Potato question.

Hi all. I'd really like to play this game. I installed it on my potato, and my potato meets the minimum requirements. But, whenever I log in I have a terrible frame rate. My potato can play other games just fine, just not this one. Are there settings that work better for potatoes? Or maybe Naddic can do better optimizations so people with potatoes can play the game?

Thank you

Comments

• Optimizations are already coming next patch (essentially, tomorrow)

• You can turn off all brights and resolution to help a little

• You can try changing the resolution to the smallest/ 800x600 and reduce amount of players shown.Not ideal but it works for me, however joining a party brings the frames down again.

• I personally do windowed mode the second biggest resolution I can have and turn off almost anything that has a glittering effect(or whatever) such as core enchant level auras. Works for me

On a side note.. anyone else hungry for potatoes now? Or just me?

• Man... thread ruined. Guys, you can't play games on a potato. fml

• Why was I half-expecting potato recipes when I clicked this..?
    Ahem
    You can actually play well even on a "potato". Turning the optimization option ON + disabling any sort of graphical effects + ally dmg adds a lot of frames.

I am honestly surprised how little the game requires. It's amazing.

• I'm glad this community is so helpful :)

• :D Reading this thread makes me want to actually test if this game runs on a really old potato
    Like a 7 years old potato... :p

• @Rieid said:
    :D Reading this thread makes me want to actually test if this game runs on a really old potato
    Like a 7 years old potato... :p

My laptop died 2 weeks ago so been playing on a 2005 notebook ever since (it's a sad life), it runs relatively well tbh.
    So really just go for it. :D