A note from BearShoes about the current Seth Fanart Contest: https://forums.enmasse.com/closers/discussion/10398/an-update-to-the-seth-fanart-contest/

Is Tiamat too OP?

edited May 2018 in Closers Feedback

Myself and 2 teammates used 3 resurrection capsules each on this boss and didn't even get her health bar below '??' after 5 minutes of constant beatdown. Either we were all way undergeared (I have level 70 gear), or her scaling with the number of party members needs to be toned down a bit.

Most of her attacks are OHKOs, so defense is practically useless against her. I'd at least like the opportunity to use potions to recover if I screw up.

Her laser walls are nearly impossible to dodge without using moves that give invulnerability because they come at you from off screen and leave you little to no time to adjust to certain patterns. Nothing in this game should make you rely on invulnerability to survive.

She can kill you immediately as soon as you spawn before you even get a chance to touch the ground. 3 seconds of spawn invulnerability should be added to prevent wasting resurrection capsules because of unfair game jank.

Comments

• As the holy words of Dark Souls says; "Git gud".

Her attacks are telegraphed well enough byt either visual or audio cues that you can avoid it or tank it with a skill that has 80% damage reduction.

Laser walls have openings and you can dodge roll through them to gain Iframes. This is universally available to all characters.

You have iframes upon respawning, although it's kind of wonky at times. Your best bet is not resurrecting while she's in the middle of an attack.

Having level 70 gear usually isn't a good indicator. Your gear should be tuned and enhanced as well.

• reconawp1992reconawp1992 Member
    edited May 2018

first you gotta practice more,second your gear probably not enough,3rd her hp doesnt scale with amount of members its the same no matter how many players,4th walls can be dodge with space dodge just practice and it will be easy,5th make sure you have decent penetration,or your damage will be crap,6th i assume you are kind of new to it so couple more tries and youll find it way easier,7th its super easy now to get geared with crater basicly free op gear and tiamat will be super easy,like i do tiamat with average crew mates like you can have like 16k raw easily with crater gear and tiamat take like 2~3 min no more

• BrightonBrighton Member
    edited May 2018

I knew the "git gud" comments were coming. Getting good against Tiamat requires wasting materials on Obsidian Keys, and entries are limited to 5 a day (2 solo, 3 party). It would be great if there was either a practice mode with no entry requirement or rewards, or change the cap from entrances to clears (Grand Chase did this with hero dungeons).

My stats might be a bit low, I've got 12.4k power and 50-80% penetration. I guess it's back to Planar Gate for the next 3 months.

• BeleilaBeleila Member

Depending on the server ur playing u can search for Ppl that carry u threw then u have time to practice and its not a wasted entry

• HadasyHadasy Member

If your gear isn't up for Assault yet, Skirmish will still get you some practice, and slowly progress towards crafting Crater gear.
    The moves in Skirmish are mostly the same, except the damage is significantly reduced, so you can take your time learning patterns there.
    As for carrying, that could be an option regardless of server, you only really need 1 geared player to clear Tiamat, and geared players probably only care about filling up the group for the item found bonus.

• @GGATEPELJD said:
    I knew the "git gud" comments were coming. Getting good against Tiamat requires wasting materials on Obsidian Keys, and entries are limited to 5 a day (2 solo, 3 party). It would be great if there was either a practice mode with no entry requirement or rewards, or change the cap from entrances to clears (Grand Chase did this with hero dungeons).

My stats might be a bit low, I've got 12.4k power and 50-80% penetration. I guess it's back to Planar Gate for the next 3 months.

I mean, everyone more or less started in the same situation as you. I've lost 3 runs learning assault, but skirmish is perfectly tuned for soloing and she is more or less the same pattern.

• JinyoJinyo Member

Trust me. Even people that can do Tiamat are still not playing correctly. There's a lot to learn and it makes a major difference.

Gear is not everything.

• CodeOrderCodeOrder Member
    edited May 2018

Jinyo, yeah to comfortably destroy tiamat in a teamhaving around 15k raw is good it would take a full party around 6-7 mins. To solo tiamat your looking around 20k in around 5 - 6 mins. Plus if your team is 12 to 13k raw then it ranges from 12 to 16 mins depending on experience.

But yeah if your team isn't that good. Then try get 1 carry. I was same with you that I trained to dodge most things. Some player don't dodge all skills because when they die they get all FM to DMG the boss again killing it faster because they have high DMG.

• JinyoJinyo Member

Tiamat does not gain any HP in a Squad.
    So when you take around 12-16mins solo you should take a bit less than 4 times the time in a squad. This just simply means that all of your teammates are bad at Tiamat. It should be less than 3-4 minutes and not 6-7.

And one single guy to play the carry shouldn't be THAT hard to find. Even if he has 15k. If he knows what he's doing he's more important than the better geared one that doesn't know what to do.

Usually the people in the network chat have some kind of good dps.

• Lol don't think you play this game then. Must be playing some skirmishes.

• MelodionMelodion Member
    edited May 2018

Tiamat is one of the hardest bosses. Right now she is the most hardest boss and you should have atleast everything at lvl 70 and +10. I praticed in Tiamat Skirmish to understand her move- and skillset. She is not easy if any of you guys are undergeared. You could do nightmare terror dungeons to gear up and once you did that try her again. As sad as it is closers depends highly at the gear and enchament weapon. I hardly surived with a +11 70 weapon and even so my 75 (+12 )Weapon isnt powerfull enough. Its very important to have some people who know tiamat well and have the gear at assult. With a good geared group i need between two and six minuets. So dont feel bad if it takes extremely long to get her down.

• GenmGenm Member

practice the mechanics in Skirmish
    then daily practice mechanics with friends on run

• BunnyBunny Member, Player Moderators, Player Council

Do you want her nerfed?

• BeleilaBeleila Member

@Adorable said:
    Do you want her nerfed?

Dont kill all the fun the game is easy enough as it is

• MycoleMycole Member

Just gotta practice and check out some videos of other people doing it

@Beleila said:

@Adorable said:
    Do you want her nerfed?

Dont kill all the fun the game is easy enough as it is

Yeah, I wasn't gnna suggest nerfing her. x3

Kritika flashbacks :'(

• Salvo1Salvo1 Member

I wouldn't mind her getting nerfed just a little, to compensate for poor internet connections and the ragtag groups we're getting now that her gear is older and less relevant, but for the most part, she's doable by a well-geared group as long as they've practiced some, provided they're willing to blow a few resurrection capsules.

In most runs I use 3-4 capsules myself (my reflexes aren't that good, my computer's a bit slow, and frankly, my internet connection kind of sucks) but I just see that as the cost of doing business, and the positive side to that is that all my super moves and the empowered state get recharged after each death, so I just use that as an opportunity to nuke her down with serious burst with each death.

Ironically, I think that my sucking and dying 3-4 times actually makes the fights go that much quicker, as I add a lot more burst damage and dps with each death.

• SerinusSerinus Member

Tiamat is supposed to be hard, but she is not too hard that you can never fight her. What I did was getting my 75 gears, tuned and enhanced, all the while doing Tiamat Skirmish everyday until I got my crater booster, getting a 3 star costume set (not DC, just normal set), PNA all transcendent. Then and only then did I dare tackle Tiamat Assault, either by myself or in a party, with proper stats and knowledge of the raid. And I still die a few times per run, going alone.

You have to be properly prepared. Patience is the key.

• Well... We have gremory raid now and I think gremory raid is actually harder than tiamat because you gotta run and once it catches you you're dead so...

At least tiamat gives you one or two chances before killing