The 15-day Log-in Yukata Reward should be all for all players, not new ones

I'm not sure if it's just a communication error and all players will be able to get the free costume, but if this is not the case, I wanted to make an official feedback thread to say that the costume reward in the upcoming event should be available for all players, not just new ones.

There's been some feedback already in the General Discussion forum, but I don't know if that gets read by the development team, so I just wanted to state it clearly here.

Comments

• ScarletDevilScarletDevil Member
    edited March 2018

The Yukata can't be received before the Tina release patch, so they might add a way for all players to get/buy it in that patch.

• Agreed.

It's very inconsiderate with those who have been playing this game for a while, we want the free costume too.

• Why not? Let people who are new have something special for themselves. Give them a reason to come into this game. I'm sure they will release plenty of other things that we can enjoy, so let them have this.

• @Openers said:
    Why not? Let people who are new have something special for themselves. Give them a reason to come into this game. I'm sure they will release plenty of other things that we can enjoy, so let them have this.

It's unfair for all people who played the game before the event. Imagine if you started to play the game last week, wouldn't it be unfair for you, a new player, to not get something that someone who just happened to play a week later gets?

If the special reward for this new player event was just something like 50 phase fiber, xp pots, item luck pots, and some other useful stuff for new players to catch up with, that would've been fine. However, EME decided to give items like I listed above on top of a free EMP shop pet, Contact Lenses, AND 1 costume that's not craftable/buyable. The Premium items should at least be given to older players as well.

• @Waavelength said:
    If the special reward for this new player event was just something like 50 phase fiber, xp pots, item luck pots, and some other useful stuff for new players to catch up with, that would've been fine. However, EME decided to give items like I listed above on top of a free EMP shop pet, Contact Lenses, AND 1 costume that's not craftable/buyable. The Premium items should at least be given to older players as well.

Why should player base be divided at all? It is not like this stuff is useful only to accounts that were created after march 19.
    Why make events exclusively for part of community? I don't see a single good reason.

• @Openers said:
    Why not? Let people who are new have something special for themselves. Give them a reason to come into this game. I'm sure they will release plenty of other things that we can enjoy, so let them have this.

Giving them a cosmetic costume sets isn't going to make anybody stays with the game. It's a bad marketing move because it splits the community into new vs old.
    Instead, they should give out a free permanent EXISTING set of costume (I doubt any old players gives a fck about this) and have the yukata costume (which really is a special occasion costume) as part of the event for everybody. See how everybody would be happy and benefited from this event?

• I posted in the general discussion thread how I felt about this, but I wanted to keep my suggestions for resolving this issue to the feedback thread. I still hope that we are jumping the gun here, and that alpha/beta and early players will be getting the same/similar yukata reward.

In case they currently don't plan on doing this I would like to suggest that it be considered.

I personally feel the yukata is similar to the swimsuits, in the sense that many people desire that costume style, and it is really disappointing to see something so likable/desirable be locked to an event favoring new players. I would personally favor the following resolutions in order of "most desirable resolution" to "least desirable resolution":

1. Talk with Naddic to get alpha/beta and users who began playing before this event a unique colored variant that cannot be purchased or crafted. Color variants are often already a part of assets in some cases, and this could be a very low time/cost solution.

2. Give beta/alpha and existing users the option to craft the same yukata by farming for materials. Considering the real money snow fox accessories that were originally sold and have now been made into a crafted accessory it wouldn't be unreasonable to suggest to Naddic that the same approach be taken in regards to the yukata costume. I do not like this solution as much because it doesn't add as much incentive to create a new account, devaluing the new player reward, and old players have to put in more work/time to get their "thank you" reward.

3. The least desirable solution from my perspective would be selling variants of the yukata in the EMP store. This is the least desirable to me because it has the opposite effect as the first suggested resolution. It devalues the new player reward, it "asks" for something from old players instead of "thanking" them,

Again, I really hope that we are all hastily complaining here, and that EME and Naddic have a yukata reward planned for alpha/beta and early adopters that closely matches the new player reward without making the new player reward less meaningful.
    I hope that this is helpful, I don't mean to imply any negativity or anything like that, and ultimately I would like the new player rewards to also be very desirable.

Thank you for taking your time to read and consider my input.
    -bento :3

• @Waavelength said:

@Openers said:

It's unfair for all people who played the game before the event. Imagine if you started to play the game last week, wouldn't it be unfair for you, a new player, to not get something that someone who just happened to play a week later gets?

Thing is I started playing just over 2 weeks ago or so. It doesn't bother me at all that they are making an event that is exclusive for new players. It is not a bad marketing solution at all either. Giving them items that older players cannot have? How come so many people act like they have never seen an event that is just for new players... jfc

• f

• AlphaPhenixAlphaPhenix Member
    edited March 2018

@Openers said:

I was already planning on a progress wipe as self punishment for not making more votes for Tina...but something like this to basicaly tell me ''Ya, go do it. It's not like you've been working hard to build up a crew on your own just incase your other game buddies eventually start playing closers''...it's a bit much.

Also it's a Yukata and I personally adore the design of those.

• All of the next is said assuming that EME wont apply the login bonus to everyone (which is the thing making everyone mad):

Well, i am a new player (8 days or so) here, but like (i think) everyone here this isnt my first game. I understand the event for new players, the catch up mechanics and all that. BUT what doesnt make sense is that they are giving away for free CASH items (like the pet) and other not available items (the yukata or the set).

If the gifts were only talismans, level up items, consumables, etc, then fine, we all can get them, or dont even need them, but pls, cash items? Thats reallyignoring your CURRENT playerbase,which is as(or more) important than new players.

For those that talk about exclusive events, i have played games with them, but the "exclusive part" in them almost always have been for the veterans, and even then, almost all rewards were for everyone, and only some cosmetic and QoL difference for the old players (the older, the better rewards), but i can accept that, after all, someone that just started cant compare to someone who has played for over a year for example.

So, summary: if we get a new player only event - then fine (the deeper the game, the faster they want to get to endgame)
    But to give cash/exclusive items only to new players? thats pushing away your loyal players. So, my recomendation: make the login event for everyone, so we all can be happy.

• make the fucking Yukata for everyone ass holes

• eme posted about this on the general discussion version of this thread, just an update to everyone checking this one. :smile:

• Leon3Leon3 Member
    edited March 2018

If with type b they refer to the pink. I am not satisfied. I like more how the jade fits in Nata

• HimeHime Member
    edited March 2018

This feedback has been read by Player Council members, then forwarded to EME in hopes of getting the Yukata costumes for everyone. As such, this has proven to be successful. I personally tried to push the idea of making the Yukata available to everyone when I gave the community's feedback to Cochese + suggestions, and I'm glad to see it work out in the end. Below are the changes as posted by Cochese in the thread in General subforum:

• Yukata [Type A] will be obtainable by new accounts that login for 15 days straight AND for all existing accounts that hit level 75
    • Yukata [Type B] will be obtainable through the PC Gamer Key Giveaway that starts on 3/20
    • Yukata [Type C] will be obtainable through another Key Giveaway (hint: Alienware) next month, more details to follow
    • Yukata [Type D] will be obtainable by all players with 4/3 update, the Tina release, more details to follow

Please continue to send feedback whenever possible. Thanks!

~ Player Council

• Yokatta :) .

• @AlphaPhenix said:

@Openers said:

I was already planning on a progress wipe as self punishment for not making more votes for Tina...but something like this to basicaly tell me ''Ya, go do it. It's not like you've been working hard to build up a crew on your own just incase your other game buddies eventually start playing closers''...it's a bit much.

Lucky for you we all get one if we make it to 75, at least during the event time. However it looks like new players get a unique color of it so they will have a special one regardless. Better get grinding soon as you can. Don't want to miss out on it!

• @Openers said:

@AlphaPhenix said:

@Openers said:

Lucky for you we all get one if we make it to 75, at least during the event time. However it looks like new players get a unique color of it so they will have a special one regardless. Better get grinding soon as you can. Don't want to miss out on it!

No, new players get the same one we get from grinding to 75.

• @matirion said:

@Openers said:

@AlphaPhenix said:

@Openers said:

Did I misunderstand? It sounded like there was 4 different versions you could get depending on various methods of being acquired.

• @Openers said:

@matirion said:

@Openers said:

@AlphaPhenix said:

@Openers said:

Did I misunderstand? It sounded like there was 4 different versions you could get depending on various methods of being acquired.

There are indeed 4 versions, but the one we get for 75 is the same one new players get (Type A). A few posts up someone lists all the types and methods of obtaining them.

• @matirion said:

@Openers said:

@matirion said:

@Openers said:

@AlphaPhenix said:

@Openers said:

There are indeed 4 versions, but the one we get for 75 is the same one new players get (Type A). A few posts up someone lists all the types and methods of obtaining them.

Ah I skimmed over it earlier and just misread it. Went back up and I see now.

• Is this about total account level or having 1 character hit lvl 75?

• @KMYCKMWW5J said:
    Is this about total account level or having 1 character hit lvl 75?

Having a character hit 75. Good luck rushing to level cap.