State of Closers

2»

Comments

• @SuspiciousScout said:

@Muon said:

@Elloleia said:

Veterans at this point most likely have all alts maxed out with at least +12/+13 puri gear leaving us nothing to do.

How did you maxed out your puri gear that fast? And even alts?

I'm not the guy you responded to, but I got all my gear to lvl 3 +12 and got the basic puri trinkets and that was more than enough for me. Puri was by far the longest grind I've ever witnessed, and just like him I'm absolutely fed up with doing that same repetitive bosses and dungeons over and over. I can't bring myself to begin contamination hell because of having more RNG bull at levels 4 and 5. You gotta at least agree that puri having this long and tedious of a grind becomes not fun to play after all this time just for how long you have to do it. I'm hoping for the Season 3 story to get here at some point for a breath of fresh air and not having raids being the only thing you have to do

It is not like we are going to have different methods of farming compared to what we have now, it will most likely stay the same, grind until you cant take anymore, just watch youtube for upcoming kr updates. lvl 3 basic puri is just 20% of overall completion of puri gears far from maxed, but i think that is more than enough to breeze through story mode. For people like you the game never forced you to grind so that you can clear story mode. If you want stories why dont you make another chars so youll know the whole picture of it? I believe we have enough chars to fill you for months. Asking for new contents even though we are only half way from completing our gears is just telling those who are grinding to grind more. You dont like grinding so you are exempted, I guess. Youre happy you have another story contents, why saying youre fed up with grinding even though youre not grinding at all, thats what i dont understand XDD.

• Hi impatient moron here.

I'm playing 3-4 hours a day and that's more than enough to do purification for 2-3 characters on average. After that you have nothing else to do. If you're playing just 1 character, then1-2 hour is all you need to do everything. As of now, I have 7 characters with puri gear nearing or at 1m tcp. And that's just by playing for 3-4 hours a day. I have to admit, I'm so sick of doing puri at this point.

The problem I find in the game is that, aside from pvp, there's nothing else you can do other than the repetitive side-scrolling whack-them-all battle system. In fact pvp is all about whacking too. Normal dungeons, raids, events, even the future contents mentioned... they're all the same. if you're a veteran player, you've probably done this over thousands of times and moreso in the future.

What the game lack are "fun" activities or leisure content, in which you can blow off steam. Other mmorpgs have fishing as a mini-game but here in Closers we don't have such thing.

For example, looking at the mechanics utilized at raids, creating mini-games like 2v2 beach volleyball is well within reach and definitely programmable. But no, instead they made the same beach event where you whack mobs over and over again. In fact, this applies to all event content so far.

• @milisan said:
    Hi impatient moron here.

I'm playing 3-4 hours a day and that's more than enough to do purification for 2-3 characters on average. After that you have nothing else to do. If you're playing just 1 character, then1-2 hour is all you need to do everything. As of now, I have 7 characters with puri gear nearing or at 1m tcp. And that's just by playing for 3-4 hours a day. I have to admit, I'm so sick of doing puri at this point.

The problem I find in the game is that, aside from pvp, there's nothing else you can do other than the repetitive side-scrolling whack-them-all battle system. In fact pvp is all about whacking too. Normal dungeons, raids, events, even the future contents mentioned... they're all the same. if you're a veteran player, you've probably done this over thousands of times and moreso in the future.

What the game lack are "fun" activities or leisure content, in which you can blow off steam. Other mmorpgs have fishing as a mini-game but here in Closers we don't have such thing.

For example, looking at the mechanics utilized at raids, creating mini-games like 2v2 beach volleyball is well within reach and definitely programmable. But no, instead they made the same beach event where you whack mobs over and over again. In fact, this applies to all event content so far.

You people have to realize you're playing a game built around a stamina system without a stamina system. Of course the game gets repetitive when you're the person putting yourself through the trouble of doing things over and over again. No one is forcing you to play multiple characters everyday - you're the only person telling yourself that.

Closers was never meant to be a game you can play 24/7. If you're not having fun just stop playing. There's SO MANY other games out there too that you could play in the downtime between content updates. But nah, let's go and complain about how a game that gets a new update every 2 weeks isn't enough to satisfy you.

• PhantomVoidPhantomVoid Member
    edited November 2018

So, these guys guys are whining because the updates are every 2 weeks?. Go play Warframe and you'll know what's suffering.

• Yeah Warframe is generally about the community so people tend to stick longer and more popular. But looking here ... Puff

• comparing Warframe and Closers its like comparing oranges and tangerines though

• @salubri84 said:
    comparing Warframe and Closers its like comparing oranges and tangerines though

Yeah, I know both games are totally different, but if we compare how fast they come with new updates Warframe is the winner of SOON stuff, the Sacrifice quest took 2 years to release. But I guess once Closers is updated with all of the KR stuff the updates would be much longer.

• I don't think it's even possible to compare warframe and closers with the vast amount of differences. 2 Years for a quest, but there were plenty of other things they did in those two years which is why the quest could take 2 years to create without the game dying. lol.

• @Muon @Jinyo I don't mind the grind and I do love the game. What's boring is having to fight the same reused bosses from normal puri in puri hell. The bosses lack variety which makes makes them super enjoyable to fight. If all bosses were like Tiamat I wouldn't be complaining about fighting them but they're not. I personally think the two week update is great but honestly the content that we've gotten is pretty lazy (no offense, I blame naddic for this one). Like @milisan said if Closers had leisure activities maybe hell would've been more bearable and maybe naddic can do more with the housing feature, but for now I'll say that Closers is getting repetitive.

• If more bosses were like Tiamat or Vitus (glitchy as fuck and wastes your time), I'd probably kill myself. Don't expect anything but more of the same for WG/Hoffman or even tvt by the way. Closers leisure activities are just your typical, mindless, endless raid farming like all KR endgames(bring back aos mode naddic :disappointed: )
    If you pray hard enough, Beelzebub investigation could be super interdasting though. It sounds super interdasting atleast :smile:

• I went back to my Switch to play Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu and then Super Smash Bros Ultimate while I wait until Bai gets released but I wonder if they will be releasing the Splendor Fibers so Luna and Bai can craft her DC/SoD since they are releasing Zenith with Luna or will they be releasing another $150 USD Set like they did with Wolfgang on his release. Logically best choice would be to release the Splendor Fibers for those that can't afford the $150 USD.

• Firstly I want to point out that I'm ok having updates every two weeks with actual stuff to do than nothing. Since Puri Hell came out about 3 weeks ago it's not a surprise that we have to wait for some time for the next major update involving raids and gears, most of the players haven't got the full puri trinket set yet and most of them have T5 core/mods already while some are at T4.

I can see some people aren't really interested because of X Character is not released yet I get it but didn't they start to release characters faster now compare to early this year, I'm waiting for Bai but for me I just level/clear story/ gear alts while I wait since having alts that are geared can help with certain scenarios like Crew Dungeons, Tiamat, Gremory, etc. It can be a pain to gear alts since it takes up resources but I just do them anyways since I'm bound to do them sooner or later not to mention they will nerf gear crafting whenever a new raid comes out so I don't see the problem spending less resources to gear alts like David/Irina (as an example coming from a guy who geared like 6 characters with T3 core/mods and puri trinkets which takes more resources, if you are curious I don't whale gear I actually find time to grind mine) on the plus side you still get character teamwork bonuses. If some people only main one character I can't say anything about it other than "its your choice" since you are playing the game, if they have all characters maxed and not wanting to gear them because "it's a waste or resources" still again it's their choice on how they want to play. I can see the frustration of doing stuff over and over again I also got burnout with the game a few times so I play other games or take a time off Closers to do something else so I won't suffer from it. For Puri I can see why its a grind, I have 2 F2P friends who are busy irl both of them haven't fully caught up to Puri yet only up to Irina/David and since Puri transcendence system is purely RNG it will be hard for them to get T5 before the next raid (then again they increased the trans rates since Puri Hell was added and might increase the rates in future patches).

Another thing is that the game doesn't use stamina anymore and the obvious the game is grindy of course it will feel like a grind because its the current end game gear, compare it to PG75 and Irina/David now and previously. Check out other games and see their grind, of course games like these are meant to be grindy or else it would be boring once we get all the Puri gear and if that's the case there will be updates every week and we will hit the point where we catch up to KR and have to wait a few weeks or probably a month or 2 for a new major content that is my point of view if they did that, the point is that even if they give us major updates every two weeks it will be even grindier and some of the players will not catch up. I agree that the game is getting repetitive whenever we hit that point of the "current end game" and it needs a fun activity for players who are tired of the grind.

For the event updates so far its really lackluster tbh especially this one containing a lot of the previous costumes/accessories in the crafting station that most of them we had to grind to get it, if you did it before and just want to craft certain items/costume it would be underwhelming, to be fair I like it that they added the previous costume/accessory as a craftable because it was a grind to get them before. The only event that I like so far up to this point is the first Beach event which drops a lot of loot, enhancements, materials and events like the Cybernetic Overdrive Cube which drop its own Eyes and Wings it gave it a reason to do them compare to other events that doesn't have its own drop, what I meant by "own drop" I'm referring to the rarity and quality of the item that drops in the event so far the event now is not to do it for the drops then to do it for the craftables.

So the only thing I can think of is to make the "events" worth while to do or add in an activity that is fun and not just for the sake of grinding(contributions), for the events make the drops like the first Beach event where there is a lot of stuff that drops like mats, enhancements, costume/accessory drop because now it feels like a chore to do them and add in its own unique drop like in Cybernetic Overdrive Cube (e.g. Cybernetic Overdrive Cube Eye and Cybernetic Overdrive Cube Hologram Wings).

I'm ok with having 2 weeks of update even the minor ones like the events since I don't mind waiting and I believe they could've make the event better since its kinda grindy now and there is really no reason to do them besides for the craftables.

• @Waavelength said:

You people have to realize you're playing a game built around a stamina system without a stamina system. Of course the game gets repetitive when you're the person putting yourself through the trouble of doing things over and over again. No one is forcing you to play multiple characters everyday - you're the only person telling yourself that.

Closers was never meant to be a game you can play 24/7. If you're not having fun just stop playing. There's SO MANY other games out there too that you could play in the downtime between content updates. But nah, let's go and complain about how a game that gets a new update every 2 weeks isn't enough to satisfy you.

Mini-games can work with or without the stamina system and can be done with or without dungeon entry limits.

As for forcing myself to play multiple characters, that's beside the point. The crucial point is that it's bland and repetitive whether I've only one character or multiple ones. Some people might be able to endure the grinding for extended period of time but most people cannot. The stress from grinding will eventually build up over time until players get bored and... stop playing.

Indeed Closers was never meant to be played 24/7 but that applies to every game in existence. On the other hand, this is a very dangerous notion. Telling others to quit Closers and play another game could potentially lead the player to permanently leave the game. The ideal situation is that you need to hook a player as long as possible to the game. The longer the better. That's how a game stays alive. You don't tell a costumer to go to another patron, YOU patron them.

As for the the two-week update, I don't have a beef with it. Actually I'm happy about the speed of updates. But like what I said, the problem is not the speed but the repetitive gameplay provided by the current/upcoming content itself.

• Its funny how people find a way to complain about literally everything hahaha

This game has updates and new content / events more then ever mmo I ever played. And i'm playing mmos since 2001. Enmasse is incredible fast to give content and the fact we are cathing up KOREA is absurd.

No other game has cought KR so fast or at all in the history.

But if all this content dont satisfy you, you must start to think to change your game. Closers is not your love.

• @Nathaniel697 said:
    Well, since there was an abuse of lvling event... Yes, no events, no Luna or Bai....
    Just log in, take vip reward, start housing+garden, and log out. Nothing that i'm interested of is here for two weeks(((

Petition to change the title of this thread into " State of filthy whales who are too lazy to grind and just pay their way "

• BunnyBunny Member, Player Moderators, Player Council

I like the pace they're going at.

• I'm a person who plays other games and has stuff to do irl. I feel like this game's updated too fast, honestly, and just when I feel like I'm catching up on one character... BAM, a new one or a new tier of stuff to grind is released and I'm behind again. It's gotten the point where I'm just playing a lot less, and only using the newest character and getting their cosmetic gear so I don't go crazy trying to catch up.

On the other hand, because I play less, I pay less, and all my money's going to other games that are more casual friendly, like Azur Lane for instance.

• btw why we still don't have informations about next update that will be at tuesday11 december ?

• @Salvo1 said:
    I'm a person who plays other games and has stuff to do irl. I feel like this game's updated too fast, honestly, and just when I feel like I'm catching up on one character... BAM, a new one or a new tier of stuff to grind is released and I'm behind again. It's gotten the point where I'm just playing a lot less, and only using the newest character and getting their cosmetic gear so I don't go crazy trying to catch up.

On the other hand, because I play less, I pay less, and all my money's going to other games that are more casual friendly, like Azur Lane for instance.

I relate to your first paragraph A LOT. I don't want them to be Nexon slow with content but I hope they slow it down a bit next year.

• HadasyHadasy Member
    edited December 2018

Just waiting for the huge backlash that'll come after we've actually caught up, and content updates suddenly become much more sparse. Should expect them to add in simple events or gacha reboots far more often to have some margin.