one is better by theyr own opinion becouse as for me booth are totaly diffrent. Also i hate gameforge so i propably gonna stay at JAP server instead of playing on NA/EU one, becouse i find there TONS of bugs, and localisation is terrible... In my coutry ther change "Howling guitar" to "Emo guitar"... Erwin use "Ferwo revolver". I dont even known what Ferwo is. That word doesnt exist...

"About boss 1 shoot you. Is this joke? At 1st, mayby 2nd run it can be true if you are underlvled (but rly... why dont evede?), but from Maniac you get gear so powerful that mobs almost dont deal you dmg, and even bosses deal you max 1/2 hp in whole fight if you dont care to evede... Just CRAFT and UPGRADE. even gear +5 make you almost immortal."

Here you say that is false Boss one shot kill you and gets really easy....Dude you don´t know what to do with your mind lol you say that is hard in first place and that makes it a better game than Closers wich you fall sleep while you play because how easy it is and later on you say SW is really an easy game. Just enjoy SW and stop trying to justify the fact that you like it more making "Argument" in an "Objective" way to feel good with yourself because almost everyone here saying that Closers is better than SW.

• @Draciusen said:

@Harem said:

@Yoburi said:
    My main problem with SW is how everybody just looks miserable we got the same set here with mosnters invasion but much more light-heart even the wolfdogs the more dark part of the story have fun characters like harrpy but fuck SW have none some are even batshit crazy and gameplay is outdated while closers have a charm the SW looks like a shitty version of WoW.

Kidnapped. Mind broken. Forced into servitude.

Fun character haHAA

Yeah but you also get Trainer teaching Nata the ways of the thot destroyer.

And there is a side quest where Kim and Yuri are in heat.

comparing SW to Closers, I like Closers better, it seems like SW if better as a mobile game for me.

• @Vincentv95 said:
    Here you say that is false Boss one shot kill you and gets really easy....Dude you don´t know what to do with your mind lol you say that is hard in first place and that makes it a better game than Closers wich you fall sleep while you play because how easy it is and later on you say SW is really an easy game. Just enjoy SW and stop trying to justify the fact that you like it more making "Argument" in an "Objective" way to feel good with yourself because almost everyone here saying that Closers is better than SW.

Lol... When I said Closers make me sleep? When i said diffuculty make game better/worst? Dude you quote TWO DIFFRENT PPL! Start reading who write what, and then start to write... I write all time everyone should check booth games...

Noell you dont understund what i mean: If Erwin had longer dash with lower stamina cost it would make him broken as f**k. If you can make combo and cancel then sorry, but its you who cant use character, not game which dont give good combat system. Like i write later: You sometimes need to use LMB, or RMB not onyly spam skills. There is even character which have skill at RMB which rise her dmg output for 3 sec, and give 30% SG so its better to put it inside combo instead of wasting dmg buff.

• OMG... Ofcourse... YOU cant perform combo at Erwin so that make game have shitty gameplay right? Game should make one character almost impossible just becouse You think at least a little strategy is needed in combat (think before spam evede)? But ok... You have your opinion i have my. Personally i think everyone should get theyr own, becouse as for me booth games are greate and i play booth of them.

• Yeah my bad...still is true what I said at the end...Just enjoy your game and stop justify why you like more SW...You need to visit a doctor if you find the gameplay in SW is fast as the gameplay In Closers...They are not even close to how fast in the gameplay one from another o3o

Do you like fast action gameplay= Closers.

Do you like more slow and kinda strategic gameplay= SW

I don´t know how something so simple ended being something like this lol

• And again..I don´t know why saying SW is more "strategic" (come on out there exist real strategic games) Makes it a better game to you but whatever....What I see right here is a lot of subjective comments and arguments trying to look objective. Nothing else...

• I played both and I feel like I can say this: Closers is skillspam game. literally just skillspam mobs to death, lather, rinse, repeat. Same with boss as well as just dodging some mechanics. Went to around somewhere in the lvl 20's or 30's and it was all the same, just group mobs together and skillspam them which isn't hard since the maps are so very linear that your skills will cover a good portion of the field. I tried pvp too and was fairly disgusted at the even higher levels of skillspam that it was.

Soul Worker you actually have cooldowns and resources to manage, don't go in like any other game and just facetank everything or you will get shat on. Yes Manic mode bosses can and will 1-hit you if you play poorly, but learning how to fight them is also rewarding because you will get GREAT gear drops from them that outstat pretty much most other gear you can get except craftable sets. I do Manic solo runs, and I can do it because I go look at the boss attacks in normal mode and learn their to dodge them and also try to look at any important mechanics that a few of them have like map-range attacks. Yes sometimes I will die for being careless, but then I take that opportunity to try and see what I did wrong. Learning to dodge in SW is a key mechanic as well as paying attention to your stamina regen so you don't go in get hit like an idiot when you realize you didn't have enough stamina. Also you likely won't be skillspamming in this game unless you're in a party or you brok the boss's super armor and want to take advantage of its lower def for around 3 seconds. Most other things you will be doing is throwing out some skills that have high super armor break values while dancing around the boss with normal atks/combos. If any of you are complaining about expensive gear, it's obviously because the game is new and there is a lack of supply, therefore demand dictates that prices will be high.

• Closers could really use a difficulty upgrade in the early stages, and even in the latter stages it is still a bit too easy to end up overgeared. That's where the skill-spamming comes from. The bosses (and even some elite mobs) technically have some great mechanics if you bothered about dodging red circles and attacks, but most of the time hits are so puny and bosses go down so quickly, you won't even care about your HP.

This is a shame, because the combat mechanics of closers are far more complex and intricate than in SW. SW has one dodge (closers has more than one for some chars), no cancel, no air combat, no empowered state, no back/chase/air damage, no grab, no lifts, no superarmor, no invincibility skills, and a single armor crash mechanic that's pretty pointless. The bosses themselves aren't bad in SW either, but because you're essentially relegated to a attack-dodge-attack-dodge-attack-dodge-run-to-regen stamina mechanic they can get pretty boring as well after a while (after you have died a couple of times at first, trying to figure out their patterns). Still bosses in SW are more fun than in closers atm, just because closers is just too darn easy (except Tiamat and Camille at the moment).

Everything else Closers beats SW by a mile.Heck the translations in SW don't even make sense half the time, never mind humor. ...and every level I get a "proceed to the next level" quest... ugh... not my cup of tea.

• That's the thing though, Closers is so easy that it doesn't feel like it provides any gratification or doing well, you just kinda go and play it and god forbid if you're actually bad enough to lose. In SW you can actually die to normal mobs in Manic mode and the elite mobs with shields if you don't watch your positioning and are too busy smacking other mobs around, you definitely have to play around it since you can't CC shielded mobs unless their shield breaks. some bosses will also have special mechanics that you have to dodge a certain way or risk getting 1-shot like the arachnid queen boss in the second town, she tunnels underground and spreads black goo on the floor that causes constant knockdown and high damage, and the way to get around it is to either jump up on one of the three raised platforms to not be on the ground level, or manage to suspend yourself in the air with a long air-combo or long animation air skill until it's over. Though I will agree that the super armor break on bosses could feel a bit more significant, especially solo where the 2-3 seconds of their no shield state feels like it's eally really short, something that's probably more exploitable in groups where someone can go do the shield breaking blow while the others are already starting their high damage skill animations to capitalize on the bonus damage.

I'm certainly considering trying closers again though probably not at the moment with all the games i'm doing at the moment (Tera, Vindictus, Hyper Universe, and Soul Worker)

• I find that there is a change in the later part of the game when area attack enemy skills come out, you need to keep a distance to some of them and skillspamming can end up killing you if you're caught in mid animation. I learned this the hard way with Sylvi, first 3/4 of the game, Psychic Sat, Grav, Lightning, done. Once Irina comes in, Psychic Sat....get rained on by arrows.

Once these skills come in, you have to keep moving and many skills lock up your movement range so it changes to 'hit and run'.