WTF with david in story ?

Really i feel like i playing a raid in story.I fine it make no sense make it so hard?anyone can tell me ?

Comments

• Considering what he's built up to be, that level of strength makes sense, but consider it a weak trial run for the real David runs.

• That mean i have to be very gear to beat story ?

• No, I used +10 extreme gear with the disaster set from the tiamat area when I first did it. They give you the extreme core for beating the Mephisto raid 7 times (skirmish is fine for that) and they give you the disaster set for free in the dimensional ops center. Even the super gear set should be sufficient as long as you practice him a bit. For the first time, sure he's kinda tricky, but he's easier than Irina tbh.

• i only have crater weapon right now. Only getting one shot from david all my ress and pots done playing tina btw

• I haven't run David with Tina yet, but all I can say is make excellent use of your combat dodge (some of his attacks are difficult to avoid if you don't see them coming (through practice)

• maxsjmadmaxsjmad Member
    edited August 2018

I gear on my violet and still hard to kill.It take me 16 mins to beat it i have others characters to do on.

• OrenglaiveOrenglaive Member
    edited August 2018

What does your violet's gear look like? Cuz 16 min with Violet sounds a bit off to me.
    And have you invested in chips and PNA at all?

edited August 2018

This is my gear prntscr.com/kfkdhg
    yes i have chips on it

• Yeah, looking at that, you just need practice imo. 16 min with Violet definitely sounds off unless you weren't using Violet's Exceed attacks (Ultra Lightning Fist, etc). Keeping up semi-exceed should feel second nature to you by the time you hit lvl 80 too, so.... sorry to keep repeating, but practice ¯_(ツ)_/¯

• I played it the second time but he was on his second stage and i did it in 5 mins.

• i don't know how players solo david raid ?I can't even solo him and i not that skill.

• @maxsjmad said:
    i don't know how players solo david raid ?I can't even solo him and i not that skill.

edited August 2018

LOL i not rich in this game i broke.can sell jack in BM.

• get proper gear fist i guess i never had issues solo him with any character

• I just want to pass story why it so hard? It not a raid.

• Remembering, first time David is more dificult and when you win, you receive some revive pills, because you are suposed to die few times with a normal gear.

If you challenge him after the story ends, will be much easier.

• lol then learn his patterns honestly david isnt that hard Irina is much worse then him if you beat her you should be able to fk up david

• I taking about story not raid. I played others games and the story don't be that hard.What the sector to craft is it good ?

• TarasikTarasik Member
    edited August 2018

I would suggest watching David videos and learning his mechanics. David may seem challenging when you first face him, however when you learn his mechanics and know how to avoid everything he becomes really easy. Save your iframes and cancel for when you need them to dodge stuff. Most of his attacks also give you plenty of time to run out of range, which you should prioritise over your iframes until you get used to fighting David (use your iframes if you don't think you can run away in time). When he does his 3x knockback attacks in final phase, you can just walk or combat dodge to the other side of him and iframe the last one. Although this will make the run take longer, if you prioritise survival over damage and never die, you will eventually beat him. Learning mechanics is part of the fun - if it was too easy it wouldn't be fun at all.

• @Draciusen said:

@maxsjmad said:
    i don't know how players solo david raid ?I can't even solo him and i not that skill.

I could easily solo David without his gear after a few runs, didn't spend a single cent on this game, and i'm not precisely a good player either. You only need to learn his attacks, the only thing gear does is you'll kill him faster.

• I don't like to take hours just to beat story to finish the game.I want to beat story not raid that all i want to do on my others characters.

• @maxsjmad said:
    I don't like to take hours just to beat story to finish the game.I want to beat story not raid that all i want to do on my others characters.

with your stats you should finish the story dungeon pretty fast tho

• @Natorious said:

@maxsjmad said:
    I don't like to take hours just to beat story to finish the game.I want to beat story not raid that all i want to do on my others characters.

I taking about tina btw not my violet.

• @maxsjmad said:

@Natorious said:

@maxsjmad said:

I taking about tina btw not my violet.

whats your tinas gear?

edited August 2018

Still have my super gear crater weapon and disaster gear.Don't have the funds to make extreme for tina.

• if you have the core/modules enhanced to at least +10, decent tunes, get your extreme fighter (pg) buff and crew buff, use victory talisman - it should take around 10-15 min of playing carefully with that gear. It shouldn't be taking you hours.

• It just not good at this game

• Probably haven't grasped Tina's full potential yet.. Like they said, "practice"..
    Know what to tank, know when to dodge, pretty much basic stuff..

• DraciusenDraciusen Member
    edited August 2018

@CookingEgg said:
    Probably haven't grasped Tina's full potential yet.. Like they said, "practice"..
    Know what to tank, know when to dodge, pretty much basic stuff..

The problem is that the main story missions are far too easy to ever learn your character, and too many players skip out on doing PG/Dimensional Ops where things actually survive long enough to learn how to fight when bosses aren't one-shot and can kill you.

Although skills can translate between characters, trying to level somebody like J/Harpy when all you've got is Violet or Misteltein experience is basically re-learning the game. Tina's probably medium difficulty though, much higher skill floor than Violet but not crazy with the combos/positioning like J or Harpy.

• David raid is actually super easy, he has a really easy recognizable pattern and once you pick it up you can't forget it, he's also very slow in attacks, compared to fighting David and Irina, I find Irina a lot more annoying in terms of pattern. But overall both are super easy once you pick em up and understand their pattern and dodge on time. In the end though I still think Tiamat is the hardest and most annoying one to solo I hate her mechs lol.