We will be entering into maintenance on 12/09 at 3pm PST, and have an expected downtime of 2 hours. For details, please visit the following link: http://bit.ly/closersmaintenance
Dimensional Gels will expire on 12/9 at 3pm PST, as soon as maintenance begins. Be sure to use your gels now!

Should Bacon's Core be Restored?

edited November 2018 in General Discussion

Recently, a streamer by the name of TheRealAdmiralBacon (or Harpy in-game) got a +14. In the past, he's worked for most of his stuff with little complaint such as grinding out over 600 runs to get his 3 Area 8 accessories. As many players would know, getting a +14 is painfully difficult task and as such, you could see him crying from joy when he got his only +14 (clip below) after a year of effort (~1700 hours logged). Unfortunately, he was distracted and accidentally transcended this core without using a Shape Memory Device moments later (Clip below). Because EME has had a history of restoring items lost by accident (Salvaging, dropping, destroyed through enhancing), it was expected that Bacon would be able to recover his core. Despite this, he received a reply which seemed like a slap to face that amounted to "It happened to me too. Just work harder and get a new one" (Response below with identifiers removed).

So, my question is: "Do you think his core should be restored?"

Should Bacon's Core be Restored? 88 votes

Yes
51%
RyziRukiaTheReapersOrenglaiveHadasyHardDriveDivinityMuonSinkinqsolReki2051reconawp1992TenshiNoUtaDraciusenzVergilShadeNightzElloleiaYonggTrapsNoNoGayEnderStroyerDMGNohvelmilkaww 45 votes
No
48%
JusneMelonchanKEFH6TJNGTEleiraPengyzhornywatermelonSolamiRay676RemorsefulKreiserHiromotoAkujimalmperfectSaikoPeepSuguroRyuujiY4GNHNETWDLaureenDmxllMiniboomerdaymcc 43 votes

Comments

• Yes

My personal thoughts on the matter is in terms of the time and effort he put in, he was deserving of the item itself.

In terms of restoring the item, I don't believe EME should have been restoring ANY items to ANYONE.

However, because EME has already set the precedence of doing so, Bacon deserves to have his core restored.

In short....
    Yes

• Yes

Bacon has been streaming since the launch and has been pretty unlucky throughout putting up with every bad luck event and kept playing. The very fact that he got a +14 to begin with made me happy for him.

Mistakes happen and this sort of situation should at least be a one time deal because due to the nature of this game it is extremely frustrating to deal with consistent failure with no reward the very definition of fighting a losing battle. Especially with this sort of scenario being bypassed by throwing absurd amount of money at the game which has been so evident in recently packages.

He has been promoting the game as an EME partner as one of the very few streamers to begin with, hes not asking for money or causing the company itself to lose money, just a piece of digital equipment to have someone continue supporting the game.

• Yes

I'm also going to put my voice in here to add on to what Tenshi is saying.

I genuinely feel like his request to have his core restored being refused is completely wrong, because like Tenshi said there has been a precedence of this. I personally have had an item restored by customer support after I used the wrong fuel in enhancing on accident and blew the item up. I know countless other people who have had equal experiences, whether it's an accident from enhancing, misclicking while salvaging, dragging out of inventory and hitting enter, etc.

Bacon being turned away disappoints me, because not only has he been creating stream content for this game for over a year, he's been the most "denied" content creator so far. Harpy release got pushed back, Harpy SA got delayed, and there's been quite a few smaller things as well over time. He's continued to stream regardless of all of this, toughing through all of this. He finally had something go right for him and then in his moment of joy he made one small mistake, something that all of us do from time to time. However, unlike the rest of the players, his request to have his mistake fixed is being denied.

I do hope that this gets some traction and we're able to help him out. He's a genuinely good streamer, player, and person, and deserves to have this +14.

• Yes

As any Closers player would know getting a +14 is a god damn achievement, it is a very difficult feat to accomplish. The enhancement to even attempt at a +14 is already demanding enough. I'm just basically listing facts here, the game can easily guarantee you a +10, but it's the steps after that makes enhancing a make or break for the experience. You are dealing with RNG, to even be in the threshold of a +14 you would need a Great Success (+3 enhancement levels at +11), or a Success (+1/+2 enhancement levels at +12 and +13 respectively). So the struggle is not only you have to be successful once, but TWICE in a row, and the community as a whole can attest that enhancement rates are utterly abyssal.

What kind of emotions do you think people would go through knowing that you have finally achieve your goal, only to lose it to a simple mistake? That feeling of sweet victory in your mouth suddenly turns into ashes, and the response essentially goes "Go deal with RNG again". For me personally, a number of emotions would erupt and none of them would be positive emotions, but most importantly of all I would get discouraged from playing the game.

As for Bacon, he has provided a multitude of things for Closers, he has streamed and provided content, shines the game and the character Harpy alike, he is easily one of the most pleasing people to tune into watch. He has experienced setback after setback, yet he still soldiers on, he still dealt with it and continued to provide meaningful content. Yet finally after months of trying he has got one thing right going for him, obtaining a +14 only for that to be taken away from him a few minutes after. I doubt most people who experience that kind of situation would dive back in and be like "Oh boy I would like to deal with RNG again".

Just to voice again Nohvel's statements, he's not asking for money or anything, it is the item he has already previously had in his inventory.

• No

first of all, poll seems biased so i voted no
    second, these streamers write so fuking much, so i only read the first sentence.
    all these supports are saying how much work he put in how hard it is to get +14, and thats
    the reason it should be restored?

if he lost the core because he forgot to use shape memory. not cuz he yolo'd. EME should restore his core

• Yes

@WAKY5LXHHW said:
    all these supports are saying how much work he put in how hard it is to get +14, and thats

The other reason is because EME set a precedent by doing that kind of thing for other people, so at this point, they have no reason NOT to.

• Yes

@WAKY5LXHHW said:
    first of all, poll seems biased so i voted no
    second, these streamers write so fuking much, so i only read the first sentence.

if he lost the core because he forgot to use shape memory. not cuz he yolo'd. EME should restore his core

I've attached 2 of his clips. He GOT the +14. He lost that because his transcendence succeeded while he forgot to use a shape memory.

• Yes

I was there when i watched Bacon lose his first +14 i was there when he said Customer Support declined him twice the second time they declined his ticket they said something like "its your fault, you'll get another one" from my opinion i think that's rude coming from CS especially after all Bacon has done for EME he has streamed good content way before he was even a EME partner and to be honest i don't think that's fair to him that he was turned down twice by CS especially when CS are there to help people i bet if moekuma did the same thing if he finally got a +15 and lost it minutes later CS would restore it for him especially the money moekuma has put into the game to trying to get a +15 but it doesn't matter how much money one person put's in the game its CS job to help people like bacon especially after a accidental mess up its not bacon's fault that he lost his first +14 he wasn't paying attention because he was filled with joy that the game finally gave him the one thing he's put so much effort into my vote is going towards yes for EME to restore his +14 bacon isn't just some no name that doesn't matter bacon is a EME partner that takes time out of his day to stream a game he loves.

• No

Personally I would not have EME restore the +14 core, it is his own fault that he made the mistake. No need for further information, his mistake, suck it up.

• MuonMuon Member
    edited November 2018
    Yes

If he succeeded on his attempt to transcend is he going to cry and request to revert it back to what it was before? 100% sure he will not, whether it was intentional or not.

Everybody should DO the same, make it look like you just forgot to use memory shape on it and request EME to revert it back if it has failed. Or maybe this special snow flake is the only one allowed to do this method and not everyone else? If everyone is allowed to abuse this method, then what are memory shape device for?

Corruption at its finest. I wonder which crew he belongs into?

• TenshiNoUtaTenshiNoUta Member
    edited November 2018
    Yes

@Muon said:
    If he succeeded on his attempt to transcend is he going to cry and request to revert it back to what it was before? 100% sure he will not, whether it was intentional or not.

Everybody should DO the same, make it look like you just forgot to use memory shape on it and request EME to revert it back if it has failed. Or maybe this special snow flake is the only one allowed to do this method and not everyone else? If everyone is allowed to abuse this method, then what are memory shape device for?

You may want to read the post again. He DID succeed transcending and that's where the problem is. If it failed he still would have his 14, but he succeeded transcending but forgot to use a memory device.

Edit: I reread your post and I think you have shape memory device confused with transcendental elixir. If a transcend fails while ur using a memory device, you get the memory device back, your material booms, and that's all that happens.

Edit 2: Either that or you have transcending confused with enhancing and shape memory device confused with enhancement fortifiers.

• No

Is not EME staff obligation to do that kind of stuff so their reply were correct and just, and is not fair for all people that do mistake they get their gear restored, then everyone will ask "Hey EME please restore my gear".

edited November 2018
    Yes

@Melonchan said:
    Is not EME staff obligation to do that kind of stuff so their reply were correct and just, and is not fair for all people that do mistake they get their gear restored, then everyone will ask "Hey EME please restore my gear".

But they HAVE been doing it and have set a precedence for it .-.

Edit: At least for salvaging, dropping, and enhancing.

• Yes

@TenshiNoUta said:

@Muon said:

You may want to read the post again. He DID succeed transcending and that's where the problem is. If it failed he still would have his 14, but he succeeded transcending but forgot to use a memory device.

Edit: I reread your post and I think you have shape memory device confused with transcendental elixir. If a transcend fails while ur using a memory device, you get the memory device back, your material booms, and that's all that happens.

Edit 2: Either that or you have transcending confused with enhancing and shape memory device confused with enhancement fortifiers.

Oh yea I didnt read all, only the title and first sentence since it was very dramatic I though it would be a waste of time to continue. It seems like unintentional attempt on his part, my mistake. Good luck I hope he gets his enhancement back.

• MelonchanMelonchan Member
    edited November 2018
    No

@TenshiNoUta said:

@Melonchan said:

At least for that it is fair "salvaging, dropping", but not because that person forgot to use an especific material.
    EME will not offer special service to a single person, it's simple because people will want the same treatment.

• I'd like to make clear. Although in present this all started because Bacon did an Honest Mistake and transcended without Blue Tube. This does Not support Bacon alone it supports the community as A whole and the player base because we are all human mistakes do happen. As the item in question here being a +14 which is an Item Not easily Obtainable for a Casual player or Even Paying Players to some degree. Everyone is included in this not just a Single person. Tl;dr The Community deserves a second chance. #Equalchance

• Yes

@Melonchan said:

@TenshiNoUta said:

@Melonchan said:

At least for that it is fair "salvaging, dropping", but not because that person forgot to use an especific material.
    EME will not offer special service to a single person, it's simple because people will want the same treatment.

What about enhancing though? Solbane talked about using the wrong fuel and getting his items restored. Would this really be different?

• ShadeNightzShadeNightz Member
    edited November 2018
    Yes

For no other reason than the simple fact that they've given other people their shit back before. They might've declined other people, but we're not hearing about them. The fact that they even gave a single person's stuff back because the player made a mistake and not some mishap with the game itself, I think he should get his 14 back. Especially if this is the only time he's ever asked for something back. (If this was like his 5th time or something, that would just mean the player has screwed up themselves too many times and shouldn't get jack shit back.)

• No

@TenshiNoUta said:

@Melonchan said:

@TenshiNoUta said:

@Melonchan said:

What about enhancing though? Solbane talked about using the wrong fuel and getting his items restored. Would this really be different?

First time or not, or because other people get it, doesn't mean you get the same, then the world would be different, pink and happy ^^

EME did well on refuse because many people asking for the same. People do mistake and people learned by their mistakes.

• Yes

@Melonchan said:

@TenshiNoUta said:

@Melonchan said:

@TenshiNoUta said:

@Melonchan said:

First time or not, or because other people get it, doesn't mean you get the same, then the world would be different, pink and happy ^^

EME did well on refuse because many people asking for the same. People do mistake and people learned by their mistakes.

Then why not make it explicit? It seems flippant to arbitrarily restore it for some and not others

• Yes

Considering they put it on their FAQ that they will restore lost items that are salvaged or destroyed by mistake, I do not see how this is any difference. The point of the service is to help restore items lost due to what can only be seen as mistakes. There is no reason anyone would destroy, salvage, or transcend without a blue or enhance tube a +14. It is clearly a mistake. To not restore it is not only inconsistent, but shows a deep lack of care and understanding. I can guarantee you that if I was in the shoes of the GM who was given this ticket, with the knowledge I have of the situation and the game, I would restore it without question as it is consistent with policy in a fundamental way.

As for it being Bacon in particular; Bacon is a great guy. But, even if he wasn't, even if he was a troll and toxic player, I would still say the core should be restored. It sets a very anti-player precedent that the +14 core wouldn't be restored due to a mistake with transcending, but would for salvage and destruction. Either the support staff do not understand the game and why it is fundamentally the same type of mistake, or they really do not want to restore anyone's items from mistakes and are desperately looking for an excuse not to do so. Either way, it isn't good for us, and it isn't a good luck for them.

• No

Prerequisites must be met before restoring your item. Like cough whale cough.

• No

it's just a +14 tbh, are we gonna stop playing just because our +14 core being reset to +0? tbh there's too many bundle having +13 gear booster in emp stores, i remember during the released of Tiamat Dungeon, remember the character name Sora/Mashiro? afair he attempts multiple times of +15, he got almost +14 4 times during his enhancement, but in the end, he run out of materials used up almost 400 ebII's at that time and in the end his core stucks only at +13, did Sora rage about that? (he's the biggest whale aside from Mist from that time), yes but not this kind of "i've forgot to put Shape in my core please give my +14 back or else my friend gonna post a forum for voting whether enmasse should give back my +14" what's the purpose of this poll question? when enmasse sees this forum and they've see that almost all players voted yes and ofc maybe they're gonna forced to bring back the +14 enhancement weapon of this player because of the cries of bla bla bla, that's bullshit, ffs, ask a friend to gift you 4990 emp which have +13 gear booster to get back on his feet, or give him money for the meantime, i bet you have many whale friends, then also farm farm farm again until he has materials to attempt again to +14, 1700 hours logged and you dont enough material to enhance to +13, for god's sake, either way,other player's saying "Effin Enmasse he's an Eme Streamer give
    back his +14 (A Special Snowflake)" corruption at it's finest.

• @KaguyaSama said:
    it's just a +14 tbh, are we gonna stop playing just because our +14 core being reset to +0? tbh there's too many bundle having +13 gear booster in emp stores, i remember during the released of Tiamat Dungeon, remember the character name Sora/Mashiro? afair he attempts multiple times of +15, he got almost +14 4 times during his enhancement, but in the end, he run out of materials used up almost 400 ebII's at that time and in the end his core stucks only at +13, did Sora rage about that? (he's the biggest whale aside from Mist from that time), yes but not this kind of "i've forgot to put Shape in my core please give my +14 back or else my friend gonna post a forum for voting whether enmasse should give back my +14" what's the purpose of this poll question? when enmasse sees this forum and they've see that almost all players voted yes and ofc maybe they're gonna forced to bring back the +14 enhancement weapon of this player because of the cries of bla bla bla, that's bullshit, ffs, ask a friend to gift you 4990 emp which have +13 gear booster to get back on his feet, or give him money for the meantime, i bet you have many whale friends, then also farm farm farm again until he has materials to attempt again to +14, 1700 hours logged and you dont enough material to enhance to +13, for god's sake, either way,other player's saying "Effin Enmasse he's an Eme Streamer give

This is not only because of Bacon. like i said since i partially started this support on EME Discord. and It turned into a forum post This is because EME has a Service to restore Mistakenly Salvaged items etc. and yet Bacon and Many other players have gotten an issue like this happen be it a Salvaged item mistakenly discarded item etc. It's alarming that a game has a Set rules to retrieve items and they decline people of it. Be it the point here "Mistake" as in your allowed a pass if you did a mistake be it Salvaged or anything Bacon doesn't mind if it's restored or not but He said: "if my mistake ends up helping the community that's all that matters really."

• KaguyaSamaKaguyaSama Member
    edited November 2018
    No

This is not only because of Bacon. like i said since i partially started this support on EME Discord. and It turned into a forum post This is because EME has a Service to restore Mistakenly Salvaged items etc. and yet Bacon and Many other players have gotten an issue like this happen be it a Salvaged item mistakenly discarded item etc. It's alarming that a game has a Set rules to retrieve items and they decline people of it. Be it the point here "Mistake" as in your allowed a pass if you did a mistake be it Salvaged or anything Bacon doesn't mind if it's restored or not but He said: "if my mistake ends up helping the community that's all that matters really."

The Enmasse Service to restore Mistakenly Salvaged items, Accidentaly Discarded/Deleted Items, Pet Opened in alt Acc etc. is entirely otherwordly different thing to the enhancement, tuning, slot modification Service, not it's not alarming, what happens if this game has no Set rules you're talking about? i smell broken game, as gaming policies, they have to decline services that they think it is completely unfair to the players prior for the game balancing, maybe Enmasse can granted to give his +14 back as a one-time courtesy, behind closed doors, but i highly doubt it, because it is not covered by their service policies even if this player is a big shot or an ordinary f2p player. again, i think enmasse 99%, 1% luck wont listen to change their policies just because someone forgot to equipped their shape thingy device.

• No

its a big no no, its this simple, you made a mistake, you cry and you get mad cause EME wont restore it for you?

• No

Hi God, I had an accident, I died, can you make me alive again? if you wont, I will get mad at you. kakakakaka

edited November 2018
    Yes

@KaguyaSama said:

You're comparing him to someone with a whale... Bacon had to work for it making that +14 feel earned whereas. And "Just a +14"? Most of used over 400 EB2's without seeing a +14I don't know if you've been lucky enough to call a +14 is an easy task while thinking "almost 400 eb2's" for a +15 is a lot but I wouldn't call it easy. +13 is easy, it's about 1 in every 50 eb2's from my experience. But a 14 is RNG on RNG and something that took me personally roughly 600 eb2's overall.

As for mistakenly salvaged/discarded items. Once again... why did they restore items from failed enhances if that's the case?

• No

Nope get dabbed on bacon!