What current gear is safe to salvage?

I heard in the future extreme gear can be upgraded so it shouldn't currently be salvaged, but is there any other gear that can be salvaged (irina trinkets, david gear, crate module)?

Best Answer

• LihzakiviLihzakivi Member
    Accepted Answer

Irina, David, Crater are akin to garbage and can all be trashed. Extreme is just OP until the end of time.

Answers

• @Lihzakivi said:
    Irina, David, Crater are akin to garbage and can all be trashed. Extreme is just OP until the end of time.

Orly? Woulda thought david/irina woulda been better. Well I stand corrected.

• The David/Irina gear just isn't worth the investment. You're better off trying to farm for ilvl 110 accessories instead.

• If you already have david irina, you will trash em but keep extreme as you will use it once the tindalos and halphas trinket sets get combined into 2 trinkets

• Ok guys looking at this thread makes me wonder. From an alt characters perspective or someone new who is leveling up.
    Should a person who doesnt have neither Irina/david just skip them and try to run puri with Extreme stuff + whatever or is it adviced to just get irina + david stuff for puri?

I ask this 'cause puri dungeons debuff you if your Avg Lvl is lower than the lvl of the dungeons.
    I did run the first contamination lvl with 2 of my alts and they dont really hit me too hard, the mobs and bosses are just tanky, but I am not sure how would my alts with no david/irina stuff handle as the contamination lvl goes up.

Also I know that some here are saying that irina and david is pretty much not worth anymore, but considering that now you technically don't even need to do raids anymore. Not sure if that is true.

• If you get someone to carry you, you can just skip core/mods/receiver and equip filler you drop from purif. You'll have to find your own way out with your shields and etc though. I wouldn't call it efficient. Step 1/3 tinda/bird is pretty easy to solo though.

• Sorry to detour the topic a bit but would investing in extreme for alts still be worth it then? Sounds like we'll be using them for a while and I'd like to gear my alts a bit.

• @Lihzakivi said:
    If you get someone to carry you, you can just skip core/mods/receiver and equip filler you drop from purif. You'll have to find your own way out with your shields and etc though. I wouldn't call it efficient. Step 1/3 tinda/bird is pretty easy to solo though.

Thanks for the reply, I did on 2 of my characters and already got weapons but what I am not sure if I should trancend past stage 2. In case of my Levia i was able to get it stage 2, I failed 2 times using that item that allow you to keep the stone, but using the item that increase success rate I was able to get it first try. Still, I been reading on forum that in order to get lvl3? fanto the rate is really bad, so I am not sure if that is true or if that lvl 3 item helps.
    And yeah in the case of Tinda and bird, they are indeed really easy, specially bird.

@Astrolite said:
    Sorry to detour the topic a bit but would investing in extreme for alts still be worth it then? Sounds like we'll be using them for a while and I'd like to gear my alts a bit.

That is what I am doing, have a lot of alts but I been doing PG raids on 3 characters a lot, good thing is that at least the 2 main mats you need for Extreme gear, you can bank account so in case you have more than 1 character, you can speed up the process a bit.

• @Rieid Purification stuff is usable starting from T2. T3 is better, but if you don't feel comfortable going to T3, you can wait till T4-5 releases; the success rate becomes very high for T0-3. You'll just be weaker until then, but it's probably the preferable route for alts and such.

@Astrolite Extreme is absolutely worth grabbing at this point in time. It only gets replaced by the gear you get from the Wolfgang raid, we definitely aren't getting that any time soon. Extreme really has some amazing longevity and mileage lol. The trade off is, this is the reason why Extreme is still so expensive to craft :neutral:

• @Rieid I see. Luckily I have a lot of em on 2-3 charas so I guess those won't be a major problem.
    @Lihzakivi didn't expect it had such longevity tbh, it's why I avoided investing in alts until now. :open_mouth:
    Thanks so much you two!