The Future of EU Server

edited March 2018 in General Discussion

What can we do?

EU have really bad ppl playing in the sever, we cant use the "found group" fuction and our channels is really desertic zones.
This must change.

In the last EME Streaming, @circuits said we need to do something constructive and stop say EU dead... so, what can we do? we dont have any representant for EU, you play in NA all time and when EU get bugged or servers downs, you cant repair it in really long hour, i can undertand this because the timezone but this must change.

We are not your second dish and im sure the most of EU players dont like this status right now.

Edit: I hope you NA players, dont come here to say "oh dont cry, go to play NA" because that is not a solution and we deserve play in our own server.

«1

Comments

  • Just pull the plug already

  • MuonMuon Member

    Cross server queue and market if possible if you dont wanna merge the servers. Or try to advertise the game more in EU community. The EU server on the last animeish OL game i played is also dead or the population is really anemic. The game is good, remaining bugs arent that game breaking. AFAIK elsword NA is pretty aggressive on its advertisement, I always see their ads compared to Closers that I never saw even once.

  • Sell the EU server to a EU based company might be the best solution

  • Agreed on making the Black Market and queues cross server. This tech wasn't needed in the other regions, because the playerbase wasn't split up.
    Merges are a last resort I'd rather not see happen, because of all the hassle that comes with it (names mainly, I admit).
    The squad finder seems really unpopular as is though (at least on EU), so not sure how much making it cross server would really fix. How does F6 fare on NA?

  • BekirBekir Member

    EU died and Mergers necessary.
    all newcomers leave.
    It's very hard to find a party.
    People can not enter Tiamat because there are no people.

  • MuonMuon Member

    I have 3 chars running Tiamat Abyss/Nightmares and I can finish all of them if i dont get lazy. Same goes to Doppleganger and Washing machine events. The current event is really popular you can queue with 4/4 players, usually 2-3 in nightmares and dopple, Tiamat abyss queue is the fastest for me. Best time to queue in NA is when the reset is up and during power hour time frames.

  • AlexiiiusAlexiiius Member
    edited March 2018

    @Muon said:
    I have 3 chars running Tiamat Abyss/Nightmares and I can finish all of them if i dont get lazy. Same goes to Doppleganger and Washing machine events. The current event is really popular you can queue with 4/4 players, usually 2-3 in nightmares and dopple, Tiamat abyss queue is the fastest for me. Best time to queue in NA is when the reset is up and during power hour time frames.

    We are speaking about EU status, not about NA. We all know you can queue easy in NA, but you cant in EU and you must force yourself to find group in exteral discord channel.

  • MuonMuon Member
    edited March 2018

    @Alexiiius said: >We are speaking about EU status, not about NA. We all know you can queue easy in NA, but you cant in EU and you must force yourself to find group in exteral discord channel.

    It was the answer to Hadasy's inquiry.

    @Hadasy said: so not sure how much making it cross server would really fix. How does F6 fare on NA?

  • I think one part of '' i dont find a group'' is that u dont need one u can do almost everything alone in this game.

  • AlexiiiusAlexiiius Member
    edited March 2018

    @Beleila said:
    I think one part of '' i dont find a group'' is that u dont need one u can do almost everything alone in this game.

    did u think we must do all our runs alone only because "nha, you can do it". Thats not a solution as i said. And NO. New player dont must to know how to dash in bosses, how to do PG alone, how to farm his own gear, how to make tiamat alone....

  • I didnt say is a must i just said the ppl wont bother searching when solo runs are easy and simple. And when the tool doesnt work try something oldscholl, hmm.. oh i know try using the chat.

  • So, you live in your island and dont pretend to undertand the others. Ok.
    Ok, ok, its fine if you only can think "well, thats not my problem, just use the chat or go alone"... oh man, sad mentality. If we should use the chat to find party this problem dont need to solve from the first time.

  • @Alexiiius said:
    So, you live in your island and dont pretend to undertand the others. Ok.
    Ok, ok, its fine if you only can think "well, thats not my problem, just use the chat or go alone"... oh man, sad mentality. If we should use the chat to find party this problem dont need to solve from the first time.

    Everyone plays the game in his own ways dont judge for that im just faster doing it alone as waiting for some ppl to tag along. That said wawathever u think of my way to play the game it is still true that the ppl would more avtivly search for grps would there be content u cant do alone and need actually a grp for

  • sevaslatoresevaslatore Member
    edited March 2018

    @Alexiiius I agree that eu population is low atm. Like very low but that's people to blame, not eme. Yet aren't you the one who lives on a Island? Closers is not a gw2 where you can shout something like "Knights to me! We are going for their sheep" and next moment you find yourself in chattering unwashed horde of otaku necromancers. In dis game you have to join crew or add some bros to friendzone in order to have some party time. Adapt demmit. Also, new players can only blame themselves for being such weaklings. Game is easy to understand and has info on the net. But oh right, most of them can't even understand english and that was one of core reasons in favor of na.
    And, seriously, stop with low quality trollbaits. Just stop

  • @Alexiiius said:
    What can we do?
    We are not your second dish and im sure the most of EU players dont like this status right now.

    Edit: I hope you NA players, dont come here to say "oh dont cry, go to play NA" because that is not a solution and we deserve play in our own server.

    Haha little troll asks for something constructive :D . That's just rich. It is alright for you if someone else is mistreated by EME, but you suddenly ''deserve'' something if it is you. So go play NA or wait, like we will wait for Harpy, until sever merge or something.

  • Please keep trollbashing confined to the relevant troll topics. If the subject is sensible and open for debate, there's no reason to shut it down just because of the poster's prior history.

    There are definitely things that could be improved in how the EU server is currently handled. Grouping can be largely fixed by being in an active crew. But Black Market is still one potential problem because of the difference in supply.

  • BekirBekir Member

    @Hadasy said:
    Please keep trollbashing confined to the relevant troll topics. If the subject is sensible and open for debate, there's no reason to shut it down just because of the poster's prior history.

    There are definitely things that could be improved in how the EU server is currently handled. Grouping can be largely fixed by being in an active crew. But Black Market is still one potential problem because of the difference in supply.

    Black market dead= EU dead
    This stems up to defend your thinking on your own terms.
    Overall unthinkable idea is absurd.
    Beginners dozens of people leaving game.
    You can be comfortable on your own.
    Just leave yourself thinking speech.

  • BekirBekir Member

    @Alexiiius said:
    What can we do?

    EU have really bad ppl playing in the sever, we cant use the "found group" fuction and our channels is really desertic zones.
    This must change.

    In the last EME Streaming, @circuits said we need to do something constructive and stop say EU dead... so, what can we do? we dont have any representant for EU, you play in NA all time and when EU get bugged or servers downs, you cant repair it in really long hour, i can undertand this because the timezone but this must change.

    We are not your second dish and im sure the most of EU players dont like this status right now.

    Edit: I hope you NA players, dont come here to say "oh dont cry, go to play NA" because that is not a solution and we deserve play in our own server.

    I support you forever

  • edited March 2018

    A merge would be a bad idea in my opinion , a cross server market and queue would be fine

    Or like natorious said, sell it to a eu based company...since enmasse is an NA company..but no gameforge pls hahaha
    (And tbh, a lot of players dont like EME , cuz they usually do p2w , pretty greedy...this is what i heard from a, lot of players)

  • sevaslatoresevaslatore Member
    edited March 2018

    Eme knows about black market cross server idea since it was brought up countless(2-5 I think (~˘▾˘)~) times already. You can only create a poll just to show how much people want it. But you can do nothing with population. Merging is a very silly idea plus unneeded expenses. You can only bring up idea of character transfer from NA to Eu with promised reward of 80 days sod, elite and some other tradable on bm goodies, insta level up, I dunno. But that's should be obvious to everyone. I must be in period for wasting my time doing unfun things on forums >,< Someone spank me!

    @WeissmanAuditore EME is a bit greedy but that's it. I don't like some things but you definitely can do everything paying players can do albeit slower. I'd say EME tactics are somehow futile for both sides, tho.

  • I think that even private serwer has bigger population than EU and thats sad. High level maps are pretty much dead ( sometimes like 2 to 5 players on pg ch1 or 12 ) Maybe EME should sell EU to Gameforge they are on similar level of greediness but atleast GF is EU based and thiss might be better for EU players.

  • DXevanDXevan Member
    edited March 2018

    BM and Queue Merge: Yes
    Selling it: No (especially GF: HELL NO)
    I also fear that it would end like with other games where NA gets the updates a lot faster than EU.
    But when nothing changes then I fear that EU will have about 50 Players someday.

    I would just sell it when there won't be any chance of a Merge in any kind of way.

  • Playing in NA while I live in EU (feeling guilty for it ;-; ), but NA have more ppl to play with (blame NA ^ ). Cross-server queue like in FFXIV sounds good if implemented <3

  • I would like to leave here my opinion as an alpha player and playing all the days because dailies.

    First of all: I was one of the EU ppl that was thinking about going to NA server because I had that kind of experience with other games ( cofcof Elsword EU/DN EU ) . But I thought that... well... I waited like 4-5 years to play in an OFICIAL server of Closers in Europe, so, why not?

    I regret it.

    The population of Europe is.... 1 channel full and 2 in " Normal " state. Maybe with Tina we'll have more channels full but won't last long.

    As Steamax said, I played FF XIV before and after they implemented the " cross-server " queue. It had an amazing impact and saved all the servers, so you don't have to regret until late game your choice. This solution would save the EU server.

    Aaaaaaand the event from " Tina vs nothing " maybe would get more players but... what about veterans? The new events are not helping them. I'm one of the people that wanted Harpy instead of Tina.... but I pref Violet tho, so I'll wait till June to spend money :').

    En Masse, you should think about mixing queues with NA server. It's the cheapest and the best choice that you have. If you don't do it.... then EU server will die in like.... 1 year? Or so. Maybe new characters would get more players but you have to think far away, like Tiamat.

    I didn't miss any day from Tiamat boss ( I farmed Jester set, so idc about sides until I get Violet ) and it was a nightmare to search for only 2 members. Nearly all the members I had were new ppl that missed PG and went to Tiamat thinking that they had the gear to do it.... but no... 7-10 min per run and they spend the 4 lifes on it and I was carrying with a friend so they won't miss the drop.

    I think I got... 2-3 times to do it with good gear ppl... from 10 min per run to 3-4.

    Again I'll say.... mix the queues before something happen....

    Aaaaaaand sorry about my English, I'm Spanish so maybe I'll do a lot of grammar mistakes ;x

  • @Aurack I think the same. I mean, I'm lucky, because I have a group that I'm doing all the content with, but it can be hard for new players (haha, new players on EU Server) to find a good group to do Tia etc., especially when you look at the content that will follow.
    Another thing I wanted to mention is that there would be at least some people on the EU Server, if all the EU people wouldn't switch to NA. I can't complain about that, but it would make me angry af when the server would be sold, because then all the EU people on the NA Server would be like "ohhhhh nooo, I'm so sorry (not really)".
    To be honest, I don't need a new publisher, because I think that EnMasse shows at least some transparency and does its job very well compared to other publishers (yeah yeah, some Events are not very F2P friendly and blah blah blah).
    A fact is that something HAS to change, because otherwise there won't really be an EU Server in the future (no Server also means less than 100 players).
    It is just frustrating and I REALLY hope that something will change very soon.

    Just so you know, don't come with "mimimi then switch to NA", yeah? Thanks!

  • BekirBekir Member

    Eme management said they were interested in this issue.

  • We need cross server at least. That can solve this problem really good.

  • You mean like switching between NA and EU or like merging some points like the BM etc. ?

  • I really hope Eme will adress it soon-ish, because sure you can solo most of stuff on leveling content, but having people in party finder is way more fun then playing a '''single player'' game :/ Perosnally i waited for western release for so long.... and now waiting for Violet to main her. But seeing such empty server its demotivating just to log for team buff leveling/housing. At the moment i see Closers as best side scrolling anime RPG out there. Even tho marketing seems to be off in europe or maybe its just my opinion......But really hope they will do something in near future, Rusty hearts closure already was disappointing back in the days and now the uncertainty of Europes servers future without a clear plan of actions from EME is really really worrisome. Only possitive thing in this story is that its EME which actually gives a thing about games they publish :)

  • @JJDHDR7LKX said:
    I really hope Eme will adress it soon-ish, because sure you can solo most of stuff on leveling content, but having people in party finder is way more fun then playing a '''single player'' game :/ Perosnally i waited for western release for so long.... and now waiting for Violet to main her. But seeing such empty server its demotivating just to log for team buff leveling/housing. At the moment i see Closers as best side scrolling anime RPG out there. Even tho marketing seems to be off in europe or maybe its just my opinion......But really hope they will do something in near future, Rusty hearts closure already was disappointing back in the days and now the uncertainty of Europes servers future without a clear plan of actions from EME is really really worrisome. Only possitive thing in this story is that its EME which actually gives a thing about games they publish :)

    I couldn´t have said it better myself.
    I also just do my gardening/housing stuff + Event and after that I'm done.
    The reason is just the lack of motivation when I see how many people are playing on the EU Server and when I think about what could happen to the Server I always think like "Nah, don't wanna".

Sign In or Register to comment.