Eu server dead?

2»

Comments

• JinyoJinyo Member

If we get some events like Free costume/inventory slots and elite status and some others i would even say that our version of the game is the best.

• I just want Luna and a lively market >,>

+1 to deleting the thread ajaja

• And a lively market too >,< (EU side)

Actually... I play Violet as well.
    I always have multiple mains whuhaha

• The game initial image imprinted in community minds means a lot. Ppl came, saw things like fatique/thousands of donates/multiple grinding, left game and told their friends the game is not what they expected. Especially if they were familiar with Korean version.
    So even if everything will become better and better, it will take a lot to invite disappointed ppl back here.

And I haven't seen any successful game with fatique system in the West.

• What standard describes "success" here? Because if it's just raw number of players, this entire genre is stuck in an intensive care unit. These games (a lot of free games, for that matter) thrive off a small number of big spenders, there doesn't need to be 100.000 concurrent users to prosper.

While first impressions may look poor (by whatever standard), if there is any lingering interest for quitters, big news will still draw them back in. Take the crowd who's waiting for future character releases as an example. Some play, some just don't bother until their character's here. Tho if the criteria for quitting is "stamina system" and "microtransactions", you're just cutting off a large portion of free games for little to no reason.

• @OnlyRaven said:
    The game initial image imprinted in community minds means a lot. Ppl came, saw things like fatique/thousands of donates/multiple grinding, left game and told their friends the game is not what they expected. Especially if they were familiar with Korean version.
    So even if everything will become better and better, it will take a lot to invite disappointed ppl back here.

And I haven't seen any successful game with fatique system in the West.

Dungeon Fighter Online...And it's having it's 4th Anniversary.

But it's being hosted by Koreans which mean DFO is getting the Korean treatment w/ Korean style events/rewards, etc.

Their current event doubles the chance at getting damn good endgame gear. helps a ton w/ enhancement and gearing up.
    And the updates can come bundled up and out of sync w/ the update order, but that jus mean awesome things can come sooner.

DFO did have unlimited stamina and was shutdown by nexon NA before it's rise under it's dev team themselves, Neople.

And it's now called Dungeon Fighter Online Global.

So I guess you can say you never saw a successful game hosted this way w/ limited stamina, but then you have Elsword so...

What can you say?

Some games under questionable management have indeed been successful at staying afloat despite it's flaws.

Phantasy Star Online is one game. it's lasted until Sega sgut down the Japanese servers.

So dont count this game out yet.

• @sevaslatore You may not have, but the one that originally brought up the Japan server in the first place was heavily implying that EU's population would be better if we had JP's things.

That same person later directly compared JP's average to our own.

OnlyRaven said:
    No, I mean look at the japanese server and take all good things here to make EU great again)
    Because their average online is quite bigger than ours.

Which is why I replied saying their population is high. I suppose I should have quoted OnlyRaven directly instead of generalizing. But the basis of the current discussion of JP vs NA/EU was started because of population. I mean we're having this discussion in another "eu server dead" topic.