We will be entering into a maintenance downtime on 10/21 at 2:30pm PDT. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/closersmaintenance

About Modding

Do we allow to mod in this server? such as: costume textures, portraits,..etc. If do, someone teach me how to mod the UI, portraits and skill cut-ins pls \ (•◡•) /

Comments

  • Modding is typically not allowed. Anything that tampers/changes/messes with the game not intended by the creator or it's distributor (EME in this case) is usually illegal and can/will cause a ban.

    Of course, some of it is blurred between the lines, like using JP voicelines on our NA/EU server to change their voices into JP instead of the current KR is considered bannable as it tampers with the game but the files themselves are legit and came from JP servers, so it's up to EME to consider whether this is allowed or not.

    based on the second paragraph, it's safe to say that it's up to EME.

  • Nope since if this would be allowed there would be no reason to buy costumes anymore

  • FoSizzleFoSizzle Member
    edited July 2018

    @Beleila said:
    Nope since if this would be allowed there would be no reason to buy costumes anymore

    that's kind of a double sided argument. modding is typically client-based/client-sided in nature. I can't speak on behalf of the entire community, but i'm fairly certain that a part of buying costumes is wanting to look good to the playerbase, not only just to one's self

  • @YCJE7LANLY said:
    Do we allow to mod in this server? such as: costume textures, portraits,..etc. If do, someone teach me how to mod the UI, portraits and skill cut-ins pls \ (•◡•) /

    Short answer, against terms of service, so no they don't allow it.

  • @FoSizzle said:

    @Beleila said:
    Nope since if this would be allowed there would be no reason to buy costumes anymore

    that's kind of a double sided argument. modding is typically client-based/client-sided in nature. I can't speak on behalf of the entire community, but i'm fairly certain that a part of buying costumes is wanting to look good to the playerbase, not only just to one's self

    that's true for most games yeah, Client-based. and most games ToS does not allow modding... he did answer that modding Closers was not allowed even if the reason he gave was a bit weak.

  • HadasyHadasy Member

    It's against the ToS, so the official stance is mods are not allowed. Allowing mods of any kind would open all sorts of floodgates you don't want. Like making i-frames more obvious in PVP is "just a texture mod".
    The only allowed modification is the addition of the Korean voiceovers, from the download page.
    If a mod is completely harmless, you'd generally not get a ban over it, as long as you don't go bragging about it. But that does mean you cannot elaborate on the subject here.

  • HINATA17HINATA17 Member
    edited June 9

    yo busco mod por que ami no me gusta como estan echos los pj femeninos la quijada es muy larga y se ven raros asi lo mismo pasa con la sintura no se si notaron cuando usan bikini en sus pj que no tiene forma la sintura y la quijada esta muy estirada ovio que el mod solo lo podes ver vos nomas no lo podes lusir a tu levia si queda bonita creo que me entienden ustedes creo

  • HINATA17HINATA17 Member
    edited June 9

    ʕ•́ᴥ•̀ʔっel problema es que cuando te haces el pj no le podes retocar su cuerpo y cara solo le pones el nombre y ya y listo ese es el problema del juego y capas el 50 % de las personas me da la rason es por eso que uno busca mod ʕ•́ᴥ•̀ʔっ

  • HimeHime Member, Player Moderators, Player Council

    Closing thread, please don't necro. Thanks!

    Short answer, no, modding is not allowed.

This discussion has been closed.