Why add more Planar Gate runs?

You still need to limit your PG5 runs anyway. You won't be able to do all of them in a week. Did Naddic make this change on KR so people can binge it or something?

Comments

  • it'll reduce the number of people complaining by 20...
    and also increase the number of people complaining by 30

  • @FoSizzle said:
    it'll reduce the number of people complaining by 20...
    and also increase the number of people complaining by 30

    Complaining isn't a problem if there really is an issue, you know? You don't get more runs per week done because even before, you'd still use all your fatigue on PG5 if you really wanted to finish all runs.

  • @Pokechu said:
    You don't need to limit anything. Whether you do 10 runs of each area in 5 days or 10 runs of each area in 2 days won't make any difference. The end result is the same. You don't gain anything from spreading out the stamina use in PG. The increased daily entries also make it so you don't have to wait so many days to finish all the quests in PG.

    I wasn't asking for the obvious benefits for new players (that will last them a day), I was asking for the benefits for people farming it. And yes, if you want to do sides too, you had to limit your runs or if you wanted to, you know, play other characters too during the week before the reset.

  • E4YFKGEH7HE4YFKGEH7H Member
    edited May 2018

    @Pokechu said:

    @E4YFKGEH7H said:

    @Pokechu said:
    You don't need to limit anything. Whether you do 10 runs of each area in 5 days or 10 runs of each area in 2 days won't make any difference. The end result is the same. You don't gain anything from spreading out the stamina use in PG. The increased daily entries also make it so you don't have to wait so many days to finish all the quests in PG.

    I wasn't asking for the obvious benefits for new players (that will last them a day), I was asking for the benefits for people farming it. And yes, if you want to do sides too, you had to limit your runs or if you wanted to, you know, play other characters too during the week before the reset.

    You can pretend the extra runs don't exist. I don't see your issue here. :V

    Because they could have as well not added the PG runs, all it did was just change the perspective.
    Only Singularity matters here, unless we're unable to get wings there now or something.

  • BunnyBunny Member, Player Moderators, Player Council

    This was bound to happen anyways. Almost everything KR has we will get eventually too. There's no issue to adding more like the others say.

  • @Pokechu said:
    So you're basically complaining about something that won't affect what you're going to do anyway.

    I'm just gonna welcome the chance to be able to spend like 2k stamina on PG with 4 characters within a single day. Comes in handy during weeks where I don't feel like playing/don't have time to play most days. ʅ(´◔౪◔)ʃ

    Yes, I am complaining that this change does not affect me or pretty much most people that play the game.
    Maybe you should stop playing games that you don't enjoy playing though.

  • @E4YFKGEH7H said:

    @Pokechu said:
    So you're basically complaining about something that won't affect what you're going to do anyway.

    I'm just gonna welcome the chance to be able to spend like 2k stamina on PG with 4 characters within a single day. Comes in handy during weeks where I don't feel like playing/don't have time to play most days. ʅ(´◔౪◔)ʃ

    Yes, I am complaining that this change does not affect me or pretty much most people that play the game.
    Maybe you should stop playing games that you don't enjoy playing though.

    If the change doesn't affect you, then why complain? There isn't anything bad about it if it doesn't affect you, it's just a convenience option added for people who do want to do the same amount of runs in a smaller amount of days.

  • @matirion said:

    @E4YFKGEH7H said:

    @Pokechu said:
    So you're basically complaining about something that won't affect what you're going to do anyway.

    I'm just gonna welcome the chance to be able to spend like 2k stamina on PG with 4 characters within a single day. Comes in handy during weeks where I don't feel like playing/don't have time to play most days. ʅ(´◔౪◔)ʃ

    Yes, I am complaining that this change does not affect me or pretty much most people that play the game.
    Maybe you should stop playing games that you don't enjoy playing though.

    If the change doesn't affect you, then why complain? There isn't anything bad about it if it doesn't affect you, it's just a convenience option added for people who do want to do the same amount of runs in a smaller amount of days.

    This is a "how dare you give me more options" kind of complaint. Some people just want to complaint about everything :p

  • OpenersOpeners Member

    Complaint level so OP tia got one shotted.

  • @matirion said:

    @E4YFKGEH7H said:

    @Pokechu said:
    So you're basically complaining about something that won't affect what you're going to do anyway.

    I'm just gonna welcome the chance to be able to spend like 2k stamina on PG with 4 characters within a single day. Comes in handy during weeks where I don't feel like playing/don't have time to play most days. ʅ(´◔౪◔)ʃ

    Yes, I am complaining that this change does not affect me or pretty much most people that play the game.
    Maybe you should stop playing games that you don't enjoy playing though.

    If the change doesn't affect you, then why complain? There isn't anything bad about it if it doesn't affect you, it's just a convenience option added for people who do want to do the same amount of runs in a smaller amount of days.

    Is this how you react to bugs and glitches too? Most of the times, they won't affect you personally either, yet I do report them when I meet them. The idea is that I don't get any benefits out of it and mostly no one else does either. You could finish PG runs in an hour if you were lazy.

  • I think it's a welcome change for new and old players.

    For new players = they can finish the PG quests faster and get dem skill books faster.

    For the vets who have decked out on all 8 currently available characters, you wanna farm mats for future characters. Having 70 entries a week is much better than 35 entries a week.

    I welcome it anyways. Doesn't make much of a difference like you said.

  • It's already been touched on earlier, but sometimes people simply don't have the time or aren't feeling up to playing every day so an increased entry limit gives those players the freedom of choice whether or not to play on a particular day. It's not about liking the game or not; if you have plans one day, you can just play on another day. If you wanted to make the most of Planar Gate before, you had to spread your time across several days. Now you can pick a few days to consume all of your stamina and take a break on the others.

    While it isn't as important anymore since you can get the full Super set as a quest reward, some people may not want to run every sector. The new limit allows players to skip sectors they don't like and put the stamina towards running ones that are preferable to them. Had we gotten the limit change without the item renovation, this change would've been great for farming specific Sure items since each sector had its own drop table.

  • @E4YFKGEH7H said:
    Is this how you react to bugs and glitches too? Most of the times, they won't affect you personally either, yet I do report them when I meet them. The idea is that I don't get any benefits out of it and mostly no one else does either. You could finish PG runs in an hour if you were lazy.

    Bugs and glitches are an entirely different situation, they are things that shouldn't be happening and that makes them a problem especially as those things can escalate over time. You do realize the absurdity of the comparison you tried to make, right? You compare an intended change with no downside to it to an unintended anomaly that is likely to cause problems in the long run if left untouched...

    There is no problem at all when something is added that you don't need to use, it's an extra option for people who do want to use it. You are not being forced to do all runs in one day, you just get the option to do more runs if you want to. You don't want to do that, and that is fine. There is no downside to it because it doesn't affect you, so why would you complain?

    You do not feel like it affects you, and that means you have no reason or right to complain about it BECAUSE it won't affect you. There is no problem with the change, it adds more options for people who DO want to use it and there WILL BE people using it so it's not a pointless change either. Complaining when there is a problem is one thing, but complaining for the sake of complaining like you are doing now IS a problem of it's own... If you have any reasons to object to or complain about the change, now would be a good time to state them. And no, "it doesn't affect me" and "it doesn't change anything for me" are not reasons to object to or complain about it. :wink:

    People farming it daily aren't the intended target of the change, people who can't farm it daily are, and there are a lot more of those than you seem to think. In the crew I'm in, most people are only active on a few days, mostly on weekends. They aren't inactive either, they just don't have time to play every day and in the crews that I know there are a lot of players with similar situations. Please stop trying to speak for everyone, because you are not the same as a large part of the players... Most people welcome this change, either because it gives them a choice or because it lets them use all their stamina. :smile:

  • Maybe for people who actually want to binge on it since they can only play on weekends

    regardless, it doesn't really matter.

  • @matirion said:

    @E4YFKGEH7H said:
    Is this how you react to bugs and glitches too? Most of the times, they won't affect you personally either, yet I do report them when I meet them. The idea is that I don't get any benefits out of it and mostly no one else does either. You could finish PG runs in an hour if you were lazy.

    Bugs and glitches are an entirely different situation, they are things that shouldn't be happening and that makes them a problem especially as those things can escalate over time.

    There's no standard to this. Did you know bunnyhopping essentially was also a glitch? Well, it was implemented into gameplay, and some still do implement it.
    And no, bugs and glitches do not "escalate" over time in most cases. Most of the times they shut down your code, otherwise they're pretty standard in how they affect your results.

    You do realize the absurdity of the comparison you tried to make, right? You compare an intended change with no downside to it to an unintended anomaly that is likely to cause problems in the long run if left untouched...

    My reply to you was very clear. "Most of the times, they won't affect you personally either", meaning that you already know I'm talking about bugs that do not affect you, and most of the times, they really don't bother you in any way. See for example cases in which you'll find dead but air suspended mobs that still take hits.
    Meaning that your complaints about my analogy are misguided.

    There is no problem at all when something is added that you don't need to use, it's an extra option for people who do want to use it. You are not being forced to do all runs in one day, you just get the option to do more runs if you want to. You don't want to do that, and that is fine. There is no downside to it because it doesn't affect you, so why would you complain?

    As I said, since it does not benefit me in any way and the positive outcomes are minimal at best for an extreme minority, it's an useless update that took their time from updates that might have affected me and also a major number of other people.

  • @E4YFKGEH7H said:

    @matirion said:

    @E4YFKGEH7H said:
    Is this how you react to bugs and glitches too? Most of the times, they won't affect you personally either, yet I do report them when I meet them. The idea is that I don't get any benefits out of it and mostly no one else does either. You could finish PG runs in an hour if you were lazy.

    Bugs and glitches are an entirely different situation, they are things that shouldn't be happening and that makes them a problem especially as those things can escalate over time.

    There's no standard to this. Did you know bunnyhopping essentially was also a glitch? Well, it was implemented into gameplay, and some still do implement it.
    And no, bugs and glitches do not "escalate" over time in most cases. Most of the times they shut down your code, otherwise they're pretty standard in how they affect your results.

    You do realize the absurdity of the comparison you tried to make, right? You compare an intended change with no downside to it to an unintended anomaly that is likely to cause problems in the long run if left untouched...

    My reply to you was very clear. "Most of the times, they won't affect you personally either", meaning that you already know I'm talking about bugs that do not affect you, and most of the times, they really don't bother you in any way. See for example cases in which you'll find dead but air suspended mobs that still take hits.
    Meaning that your complaints about my analogy are misguided.

    There is no problem at all when something is added that you don't need to use, it's an extra option for people who do want to use it. You are not being forced to do all runs in one day, you just get the option to do more runs if you want to. You don't want to do that, and that is fine. There is no downside to it because it doesn't affect you, so why would you complain?

    As I said, since it does not benefit me in any way and the positive outcomes are minimal at best for an extreme minority, it's an useless update that took their time from updates that might have affected me and also a major number of other people.

    As long as something is getting updated, a bug needs to be fixed or adjusted, or it will cause more and more issues as time goes on and new code is added. Even a minor thing can cause a lot of issues if new code is added onto the old bugged code. Bunnyhopping was indeed originally a bug, and the games built upon the engines which have bunnyhopping as a result of a bug without having made adjustments or fixing it outright tend to have quite a few issues as a result. It's a great example of what can go wrong if you keep adding more code to something that has a bug which isn't fixed, and it often breaks the games physics because the bug wasn't fixed. Other bugs in the new code increased the effect the original bug had, and that is not uncommon at all. The games that intentionally incorporated it into a gameplay feature made adjustments to prevent further problems from occurring (which is also a way of fixing it). Fixing bugs before writing new code is one of the more important things that a programmer needs to do for a reason.

    Since bugs can create additional problems when new code is added on top of the bugged code, even something without a direct effect on you will be a problem for you in the long run, and as such it does affect you personally, albeit not right away. This is why your comparison is flawed. Bugs aren't just a single occurrence of something, they are an inherent flaw in the code. Building upon that flawed code will make future code less stable, and new bugs will eventually cause a domino effect which will enlarge the effect of the original bug. In some cases the original bug even causes other bugs to happen in the new code... Bugs do escalate for a variety of reasons when new code is being added, and with this being an MMO with active updates it should be obvious that new code gets added.

    Again, stop speaking for everyone. The positive outcome is not just for an extreme minority, a significant portion of the players isn't playing every day. Let me make this clear: YOU ARE THE MINORITY. Most people don't play the game daily, for whatever reason, and this benefits them. The people who log in every day to farm are the minority, and they have been for quite a while. Many people are busy with other things, some play on the KR server, while others have real life to worry about. Most players are like that, they don't log in every day or they just don't farm daily, and that's just the way it is. If you think even for a moment that the majority is online and farming every day, then you haven't paid attention to the activity of most players.

    Not only that, you have no idea how little work this kind of thing is... It's literally just changing a number, they didn't spend more than 5 minutes on it.

  • Well thanks for proving my point. This'll affect me in the long run too. All these little delays, additions, etc, will affect the patches I want. 5 minutes is 5 minutes less that they fix bugs, man. @matirion

    And no, you are the minority.

  • @E4YFKGEH7H said:
    Well thanks for proving my point. This'll affect me in the long run too. All these little delays, additions, etc, will affect the patches I want. 5 minutes is 5 minutes less that they fix bugs, man. @matirion

    And no, you are the minority.

    I haven't proven your point, but you have proven that you don't know how things work in game development (and software development in general). At most you are complaining because you don't have any idea what you're talking about, and at worst you're doing it to troll people. For now, I will assume you just don't know how things work, and I can't blame you because you might not have any reason to know anything about software/game development processes.

    It won't affect you in any negative way, even the time spent to implement a change like this won't come at the cost of less time being spent on bugfixing or new content. If you had any idea how software development goes, you would know that much... If such a small amount of time would prevent anything from being implemented or fixed, it wouldn't be implemented in that update anyway because they wouldn't be able to test it in time. Even emergency fixes generally go through some testing before they are pushed to a live build, and in all normal situations there is going to be an amount of leeway which can be used for various small changes while the main changes are being tested. The leeway period won't ever be used for anything significant, because it's there as a buffer in case a major issue is found during testing. At most you might have an advantage from it if you ever find yourself unable to log in for a few days. These "little delays" as you call it have no impact on anything.

    Yes, I'm indeed the minority. One of the few who farms every day. I actually pay attention and look at the activity of players other than myself. If you actually bothered to pay any attention to other people you would have noticed that most people are rather inactive. Just pick 100 random players (actually random, not people who are very active in here or on Discord because that creates a bias), and you will find that over half of them aren't gonna be logging in more than 1-3 times per week and even more of them don't use up their stamina. Not to mention the replies in this topic are also quite an indication of you being in the minority. Everyone here except for you understands why the change happened and why it isn't a problem. Pay attention to when people are active, and not just you and your farming buddies but everyone, and then you will notice that most people aren't farming that much (or even playing for that matter). Taking my own crew as an example, about 10 log in daily, and the rest only 1-2 days a week. Only 3 people consistently use up all their stamina due to time constraints and/or them being more active on KR where their mains are already released. From everything that I've seen, that seems to be close to what the ratio of activity is across all players, a few high activity crews being an exception to the rule.

  • or stop feeding the troll/trolling yourslef, I need dis guy in game but now he have got a taste of forums again

  • E4YFKGEH7HE4YFKGEH7H Member
    edited May 2018

    @matirion said:

    @E4YFKGEH7H said:
    Well thanks for proving my point. This'll affect me in the long run too. All these little delays, additions, etc, will affect the patches I want. 5 minutes is 5 minutes less that they fix bugs, man. @matirion

    And no, you are the minority.

    I haven't proven your point, but you have proven that you don't know how things work in game development (and software development in general). At most you are complaining because you don't have any idea what you're talking about, and at worst you're doing it to troll people. For now, I will assume you just don't know how things work, and I can't blame you because you might not have any reason to know anything about software/game development processes.

    Yes, I'm indeed the minority. One of the few who farms every day.

    Oh? What is there to know about software development when talking about time? Are you telling me software developers have the ability to stop time? You're going on a tangent that doesn't matter. You're telling me that bugs/glitches will affect you in time, I'm also telling you that in time, your stupid, unnecessary patches will also affect me and my enjoyment of the game.
    Also, no, that would make you part of the majority.

  • @E4YFKGEH7H said:

    @matirion said:

    @E4YFKGEH7H said:
    Well thanks for proving my point. This'll affect me in the long run too. All these little delays, additions, etc, will affect the patches I want. 5 minutes is 5 minutes less that they fix bugs, man. @matirion

    And no, you are the minority.

    I haven't proven your point, but you have proven that you don't know how things work in game development (and software development in general). At most you are complaining because you don't have any idea what you're talking about, and at worst you're doing it to troll people. For now, I will assume you just don't know how things work, and I can't blame you because you might not have any reason to know anything about software/game development processes.

    Yes, I'm indeed the minority. One of the few who farms every day.

    Are you telling me software developers have the ability to stop time?

    We can actually, but for some reason when we do decide to resume time it's suddenly the deadline. Gets us every time.

  • TarasikTarasik Member
    edited May 2018

    @E4YFKGEH7H said:
    Oh? What is there to know about software development when talking about time? Are you telling me software developers have the ability to stop time?

    easy

    stoptime() {
    time = 0;
    }

  • @E4YFKGEH7H said:

    @matirion said:

    @E4YFKGEH7H said:
    Well thanks for proving my point. This'll affect me in the long run too. All these little delays, additions, etc, will affect the patches I want. 5 minutes is 5 minutes less that they fix bugs, man. @matirion

    And no, you are the minority.

    I haven't proven your point, but you have proven that you don't know how things work in game development (and software development in general). At most you are complaining because you don't have any idea what you're talking about, and at worst you're doing it to troll people. For now, I will assume you just don't know how things work, and I can't blame you because you might not have any reason to know anything about software/game development processes.

    Yes, I'm indeed the minority. One of the few who farms every day.

    Oh? What is there to know about software development when talking about time? Are you telling me software developers have the ability to stop time? You're going on a tangent that doesn't matter. You're telling me that bugs/glitches will affect you in time, I'm also telling you that in time, your stupid, unnecessary patches will also affect me and my enjoyment of the game.
    Also, no, that would make you part of the majority.

    You're imagining a problem here. They don't need to stop time to have time to work on smaller things, because they can't work on anything big when testing is being done before a patch. During testing, they can work on small things with 0 time loss because they can not work on anything big. If they did work on something big, they would not have enough time to test it or fix things if testing finds problems.

    After testing, if they found a problem then the problem needs to be fixed, and if they didn't find a problem, then they have time to spare in which they can test and implement small things because deadlines (patch date) will prevent them from doing ANYTHING big. Your entire assumption is based on them either not needing to test things or not having leeway time, which would be a very bad and stupid way to go about things when working on a schedule. You say it's a tangent that doesn't matter, but it's the thing that disproves the entire point of everything you're complaining about; they don't lose time on it. Outside of an imaginary problem that is likely caused by a lack of knowledge on the subject, you haven't given any reason as to why it's a problem to you.

    Also congratulations, you managed to prove one thing; your inability to pay attention to others in the game, on the forums and on Discord. You are indeed the majority, the majority of the group known as "yourself, you and you". Seriously though, pay attention to people other than yourself and you will notice how inactive they tend to be. Talk to others, keep track of when you see which people, etc... Don't just assume everyone is like you. I regularly talk to people I meet, and I add a lot to my friend list, Discord friend list and so on, and I can safely say that the majority of the people I meet aren't all that active. Considering that people who are more active are more likely to be encountered due to them spending a higher time online, it should be apparent what the activity levels are like. This isn't just in random queues either, but also talking in the chat in various channels/hubs, the people I encounter that are active on more than 1-3 days don't even make up for more than 20% of everyone I talk to or see ingame. Closer to the initial release, a far more significant portion of the players was active, but a lot went to KR almost full-time because they want to play their mains (especially Soma and Luna are popular) or they quit completely until a future patch (such as SA/Puri). :(

  • xHawkyxHawky Member

    The new entry for PG is fine as it is. Most people don't have the time to farm like some hardcore people can everyday. But like me I can burn all entries in a day and then check my stamina bar and sit with 900/1190. With Elite/Plat you get 9 runs per day and 10 runs when warrior day is active. so thats like just a burner thing for the weekends. Also the drop is slightly changed in there as well, as 65 gear won't drop as often (or even removed) for making 70 versions, I did all runs to see and not 1 65 orange droped for making 70 versions which we need for Extreme, but you can craft the 70 versions to make extreme gear obviously. The reason behind this new entry that I believe is to also farm up those Dimensional Cores, for making the discs we need to enter PG73/75 Raid and for those who needs to finish quests faster. And that also is a good thing with new entry. Mostly you use alts for PG5 anyways, while you have the main character you play for other stuff. New changes is always gonna be a complaining thing, but eventually you will grow accustomed to it or even like it later. One thing that may be dislikeable is stamina maybe, because you can pretty much burn all that stamina in a day or 2. But what we need then is the stamina potions, that I hope will eventually show up later on. That we can buy from any normal merchant. Any type of bottle works even the 30 stamina removal will be fine.

    This is just my thoughts on the matter, for me this is not even bothering me. Changes will always happen and I just deal with it. Games are always gonna change either sooner or later. Besides, we are going towards KR's current patch and content, so you should expect the changes more or less.

  • @xHawky said:
    But what we need then is the stamina potions, that I hope will eventually show up later on. That we can buy from any normal merchant. Any type of bottle works even the 30 stamina removal will be fine.

    we already have that in the Mattermixer, 3m a piece

Sign In or Register to comment.