Dafuq are we suppose to do with all these Dim cores?

Less and less people are doing tiamat while dim cores drops are increasing? gj...

Comments

• BunnyBunny Member, Player Moderators, Player Council

Make PG gear for alts. Craft keys. Collect them and stare at them

• so apparently having too many only becomes an issue if you can't make a profit off of it?

• yes because each day the demand goes lower while players are getting more and more of it

• OpenersOpeners Member

Boy you must hate all those queen's eyes in your inventory huh?

• MonVertMonVert Member

@Openers said:

Three stacks and counting...

Good thing the recent patch made more space. :V

• OpenersOpeners Member

@MonVert said:

@Openers said:

Three stacks and counting...

Good thing the recent patch made more space. :V

Did it? I didn't even know thanks for the heads up good to find out.

• @Openers said:

u can say taht again...

• Tiamat is very easy and good money and I still see people doing it, so I'm not sure what you're talking about.

• @E4YFKGEH7H said:
    Tiamat is very easy and good money and I still see people doing it, so I'm not sure what you're talking about.

He's complaining about the dimensional cores.
    Dimensional cores are now cheap and easy to get (Tiamat, Singularity...)
    In example Singularity can drop 3 Epic PG gears which can give you 18 dimensional cores per run. dimensional cores used to be expensive in past but with the renovation update they are now easy to get and very cheap, you get so much of it, nobody buys it etc.

• @MrQuella said:

@E4YFKGEH7H said:
    Tiamat is very easy and good money and I still see people doing it, so I'm not sure what you're talking about.

In example Singularity can drop 3 Epic PG gears which can give you 18 dimensional cores per run. dimensional cores used to be expensive in past but with the renovation update they are now easy to get and very cheap, you get so much of it, nobody buys it etc.

Exactly and this fact really hurts players who don't spend money and here comes seasonal deals. typical EME strategy ruin your source of income then introduce in game items to sate the necessity

• @MrQuella said:

@E4YFKGEH7H said:

The thing is, you can use them for keys, since people actually DO Tiamat. The OP is saying no one is doing it anymore so the dim cores are useless because they won't sell or whatever. But then there's still PG75 too.
    Although I do agree with @xraishinx that the economy is fucked for f2p.

• About keys, you get 3 trinket blueprints when you do tiamat missions. crater amulet is useless now because the SA card came out and 1 trinket gives you 75 keys upon salvaging a trinket. that makes 225 keys so you dont need to craft keys.
    In PG75 though you do need the dimensional cores (12x5=60 each day and singularity has 10 runs, can drop up to 18 dim cores per run) dimensional cores are pretty useless now.

Economy for F2P players are not fucked up.
    I agree that with renovation update dimensional cores(one of the main material income of a f2p player) become dirt cheap but you can still sell chromatic essences, sticky residue, drop accesories&costumes from bosses etc. and sell it.
    Even if you cant do any of these 4 assault tiamat runs with Platinum usually gives around 12-9 Malek boxes. now do that with 3 accounts, 36-27 malek boxes. dont forget PG75 which can drop (3x4=9-12 again, multiply with 3 because you have 3 chars, 9-12x3 = 27-36) malek crystals. do the new gremory lab dungeons, they can drop malek crystals too (3-5x3 = 9-15) now if you have the worst luck in the world and never get x5s,x10s,x30s from malek boxes let's count it from 1.

27+27+3=57 Malek crystals at worst with platinum
    36+36+5=77 Malek crystals at best with platinum
    Malek crystals are 300K each so
    17.1M Gold at worst,23.1M Gold at best with platinum PER DAY.
    F2P economy is not fucked.

• @xraishinx said:

@MrQuella said:

@E4YFKGEH7H said:

Exactly and this fact really hurts players who don't spend money and here comes seasonal deals. typical EME strategy ruin your source of income then introduce in game items to sate the necessity

By calling it a "typical EME strategy", you kinda show that you don't have a clue as to what you are talking about. EME has nothing to do with it, it's nothing unique to our version. Other versions of Closers got the same changes at some point. While it reduced the price of Dimensional cores, it didn't actually make earning money harder. The truth is the opposite, really. :P

It became much easier to earn money because a large chunk of the expenses for farming Tiamat and PG75 has vanished. Before the change, farming Tiamat was a loss unless you had Elite/Platinum and a small profit if you did have it, and PG75 was always a loss. For a short time, it was even a loss to farm Tiamat for people who did have Elite/Platinum and those people get at least 900k from it. The cores it cost to craft a key were more than enough to cause that to happen, and it wasn't a good thing. I've always seen a lot of people justify it by saying "but we get money from farming it so it's a profit", but because you would have gotten more money by selling the cores that was a net loss and not profit.

So how do you earn money now? Make alts, farm Tiamat, PG75 and with remaining fatigue you can farm PG5 or RSS (RSS base monetary value is a bit lower but it has valuable drops). I've earned more from farming per week since the patch than before when I was farming for the dimensional cores as the main source of profit... Though I do have a full set of characters to farm on and it will be a bit less for each character that can't farm Tia/PG75, it shouldn't be too hard to get more money than before the change even when you don't have every character at max level.

• @matirion said:

@xraishinx said:

@MrQuella said:

@E4YFKGEH7H said:

By calling it a "typical EME strategy", you kinda show that you don't have a clue as to what you are talking about. EME has nothing to do with it, it's nothing unique to our version. Other versions of Closers got the same changes at some point. While it reduced the price of Dimensional cores, it didn't actually make earning money harder. The truth is the opposite, really. :P

It became much easier to earn money because a large chunk of the expenses for farming Tiamat and PG75 has vanished. Before the change, farming Tiamat was a loss unless you had Elite/Platinum and a small profit if you did have it, and PG75 was always a loss. For a short time, it was even a loss to farm Tiamat for people who did have Elite/Platinum and those people get at least 900k from it. The cores it cost to craft a key were more than enough to cause that to happen, and it wasn't a good thing. I've always seen a lot of people justify it by saying "but we get money from farming it so it's a profit", but because you would have gotten more money by selling the cores that was a net loss and not profit.

So how do you earn money now? Make alts, farm Tiamat, PG75 and with remaining fatigue you can farm PG5 or RSS (RSS base monetary value is a bit lower but it has valuable drops). I've earned more from farming per week since the patch than before when I was farming for the dimensional cores as the main source of profit... Though I do have a full set of characters to farm on and it will be a bit less for each character that can't farm Tia/PG75, it shouldn't be too hard to get more money than before the change even when you don't have every character at max level.

I agree.
    Refit sky ship's cores dropped so much though, I barely sold the parasitic agile core for 17M 2 days ago.
    Modules are at 70-97M which you can also get from dopplegangers and has a better chance in dopplegangers.
    Dolls are around 10-20M too at Refit sky ship.

• @MrQuella

About keys, you get 3 trinket blueprints when you do tiamat missions. crater amulet is useless now because the SA card came out and 1 trinket gives you 75 keys upon salvaging a trinket. that makes 225 keys so you dont need to craft keys.

Yeah, let me just level up an alt for keys, not like I have all of them past that level. But I guess you are getting a profit by even making the blueprints and the accessories and dismantling in terms of keys even now.

If you ignore the fact that you can't sell keys anymore because no one buys them and it's all a gamble to sell blueprints now, dim cores and genes selling for jack shit (not yet as bad as the other materials) and that you rely pretty much on RNG on all fronts while prices are either not falling or they're increasing, sure.

you can still sell chromatic essences, sticky residue

You mean, sell materials you'll need now and in future updates for dirt which is also not going to get you anything much for the time you put into farming?

drop accesories&costumes from bosses etc. and sell it.

"You can rely on RNG now, unlike before! Before you could actually make a steady profit not reliant on merching shit!"

malek boxes

I'm not sure how this is related to the market anymore and the decrease in methods to make money for F2P players. That's clearly something that we didn't lose, but it's pocket change considering the methods we did lose and are losing.

Platinum
    F2P economy is not fucked

Oh if I'd tell you what I truly believe I'd probably break the rules.
    Are you fucking serious? Platinum is not F2P. If you think the normal F2P player can get fucking Platinum even with the 15 day boxes, you're nuts. It'll take them far too long and they'll lose on a lot of content or at least make their lives way harder than needed.
    You're talking from the perspective of someone that has farmed for months now and was lucky enough to still have methods to get cash very fast while now we don't have that anymore.

• MonVertMonVert Member

@MrQuella said:
    About keys, you get 3 trinket blueprints when you do tiamat missions. crater amulet is useless now because the SA card came out and 1 trinket gives you 75 keys upon salvaging a trinket. that makes 225 keys so you dont need to craft keys.
    In PG75 though you do need the dimensional cores (12x5=60 each day and singularity has 10 runs, can drop up to 18 dim cores per run) dimensional cores are pretty useless now.

I agree that with renovation update dimensional cores(one of the main material income of a f2p player) become dirt cheap but you can still sell chromatic essences, sticky residue, drop accesories&costumes from bosses etc. and sell it.
    Even if you cant do any of these 4 assault tiamat runs with Platinum usually gives around 12-9 Malek boxes. now do that with 3 accounts, 36-27 malek boxes. dont forget PG75 which can drop (3x4=9-12 again, multiply with 3 because you have 3 chars, 9-12x3 = 27-36) malek crystals. do the new gremory lab dungeons, they can drop malek crystals too (3-5x3 = 9-15) now if you have the worst luck in the world and never get x5s,x10s,x30s from malek boxes let's count it from 1.

27+27+3=57 Malek crystals at worst with platinum
    36+36+5=77 Malek crystals at best with platinum
    Malek crystals are 300K each so
    17.1M Gold at worst,23.1M Gold at best with platinum PER DAY.
    F2P economy is not fucked.

A F2P has to get enough money to even get elite off the market.

With crystals removed from HoD, and the market for a lot of saleable materials going thrgguh the floor... There really isn't a good way to do that. :V

• xraishinxxraishinx Member
    edited May 2018

@matirion said:

@xraishinx said:

@MrQuella said:

@E4YFKGEH7H said:

Well i guess i'd have to correct myself about the typical EME strategy. However the timing of the renovation and the current summer events aren't mere coincidences for a foul ploy in most asian games released in the US. It happens all the time as i've been a veteran in black desert, Kritika, maple story and more of those know games and trust me it does happen and i'm sick of it. About your notion that money has gotten easier to find in the current renovation, u are nuts. I have farmed every single f*ckin day in tiamat and PG75 and have gotten almost 2k Dim cores right now. i've been trying to sell them day by day to get profit but about 90% of what i gain never gets sold. not just the dim cores but also the sychro genes became unsaleable because more and more people already got their crater pieces so they are no longer compelled to tiamat everyday. tiamat run then becomes a choice rather than a necessity. so there, we may have just potentially lost the 2 main sources of income in the game.
    tiamat has always been a gamble for every player with the blueprint drops which are almost if not akin to phase wings drop especially the core one. Keys back then were then reason most players play tiamat because they do drop readily and sells 500-600k per piece so even without getting blueprints tiamat runs were always profitable on top of it's malek crystal drops. with the renovation patch 90% of what people used to yearn for when doing tiamat is gone rendering blueprints almost useless. coupled with the renewed sources of dim cores, keys became more accessible as theyre value deteriorated tremendously. don't get me wrong, tiamat is still a stable source of income but really but became really minuscule right now and more importantly has lost the game-changing aspect it had before(blueprint value).
    the same with PG75, most if not all players are already gotten their main chars equipped with extreme gear pieces because of how EZ it is to get pre-req pieces. farming since the renovation, ive gotten 1.6k pure alien valves i don't have any use for sitting in my inventory. so again, this tremendously affects the value of dim cores overall in terms of its potential of getting sold.
    i have been playing for 5 months now and on my 2nd month of playing, i have always earned an average of 100m per week -usually more. But after the renovation patch i was lucky enough to get 60m last week and for this day of the week i havent even got pass to getting 30m.

• Are we still arguing about dimensional cores?

• If you're trying to get money using dim cores(before or after renovation), you're definitely doing it wrong

• xraishinxxraishinx Member
    edited May 2018

@AeonSmith said:
    If you're trying to get money using dim cores(before or after renovation), you're definitely doing it wrong

oh if u do pg5 in 7 char u'll surely get a surplus of dim cores apart from what u need to run daily raid...

• JinyoJinyo Member
    edited May 2018

Typical thread when it comes to the economy of the game.
    The whales are literally saying it'S easy even tho they got everything wrong.
    Tiamat - 0-1 (increases with elite/plat to 0-2/0-3)
    PG raids 0-1 - most of the time a malek crystal tho.

You can craft obsidian keys and dragon disks with those cores. You might make less money each day but you also need less. So it's neither a win nor a lose.

• JadeClosersJadeClosers Member
    edited May 2018

@E4YFKGEH7H said:
    @MrQuella

Yeah, let me just level up an alt for keys, not like I have all of them past that level. But I guess you are getting a profit by even making the blueprints and the accessories and dismantling in terms of keys even now.

If you ignore the fact that you can't sell keys anymore because no one buys them and it's all a gamble to sell blueprints now, dim cores and genes selling for jack shit (not yet as bad as the other materials) and that you rely pretty much on RNG on all fronts while prices are either not falling or they're increasing, sure.

you can still sell chromatic essences, sticky residue

You mean, sell materials you'll need now and in future updates for dirt which is also not going to get you anything much for the time you put into farming?

drop accesories&costumes from bosses etc. and sell it.

"You can rely on RNG now, unlike before! Before you could actually make a steady profit not reliant on merching shit!"

malek boxes

I'm not sure how this is related to the market anymore and the decrease in methods to make money for F2P players. That's clearly something that we didn't lose, but it's pocket change considering the methods we did lose and are losing.

Platinum
    F2P economy is not fucked

Oh if I'd tell you what I truly believe I'd probably break the rules.
    Are you fucking serious? Platinum is not F2P. If you think the normal F2P player can get fucking Platinum even with the 15 day boxes, you're nuts. It'll take them far too long and they'll lose on a lot of content or at least make their lives way harder than needed.
    You're talking from the perspective of someone that has farmed for months now and was lucky enough to still have methods to get cash very fast while now we don't have that anymore.

Game is about farming & grinding and relying on rng luck for f2p, if you dont like it then buy emp and spend it on gacha.
    You can get Platinum for totally free from the black market and that's how I got it. now that 15 day tradeable elite is back on emp store, 15 day elites will drop. you need 6 boxes of that to get platinum which should cost 180-300M.

took me around 3-4 weeks to get platinum, still using it now and probably multiplied the 250M cost by 10x or so.

even if you disagree with what I said, it's an update that got released in korea so it would eventually be released in here too.