Enmasse game closing policy?

2»

Comments

• @NekoparaVanilla said:

@PrincessChen said:
    As long as they don't pull a herowarz I'm fine with it.

KOG Games (Elsword NA) tried to host Herowarz, but they imediatly shut down the game 8 months later.

Just like they did Grand Chase... rip

• @LovelyLevia said:

@NekoparaVanilla said:

@PrincessChen said:

KOG Games (Elsword NA) tried to host Herowarz, but they imediatly shut down the game 8 months later.

Grand Chase survived way longer than Herowarz tho.

• YoburiYoburi Member

I got to say i worried too En masses close 2 games in such a small time when people see that they worried and i even more worried for Kritia since of all games you guys have this one is the one that look the most in danger of the old axe.

• Ummm...

• @NekoparaVanilla said:

@LovelyLevia said:

@NekoparaVanilla said:

@PrincessChen said:

Grand Chase survived way longer than Herowarz tho.

nope, not when kog na got to it they shut it down in eight months

• JadeClosersJadeClosers Member
    edited June 2018

The game will probably live for a long time to be honest

• I was meaning how herowarz just said it was going on a "little break" then it never came back. Lying to your customers, is why I never play any games made by them anymore.

• spoiler : closers will close soon enough because the game is in bad shape if they dont want to make ads and things to bring people you know what next , Eu still dying ,even with update its not that great

• Volt8geVolt8ge Member
    edited June 2018

The NA servers are doing good. So no it's not dying. I don't quite understand the low playerbase in EU though

• @Kasatsu said:
    spoiler : closers will close soon enough because the game is in bad shape if they dont want to make ads and things to bring people you know what next , Eu still dying ,even with update its not that great

The "no ads" thing depends on where you look. Most MMOs don't do TV ads at all, but ended has actually been doing a lot of giveaways on MMO sites and that counts as advertising.

And the server being "dead" is relative. If you're comparing it to some of the most successful games on the market, then yes, we're doing horrible by comparison. But the game itself isn't doing bad. I've seen MMOs that have been around since the mid 2000s with a fraction of their former playerbase, yet they're still going strong.

I've played several MMOs that went from new to closed in a short timeframe. Closers is doing better than all of those.

• @SandersLMAO said:

@Natorious said:
    closers is fine and will be fine for some time

do you have proof of this tho or is this just your observation? curious

Closers Isn't fine, and you can tell by them removing stamina against the communities wishes, that they're trying to grasp a wider audience. All of En Masse's games are dying. Kritika, Tera, which is why they went for a console port. And now Closers because they ran is stupidly.

• @Muon said:
    The amount of people spending in the game I think. I doubt it will slow down anytime soon. Cybernetics, the angel thing rare costume and other highly sought out sexy attires. This game I think is similar to GC and Elsword, I played both for a very long time and I know this team very well, they know how to make a long lasting game.

And "Kan't MentiOn the Game dev" knows very well how to shove'em up their *ssess :v

• DXevanDXevan Member

@Volt8ge said:
    The NA servers are doing good. So no it's not dying. I don't quite understand the low playerbase in EU though

Simply because many EU players quit or changed to NA.

• @DXevan said:

@Volt8ge said:

Simply because many EU players quit or changed to NA.

What the reason for them to changed to NA?

• Who the hell pinged me? Who's the ******** ********* ******* that pinged me?! :#:D

• @IDoNotMainJ said:

@SandersLMAO said:

@Natorious said:

Closers Isn't fine, and you can tell by them removing stamina against the communities wishes[...]

What? Community wished to remove the fatigue system..

• @AoiRyuu said:

@IDoNotMainJ said:

@SandersLMAO said:

@Natorious said:

Closers Isn't fine, and you can tell by them removing stamina against the communities wishes[...]

The people who play for less than a week and complain about the stamina are the ones they seem to be listening to.

• @AoiRyuu said:

@IDoNotMainJ said:

@SandersLMAO said:

@Natorious said:

I've been lurking since March and almost every post that came up in this forum about removing fatigue was shot down by people of this forum saying that the fatigue system is fine and doesn't need any changes.

I know the people of this forum don't represent the whole community but if anything, my impression was always that the removal of the fatigue system was frowned upon.

• @SandersLMAO said:

@AoiRyuu said:

@IDoNotMainJ said:

@SandersLMAO said:

@Natorious said:

I've been lurking since March and almost every post that came up in this forum about removing fatigue was shot down by people of this forum saying that the fatigue system is fine and doesn't need any changes.

I know the people of this forum don't represent the whole community but if anything, my impression was always that the removal of the fatigue system was frowned upon.

Agreed.

• Agreed +1.

And should the whole debacle comes to fruition... I'm afraid the Title of this Post may happen to closers as well.

• So tell me single reason why there should be fatigue system.

• Well, I disagree. The fatigue system doesn't provide any defense against gold farmers, etc.
    The market will be okay.
    And there will still be daily limit of entries.
    It will be much more pleasent experience for new players without the fatigue too.

• @AoiRyuu said:
    Well, I disagree. The fatigue system doesn't provide any defense against gold farmers, etc.
    The market will be okay.
    And there will still be daily limit of entries.
    It will be much more pleasent experience for new players without the fatigue too.

It actually does..
    The fatigue system.makes it so they have to micromanage like hell in order to do it successfully. And it isn't the limited entry we are worried about it is the flooding of gold we are worried about that will over inflate the market screwing with the economy

• DXevanDXevan Member

@Nathaniel697 said:

Just compare the server population, then it should be obvious.

• @DXevan said:

@Nathaniel697 said:

Where i can see the population?

• edited June 2018

EU is always half-dead.
    I don`t even see a point in releasing a EU server for a niche games.
    Just make those EUbies play on a global Western server hosted by NA.

• @Nathaniel697 said:

@DXevan said:

@Nathaniel697 said:

Where i can see the population?

nowhere you can only see the people playing with steam but you can compare easly we add (in Eu) on the start like 1 full chanel 2 chaos and the other normal , now its mostly like one chaos( after update) who turn out sometimes to normal and the other a free or just empty

• @HXKLGAYHamster said:
    EU is always half-dead.
    I don`t even see a point in releasing a EU server for a niche games.
    Just make those EUbies play on a global Western server hosted by NA.

if enmasse do that most Eu will stop because a lot stay for pvp and pvp from EU to Na server gonna be horrible