We are aware of issues concerning the launcher, and are looking into its solution. We appreciate everyone's patience. For updates, please visit the following link: https://bit.ly/361EwbY

DPS Meter

Please bring the dps meter into the game :).
And pls don't post anything like "no, no dps meter, it will make this game toxic".

Comments

• for what? this isn't a game with long ass raids like Dragon nest

• I guess my question would be, "Why do we need a DPS meter?"
    Would it be public or private? Would it end up becoming another ranking system? You say, {And pls don't post anything like "no, no dps meter, it will make this game toxic".}, but when people start competing against each other, things very well can become toxic. What if some poor under-geared newb came into a raid not knowing what to expect and got bashed on for having a low DPS? What then?

In other words, convince me why we'd want/need a DPS meter and how it'd work.

• Volt8geVolt8ge Member
    edited September 2018

In a perfect world, yes perhaps. But in our world, absolutely freaking... no. Why? Because of.. well yeah toxicity

• Seeing your own DPS would be a nice way to optimize combos, seeing everyone's is just asking for toxic behavior.

• @Orenglaive said:

Like Monosaur said - it could be private, just to optimize and have fun with numbers :).

• @AoiRyuu said:

@Orenglaive said:

Like Monosaur said - it could be private, just to optimize and have fun with numbers :).

As long as it's an absolutely private thing, I could get behind that. I can still take it or leave it at this point, but I'd add my approval if I were actually asked :smiley:

• I personally do not like DPS Meters on the account of it always lead to Toxicity even I got yelled at for low DPS when I just started doing Dungeon Raids on TERAs Late Game, it killed the mood when you do first time runs and then people yell at you because your DPS is low and you/undergeared.

• I never got yelled for having bad dps.

• You'd be surprised then. Some people have quit games over the kind of abuse being a "bad player" can do.

• Well we would see at least how toxic is the community of closers, on forum it seems pretty toxic, but maybe in-game it's better?

• Personally I'd like some form of combat statistics, strictly for my own character.
    What's the highest hit I've managed, with which skill? What's the total damage on those 40 hit skills?
    I've no idea. Got 8 numbers overlapping eachother all the time.
    Rare occasion single hit FM while dots are down are the only time I actually get to read damage numbers.

• Tbh i'd like to have a dps meter to see my dps but also to see the one of the others for 2 reasons
    1) if i'm with a player playing the same char as me and ending up having more dps it would mean that i'm fucking up somewhere so it helps realizing that you can improve yourself .-.
    2) I kinda like to teach players how to play and i already did it for a few person so being able to see their dps would help me a bit more to do that tbh x.x

• Private sure. Public? Hell no

• @mistressj said:
    Private sure. Public? Hell no

Exactly my thoughts. If people wanna share their DPS scores, cool. As long as it's a private thing, I'm all for it.

• Why are you guys afraid of showing your dps ? I don't get it x.x It's not like closers is an elitist game <.<

• coz my setup is something i came up with and i don't want to share it

• fullmetalonefullmetalone Member
    edited September 2018

@Kittaro said:
    Why are you guys afraid of showing your dps ? I don't get it x.x It's not like closers is an elitist game <.<

If DPS Meters are a public thing it will lead to toxicity in the game and people would quit over being bullied over there DPS. It's a sad and cold reality that people take games so seriously with certain things and have nothing better to do than to bully others by having low DPS; for example lets say Yuri is supposed to have around 2 mill DPS inside Tiamat and someone is only hitting 900K - 1.5 mill, people would either leave/bully that person for having such low DPS.

• @Natorious said:
    coz my setup is something i came up with and i don't want to share it

ROTFL. Good joke :D, really made me laugh :D.

• AixaAixa Member
    edited September 2018

I'd like a damage counter or dps meter in a private solo only training mode so i can practice or optimize. But not for public stuff. And no sort of rankings or anything thats made public or can lead to people being tested by others.

ps. if this happens ill offer photoshop dps meter faking services!

• @fullmetalone But like i said closers isn't an elitist game .-. Tbh until now i only saw 1 guy acting like a douche about that <.< And let's be serious that guy had a good gear but a bad gameplay sadly
    That toxic behavior mostly com from people thinking "i am the best, i know everything, no one can tell me how to improve, i am right and everyone else is wrong" and those people are toxic with and without the dps meter, that dps meter just give them another reason to be toxic
    But like i said personally i mostly use it to help people and that's what i think dps meter should be for : you use it to improve yourself and help others to improve .. Well yeah that's the optimistic way of seeing things and yes obviously there will be argues about that in raid but it's easier to help someone improving while using a dps meter
    @Aixa You're already starting a business out of it ? Nice move ! xDDD

• Think what you may, but I can nearly guarantee toxic behavior will arise if and as soon as a public DPS meter is implemented. As it was mentioned, some people obviously have nothing better to do with their lives than to bash others on a video game lol.
    @Kittaro your wish to actually help players is very respectable imo but really though, not a lot of people have the same mindset as you. This is gaming we're talking about, people are toxic/salty quite often. Especially counts for those that don't like being told what to do.
    I have been in that position where my offers of help have been very impolitely rejected with cuss words and threats so I can imagine similar cases on here.

I do, though, also approve the idea of a private DPS meter. If anyone wanted assistance with it they could ask publicly.
    We don't need a public one.

saving money for that photoshop service

• Yeah sadly you are right but they will also implemant the reporting system so don't you think that could compensate a bit and reduce the toxicity ? .-.

• @Kittaro said:
    Yeah sadly you are right but they will also implemant the reporting system so don't you think that could compensate a bit and reduce the toxicity ? .-.

Doubt it. I've reported chat bots in the past and it took them almost a week to do anything about it. Unless it's much better.