State of Closers

Another Patch Out, another 2 weeks of bland and repetitive gameplay.. dont get excited

Comments

• Well, since there was an abuse of lvling event... Yes, no events, no Luna or Bai....
    Just log in, take vip reward, start housing+garden, and log out. Nothing that i'm interested of is here for two weeks(((

• dead game.

• I make all dailies with friends and go pvp. This is it without new content.

Its ok for me.

• Look at the news, guys! Something BIG comes)

• Am i the only one that waited for such a event? Guess whales doesn't need dungeons to farm items '-'

• Sounds like every MMO ever made, except 2 weeks per update is a whole lot faster than average. Fancy that.
    The summer dungeons were actually really good. Wonder if there's swimsuits for the Wildhüter team too now...

• @Jinyo said:
    Am i the only one that waited for such a event? Guess whales doesn't need dungeons to farm items '-'

Don't know or care about whales but what I know is that I have been looking forward to an event like this because they are great source of fuel and other goodies.

• @Christina09 said:
    So we need to wait for another 2 weeks for the current event to end before Luna will get offically released? That's pretty annoying in delay and it's very time draggy..

I seriously wonder how can Emmasse staffs assume that by dragging and delaying actual content constantly can make keep their playersbase alive by making them to think that there are more content to look forward to.. They need to face the reality on their players base' "Needs" We need new character and content badly. And if we are not going to get it, you can expect many more veteran players to quit the game, resulting in lesser and lesser playersbase because of their lost of interest due to the long waiting time and delays.

I hope they can understand this and work on it. Their current plan is seriously not working and is killing everyone with the super annoying delay and substandard event just to drag the actual content of Luna/Bai release and other content..

I blame the people who actually make the patches, Naddic.

• @Nathaniel697 said:
    Look at the news, guys! Something BIG comes)

where is this news post you speak of?

• I've been rather disappointed by the recent updates in the past few months, likely because the Season 2 story ended at Division HQ, and thus feels like the only thing left to do is raids. The Wildhuters and Puri are the only slightly exciting things I remember being releases as of late, but not everyone will be interested in starting a new character or checking out their story. I've been grinding puri for a long time now and I'm just about fed up with it cause I can barely bring myself to start contamination hell. Endgame content like this is fine and everything, but I think stuff more than raids/bosses is necessary for a more engaging experience because this has been the most boring period of Closers since I played the Open Beta last December.

• @WAKY5LXHHW said:

@Christina09 said:
    So we need to wait for another 2 weeks for the current event to end before Luna will get offically released? That's pretty annoying in delay and it's very time draggy..

I seriously wonder how can Emmasse staffs assume that by dragging and delaying actual content constantly can make keep their playersbase alive by making them to think that there are more content to look forward to.. They need to face the reality on their players base' "Needs" We need new character and content badly. And if we are not going to get it, you can expect many more veteran players to quit the game, resulting in lesser and lesser playersbase because of their lost of interest due to the long waiting time and delays.

I hope they can understand this and work on it. Their current plan is seriously not working and is killing everyone with the super annoying delay and substandard event just to drag the actual content of Luna/Bai release and other content..

please dont use "we"

an update every 2 weeks is great.

lil brat gets content release every 2 weeks, then all of a sudden, game releases costumes/events nothing else
    goes on forum and cries.

** fk off please**

An incredibly repetitive event dungeon that lasts 2 minutes with subpar cosmetics and more gacha to spend real money on isn't a particularly good content update.

• @WAKY5LXHHW said:

@Christina09 said:

please dont use "we"

lil brat gets content release every 2 weeks, then all of a sudden, game releases costumes/events nothing else
    goes on forum and cries.

** fk off please**

I don't think you get it. If you've been farming Purification every single day on over 3+ characters for the past two months you'd get sick of it too. I'm already fed up with farming puri on my alts and can barely manage to bring myself to do hell on my Wolfgang. Seriously Puri makes me wanna puke it's the same dungeons over and over again. Veterans at this point most likely have all alts maxed out with at least +12/+13 puri gear leaving us nothing to do. This game needs content not some half assed update with a new washing machine to whale on and a SA promo.

• @Elloleia said:

Veterans at this point most likely have all alts maxed out with at least +12/+13 puri gear leaving us nothing to do.

How did you maxed out your puri gear that fast? And even alts?

• @Muon There is no way he even has 1 Char maxed out yet - he doesn't know what endgame gear is so he thinks his stuff is endgame. Even with Plat and the one package in the shop he wouldn'T have finished yet.
    Stop talking about "We". You guys are a minority that's vocal on this forum. If the updates doesn't suit you then quit till their's one for your taste.

• Yes, im confused cause he is sick and tired grinding on puri already but at the same time wanted another contents for another grindfest on top of current puri grindfest he is currently doing. Maybe he is hoping puri equips will become obsolete by the next content update and hoping to skip the grind from puri because of that. If his main and alts are maxed out he probably whaled the 5k emp box multiple times on his main and his alt and currently hogging multiple top 1 TCP on his/her chars.

• the event dun> @SuspiciousScout said:

@WAKY5LXHHW said:

@Christina09 said:

please dont use "we"

goes on forum and cries.

** fk off please**

An incredibly repetitive event dungeon that lasts 2 minutes with subpar cosmetics and more gacha to spend real money on isn't a particularly good content update.

I am actually really happy about the dungeon event. the rewards you could craft from the Winter Dungeon was only available during the closed beta so not everyone had a chance to run it. plus we only had the Black Lambs and Levia back then. now there are new ice themed event weapons for 11 out of 12 characters so even closed beta players can still get something new out of it. Soma is the only character that got the bad deal for this event, no event story or new event weapons for her but that is probably cause she is so new. so the event content is fine and will easily satisfy me for 2 more weeks.

• When people say go quit. They are basically shooting themselves lol.

• Welcome to endgame grinding in Korean MMOs, everyone! hahaha
    Granted that I've only played a couple KR MMOs (this game, Elsword (quit), and Soul Worker (also quit)), the end game grinds essentially feel like the same thing, so at this point, I've just resigned myself to the pattern tbh. It traps those weak enough to commit themselves to the daily grind and repels those who have yet to fall into its spell, leaving only whales, leeches, and those who retain the dreams of a game they wanted to play and look forward to the day it gets "better".

• ReishikiReishiki Member
    edited November 2018

Im honestly fine with it
    the only thing I have issues with is pvp match ups xD
    PvE game is fine, Im already at where I want to be and gradually getting up :P
    Feels bad when I have to go up against level 1 pvpers though...
    Edit:
    That or Dead Queue

• @fullmetalone said:

@Nathaniel697 said:
    Look at the news, guys! Something BIG comes)

where is this news post you speak of?

https://closers.enmasse.com/news/posts/event-stages-across-seasons

• WaavelengthWaavelength Member
    edited November 2018

@WAKY5LXHHW said:

@Christina09 said:

snip

please dont use "we"

goes on forum and cries.

** fk off please**

Yeah, I don't understand why people want to rush character and content releases. An update every 2 weeks is super generous.

EME is releasing content WAY TOO FAST for the community's own good. We're just finally getting a stable market and puri's been out for over 2 months now. Not to mention we're super close to KR's content already in under a year since official launch of the game (game officially launched in february, not counting CA and CBT).

Here's what we currently have left in content for you impatient morons
    Luna
    Nitocris Raid
    A9 Story Part 1 + Wolfgang Raid
    Bai
    Bearland Gremory Raid
    A9 Story Part 2 + Hoffman Raid
    4th Promotion (Task Force)
    (probably forgot something, shrug)

We're probably getting Nitocris by the end of the year and getting luna before then as well. Without these filler events happening we'd be having an extremely long content drought in the future unless EME and Naddic decide to release new content from KR almost immediately after they come out (similar to CN server).

Either way, even if EME releases content faster people will still come here and moan about how there's nothing to do.

• tutubootutuboo Member
    edited November 2018

Once we get Season 3 and level cap increase, things may change but hopefully it's not too late. So many other games are coming out soon this holiday season and other mmos are still big competition for this game. We just got Soma so I'm not complaining too much but it is frustrating considering that we already know that all this content has already been released and we're still pretty behind.

I honestly think that if Closers came out way earlier before Elsword's big boom in popularity (like before LuCiel release), Closers would be the dominant action MMO but since it was released a bit late some people see it as a bit outdated and have moved on to other newer games. This is the problem with Korean MMOs becoming more global. They always release it when the hype has died down (which can't be helped unless the game is developed with a global release already in mind). By the time, it's released the game may generate a good playerbase in the beginning but it doesn't last long and then it eventually gets milked before all the fun ends a bit too soon. I'm hoping this isn't the case for Closers though as I still think it's a great game (with some major flaws no doubt), but the population of the server is a bit scary. Luna release will bring people back in though but it's probably just gonna be a spike in activity that last for maybe a week and a half.

• tbh I wish they'd slow the fuck down, but that's just me and the fact that I feel like I'm always behind and when I finally catch up on one character they drop new endgame content.

• @ShadeNightz said:
    tbh I wish they'd slow the fuck down, but that's just me and the fact that I feel like I'm always behind and when I finally catch up on one character they drop new endgame content.

This.
    Also, I got other games to play, I don't wanna fall behind on one cuz I had to play another, y'know?

• Doesn't help that we've gotten a number of event dungeons and multiple +1 events these past few months. People who play multiple chars are burnt out. EME pls stop with the +1 events. Double boost days have become double skip days ecksdee.

• KreiserKreiser Member
    edited November 2018

@ShadeNightz said:
    tbh I wish they'd slow the fuck down, but that's just me and the fact that I feel like I'm always behind and when I finally catch up on one character they drop new endgame content.

just like me i go at my own pace, then the ones who baby cry about no content are rushing so hard either swiping a loot of rlf money or playing a lot of hours then they think everybody is like them.

Game content relase is alredy very fast, seem like most of you are on dippers to remember that was or still are MMOs wich update their stuff every 4 or 6 months or haved nearly no event at all.
    Cant wait to see all the post of dead game wen this server catch up whit kr because the lack of rushed updates

• @Muon said:

@Elloleia said:

Veterans at this point most likely have all alts maxed out with at least +12/+13 puri gear leaving us nothing to do.

How did you maxed out your puri gear that fast? And even alts?

I'm not the guy you responded to, but I got all my gear to lvl 3 +12 and got the basic puri trinkets and that was more than enough for me. Puri was by far the longest grind I've ever witnessed, and just like him I'm absolutely fed up with doing that same repetitive bosses and dungeons over and over. I can't bring myself to begin contamination hell because of having more RNG bull at levels 4 and 5. You gotta at least agree that puri having this long and tedious of a grind becomes not fun to play after all this time just for how long you have to do it. I'm hoping for the Season 3 story to get here at some point for a breath of fresh air and not having raids being the only thing you have to do

• @SuspiciousScout there no separate levels for contamination hell its all one level, only replica and chain is different level.