Should Bacon's Core be Restored?

2»

Comments

• No

I voted no because I thought you were asking to +14 his current core.

If he has the Shape Memory Device in his inventory, I think they should roll back his item. No one would knowingly transcend a +14 core without one on purpose.

• No

@5NTT35EAW5 said:
    No. It's ridiculous if his +14 will be restored. I don't care how many hours he farm in game to achieve it. If he had treasured his +14 core, he wouldn't made a basic mistake in transcendence. He should feel lucky because he just made a mistake in game instead of real life.

i like this guy already

• Yes

I'd agree with that but EME has been restoring cores for people losing their cores by "accident." It should be all or nothing not yes for some and no for others.

• Yes

Some of you don't seem to understand that EME has it in their policy to restore mistakenly salvaged and destroyed items. Either of those situations is equally careless and clearly a mistake as forgetting to attach a blue tube to a +14 you wish to transcend. Unless you are claiming that it wasn't a mistake, and Bacon purposely wanted to reset a +14 to a +0, there is no fundamental difference in accidentally salvaging or destroying. All three are clearly accidents; careless, humanistic mistakes. EME in the past believed that such mistakes should be rectified, probably because they realized such items carry too much investment and dedication to not be restored by such a mistake. Unless EME just has stopped caring about its players, I see absolutely no reason to not restore an item that lost its enhancement due to a mistake with transcending. No matter how you feel about Bacon as a person, think about yourself. No one is beyond mistakes, and if you were to lose something you spent months to work for due to an honest misclick or momentary lapse in memory, you would want the item restored. You would have to be a masochist to want anything else. If staff does not restore the +14, it is proof that their policies are not consistent fundamentally and that they lack empathy for players as human beings. No matter what the context, months of effort should be respected.

• BTW, what is the % rate to +13 something nowadays?
    I remember when david & Irina was the best gear some months ago, and it didn't feel so hard. But nowadays it feel really hard for some reason. Could be me just having bad luck. But just to trow some numbers:
    before puri: I got + 13 on core with about 60 - 70 EBII / -1. Got +13 on amp in like alf if that.
    Nowadays with puri gear after more than 100 tries and I am still +12. ._.

• Yes

@Rieid said:
    BTW, what is the % rate to +13 something nowadays?
    I remember when david & Irina was the best gear some months ago, and it didn't feel so hard. But nowadays it feel really hard for some reason. Could be me just having bad luck. But just to trow some numbers:
    before puri: I got + 13 on core with about 60 - 70 EBII / -1. Got +13 on amp in like alf if that.
    Nowadays with puri gear after more than 100 tries and I am still +12. ._.

It's all RNG which is why it's so painful. On average, it takes me ~50 eb2's but one of my mods took 2 eb2's while my current core took 152 for a 13 (eb1 then got it to 14)

• No

@Shimmerz said:

@5NTT35EAW5 said:
    No. It's ridiculous if his +14 will be restored. I don't care how many hours he farm in game to achieve it. If he had treasured his +14 core, he wouldn't made a basic mistake in transcendence. He should feel lucky because he just made a mistake in game instead of real life.

i like this guy already

agreed!

• 3KMX7NPLTE3KMX7NPLTE Member
    edited November 2018

Select additives : Tuning Preservative instead of Enhancement LOL
    Some specifics about the gear can be lost.
    BOLD in BLOOD RED.

ENHANCEMENT LEVEL: There's no way it will reset right? 4Head
    Tuning Option: I picked this one right?
    Chip slot: I had none anyways, the smartest thing I did.
    Do you want to continue? Looks at screen doesn't pay attention OK! HURR HURR

FAILED...

Hmm.... maybe I should try one more time! Looks at screen again doesn't pay attention EleGiggle
    3 2 1 Transcended Successfully! Kappa

The friend on methane: Yeah I saw your reddit HURR HURR long silence Oh yeah REMEMBER REMEMBER to use blue tubes.

Oh... O_O Now notice

He had a second chance with the first fail to save his +14. You would think that friend of his or his twitch chat, should have at least remind him early on to use a memory device after he got his +14. Such a shame too cause that was good rng right there.

• Yes

@3KMX7NPLTE said:
    Select additives : Tuning Preservative instead of Enhancement LOL
    Some specifics about the gear can be lost.
    BOLD in BLOOD RED.

ENHANCEMENT LEVEL: There's no way it will reset right? 4Head
    Tuning Option: I picked this one right?
    Chip slot: I had none anyways, the smartest thing I did.
    Do you want to continue? Looks at screen doesn't pay attention OK! HURR HURR

FAILED...

Hmm.... maybe I should try one more time! Looks at screen again doesn't pay attention EleGiggle
    3 2 1 Transcended Successfully! Kappa

The friend on methane: Yeah I saw your reddit HURR HURR long silence Oh yeah REMEMBER REMEMBER to use blue tubes.

Oh... O_O Now notice

He had a second chance with the first fail to save his +14. You would think that friend of his or his twitch chat, should have at least remind him early on to use a memory device after he got his +14. Such a shame too cause that was good rng right there.

Stream chat was trying to tell him. He didn't see.

• Yes

And this is why you don't try doing 3 things at the same time when dealing with high end gear. Entering auto pilot mode is an excellent way to slap yourself in the face.

As for restoring it, him being a streamer or having been around for a year holds zero value in judging this.
    There is no way to abuse transcending without or with wrong preservatives, so in that sense this is the same style of error as accidently dropping it, or salvaging (except if it's Crater, obviously). Enhancing and getting a Lost as a result would be the only case where malice could be involved.

• Yes

+14 is really hard.
    i played 2575 hours and still i dont experience having + 14 in any gears.
    maybe give him a 2nd chance.

• edited November 2018
    No

Definitely not. Losing enhancement level through successful transcendence isn't equal to 'physically' losing a core by destroying it. He still has the core, still has the ability to enhance it back to +14. The fact that he had to put a lot of time into getting the said enhancement level is irrelevant for the discussion because RNG is the ultimate deciding factor in any KRMMO. Due to that it really means nothing how much he spent to achieve it simply because next time he might +14 a core in less than 10 EBs.

Also for EME making such exception and restoring his enhancement would be a terrible move. This would show that streamers are better 'class' of players in the eyes of the publisher than the rest of playerbase and deserve better treatment whereas being an EME partner should be perceived as a voluntary work which comes with no additional perks that give advantage in game.

• No

@hornywatermelon said:
    Definitely not. Losing enhancement level through successful transcendence isn't equal to 'physically' losing a core by destroying it. He still has the core, still has the ability to enhance it back to +14. The fact that he had to put a lot of time into getting the said enhancement level is irrelevant for the discussion because RNG is the ultimate deciding factor in any KRMMO. Due to that it really means nothing how much he spent to achieve it simply because next time he might +14 a core in less than 10 EBs.

Also for EME making such exception and restoring his enhancement would be a terrible move. This would show that streamers are better 'class' of players.in the eyes of the publisher than the rest of playerbase and deserve better treatment whereas being an EME partner should be perceived as a voluntary work which comes with no additional perks that give advantage in game..

Give this person a medal, you said it well, being streamer by years or whatever, doesn't meant to have preferences.

• Yes

I agree that "because it's hard" is a bad reason to restore an item...
    But it still stands that they've been restoring cores for very similar reasons.
    As for saying "it's not as bad because you still have the core" I'm not sure how having a +0 t1 core while you have a t5 +13 core that you were already using makes it any better. Anyone enhancing puri cores know to enhance t0 cores so you can use eb1/gb4 and eb2/gb4 for higher success chances because you don't have to care about it blowing up. That core is a throwaway core and only has value if it becomes a +14. Having it reset to 0 from 14 means it may as well not even exist anymore.

• Yes

Of course he should +14 isn't an easy thing to get, and I'm sure anyone would bitch and moan if they lost it or they would just straight up quit. Don't forget to mention the fact that if he didn't use a shape memory device then EVERYTHING is reset: enhancement, tunes, slots, everything. It's practically useless besides it being a t5 core but then what's the point of having a useless weapon?

• milisanmilisan Member
    edited November 2018
    No

No. Don't ever want to see a situation where a player "accidentally" upgraded his gear from +13/+14 to +14/+15 and then it broke, then later come begging EME to replace it.

Highly abusable.

• No

so the guy fails without shape memory and tries again?two warnings and still acts dumb?
    fk that, dont restore the core.

all these supporters with the reason of it being hard to get +14 and hes a streamer he should get his core back
    dumb dumb dumb

• No

He clearly didn't pay much attention when transcending his core. His viewer even warned him of not using a Shape Memory Device. This clearly is a careless mistake on his side and deserves no restoration of his lost +14.

• Yes if we all get too a scot-free restoration.
    No if this is only an "exception"

• No

Downvoted. Bluepilled and unbased.

• Little bit off topic but is the best way to try +14 with eb2 or enhancement fortifications?
    I've only ever tried with the latter.

1. Did he have a shape memory device in his inventory when he transcend? The stream clip is cut to shown 3rd page with the tuning preservative already but it's not possible to initiate a transcend UI without the 1st page showing up where the shape memory device would shown. I don't know if EME can pull up a record history but for the sake of the audience, this information should be there if you're asking for their opinion.
    2. Is the response from EME or from some random? The response seems awfully irrelevant if it was coming from EME support.

My opinion is if the guy who lost his +14 or EME has a way to prove that he has Shape Memory Device at the point where he used the tuning preservative, then his +14 should be restored. No otherwise.

• No

Should any player ever receive special treatment? No.
    Should EME consider updating their accidental salvage/destruction policy to include incorrect additive usage when transcending? Maybe.

• @Shimmerz said:
    its a big no no, its this simple, you made a mistake, you cry and you get mad cause EME wont restore it for you?

I'd like to point out that there are moments where the game just cucks you in instances like:
    You got a rare drop
    You shift left click it to share it with your party/crew
    but then someone hits the retry/start dungeon button the same time you click it
    it immediately pulls up the delete screen if you are unfortunate enough to click at the same time someone else hit retry/start
    then you hit Enter
    Boom, your Item is gone

That being said, this is for deleted/salvaging items though
    I didn't know they restored enhancements too, BUT if they have been doing it for other players then Bacon SHOULD also get his +14 Restored as well.

• No longer a need for this decision + this thread.
    Bacon got two +14s a few days ago, so..

• @NJE9KG39D6 said:
    No longer a need for this decision + this thread.
    Bacon got two +14s a few days ago, so..

Oh, then yes this Thread no longer has meaning