The Development Roadmap has been updated! Check it out right here: https://closers.enmasse.com/community/development-road-map

Comments

• mistressjmistressj Member
    edited June 2018

It's a trap! But interesting.
    I wouldn't take that as law tho. As Harpy was said to release 1 week but was delayed. I wouldn't be surprised if violet got delayed

• Trailer /w Violet ^

• Sounds too good to be true. I'll believe it when I see it.

• IwynIwyn Member

why the hell would you guys wanna remove the one thing keeping us attached to the real world REEEE damn no lifers ;-;

• Interesting.

• What do you think @Pokechu? Is this a sign? :D

• FIonneFIonne Member

Great!

Finally i can grind events with all characters (plus grind dungeons for wings) without worrying about that annoying fatigue limit.

• mistressjmistressj Member
    edited June 2018

Welp if you have expensive items that are drops might as well sell em now. As they won't be valued for much once endless grinding can happen.
    Besides with how much fatigue reducers they just utterly throw at us why is this even an issue..?

• No more stamina? Never thought I'd see the day lol. It's a mixed bag for sure, but I'll reserve judgement until I've seen how well it goes for myself.

It personally doesn't affect me because I have so little free time nowadays, but I know it's been a heated debate since the alpha days.

• IwynIwyn Member

@mistressj said:
    Welp if you have expensive items that are drops might as well sell em now. As they won't be valued for much once endless grinding can happen.
    Besides with how much fatigue reducers they just utterly throw at us why is this even an issue..?

Theyll drop by like 50k. The rarity of an item still exists people will still extremely struggle, cry, and bleed. Stamina was like a way to make people take a break and focus on something else etc. now that there ont be any thats their lives 24/7 of pure agony till something drops.

Ironically whenever your desperately farming it feels like youve been doing so for more than your fatigue limits almost like the fatigue was like a goal so you can rest your brain from hell.

• Hi, Long time lurker first time poster,

I couldnt think of a worse idea then this... Take it from someone who lived thru the nexon dfo days, When they removed the fatigue system it took about a week and some change for the effects to become apparent. This games economy is gonna have one hell of a great depression if they decide to go thru with it.

Gold bots dont give a damn about the player base, they care about making a profit, and the fastest way they do this is by purposely crashing a games economy. DFO Suffered from this to the point they had to shut the game down.

Ive seen a lot of F2P games go this route.

Expect the servers to be congested to breaking points... Bot farming programs arent hard to do and they can crash servers like its nothing.

Because i doubt Enmasse has the man power to ban the amount of bot accounts were gonna end up seeing. and Most F2P's dont perma ban so its easy for gold farmers to just pick up and make up what they loss in an hour.

Also if you liked talking to people in chat, you can say goodbye to normal and global chat...

• PengyzPengyz Member

cya economy o/

• GenmGenm Member

removal of fatigue

ok but why thou

• If removal of fatigue'll be true... Bye bye economy.

• IwynIwyn Member

@Pokechu said:

@Iwyn
    You're alive!

ofcourse my love.
    Just been lurking.
    Rip the economy if they pull through with this though.. everything gonna be worst.

• GenmGenm Member

hope they reconsider the removal of fatigue like seriously :|

• @Iwyn wb

• Tetsuo9999Tetsuo9999 Member
    edited June 2018

@MCPG76T45L said:
    Hi, Long time lurker first time poster,

I couldnt think of a worse idea then this... Take it from someone who lived thru the nexon dfo days, When they removed the fatigue system it took about a week and some change for the effects to become apparent. This games economy is gonna have one hell of a great depression if they decide to go thru with it.

Gold bots dont give a damn about the player base, they care about making a profit, and the fastest way they do this is by purposely crashing a games economy. DFO Suffered from this to the point they had to shut the game down.

Ive seen a lot of F2P games go this route.

Expect the servers to be congested to breaking points... Bot farming programs arent hard to do and they can crash servers like its nothing.

Because i doubt Enmasse has the man power to ban the amount of bot accounts were gonna end up seeing. and Most F2P's dont perma ban so its easy for gold farmers to just pick up and make up what they loss in an hour.

Also if you liked talking to people in chat, you can say goodbye to normal and global chat...

This is my biggest concern too. Daily limits on endgame content are irrelevant when bots are just going to generate so much money. There's already been a lot of RMT shouts/echos the past few weeks, and now that's going to get even worse. The black market has already been slightly barren lately, but now if the bots fill it up with sought after items, all we'd be doing is helping them ruin the economy even more. With the massive weekly fatigue, housing system increasing account fatigue and the generous amount of fatigue items, I've often felt more burnt out than limited by this system. I really hope some thought is put into how this is implemented, especially if they're not going to have someone banning the bots or increasing security to discourage them.

Nexon DFO attempted to balance the blitz points by limiting drops past the first few bars, but all this did was annoy legitimate players. There was nothing stopping the bots from creating more accounts and getting around the limitations. This game is obviously maintained much better than Nexon DFO ever was, but I fear they don't have the foresight and/or manpower to prevent the bots from taking advantage of this.

• FIonneFIonne Member

@MCPG76T45L said:

If your MMO servers can be crashed because of bots, your servers were bad.

Seriously, i can't think of a single MMO i have played that has been crashed by bots farming.

• Violet yay

unlimited fatigue :Shrug: wont change much for me since i have a life a job and people to take care of lol

• The only time you really run out of fatigue is either by doing story or achievement/event token hunting. Maybe those ultra hardcore people who spam every single raid/VR training they can will run out of fatigue too; but there's plenty of craftable potions or events giving it away. I'd rather they throw fatigue potions (not counting those weak ass pep potions) at us through the story than removing it all together.

Vindictus once had swarms upon swarms of gold farmers, and they basically had to remove all rewards from the early content. The economy was never the same after that, as everything has super inflated prices yet there was no way anybody could actually farm that amount of pure gold, period. You just had to farm various crafting mats or pray for a lucky RNG drop and sell them to get your starting funds going. On the bright side, NA players rarely had to worry about repair fees since there was so much money floating around; but you're still basically dead broke until you get some rare drops.

Basically everything worth buying in the market is going to be at 100m+, and gold rewards will also be nerfed to try and combat the bots so no real players can farm money (but botters can continue to farm 24/7 cause they dgaf); leading to the only source of income being spending money on washing machines and selling those P2W items or cosmetics, getting those extremely rare drops like effect wings/epic equipment, or buying from gold sellers themselves.

• @FIonne said:

@MCPG76T45L said:

If your MMO servers can be crashed because of bots, your servers were bad.

Seriously, i can't think of a single MMO i have played that has been crashed by bots farming.

Oh how i wish your there for Nexon dfo... those servers died constantly due to over congesting

• @Draciusen said:

Vindictus once had swarms upon swarms of gold farmers, and they basically had to remove all rewards from the early content. The economy was never the same after that, as everything has super inflated prices yet there was no way anybody could actually farm that amount of pure gold, period. You just had to farm various crafting mats or pray for a lucky RNG drop and sell them to get your starting funds going. On the bright side, NA players rarely had to worry about repair fees since there was so much money floating around; but you're still basically dead broke until you get some rare drops.

Ahhh yes the old Vindictus days...

When we had hourly server lag and had to wait 10 minutes to launch a boat.
    Seriously though the stamina system does more good than harm I'd much rather have 10m costumes than 100m costumes flooding the market.
    Do us a favor enmasse and keep the stamina system.

• Hien22Hien22 Member

INFINITE VIOLET WORKS

• @Pokechu said:
    I just realized that fatigue removal also means I can play Violet exclusively forever!

You could have before hand basically...

• Hien22Hien22 Member

well unlimited, not infinite

• Lexy6Lexy6 Member

the reason they doing that probably to attract new players

• @Pokechu said:

@mistressj said:

@Pokechu said:
    I just realized that fatigue removal also means I can play Violet exclusively forever!

You could have before hand basically...

I'd easily blow through all her stamina in one day and then all I'd be able to do for the rest of the week is PvP and spec ops. spec ops are so shit now, pls no

I did that with harpy and just used the many many many stam pots they literally throw at you

• At least increase account's fatigue but don't remove it. )^: