Why is Violet so hard to reach 20k Raw Dmg

So yeah, why is Violet right now the only closer who is hard to reach 20k Raw Dmg, she's a hybrid like Yuri, but Yuri can hit 20k really easily compared to Violet and I find that strange, I hit 20k easily on Tina as well with only +12's, while on my Violet I was unable to and I have psi/phy total powers stats on my gear.

Comments

• Yuri's passive gives 30% of physical power and physical crit damage as psi power and psi crit damage and vice versa. So building physical power will also add psi power and building psi power will also add physical power.

Hybrid gear adds both physical and psi. Tina builds physical damage so it goes all to physical.

• @HWR6WXDP4C said:
    Yuri's passive gives 30% of physical power and physical crit damage as psi power and psi crit damage and vice versa. So building physical power will also add psi power and building psi power will also add physical power.

Hybrid gear adds both physical and psi. Tina builds physical damage so it goes all to physical.

So pretty much Violet is hard to reach 20k is because she has nothing that really supports her dmg to increase other than what you can roll on gear? Cause I know all other classes that focus on singular stats phy or psi can easily reach 20k. My Violet is more stacked both gear wise and PNA wise but at most when I get my +13 wep ill be only 17k. I've looked at another violet and she barely reached 20k RAW dmg with having all condensers at +13 (which I'll never get cause I gave up if you saw my previous post).

• @HWR6WXDP4C said:
    Yuri's passive gives 30% of physical power and physical crit damage as psi power and psi crit damage and vice versa. So building physical power will also add psi power and building psi power will also add physical power.

OP is just ranting all over right now, dont mind them

• HadasyHadasy Member

She can still punch things for a stupid amount of damage even with the lower raw numbers, so isn't it fine?

• Lexy6Lexy6 Member

trus me i've seen lots of violet with TCP above 1 mil but with raw only 19k both physical/psi that's the way devs made her i guess

• Yeah I got 20k physical and 19k psi. But I only got 480k TCP. The chips can also play a big role. They usually have air strike plat or chase plat. I'm just not wealthy enough to invest in them. Plus my luck of getting a plat chip slot is...

• @AngryPurplePurps said:
    So yeah, why is Violet right now the only closer who is hard to reach 20k Raw Dmg, she's a hybrid like Yuri, but Yuri can hit 20k really easily compared to Violet and I find that strange, I hit 20k easily on Tina as well with only +12's, while on my Violet I was unable to and I have psi/phy total powers stats on my gear.

Because as mentioned above, Yuri has a passive that pads her raw stat. Hybrids generally have lower raw compared to a pure character (except Yuri as mentioned). What Violet does have is ABC on every relevant hard-hitting skills and free critical damage from FM2. Raw isn't everything.

• I have 4 +13 Inc David core. 2 phynpsi chips. Lol 63 PNA special Raw and lots of 2.25 percent PNA. Plus some costumes. I got 20800 physical and 19700 psi.

I broke my bank trying to get violet to 20k raw and not even there properly yet...

• NaiosNaios Member

its not just about raw. u should compare how fast u can solo raid.
    i can finish david with yuri 24k raw in 4m 30s. n with violet 16k raw, i finished it around the same time.

well coz violet has add damage% during exceed as well as proc abc, which increases her total damage even with lower raw.so its pretty much balanced between chars. raw is just a trap, like tein. dont be fooled :^)

• what means this "raw" if it's nor physical, neither psi damage?

• HadasyHadasy Member

@Nathaniel697 said:
    what means this "raw" if it's nor physical, neither psi damage?

"Raw" would be your Power stat. Don't really need to specify physical or psi for characters that only use one of them, so it becomes a catch-all phrase for them. Hybrids can use both, so raw would be your average, or you list both.

• even if violet has a harder time getting higher raw, she still deals a ton of damage. An 18k raw violet is about as strong as a 20k yuri.

• @Greyrat said:
    even if violet has a harder time getting higher raw, she still deals a ton of damage. An 18k raw violet is about as strong as a 20k yuri.

I would say 18k Violet would match a 24k or so Yuri.

• LordSauronLordSauron Member
    edited July 2018

Violet doesn't need that much raw as Yuri or single type chars in order to deal high dmg. Mine has 14k raw and can solo tiamat in 5-6min, kinda same as my 20k raw Yuri.
    Also highest raw Violets have on KR right now is 35-37k on hub, unlike Yuris' ~42-43k and single type chars 45-46k (except J with 48-49k cause of his HP scaling passive)