Fps capped at 60fps ?

Seems like i can't go higher than 60fps and i have v-sync disabled, are the fps capped at 60 ?

Comments

• Yes they are ... i know it sucks my pc can easily handle this game but it seems to slow down a lot and i get screen tears when it jumps from 60-61 everything seems to slow down.... i turned on V synce and it didn't help

• @DeathNep said:
    Yes they are ... i know it sucks my pc can easily handle this game but it seems to slow down a lot and i get screen tears when it jumps from 60-61 everything seems to slow down.... i turned on V synce and it didn't help

Are you playing in windowed mode or full screen?

• Generally fps caps work to reduce fps spikes and make it overall more clear for a player. As the human brain will only perceive fps spikes in large changes say from 30 jumping to 60 and from 60 jumping to 90 and so forth. Once you get to 60 frames. If your pc can run it steady at 60 frames (capped) it should seem to run smooth, at least, to the human eye. My pc could probably run closers at around 200~300 fps. But that's pointless and just stresses your GPU and makes it have a shorter life-span. As to the human eye, a game running at 200 fps smooth wont seem any different than a game running at 90 or 100 fps smooth.

• Bruh, this human eye and human brain stuff is just a meme, it's not a thing.

The REAL REASON Closers is frame capped, is because animations are tied to framerate, for example if you PVP with someone and their framerate is 200 and yours is 60, you will find it really odd they will catch you easier, combo longer and generally beat you in hit-trading.

Hence, Closer's animations are designed to be their intended speed at 60fps, it was originally 83 when Closers KR first launched but that caused issues for many people and the engine was poorly optimized back then, this 60fps version is much better.

I only know of two other games like this; Elsword & Dark Souls. There are probably many others.

• A word of advice, keep v-sync enabled to keep steady frame times. Having v-sync disabled will make the game appear stuttery as hell, even if you have steady 60 fps. (frame times =/= frame rate)

• @Shimoneta said:
    Bruh, this human eye and human brain stuff is just a meme, it's not a thing.

The REAL REASON Closers is frame capped, is because animations are tied to framerate, for example if you PVP with someone and their framerate is 200 and yours is 60, you will find it really odd they will catch you easier, combo longer and generally beat you in hit-trading.

Hence, Closer's animations are designed to be their intended speed at 60fps, it was originally 83 when Closers KR first launched but that caused issues for many people and the engine was poorly optimized back then, this 60fps version is much better.

I only know of two other games like this; Elsword & Dark Souls. There are probably many others.

Agree,
    but Elsword's FPS is not capped : )

• @iLokister said:
    Generally fps caps work to reduce fps spikes and make it overall more clear for a player. As the human brain will only perceive fps spikes in large changes say from 30 jumping to 60 and from 60 jumping to 90 and so forth. Once you get to 60 frames. If your pc can run it steady at 60 frames (capped) it should seem to run smooth, at least, to the human eye. My pc could probably run closers at around 200~300 fps. But that's pointless and just stresses your GPU and makes it have a shorter life-span. As to the human eye, a game running at 200 fps smooth wont seem any different than a game running at 90 or 100 fps smooth.

144hz monitors would like a word with you

• AeonSmithAeonSmith Member
    edited April 2018

@GLAL63X7LR said:

@iLokister said:
    Generally fps caps work to reduce fps spikes and make it overall more clear for a player. As the human brain will only perceive fps spikes in large changes say from 30 jumping to 60 and from 60 jumping to 90 and so forth. Once you get to 60 frames. If your pc can run it steady at 60 frames (capped) it should seem to run smooth, at least, to the human eye. My pc could probably run closers at around 200~300 fps. But that's pointless and just stresses your GPU and makes it have a shorter life-span. As to the human eye, a game running at 200 fps smooth wont seem any different than a game running at 90 or 100 fps smooth.

144hz monitors would like a word with you

This

Unless your monitor supports >60hz, you're stuck with a max of 60fps(unless you overclock your monitor that is)

if your graphics card is strong, it will naturally go over 60fps without you having the need to do anything.

and going from 60 fps to >100 fps makes soooooo much difference

• @CHWATLDHY6 said:

@Shimoneta said:
    Bruh, this human eye and human brain stuff is just a meme, it's not a thing.

Agree,
    but Elsword's FPS is not capped : )

In 2015, Elsword introduced a patch that reduced the PVP FPS cap to 75. This is so Windows 8/10 players can keep up with Windows 7 players.

• In my opinion 60 fps cap is the least of Closer's problems. Still everyone has their priorities :smile: