Is David... Easy?

So like, I finished the 2nd part of union quests. I felt the same hype with Irina- I finished the quests and then jumped into the raid. It was TOUGH. Dodging the patterns, being on 100% 24/7, getting one shot from failing, and concentrating and getting in the zone. Also took a long time to get all the pieces, we got the doll for free via quest, then needed 70 more bug lumps for the other 2, which is a whole lot of runs. At the beginning, id use almost all res (like 6/6). Now, it's easier as I got the hang of it, maybe 0 or 1 res per run, 1 res if I mess up.

Now for David, that story finale... Sob so good. The story dungeons we're kinda tough. So I go to David... And first try Dodge most of his patterns and die only once. I didn't get one shot by any pattern, which was hella weird. They we're kinda weak and easy to predict, unlike Irina which had fast patterns. We already get the booster for free via quest, so just like 3 or 4 days till you get the chase/air/back attack thingy, and you don't really need the core if you already invested in extreme or crater or whatever. I guess the only challenge for David was that he breaks super armor frequently- and I want to be alone occasionally. His only gimmick is from his final form, when he plays ping pong with you, and that does break super armor/I want to be alone, so I guess that's okay.. but Irina had the knock off platform for insta death 24/7. Tbh, David for me was waaaay easier than Irina, so he is kinda a disappointment. Just gotta go through a few days for that chase thing, then never doing it again, it's not really as fun nor challenging. For most patterns you just gotta run and you are saved. I mean, I notice that David is more tanky than Irina, David taking 15mins with my current gear, and Irina taking ~6mins with some slightly weaker gear. But, it would be a lot more fun if that was reversed, the boring boss taking less time, and the challenging fun boss taking more, that would be more fun. But yeah l, basically to beat David = use dmg reducing skills, run, combat Dodge, force cancel every now and then, spam smg skills to whittle down his multiple forms, and be cautious for the super armor breaks, and ping pong for his final form. But even then, in his final form he only gains 1 new pattern(besides the ping pong fields), which u just gotta run a bit to dodge. With all his predictable skills, he isn't that good of a raid boss in my opinion. And I mean, if naddic boosted his damage by a little bit, hed be more challenging, as his attacks would bring me down to like 25%, if they one shot me, then maybe I'd bother to try to learn how to dodge his attacks, but having a mid damage, predictable raid boss like this for end game gear... Meh. Kinda comparable to PG75s on Assualt, and weaker than Tiamat and Irina. He just takes way longer to beat.
Anyways, that's just my little first impressions rant, wanted some more challenge instead of this thing :neutral:
Oh, if you have questions about my gear, 19k raw, 380% phy crit, ~160% chase crit, 50% crit dmg, 100% phy penetration, I'ma Tina main ofc, combat power 550k. I'd say I'm mid tier, I haven't whaled on this game, but I haven't slacked either. If those gears seem strong to you, all I say is that all I have is a +12 core from event, and +11 boosters completely f2p :tongue: I say my gear is average, so my experience should be okay through David.
But tbh, maybe it's because I got too good at this game :smiley:

Comments

• ElDesuElDesu Member

@Ray676 said:
    David is a push over

I wanted an actual challenge for the end of season 2 >:C why did they make this so EZ

• A friend of mine had a...slightly different option, and I have to agree with him.
    Irina isn't harder than David. She's cheaper.
    It's not the kick that sends you flying. It's not the arrow rain. Those patterns are simple while still remains somewhat challenging. But it's the sheer frequency of her attack that forces you to take damage no matter what. David requires a mastery of mechanics, while Irina requires potion.

• ElDesuElDesu Member

@randomname101 said:
    A friend of mine had a...slightly different option, and I have to agree with him.
    Irina isn't harder than David. She's cheaper.
    It's not the kick that sends you flying. It's not the arrow rain. Those patterns are simple while still remains somewhat challenging. But it's the sheer frequency of her attack that forces you to take damage no matter what. David requires a mastery of mechanics, while Irina requires potion.

Well, the frequency of her basic attacks aren't the things that kill you(in tiamat and Irina I just got used to spamming the common shop pots most of the time, for just basic attacks and to heal the crater booster effect), it's the knock back and arrow rain that get you, their speed, makes it so you have to react accordingly instead of having predictable patterns. David for me just feels... Boring as I find myself running in circles sometimes(on my first blind run) trying to see what's gonna happen, vs Irina, I watched YouTube and stuff, but still needed to adapt and react to everything even though I've seen the patterns before. I just kinda feel like David is too slow, and can't really punish you for doing anything besides sleeping in the middle of a run because how boring he is :wink:

• ElDesuElDesu Member

Plus I feel the same about tiamat, she just had more, wasn't as fast as Irina, but was still more challenging than David.

• @ElDesu said:
    (in tiamat and Irina I just got used to spamming the common shop pots most of the time, for just basic attacks and to heal the crater booster effect)

That is the exact reason he called Irina cheap. Crater effect notwithstanding, the fact that you are almost guaranteed to take damage from her normal attacks is cheap.

@ElDesu said:
    I find myself running in circles sometimes

Maybe that's why you find him boring? Just run to safe zone, wait for attack to pass, then run back. That's not a bad way to play I guess but you can do the exact same thing to Irina tbh. Just stay at the middle of the stage but out of her horizontal zone (about middle bottom) and most of her normal attacks can't hit you, you're in perfect position to avoid most patterns (just walk between half circles, you're near the edge so you can just walk to it in arrow rain).
    Also, here's a link of what I considered one of the best David runs. Won't force you to play like that, and guy uses Seha anyway, but I think this might make you appreciate his raid more.

• ElDesuElDesu Member

@randomname101 said:

@ElDesu said:
    (in tiamat and Irina I just got used to spamming the common shop pots most of the time, for just basic attacks and to heal the crater booster effect)

That is the exact reason he called Irina cheap. Crater effect notwithstanding, the fact that you are almost guaranteed to take damage from her normal attacks is cheap.

@ElDesu said:
    I find myself running in circles sometimes

Maybe that's why you find him boring? Just run to safe zone, wait for attack to pass, then run back. That's not a bad way to play I guess but you can do the exact same thing to Irina tbh. Just stay at the middle of the stage but out of her horizontal zone (about middle bottom) and most of her normal attacks can't hit you, you're in perfect position to avoid most patterns (just walk between half circles, you're near the edge so you can just walk to it in arrow rain).
    Also, here's a link of what I considered one of the best David runs. Won't force you to play like that, and guy uses Seha anyway, but I think this might make you appreciate his raid more.

Hm... I guess I've just kinda gotten used to raids like Tiamat's and Irina's in most games I've played, and having to adapt to how... "cheap" as you said Irina is, but looking at that run... Now that looks fun, haha. Maybe it's because I usually just go head first and start using my damage reducing skills I didn't realize how just learning the patterns could be like. I'll probably give David another chance now looking at that video :open_mouth:
    I'll probably do Tiamat, David, and Irina back to back and compare them.
    Thanks for opening my eyes, lol.

• MuonMuon Member

He is like Aizen where he will build up all the hype to himself then leave you disappointed later. In serious, his attacks are very slow whereas Irina will only give you fraction of sec to react. David seems like Tiamat 2.0 for me, just stand there taking all the hits while watching anime.

• Lexy6Lexy6 Member

yeah David is easy in my opinion witch is good because you need his gear set when raids with real challenge came out ( yod,tindalos etc)

• Irina is basically chip damage 24/7 + quick OHKO danger. Her deaths feel more like 'oops' rather than 'wow I screwed up'. There's barely any difference between playing safe/playing aggressive because you either got caught and died or didn't.

Tiamat is chock full of high-damage mechanics, and while they're all very easy to deal with, but the difficulty ramps up considerably if you're trying to manage mechanics while simultaneously attacking.

David is more like first-phase Gremory. Few mechanics, just constant attacks with high damage threat but no quick reactions needed. He's pretty much as difficult as you make him - just like Tiamat, but much easier since it's just avoiding/mitigating normal attacks rather than dealing with minigame-style mechanics.

• E4YFKGEH7HE4YFKGEH7H Member
    edited July 2018

Irina isn't hard either, she's cheap because she's very fast. She does not come anywhere near Vitus though, which is outright retarded.
    David is slow as all hell instead, which made me miss some of the dodges because I would never believe that it would take a boss so long to try to AoE one shot me.

• cathernyancathernyan Member
    edited July 2018

tbh irinia is just annoying af
    always running away and pushing you off

• AeidsAeids Member

IMO Im having a harder time in Irina than David

• ElDesuElDesu Member

I guess all bosses have different styles... Irina and Vitus are more aggressive, so you have to play more aggressive(which requires dmg red skills and pots). Where as Tiamat(to and extent) and David are more slower and you have to be more precise... Though, I will say that I like Tiamat more than David, as sure, he has multiple stages... But they don't feel all that different, if they added more patterns changing with the stages he would feel a lot more dynamic. Also, I would like if the ping pong walls started once he changes from his base form, it only being on the last stage is kinda meh. David isnt as much of a let down anymore to me due to seeing that Seha video lol.

• Yeah, party David with trolls/people who don't know how he works is a real pain.

• PengyzPengyz Member

Supreme Judge David? More like Supreme Stall-er David with all those cutscenes zzz

• The one with the red mark _running _everywhere... that's a real pain.