The Development Roadmap has been updated! Check it out right here: https://closers.enmasse.com/community/development-road-map
We are aware of server issues, and are currently investigating the issue. We will let players know as soon as the problem has been solved, or if we have any additional news. Thank you for your patience!

How and where to farm EB2s?

So I just spent 200+ eb2s on my David core, but I still don’t have it at +13 :( how do I farm more eb2s?

Comments

• On the Black Market or a Doppel but don't remember which day.

• The current beach event occasionally drops them too, farm it with all your chars and their mommas!

• Thanks guys! And am I doing it wrong?

At +10: eb2 + gb4
    At +11: eb2 + -1gb

I just can’t get it to +13 after so many tries. :( is this the best way to do it?

• @3RKF9AT3WL said:
    Thanks guys! And am I doing it wrong?

At +10: eb2 + gb4
    At +11: eb2 + -1gb

I just can’t get it to +13 after so many tries. :( is this the best way to do it?

That's all there is to it, the struggle is real so good luck.

• eb2 + -1gb at +10 is more eficient at least your gear wont get contaminated and you still can get +13 on great success

• hall of dragons with multiple chars
    at +10 = eb2+gb4 some times i get +13 on this method
    then at +11 = eb2 + -1

• Be me and enhance with the intention of booming for achievements. Then get a +14 on some crap weapon.

• I saw someone with a +15 David Core so uh yea...

@Lexy6 said:
    eb2 + -1gb at +10 is more eficient at least your gear wont get contaminated and you still can get +13 on great success

EB2+GB4 at +10 is far more efficient than EB2+GB-1. The former, if you're lucky, can shoot you straight to +13. The latter not only reduces your gear everytime to +9 but also can only reach +12. And about the contamination, it's not that hard to get a hand on Dioxin cleaners.

Also If you keep getting streak of failures, then stop and call it quits for the day, or atleast wait for an hour before continuing. RNG isn't truly random at the end of the day. RNG uses a time-based seed so crafting within a set of time (successive or very quickly) will likely produce the same result (i.e. failure).

• @Mynoodles said:
    I saw someone with a +15 David Core so uh yea...

@Lexy6 said:
    eb2 + -1gb at +10 is more eficient at least your gear wont get contaminated and you still can get +13 on great success

EB2+GB4 at +10 is far more efficient than EB2+GB-1. The former, if you're lucky, can shoot you straight to +13. The latter not only reduces your gear everytime to +9 but also can only reach +12. And about the contamination, it's not that hard to get a hand on Dioxin cleaners.

Also If you keep getting streak of failures, then stop and call it quits for the day, or atleast wait for an hour before continuing. RNG isn't truly random at the end of the day. RNG uses a time-based seed so crafting within a set of time (successive or very quickly) will likely produce the same result (i.e. failure).

I feel like that RNG time based thing is correct. Because I either get +13 within 5 or less tries. Or I never get past +11.

• HailsHails Member
    edited August 2018

@Mynoodles said:

@Lexy6 said:

That's not how it works bro. You can get both +12 or +13 doing -1+EB2 at +10. If you get +12 you're just unlucky. lol

The only real reason to do EB2+Fuel IV at +10 is if you don't mind reseting your weapon to +10 from 0 constantly because you have loads enhancing mats. The rates are logically better than -1+EB2 but after doing lots of enhancing with both strategies they feel more or less the same to me.

EB2+Fuel IV also opens up the opportunity for you to go to +11 (which you cant get doing -1+EB2 at +10) which means you could skip from 11-14 when you do -1+EB2 at that point (which is apparently possible by word of mouth though I haven't seen a video or anything of it yet. Same for not seeing any videos of +12 to +15 but apparently everyone for some reason is convinced this isn't a thing though some people think +11-14 is a thing... which I don't really understand the logic for these differences...)

Dioxin's aren't the real evil of using Fuel IV. It's the constant resets tbh.

• @Hails said:
    That's not how it works bro. You can get both +12 or +13 doing -1+EB2 at +10. If you get +12 you're just unlucky. lol

You're right. Found a video of someone doing it. It would only go to +9 if it fails.

The only real reason to do EB2+Fuel IV at +10 is if you don't mind reseting your weapon to +10 from 0 constantly because you have loads enhancing mats.

There's a booster that immediately enhances to +10. Enhancing from +9 to +10 also cost around 200k each.

I want to save up -1GBs for when I get to +11/+12. Gears can get destroyed starting at +11 and -1GB prevents that from happening. Using GB4+EB2 on +11 and above is suicidal.

• @Hails said:

@Mynoodles said:

@Lexy6 said:

The only real reason to do EB2+Fuel IV at +10 is if you don't mind reseting your weapon to +10 from 0 constantly because you have loads enhancing mats. The rates are logically better than -1+EB2 but after doing lots of enhancing with both strategies they feel more or less the same to me.

EB2+Fuel IV also opens up the opportunity for you to go to +11 (which you cant get doing -1+EB2 at +10) which means you could skip from 11-14 when you do -1+EB2 at that point (which is apparently possible by word of mouth though I haven't seen a video or anything of it yet. Same for not seeing any videos of +12 to +15 but apparently everyone for some reason is convinced this isn't a thing though some people think +11-14 is a thing... which I don't really understand the logic for these differences...)

Dioxin's aren't the real evil of using Fuel IV. It's the constant resets tbh.

From +12 onwards the EB2 effect can only increase it by a max of +2. So you can't go from +12 to +15, impossible.

• @Mynoodles said:

@Hails said:

You're right. Found a video of someone doing it. It would only go to +9 if it fails.

The only real reason to do EB2+Fuel IV at +10 is if you don't mind reseting your weapon to +10 from 0 constantly because you have loads enhancing mats.

There's a booster that immediately enhances to +10. Enhancing from +9 to +10 also cost around 200k each.

I want to save up -1GBs for when I get to +11/+12. Gears can get destroyed starting at +11 and -1GB prevents that from happening. Using GB4+EB2 on +11 and above is suicidal.

Yea but people aren't made of an infinite amount of +10 boosters. lol

Though if you're super serious about all the money saving possible you never enhance without the cost removers when not using EB2s. Still the cost of the mats add up if you get unlucky considering how much red fuels can sell for.

Meanwhile the cost of -1s seem not that bad when compared to all of this.

Basically the going for -1 is the "play it safe" money-wise and material-wise option, meanwhile Fuel IV is the "if I get lucky and don't get resets then I save loads of money" option. Then I get a reset 5 times in a row reeee

• @Hails said:

The same could be said in pretty much every enhancing mats.

Though if you're super serious about all the money saving possible you never enhance without the cost removers when not using EB2s. Still the cost of the mats add up if you get unlucky considering how much red fuels can sell for.

Basically the going for -1 is the "play it safe" money-wise and material-wise option, meanwhile Fuel IV is the "if I get lucky and don't get resets then I save loads of money" option. Then I get a reset 5 times in a row reeee

The reason why I said it's far more efficient and suggested it is because you'll have lots of free +10 boosters just by playing the story. Currently I have 50+ (thanks to my alts). Surely I won't reset 50 times right?

If you run out of +10 boosters, then just switch out to -1GB. No problem with that.

In any case, I already got 2 +13 (core/module) using EB2+GB4 at +10. Only had 4 resets combined for the two so yeah I'm just gonna keep doing this method.

• HailsHails Member
    edited August 2018

@Mynoodles said:

@Hails said:

Yea but you can't just buy +10 boosters compared to the rest of the mats. They cost 750k and 10 Fuels to make once you run out. And those clearly aren't worth making so you either have to use 0~10 Boosters, or Fuels with cost removers. 0~10 Boosters just throws more RNG into the mix on how much money you'll have to spend. They're usually like 100-120k.

Anytime where you get a reset and don't instantly go back to +10 with one of those things you basically waste an extra Fuel IV too (considering -1+EB2 only uses 1 if it fails which you'd already use otherwise.) And if you use multiple 0~10s hoping you skip to 10 to maybe skip using an extra Fuel IV then you end up spending more than -1 tech if you need to use more than ~3 of them sometimes. Which really sucks.

The +10s you get from the story aren't really going to last btw. lol

• @Mynoodles said:

RNG isn't truly random at the end of the day. RNG uses a time-based seed so crafting within a set of time (successive or very quickly) will likely produce the same result (i.e. failure).

this I cannot highlight enough. so true and often overlooked

• @Mynoodles said:

@Hails said:

The reason why I said it's far more efficient and suggested it is because you'll have lots of free +10 boosters just by playing the story. Currently I have 50+ (thanks to my alts). Surely I won't reset 50 times right?

If you run out of +10 boosters, then just switch out to -1GB. No problem with that.

In any case, I already got 2 +13 (core/module) using EB2+GB4 at +10. Only had 4 resets combined for the two so yeah I'm just gonna keep doing this method.

I agree with Hails. The real evil of using EB2 + GB4 at +10 are the constant resets. I used all 20 of my +10 boosters and a whole lot of GB4s because of resets trying that combination. For me, the biggest problem was actually running out of GB4s. Those are a pain to get more of quickly (at least they were 2 months ago, haven't played in a while so that may have changed lol).

• @Mynoodles said:

@Hails said:

you woulda thought

My enhance attempts are pretty low though, I'm sure there's plenty of folks with much worse luck. I thought I'd never burn through all the +10s I got from renovation update, but here we are.

Best bet for getting enhancement mats is an army of lightly geared alts and abusing the crap out of events (previous summer dungeon was infinitely better for this).

• @FoSizzle said:

@Mynoodles said:

RNG isn't truly random at the end of the day. RNG uses a time-based seed so crafting within a set of time (successive or very quickly) will likely produce the same result (i.e. failure).

No one out here is doing frame perfect enhancing tho.

• @Hails said:
    Yea but you can't just buy +10 boosters compared to the rest of the mats. They cost 750k and 10 Fuels

I didn't say anything about buying +10 boosters though. What I said was use the free +10 boosters then switch to -1GB. Use what you currently have efficiently.

The +10s you get from the story aren't really going to last btw. lol

My answer to that is "maybe, maybe not". People always assume the worst to be always true, but what about the best? In reality, there's plenty enough of players who acquired their +13 in just a few tries.

But hey all we see in the internet are people posting how bad they fail. You won't see threads like "+13 in just 3 tries" because well... people would just treat it as bragging.

@Hails said:

@FoSizzle said:

@Mynoodles said:

No one out here is doing frame perfect enhancing tho.

That's not even the point though. Point is - if you fail, stop. Trying to find when "success" procs is an entirely different matter.

• @Mynoodles said:

That's not even the point though. Point is - if you fail, stop. Trying to find when "success" procs is an entirely different matter.

Isn't trying to find when the success is the entire point of thinking about the rng like that?

Also, the speed that the game lets you enhance isn't even quick enough for enhancements to be on the exact same rng if it's time/frame based. So there's literally no reason to stop just because your last attempt failed.

• BunnyBunny Member, Player Moderators, Player Council

Rest in pieces. Welcome to unlucky squad. :'(

• @Hails said:

@Mynoodles said:

Isn't trying to find when the success is the entire point of thinking about the rng like that?

It's to minimize loss. Enhancing is gambling. Who continues to gambles when you already lost 20x in a row in roulette? The same goes for enhancing. Murphy's Law and Monte Carlos fallacy applies here.

Also some people can get +13 in just a few tries. So why isn't it happening for some unlucky people? Think about it.

Also, the speed that the game lets you enhance isn't even quick enough for enhancements to be on the exact same rng if it's time/frame based. So there's literally no reason to stop just because your last attempt failed.

I think that's just the front-end/appearance. What's happening behind could be different. When does the game decides whether you fail or you succeed? After the 3sec count or as soon as you click?

• I think that's just the front-end/appearance. What's happening behind could be different. When does the game decides whether you fail or you succeed? After the 3sec count or as soon as you click?

When you make your account :pepehands: some of us are cursed to go past 1bil in eb2's without a single +13 success

• @OreoWolfey said:

I think that's just the front-end/appearance. What's happening behind could be different. When does the game decides whether you fail or you succeed? After the 3sec count or as soon as you click?

When you make your account :pepehands: some of us are cursed to go past 1bil in eb2's without a single +13 success

Good old account-seeds, letting the strongest players stay strong and the weak stay weak. Hard to test for though because maybe the strongest players could just as easily have abysmal luck that they overwhelm with sheer funding.

• welp during my time on closers especially this server so far i pulled 6+13s within 20 tries lol but all on my alts my main is stuck in the infinite purgatory with +12s

• @Mynoodles said:

@Hails said:

@Mynoodles said:

It's to minimize loss. Enhancing is gambling. Who continues to gambles when you already lost 20x in a row in roulette? The same goes for enhancing. Murphy's Law and Monte Carlos fallacy applies here.

The amount that the loss of credits and mats effects you honestly depends on what else that specific character needs. If the character has everything else finished and just needs enhancements then there's no reason to care about the loss of credits really because you don't have much else use for it other than saving for future fashion sense. At that point you have little to worry about.