We will be entering into maintenance on 12/09 at 3pm PST, and have an expected downtime of 2 hours. For details, please visit the following link: http://bit.ly/closersmaintenance
Dimensional Gels will expire on 12/9 at 3pm PST, as soon as maintenance begins. Be sure to use your gels now!

Fatigue System Poll

2

Comments

  • Keep Fatigue System

    I remember when the first time the discussion on fatigue rolled around, and I was definitely inclined to remove it back then or at least make it less of a hassle. Of course now I'm vehemently against its removal and would rather they make efforts to improve the management of fatigue rather than scrap the system entirely - it's far easier to control the use of fatigue than managing an entire in-game economy, botting, and item drops.

    Back then the game was in CBT and the only endgame content was PG5, special ops, and VR training. Everybody was pretty much in the baby stages of character progression - AKA leveling up, and fatigue potions were extremely hard to come by i.e. nonexistent. Therefore, the only things to grind were basically 1-2 minute missions where you one-shot everything without really getting your play your character fully. There was a reason why so many liked the Rampage Cube event since the bosses weren't absolute pushovers that rolled over and died immediately. Making a new character without any events basically got you stuck with 140 fatigue and exactly 1.5 hours of crappy low-level gameplay before you were locked out.

    Now we have Tiamat skirmish/assault/sides, PG75 Skirmish/Assault, Gremory raid/sides, and Irina raid with David soon to come. Special Ops are also still there (and harder) as well. You've got tons of leveling events for characters giving out fatigue potions to siphon over to your main if you wish, and they've introduced actual ways to craft fatigue potions for the truly desperate. The storyline has progressed extremely far, and characters are getting their special agent promotions so you've got a lot reasons to try out other characters at their full potential.

    Do I like fatigue as it currently is? On my main character I'm fine with it, but once Wolfgang or some other new boytoy character comes out I'm going to absolutely loathe fatigue. It doesn't mean I'm gonna whine and complain and hope they remove it because I already know fatigue isn't a serious issue later on at all; and it does a lot of good for the game.

  • nyxonnyxon Member
    Keep Fatigue System

    @Draciusen said:
    I remember when the first time the discussion on fatigue rolled around, and I was definitely inclined to remove it back then or at least make it less of a hassle. Of course now I'm vehemently against its removal and would rather they make efforts to improve the management of fatigue rather than scrap the system entirely - it's far easier to control the use of fatigue than managing an entire in-game economy, botting, and item drops.

    Back then the game was in CBT and the only endgame content was PG5, special ops, and VR training. Everybody was pretty much in the baby stages of character progression - AKA leveling up, and fatigue potions were extremely hard to come by i.e. nonexistent. Therefore, the only things to grind were basically 1-2 minute missions where you one-shot everything without really getting your play your character fully. There was a reason why so many liked the Rampage Cube event since the bosses weren't absolute pushovers that rolled over and died immediately. Making a new character without any events basically got you stuck with 140 fatigue and exactly 1.5 hours of crappy low-level gameplay before you were locked out.

    Now we have Tiamat skirmish/assault/sides, PG75 Skirmish/Assault, Gremory raid/sides, and Irina raid with David soon to come. Special Ops are also still there (and harder) as well. You've got tons of leveling events for characters giving out fatigue potions to siphon over to your main if you wish, and they've introduced actual ways to craft fatigue potions for the truly desperate. The storyline has progressed extremely far, and characters are getting their special agent promotions so you've got a lot reasons to try out other characters at their full potential.

    ^
    this is what I'm trying to say...tho was too lazy to type lmao
    but yeah..this guy's right....the reason there were a lot of people wanting(or whining basically) the removal of fatigue is because PG5 was the only end game back then and they eat a lot of fatigue(considering you need to get A LOT of materials just to craft the gear that you need)..but now you can get them all through quest...I say that was a pretty good solution....and back then, it was pretty restrictive due to the limited amount of fatigue potion that you can get...and since the game was kinda fresh, there were a lot of player who wanted to play a lot...but now there's a lot of ways to get fatigue potions and there's a lot of end game dungeon now with very few entries that will barely cost you fatigue......

  • yOhfLyyOhfLy Member
    Remove Fatigue System

    ill vote for no ftg system.
    some players just want to play one character and there favorite.
    gearing other characters needs millions of credits also very time consuming.
    this ftg system only benefits players who has so many character like me and not for new players and single character account.

  • yOhfLyyOhfLy Member
    Remove Fatigue System

    if you are worried about the price in bm how about we players dont buy those op items so the seller have no choice but to drop the price of the item there are selling.

  • Keep Fatigue System

    @yOhfLy said:
    if you are worried about the price in bm how about we players dont buy those op items so the seller have no choice but to drop the price of the item there are selling.

    They let you back? Interesting. So you ignore using all the stam.pots they throw at you when any event is going on and play 10+hours a day? And thinka game that is generous with giving stam has a bad system with stam?

  • Volt8geVolt8ge Member
    edited June 2018
    Keep Fatigue System

    @yOhfLy said:
    if you are worried about the price in bm how about we players dont buy those op items so the seller have no choice but to drop the price of the item there are selling.

    Yes! Don't buy all the goddamn enhancement boosters,the revival capsules or anything. Yes we can live without those. Absolutely! Yes! YES! YES!

    DON'T BUY A GODDAMN THING IN THE MARKET GUYS!

    This guy's a genius!!

    Sarcasm

  • Keep Fatigue System

    One reason only i say no
    Bots will evade the server.

  • yOhfLyyOhfLy Member
    Remove Fatigue System

    you can get those in game you can loot it or craft it also theres free sometimes in daily deals and some on craft event you are just greedy in the black market.

  • yOhfLyyOhfLy Member
    Remove Fatigue System

    Volt8ge
    DON'T BUY A GODDAMN THING IN THE MARKET GUYS!

    did i say do that buy thing in market? i said dont buy op items on market so the seller will have no choice but to reduce the item cost.

  • Keep Fatigue System

    So you are banking on "sometimes free" as an arguement? Also same can be said with stam pots.. gg.

  • mistressjmistressj Member
    edited June 2018
    Keep Fatigue System

    @yOhfLy said:
    Volt8ge
    DON'T BUY A GODDAMN THING IN THE MARKET GUYS!

    did i say do that buy thing in market? i said dont buy op items on market so the seller will have no choice but to reduce the item cost.

    EVERY ITEM will be like that. Not just the "op" ones.

    But like I said in a different thread... I'm done on this issue... have fun to all of those who wanted to possibly ruin an otherwise fun game even for solo character players whose end game won't even use a fraction of the allowed fatigue limit.

  • Keep Fatigue System

    @yOhfLy said:
    Volt8ge
    DON'T BUY A GODDAMN THING IN THE MARKET GUYS!

    did i say do that buy thing in market? i said dont buy op items on market so the seller will have no choice but to reduce the item cost.

    What Op stuff? Athena's? Costumes? People rarely buy those! Most of the time people aim for the basic items.
    (Revival items, healing items, enhancement items)

    If the black market inflates than every single one of those will cost millions! What good will that get?

  • yOhfLyyOhfLy Member
    Remove Fatigue System

    are you sure? why not give eme chance to handle this thing instead you are here complaining if we have item selling limit i think it will work.

  • Keep Fatigue System

    @yOhfLy said:
    are you sure? why not give eme chance to handle this thing instead you are here complaining if we have item selling limit i think it will work.

    Yeah.. Hopefully..Well.. that's the only thing we can do

  • yOhfLyyOhfLy Member
    Remove Fatigue System

    yes hopely eme will handle this good end dont let our economy ruin.
    lets make every one happy not just old players with multiple chars like me.

  • Keep Fatigue System

    @yOhfLy said:
    yes hopely eme will handle this good end dont let our economy ruin.
    lets make every one happy not just old players with multiple chars like me.

    I hope you are right. For the games sake.

  • Keep Fatigue System

    Ah, this is that thing. Short-sightedness.

  • mistressjmistressj Member
    edited June 2018
    Keep Fatigue System

    @MicheleSP yeah I am worried this game will go down the tubes due to BOTS that EXIST cause their systems aren't in place or just flat out don't work. If it brings more people fine. Just don't continue to cater to the people who won't spend a dime.or won't play for longer than 2 months

  • Keep Fatigue System

    @MicheleSP said:

    @mistressj said:

    @yOhfLy said:
    yes hopely eme will handle this good end dont let our economy ruin.
    lets make every one happy not just old players with multiple chars like me.

    I hope you are right. For the games sake.

    Hey hey lady, don't be so down. I have received a reply from someone on Closers reddit. A long explaination and I now understand it fully.

    TLDR: Most of peoples who wanted fatigue removed had left game so EME was stuck with decision, or to keep current players or to gamble on future. The staffs chose the latter. I needed to understand that MMOs have small windows to make first impressions, sometimes as short as 5 minutes. She said that seeing the fatigue meter is already enough to deter most of the players (80%) from playing this game. EME had to remove fatigue in TERA despite the fact you refill it easily by being around the firecamp for 10 minutes. Vindictus suffered so badly that it became almost impossible to find party beyond first area within first week. Altantica Online lost almost all of the playerbase in a single announcement (what was that announcement, though? Link?). To players, fatigue is a nightmare and deterrent that keeps them away. She gave link to Closers's Steam Chart - since February, our playerbase has been halved and the summer did not make the playerbase spike up so EME is removing fatigue in hopes of bringing back players. She also told me to look at reception in these news - these players are actually willing to try the game without fatigue, which is great.

    It explains the history of fatigue. So basically, fatigue system deters most players and EME wishes to welcome more players by removing fatigue - which those who liked it is opposing.

    I think those opposing SHOULD give up, as it has been already decided. The fatigue system is already deterring and I'm actually quite happy that the fatigue system is being removed.

    Huhhh. Can't believe I'm saying this but I guess I'm okay with it.. If they can beat the bots, than that's fine. If they can save the market than that's okay. Draw in more players? Ok, I'm game.

    A friend of from KR server just notified me that Season 3 starts next month. And with that a new Wildhuter character and The 4th Promotion(called Task Force) comes in next month too. So this brightened my day quite a bit. So I'm quite open right now.

    Can't believe I'm saying this but... it's fine EME.. Just do it. As long as you guys don't mess up

  • mistressjmistressj Member
    edited June 2018
    Keep Fatigue System

    @Volt8ge it was never about the stamina plain and simple to.me but the implications of it going away that scares me.
    @MicheleSP I won't flip flop my mind on that rule alone. If they can manage it so the game.doesn't go to hell I'm fine with it.

    Always be skeptical until you see it for your own eyes. I have always stuck to this rule.
    Also far as Ik Vindictus never had a fatigue system. And I wonder which server they were talking about it was never hard to find matches in progress or people to play with all thru season 2 in NA.

  • Keep Fatigue System

    @mistressj said:
    @Volt8ge it was never about the stamina plain and simple to.me but the implications of it going away that scares me.
    @MicheleSP I won't flip flop my mind on that rule alone. If they can manage it so the game.doesn't go to hell I'm fine with it.

    @mistressj I hear you bro. I know about the implications. But seems to me that EME just won't budge.. I'm just tired is all. I'll get back to you in a bit.

  • Volt8geVolt8ge Member
    edited June 2018
    Keep Fatigue System

    @MicheleSP said:
    I'm sorry if it was so confusing or offending, but I'd like you to understand a thing - adding fatigue system doesn't keep away bots forever. Sure there are ways to keep away bots, but there is no permanent way to keep them away, and Fatigue system is the most effective way to keep them away but they can't be away forever. No matter if you include any system, there will still be bots, which is a problem in all MMO games.

    The only real way to get rid of bots is to keep the game under control and checking the accounts. Basically systems can't do it alone, the developers also need to keep players under check and keep an eye for them. For instance, you can look at DFO - despite the fatigue system being present, there are still items with very high prices than normal.

    What I'm trying to say is that to get rid of bots the developers needs to either keep an eye on players, or create a fairly difficult-to-crack bot protection to get rid of botters. A solution might work, but there doesn't exist such an solution that lasts forever, or at least I've heard. Depending on the situation, there might be forever no bot. I don't know, sorry, it's just that MMO are being more modern and developers are making new ways to protect against botters and hackers.

    I hope this cleared up your mind slightly...

    @Volt8ge said:

    @MicheleSP said:

    @mistressj said:

    @yOhfLy said:
    yes hopely eme will handle this good end dont let our economy ruin.
    lets make every one happy not just old players with multiple chars like me.

    I hope you are right. For the games sake.

    Hey hey lady, don't be so down. I have received a reply from someone on Closers reddit. A long explaination and I now understand it fully.

    TLDR: Most of peoples who wanted fatigue removed had left game so EME was stuck with decision, or to keep current players or to gamble on future. The staffs chose the latter. I needed to understand that MMOs have small windows to make first impressions, sometimes as short as 5 minutes. She said that seeing the fatigue meter is already enough to deter most of the players (80%) from playing this game. EME had to remove fatigue in TERA despite the fact you refill it easily by being around the firecamp for 10 minutes. Vindictus suffered so badly that it became almost impossible to find party beyond first area within first week. Altantica Online lost almost all of the playerbase in a single announcement (what was that announcement, though? Link?). To players, fatigue is a nightmare and deterrent that keeps them away. She gave link to Closers's Steam Chart - since February, our playerbase has been halved and the summer did not make the playerbase spike up so EME is removing fatigue in hopes of bringing back players. She also told me to look at reception in these news - these players are actually willing to try the game without fatigue, which is great.

    It explains the history of fatigue. So basically, fatigue system deters most players and EME wishes to welcome more players by removing fatigue - which those who liked it is opposing.

    I think those opposing SHOULD give up, as it has been already decided. The fatigue system is already deterring and I'm actually quite happy that the fatigue system is being removed.

    Huhhh. Can't believe I'm saying this but I guess I'm okay with it.. If they can beat the bots, than that's fine. If they can save the market than that's okay. Draw in more players? Ok, I'm game.

    A friend of from KR server just notified me that Season 3 starts next month. And with that a new Wildhuter character and The 4th Promotion(called Task Force) comes in next month too. So this brightened my day quite a bit. So I'm quite open right now.

    Can't believe I'm saying this but... it's fine EME.. Just do it. As long as you guys don't mess up

    Season 3?! What?! Just when we thought that 3rd is the last, here goes another job...I'm SO happy to hear about this! But I quite remember Special Agent requiring level 67 for the promotion, so which level do you think will Task Force promotion require? Maybe 85?

    This reminds me, my favorite game called Elsword has a new rumor surfacing up - apparentely this year or next year, this game will get Season 3.

    Not sure though. KR is capped at 83 right now. So I'm not sure what level cap the next promotion will need.

    FYI, there are permanent ways to counter bot population. For instance a subscription based game plus proper communications with devs and players. Take Square Enix for instance. Some of my friends from FFXIV said that bots were killed in waves throught cooperation between devs and players.

    But seeing as EME doesn't properly communicate, then this method gets thrown out the window.

  • Remove Fatigue System

    @MicheleSP said:

    @mistressj said:

    @yOhfLy said:
    yes hopely eme will handle this good end dont let our economy ruin.
    lets make every one happy not just old players with multiple chars like me.

    I hope you are right. For the games sake.

    Hey hey lady, don't be so down. I have received a reply from someone on Closers reddit. A long explaination and I now understand it fully.

    TLDR: Most of peoples who wanted fatigue removed had left game so EME was stuck with decision, or to keep current players or to gamble on future. The staffs chose the latter. I needed to understand that MMOs have small windows to make first impressions, sometimes as short as 5 minutes. She said that seeing the fatigue meter is already enough to deter most of the players (80%) from playing this game. EME had to remove fatigue in TERA despite the fact you refill it easily by being around the firecamp for 10 minutes. Vindictus suffered so badly that it became almost impossible to find party beyond first area within first week. Altantica Online lost almost all of the playerbase in a single announcement (what was that announcement, though? Link?). To players, fatigue is a nightmare and deterrent that keeps them away. She gave link to Closers's Steam Chart - since February, our playerbase has been halved and the summer did not make the playerbase spike up so EME is removing fatigue in hopes of bringing back players. She also told me to look at reception in these news - these players are actually willing to try the game without fatigue, which is great.

    It explains the history of fatigue. So basically, fatigue system deters most players and EME wishes to welcome more players by removing fatigue - which those who liked it is opposing.

    I think those opposing SHOULD give up, as it has been already decided. The fatigue system is already deterring and I'm actually quite happy that the fatigue system is being removed.

    Atlantica Online was originally hosted by Nexon. Since they transferred the game over to Valofe, all of their old forum stuff is no longer available, so that's probably why you can no longer find the data.> @Volt8ge said:

    @MicheleSP said:

    @mistressj said:

    @yOhfLy said:
    yes hopely eme will handle this good end dont let our economy ruin.
    lets make every one happy not just old players with multiple chars like me.

    I hope you are right. For the games sake.

    Hey hey lady, don't be so down. I have received a reply from someone on Closers reddit. A long explaination and I now understand it fully.

    TLDR: Most of peoples who wanted fatigue removed had left game so EME was stuck with decision, or to keep current players or to gamble on future. The staffs chose the latter. I needed to understand that MMOs have small windows to make first impressions, sometimes as short as 5 minutes. She said that seeing the fatigue meter is already enough to deter most of the players (80%) from playing this game. EME had to remove fatigue in TERA despite the fact you refill it easily by being around the firecamp for 10 minutes. Vindictus suffered so badly that it became almost impossible to find party beyond first area within first week. Altantica Online lost almost all of the playerbase in a single announcement (what was that announcement, though? Link?). To players, fatigue is a nightmare and deterrent that keeps them away. She gave link to Closers's Steam Chart - since February, our playerbase has been halved and the summer did not make the playerbase spike up so EME is removing fatigue in hopes of bringing back players. She also told me to look at reception in these news - these players are actually willing to try the game without fatigue, which is great.

    It explains the history of fatigue. So basically, fatigue system deters most players and EME wishes to welcome more players by removing fatigue - which those who liked it is opposing.

    I think those opposing SHOULD give up, as it has been already decided. The fatigue system is already deterring and I'm actually quite happy that the fatigue system is being removed.

    Huhhh. Can't believe I'm saying this but I guess I'm okay with it.. If they can beat the bots, than that's fine. If they can save the market than that's okay. Draw in more players? Ok, I'm game.

    A friend of from KR server just notified me that Season 3 starts next month. And with that a new Wildhuter character and The 4th Promotion(called Task Force) comes in next month too. So this brightened my day quite a bit. So I'm quite open right now.

    Can't believe I'm saying this but... it's fine EME.. Just do it. As long as you guys don't mess up

    Sadly, you won't beat the bots unless Enmasse is willing to give up the in game farm.

  • Keep Fatigue System

    @metafalica well... if the game doesn't get completely overrun by them in a way it is beating them I suppose.

  • Remove Fatigue System

    @mistressj said:
    @metafalica well... if the game doesn't get completely overrun by them in a way it is beating them I suppose.

    That's a very low standard in my opinion. The game is already F2P, so it shouldn't change unless the player base suddenly explodes several times over (very unlikely).

  • Keep Fatigue System

    @metafalica said:

    @mistressj said:
    @metafalica well... if the game doesn't get completely overrun by them in a way it is beating them I suppose.

    That's a very low standard in my opinion. The game is already F2P, so it shouldn't change unless the player base suddenly explodes several times over (very unlikely).

    What I mean is you can't get every bot. So not getting overrun completely by them is a small victory in itself. Read more carefully please.

  • Remove Fatigue System

    @Yexele said:

    @Ray676 said:
    Naddic and Eme wouldn't have made the decision to remove fatigue if they were unsure about it or if they though it would kill the game. And on top of that they are going to continuously monitor the closers game and economy to make sure nothing sketchy happens, as noted in the FAQ. I imagine they are fully prepared and have been preparing for this update to remove fatigue. As Bear Shoes said on reddit a couple weeks ago, they don't just randomly put out updates like this, they plan it ahead of time and work towards implementing it on a specific day.
    They FOR SURE wouldn't even announce the fatigue removal, let alone implement it, if they knew the game would take a killing blow from it. It's something that doesn't happen out of the blue for games like this.

    I have high hopes for this game being fatigue free. And eme making correct decisions as the update progresses.

    Wrong. They announced Harpy release on one date but were unable to deliver because of huge patch they were implementing. That means they couldn't plan month ahead. So your faith in their abilities is cute but I reserve my right to be skeptical.

    disagreeing doesnt make someone "wrong," having a loud minority who wants something that inhibits my gameplay is annoying. a bunch of armchair developers can say they know better until theyre blue in the face, doesn't make their opinion better.

  • Keep Fatigue System

    @FP9MLNK5MM said:

    @Yexele said:

    @Ray676 said:
    Naddic and Eme wouldn't have made the decision to remove fatigue if they were unsure about it or if they though it would kill the game. And on top of that they are going to continuously monitor the closers game and economy to make sure nothing sketchy happens, as noted in the FAQ. I imagine they are fully prepared and have been preparing for this update to remove fatigue. As Bear Shoes said on reddit a couple weeks ago, they don't just randomly put out updates like this, they plan it ahead of time and work towards implementing it on a specific day.
    They FOR SURE wouldn't even announce the fatigue removal, let alone implement it, if they knew the game would take a killing blow from it. It's something that doesn't happen out of the blue for games like this.

    I have high hopes for this game being fatigue free. And eme making correct decisions as the update progresses.

    Wrong. They announced Harpy release on one date but were unable to deliver because of huge patch they were implementing. That means they couldn't plan month ahead. So your faith in their abilities is cute but I reserve my right to be skeptical.

    disagreeing doesnt make someone "wrong," having a loud minority who wants something that inhibits my gameplay is annoying. a bunch of armchair developers can say they know better until theyre blue in the face, doesn't make their opinion better.

    I hope you know the minory is who want it gone. And you are JUST as much of an armchair developer as well so practice what you preach I guess.

  • metafalicametafalica Member
    edited June 2018
    Remove Fatigue System

    @mistressj said:

    @FP9MLNK5MM said:

    @Yexele said:

    @Ray676 said:
    Naddic and Eme wouldn't have made the decision to remove fatigue if they were unsure about it or if they though it would kill the game. And on top of that they are going to continuously monitor the closers game and economy to make sure nothing sketchy happens, as noted in the FAQ. I imagine they are fully prepared and have been preparing for this update to remove fatigue. As Bear Shoes said on reddit a couple weeks ago, they don't just randomly put out updates like this, they plan it ahead of time and work towards implementing it on a specific day.
    They FOR SURE wouldn't even announce the fatigue removal, let alone implement it, if they knew the game would take a killing blow from it. It's something that doesn't happen out of the blue for games like this.

    I have high hopes for this game being fatigue free. And eme making correct decisions as the update progresses.

    Wrong. They announced Harpy release on one date but were unable to deliver because of huge patch they were implementing. That means they couldn't plan month ahead. So your faith in their abilities is cute but I reserve my right to be skeptical.

    disagreeing doesnt make someone "wrong," having a loud minority who wants something that inhibits my gameplay is annoying. a bunch of armchair developers can say they know better until theyre blue in the face, doesn't make their opinion better.

    I hope you know the minory is who want it gone. And you are JUST as much of an armchair developer as well so practice what you preach I guess.

    The MMO community as a whole hates fatigue. It is a minority that prefer fatigue. Over the last 6 months, the minority here has turned into the majority as the people who hated it left the game already, so most people who are still around are the people who like it or don't care either way.

    So it is a majority, if you disregard everyone who is a potential player or has played the game in the past.

Sign In or Register to comment.