We will be entering into maintenance on 12/09 at 3pm PST, and have an expected downtime of 2 hours. For details, please visit the following link: http://bit.ly/closersmaintenance
Dimensional Gels will expire on 12/9 at 3pm PST, as soon as maintenance begins. Be sure to use your gels now!

Feedback on the Limited Time bundles

Today these deals were announced and launched: https://closers.enmasse.com/store/limited-time-bundles . There are two bundles there, the Union Premium Finishing Pack and the Union Special Finishing Pack. The former is $50 for 1x +13 Gear Booster, 1x Real Platinum Driver, 55x Resurrection Capsules, 30 days Elite, 30 days Gardening, and 30 days Maid. The latter is $100 for 1x Rainbow Wings (3* exclusive wings), 1x +13 Gear Booster, 2x +12 Gear Booster, 2x Real Platinum Driver, 1x Black Suit Full Set (3* for all pieces), 110x Resurrection Capsules, 90 days Elite, 90 days Gardening, and 90 days Maid.

As an EME Partner and someone who spends my fair share of money, the overall layout of these bundles seem like good get-into-closers bundles. However, these bundles have glaring issues within them. A new player getting into this game is unlikely to spend $50 or $100 on these bundles. Meanwhile, the paid players like myself are mostly refusing to buy these bundles because they are bloated with items that are "useless" like Elite/Garden/Maid/Resurrection Capsules. Players who would be willing to drop $100 on this bundle do not need these things because most of them already have maid/garden/elite in excess. I personally have Elite through June 2019. I'm sure that some have it through 2020 (or later). More elite does not help these players at all.

The main draws of the bundles for paid players are potentially the wings, the +13 booster, and the platinum drivers. However, for $100 USD I could easily just buy stuff from the EMP store, sell it off, and buy out the market. Unless I have the absolute worst RNG, I can get a +13 from EB2s off the market (even at current value), spend EMP on slot tools until I roll two plat slots, then use the rest to make a strong offer on a pair of 3* wings (that will not only be tradeable if I get tired of them, but will honestly look better than the rainbow wings). As a paying player, I have zero incentive to buy this bundle.

I understand if the goal here was to release a guaranteed +13 booster to lessen the strain on the market of people buying out every EB2 there, but at this excessive price it just isn't worth it. I feel like the potential profits for En Masse will increase substantially on these "packs" if they weren't bloated, or even better if we could just buy the individual items like the wings or the +13 booster. Granted, it is only a $100 pack with one exclusive in it, so it isn't like it's such a bad thing, right?

Wrong. At the top of the page is the following words: "OUT OF THIS WORLD DISCOUNTS ON CRAZY NEW BUNDLES EVERY 2 WEEKS!". While this new "every 2 week super cool sale" thing is a good idea, the fact that the first sale is putting a single mediocre exclusive behind a $100 paywall that is bloated with Elite/Gardening/Maid sets a potential precedent that a lot of somewhat cool exclusives are going to get paywalled this way. If there is even 30 days of Elite/Gardening/Maid in the bundle every 2 weeks, buying each set's bundle would make paid players have too much excess time on it all, essentially 'wasting' money and deterring people from wanting to buy it.

I understand that this is the first week of implementation, but please understand why this is so much worse than the Ace Closer and Wildhuter Ace bundles: This new pack is excessively bloated with things that will potentially become relatively useless with continual purchase from the potential new set every 2 weeks should the bloating of the packs not change. The Ace Closer and Wildhuter packages gave you a good amount of EMP on it's own to justify the price. They were also filled with multiple exclusives, including a 10 set Dark Command costume, Ivory Icon costume, an exclusive effect, and a lot of other bonuses. They felt good to buy, like you got a lot of cool games for cheap from a humble bundle. This new weekly bundle... It feels like buying an entire Happy Meal for the toy, and the food just ends up in a trash can to rot while there are starving F2Ps in Africa.

Comments

• I love the fact that you guys also put 55%~ in savings and a paywall of 50USD for a +13 booster. I don't know if you are trying to induce buyers from newer players or people who don't know better but any old player would instantly understand that this is a terrible deal overall. If I wanted to blow 150USD for 2 +13 I could just buy 150USD worth of EB2 when the daily deal comes and make WAY more profit selling the EB2 in the market then buying both of the deals. This is also on rotation every 2 weeks making it a amazingly big red flag for any new players joining the game also. You would see that a +13 is buy able for 50USD at its lowest. You either don't mind it and continue with the grind or quit because there is a blaring paywall in your face. This is EA level of P2W. You guys are making it look like if you want to progress without any effort please just give us 100USD and we will slap you with some wings and a +13!

• i totally agree with this their bundles are unnecessary filled with items that are already used so much that it throws people off. Lets say Elite this item is available in every god damn bundle their release, lets say premium starter pack for characters, WIldhter bundle, founders pack etc myself included i am well soon enough with platinum over 2020 do i need more i don't thinks so. Maid and the garden fairy most of the time i even don't use this function anymore since there is no use to it it doesn't give you any bonuses anymore since we got no fatigue at all. then the the other things in there are not worth it to me why? black suit is available in the EMP store, do i care about the wings no there are plenty i can get in game, platinum drivers i can get those out of the market easy. Stop selling useless stuff be creative instead,

TLDR: I agree with the OP in every point

• Gardener and Maid service showed up in daily deals for 10% off this week as well. I agree, I don't want anything from the bundle. I'm a new player too, so I could actually use that stuff kinda, but it's just not worth it. I did get the nice wildhuter bundle, that came with EMP and other goodies, I'm glad I got it. Maybe if this $100 bundle had a few k EMP it would be more attractive right? I hope the next bundle is better.

• HimeHime Member, Player Moderators, Player Council

I've sent your concerns and feedback to EME, and they'll look over and reexamine the items. Can't expect anything asap, but know that you're being heard.

• edited September 2018

MY problem is the +13 boosters in these packs
    who asked for a p2w booster, even when you can get with eb2. It's still retarded to give payed players +13 boosters and f2p players +12 boosters from event.

• If we're anything like KR, you'll get your +13 boosters from events one day.

• @Mirakujo said:
    who asked for a p2w booster, even when you can get with eb2. It's still retarded to give payed players +13 boosters and f2p players +12 boosters from event.

I don't think monetizing +13 boosters is necessary a bad thing, as it's a way to get more funding for the game. I think the issue lies in the massive paywall in front of said booster. If it was $5 or $10 for JUST THE BOOSTER it would be massively accessible for the majority of players. I feel like this can even benefit players who do not have the income to purchase it, as a "low" price can make it less of a strain on people who would want to put them in giveaways. I know I'd probably do +13 booster giveaways on my stream if the price was reasonable.

• @SuzumiyaSolbane said:

@Mirakujo said:

I don't think monetizing +13 boosters is necessary a bad thing, as it's a way to get more funding for the game. I think the issue lies in the massive paywall in front of said booster. If it was $5 or $10 for JUST THE BOOSTER it would be massively accessible for the majority of players. I feel like this can even benefit players who do not have the income to purchase it, as a "low" price can make it less of a strain on people who would want to put them in giveaways. I know I'd probably do +13 booster giveaways on my stream if the price was reasonable.

A good game is one, that sells for $$$ costumes and not stuff that makes you stronger.

• @Mirakujo said:

@SuzumiyaSolbane said:

@Mirakujo said:

A good game is one, that sells for $$$ costumes and not stuff that makes you stronger.

The issue that comes with that argument is that they sell EB2s in a daily deal. At +10, an EB2 can jump your gear to +13 on a great success. With enough money, you're "guaranteed" a +13. I feel like just selling the booster at an easily accessible price will help with making sure that the market isn't killed of all EB2s for the 100% free players.

• I am a new player debating on a purchase. I have no clue what is important and what's not important. Even elite doesn't seem all that important to me right now. I like costumes and the inventory upgrades look like necessities but in game there are two different boxes when i mouse over the bundle , so i am unsure which i get. I feel like it's a total waste of money to buy inventory expansions on my first character and I am walking through the game without any boosts so why bother with elite?

I am really loving the game but there's nothing really driving me to spend and i honestly WANT to give enmasse money.

• @Tacoknight said:
    I am a new player debating on a purchase. I have no clue what is important and what's not important. Even elite doesn't seem all that important to me right now. I like costumes and the inventory upgrades look like necessities but in game there are two different boxes when i mouse over the bundle , so i am unsure which i get. I feel like it's a total waste of money to buy inventory expansions on my first character and I am walking through the game without any boosts so why bother with elite?

I am really loving the game but there's nothing really driving me to spend and i honestly WANT to give enmasse money.

I honestly think the $50 limited bundle is a good deal for new players. The xp boost will be nice when you get to lvl 70. The gardening and maid stuff is also nice for new players, you can get decent consumables from housing that will help you out. The +13 booster I would save until later. And the res capsules... well it's nice to have them I guess. But it's a good deal at that price.

The $100 limited bundle I think is a little bloated. I would rather have more costumes or consumables than 90 days of the premium trio. I'm going to wait a couple days and see what's in the next bundle. I'm hoping it has a cool costume or accessories.

• @theslackerguy said:

@Tacoknight said:
    I am a new player debating on a purchase. I have no clue what is important and what's not important. Even elite doesn't seem all that important to me right now. I like costumes and the inventory upgrades look like necessities but in game there are two different boxes when i mouse over the bundle , so i am unsure which i get. I feel like it's a total waste of money to buy inventory expansions on my first character and I am walking through the game without any boosts so why bother with elite?

I honestly think the $50 limited bundle is a good deal for new players. The xp boost will be nice when you get to lvl 70. The gardening and maid stuff is also nice for new players, you can get decent consumables from housing that will help you out. The +13 booster I would save until later. And the res capsules... well it's nice to have them I guess. But it's a good deal at that price.

The $100 limited bundle I think is a little bloated. I would rather have more costumes or consumables than 90 days of the premium trio. I'm going to wait a couple days and see what's in the next bundle. I'm hoping it has a cool costume or accessories.

how does this compare with the steam bundles?

https://store.steampowered.com/app/820470/Closers_Collectors_Edition/

• I never looked at the steam dlc before because I couldn't get the steam version to run on my pc. That 10 piece costume is nice, but I think the consumables in the limited time bundle are pretty good too. Kind of a tough call. You are going to want a decent costume at some point. I would pick the limited time bundle though, since it has maid and gardener. With maid service I get lots of decent consumables and materials. It's your call though. If you really like the outfit, go for it. Fashion is just as important as anything else.