We will be entering into maintenance on 12/09 at 3pm PST, and have an expected downtime of 2 hours. For details, please visit the following link: http://bit.ly/closersmaintenance
Dimensional Gels will expire on 12/9 at 3pm PST, as soon as maintenance begins. Be sure to use your gels now!

Thanks To Your Feedback...

Comments

• @Pokechu said:
    @Cochese Did you guys also look into a way to compensate people who bought character slots? Most people solely bought them to increase their stamina.

Why should someone get compensate for that? You got what u paid for and thats the Character slot.

• BeleilaBeleila Member
    edited June 2018

@Pokechu said:

@Beleila said:

@Pokechu said:
    @Cochese Did you guys also look into a way to compensate people who bought character slots? Most people solely bought them to increase their stamina.

Why should someone get compensate for that? You got what u paid for and thats the Character slot.

Character slots also increase stamina, which is the biggest reason people even bought them in the first place.

While thats true there is no reason to so, thats the same when u buy a Custom from the emp shop and later on they would decide to change the setboni. Yes i know thats not the same scale of things but the base Idea is the same. You wont get any refund/compensation for.

On that note Housing is then pretty much useless without the Stamina Boost.

• Interesting. How they will monitor the black market then?

• @Pokechu said:

@Beleila said:

@Pokechu said:

@Beleila said:

@Pokechu said:

Character slots also increase stamina, which is the biggest reason people even bought them in the first place.

While thats true there is no reason to so, thats the same when u buy a Custom from the emp shop and later on they would decide to change the setboni. Yes i know thats not the same scale of things but the base Idea is the same. You wont get any refund/compensation for.

On that note Housing is then pretty much useless without the Stamina Boost.

Don't forget that the Nightmare Costume package got changed, and the people who had bought it got extra stuff later on because of that change.

Well maybe if the Ppl scream loud enough it may work, like it was with that Bundle.

• PrincessChenPrincessChen Member
    edited June 2018

I don't know how I feel about this. So much of this game rewards your hard work with stamina or even your dollars. Without stamina how will these things change? I'm worried about this... I worked hard for my housing to get where it is but without it... I just don't know... Unlike other games stamina plays a heavy impact on this game. I'm afraid it'll change the game too much but maybe I"m just being a cranky old lady about it and should instead just see how it goes. Fingers crossed hopefully it works out.

• @PrincessChen said:
    I don't know how I feel about this. So much of this game rewards your hard work with stamina or even your dollars. Without stamina how will these things change? I'm worried about this... I worked hard for my housing to get where it is but without it... I just don't know... Unlike other games stamina plays a heavy impact on this game. I'm afraid it'll change the game too much but maybe I"m just being a cranky old lady about it and should instead just see how it goes. Fingers crossed hopefully it works out.

Atleast on the Housing part i think ur overacting a bit yeah it will be pretty useless besides some drops from the expos, but i wouldnt consider a few clicks a day as working hard on it.U never needed to sepnd Money on the Stamina System either so im not exactly sure where the Dollar part in your Comment comes from.

• @Beleila said:
    Well maybe if the Ppl scream loud enough it may work, like it was with that Bundle.

But they outright ignored us about that package...It was way later when they probably figured sales were too low, that they changed it.

• @Beleila said:

@PrincessChen said:

Atleast on the Housing part i think ur overacting a bit yeah it will be pretty useless besides some drops from the expos, but i wouldnt consider a few clicks a day as working hard on it.U never needed to sepnd Money on the Stamina System either so im not exactly sure where the Dollar part in your Comment comes from.

Was I mistaken in thinking if you buy more character slots you get more stamina? I thought that was a thing, darn.

• @PrincessChen said:

@Beleila said:

@PrincessChen said:

Was I mistaken in thinking if you buy more character slots you get more stamina? I thought that was a thing, darn.

Nope, it was a thing. Buy characters slots for more Account stamina.

• @Cochese This is exactly what I was trying to get across to people in my post, even if it went largely ignored, I'm glad that you took the time to give us insight on this. Again from a programmers standpoint, its definitely the right move not to give away exactly how the gold farmers/botters are being detected and dealt with. It's a tough situation, since most of the people who were/are overly concerned about the fatigue removal are exactly the ones that would benefit from hearing this kind of info, but 'tipping your hand' as you say would invalidate a lot of that effort itself. Overall, it seems you guys are definitely on the right track and are not just jumping into this blindly as so many were worried about!

Again, if you guys need any additional input or help with securing things even further, I'm always happy to help. :wink:

• I guess as far as housing is concerned, maybe they could increase the item yield slightly? With stamina getting axed, housing's stamina bonus is gone too, so maybe in return, we could get a slightly bigger yield from housing instead? (Just throwing thoughts out there)

• GaivanGaivan Member

@Cochese said:
    Hello Everyone,

I appreciate everyone's thoughts here, and overall, see the same concerns being voiced. I understand that many of you feel this change will destroy the game - my hope, is not to change your mind here but to show you that Closers will continue to be the game you love and play today! (maybe even slightly better :) ) We are determined to provide you all with the best service possible. I wish I could show you the team who has been hard at work on this change, along with allllll of the other things being planned down the road. We have a lot to look forward to and we are just getting started.

So what have we been up to:

• We have done audits on Live Data to understand the Stamina Potion economy - this data was used to inform us on how we go about converting the existing potions out there now. We have taken a number of things into consideration and feel good about where we landed. (Also, no player has thousands or even close to a thousand of these on their accounts. I know some were worried that keys were abused) Rest assured, you will have a way to convert all of your existing stamina pots into new items!

• We are reworking all of our DLC to replace the stamina potions and will have new replacement items there when the update goes live.

• We are banning gold sellers and buyers at this time. Understand I cannot get into specific details about this, we cannot tip our hand on how we detect this. If anything, I am looking into ways players can report these to us better. Also, do not buy gold from sellers, you will have it removed and your account and be suspended. (We've had a few write in asking about this, after we removed their gold)

• All fatigue potions will be replaced in all places in game. There will no longer be stamina potions anywhere. We will have all the details included in our patch notes soon.

Best,
    Cochese

A lot of us just think that the change is far too sudden and drastic. The vast majority of us would like to see the removal of character fatigue only. That would provide a test to see how things play out with more lenient fatigue rules in play. If things went well from there, then we could understand removing the system as a whole. We are worried about the risk you guys are taking by opening the floodgates all at once. It's one thing to ease into a change, but when y'all are jumping into the deep end like this, we really hope you know how to swim.

• yOhfLyyOhfLy Member

if you don't take risks you can't create a future - luffy

• @yOhfLy said:

Oh no.. you quoted one of the most overrated animes..?(imo)

• @mistressj said:

@yOhfLy said:

Gasp. Gasp, I tell you! How dare you say that!

Nah, just kidding. I understand. People have their own taste :D

• @Volt8ge said:

@mistressj said:

@yOhfLy said:

I LOVE THE ONLY ANIME.THAT ISN'T OVERRATED!!! DRAGONBALL!

• @mistressj said:

@Volt8ge said:

@mistressj said:

@yOhfLy said:

Every anime is overrated. Depends on what we like, really :D

• @Volt8ge said:

@mistressj said:

@Volt8ge said:

@mistressj said:

@yOhfLy said:

Every anime is overrated. Depends on what we like, really :D

Anything with 5 different titles or over 500 episodes are very overrated for.me

• ArunoSesugawaArunoSesugawa Member
    edited June 2018

@mistressj said:

@FoSizzle said:

@Cochese said:
    Hello Everyone,

I appreciate everyone's thoughts here, and overall, see the same concerns being voiced. I understand that many of you feel this change will destroy the game - my hope, is not to change your mind here but to show you that Closers will continue to be the game you love and play today! (maybe even slightly better :) ) We are determined to provide you all with the best service possible. I wish I could show you the team who has been hard at work on this change, along with allllll of the other things being planned down the road. We have a lot to look forward to and we are just getting started.

• We have done audits on Live Data to understand the Stamina Potion economy - this data was used to inform us on how we go about converting the existing potions out there now. We have taken a number of things into consideration and feel good about where we landed. (Also, no player has thousands or even close to a thousand of these on their accounts. I know some were worried that keys were abused) Rest assured, you will have a way to convert all of your existing stamina pots into new items!

• We are reworking all of our DLC to replace the stamina potions and will have new replacement items there when the update goes live.

• We are banning gold sellers and buyers at this time. Understand I cannot get into specific details about this, we cannot tip our hand on how we detect this. If anything, I am looking into ways players can report these to us better. Also, do not buy gold from sellers, you will have it removed and your account and be suspended. (We've had a few write in asking about this, after we removed their gold)

• All fatigue potions will be replaced in all places in game. There will no longer be stamina potions anywhere. We will have all the details included in our patch notes soon.

Best,
    Cochese

nice and clean

lets see how it goes i guess

Yup.. -fingers crossed it doesn't kill the game-

I've got both fingers and toes crossed.

@Volt8ge said:

@mistressj said:

@yOhfLy said:

Maybe it's the art-style... but I never really liked OnePiece...

• @KNRM7KFCRN said:

@FP9MLNK5MM said:
    why the hell would anyone want a system that prevents you from playing the game? what on earth would make generic joes think they know more than people who work on the game on how to prevent the economy from crashing?

Closers is a game designed with fatigue in mind at its core.

Its one thing to develop a game from start without fatigue, its another thing entirely when fatigue is a core concept in the game.

To remove fatigue in such a manner would require drastic changes to the games foundations to maintain the game. Its game changing.

The majority of us here want to play Closers for what it is, not some bizarre, modified, and incomplete version of it.

please stop using the word "majority." you are not a majority, youre a vocal fraction of the community. fatigue has NOTHING to do with the core of the game's playstyle.

• ??? hell did I just read...
    Game literally balanced around fp, somehow it isn't a core mechanic?

I'm done, my head hurts too much for this.

• ArunoSesugawaArunoSesugawa Member
    edited June 2018

@Lihzakivi said:
    ??? hell did I just read...
    Game literally balanced around fp, somehow it isn't a core mechanic?

I'm done, my head hurts too much for this.

It's a troll, best not to use too much brains when reading their statements... also just to defend the guy the troll's attacking... It was clearly mentioned by the guy "THE MAJORITY OF US HERE" which more or less means majority of the forums... I've hardly seen more than 5 people fighting for the removal... I think that means here in the forums, those against the removal is the majority... There's no such thing as equality, there's either a majority or a minority.

• yall just wasting your energy on those people that have they head stuck up emes ass. Let em remove stamina i will welcome em with expensive AF costumes and consumables and we will talk later

• XronaXrona Member
    edited June 2018

We can already speak, RIP economy? XD
    And hello 2 star costumes for 200k. and the rest of the consumables at an extremely inflated price. (╥﹏╥)

• @ArunoSesugawa said:

@mistressj said:

@FoSizzle said:

@Cochese said:
    Hello Everyone,

Best,
    Cochese

nice and clean

@Volt8ge said:

@mistressj said:

@yOhfLy said:

A lot of people told me that too. Well maybe it's just me but I practically grew up watching it. So it's kinda hard not to get attached to it. :)

• @Volt8ge said:

@ArunoSesugawa said:

@mistressj said:

@FoSizzle said:

@Cochese said:
    Hello Everyone,

Best,
    Cochese

nice and clean

@Volt8ge said:

@mistressj said:

@yOhfLy said:

A lot of people told me that too. Well maybe it's just me but I practically grew up watching it. So it's kinda hard not to get attached to it. :)

Meh the premise on the surface is more or.less about greedy pirates(imo)... when you watch it is just... madness rofl...

• @MicheleSP said:
    Can you please stop being overreacter? Cochese gave us another reply, his words are not empty.

I wish I could take it with so much enthusiasm like you. And we aren't overreacting.

• @mistressj said:

@Volt8ge said:

@ArunoSesugawa said:

@mistressj said:

@FoSizzle said:

@Cochese said:
    Hello Everyone,

Best,
    Cochese

nice and clean

@Volt8ge said:

@mistressj said:

@yOhfLy said:

Meh the premise on the surface is more or.less about greedy pirates(imo)... when you watch it is just... madness rofl...

Well the same can said about any other animes.They all have simple premises. Dragonball for example is about being getting stronger and stronger until you surpass even gods. And it's been like that since the 1960's :D

• mistressjmistressj Member
    edited June 2018

@MicheleSP said:

@mistressj said:

@MicheleSP said:
    Can you please stop being overreacter? Cochese gave us another reply, his words are not empty.

I wish I could take it with so much enthusiasm like you. And we aren't overreacting.

WHY IS IT YOU'RE HATING ME???? IT'S LIKE EVERYONE IS HATING ON ME!!!!! I JUST DON'T WANT ANY MORE INSULT OR SARCASM ON ME FROM ANYONE!

How is this hating on you? Grow up you child.
    The fact you call us overreacting is an insult in its own way considering we have VALID CONCERNS

And I was just stating I wish I could trust devs at their word but I am very weary because of what they have(not saying eme) done in the past. They are alway hollow words til I see results honestly.

• @MicheleSP said:

@mistressj said:

@MicheleSP said:

WHY IS IT YOU'RE HATING ME???? IT'S LIKE EVERYONE IS HATING ON ME!!!!! I JUST DON'T WANT ANY MORE INSULT OR SARCASM ON ME FROM ANYONE!

Woah. He finally cracked... rip