We will be entering into a Maintenance hotfix on 11/11 at 5pm PST, and have an expected downtime of 2 hours. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/closersmaintenance

All I'll say is...

...I like claws, so I can let it go that Naddic didn't make the char a male. Not like we didn't expect them to make'em female anyways lol

Comments

• TheReapersTheReapers Member
    edited December 2018

OMG its Lu with red hair XD.
    I'm ok with this :p

• i don't know what to say,i'm tired of waiting a male character T.T,and yeah its practically a red hair lu XD

• If she's got a good skill set. I'm good. Shame she hasn't got any fur....

• @JustThere said:
    If she's got a good skill set. I'm good. Shame she hasn't got any fur....

Who knows, her empowered state might handle that for us lol

• What a disappointment, guess the lolicon fanbase is strong in Korea. Well I guess at least she have claws... :D

• HimeHime Member, Player Moderators, Player Council

While I'd def prefer a male, I'm not too unhappy about her being a loli. Her outfit on the other hand...

• LihzakiviLihzakivi Member
    edited December 2018

Hello Shana, long time no see.

@Rieid since we've known for 300 years now, that Beast will be in Squad2, story-wise the only option was for it to be a young boy or girl. Has nothing to do with lolicons or whatever, rather that female characters are more profitable than male characters overall.

• @Rieid since we've known for 300 years now, that Beast will be in Squad2, story-wise the only option was for it to be a young boy or girl. Has nothing to do with lolicons or whatever, rather that female characters are more profitable than male characters overall.

Yeah I was aware since long time about the character being a beast person, most likely female. Still, that does not invalidate what I said. People may try to make any excuse about story or whatever, but that does not change the fact that a lot of anime fans like the lolis. Even if the story say that characters are young, that most likely was planed in order to make most character the way they are and not for the sake of story telling.

It is not like I would rage quit for the character being a loli or something, but is more that I will not be hyped about it, In fact from what some other people that play Kr version told me, most if not all of future characters will most likely be female.

Also, when I say lolicon, I am not necessarily calling them pedos or anything like that. But as I said before there is a lot of guys that like loli characters, and that is a sort of lolita complex on their side.
    I guess that I am one of the few guys that likes anime, but doesn't really care about lolis, I don't hate them but they are not my thing.

• BunnyBunny Member, Player Moderators, Player Council

• Want to see her dark command out look...

• @JustThere said:
    Want to see her dark command out look...

Prob Diabla with a color change >:)
    I'd be ok with that though :p

• chain!!

• @xHime said:
    While I'd def prefer a male, I'm not too unhappy about her being a loli. Her outfit on the other hand...

This is my exact same reaction, but to a much, much more extreme degree. Like... 10x louder.

• Welcome to Closers girls online from now lol

• @Melonchan said:
    Welcome to Closers girls online from now lol

What do you mean from now on? It was over once Violet got here and gave Nata his own harem lol

• tutubootutuboo Member
    edited December 2018

UGH I wanted a dude! we need more [hot] men on the roster please -___- I'm disappointed. we don't need another tina. one of the developers has a weird "fetish." It's like they're trying to kill their own game

• It is more the korean playerbase the one with the weird fetish to be honest. Many korean mmos have a lot of loli characters.
    As example: Tera, B&S, Closers, Icarus, Bless, etc..
    The lolis sell a lot i guess.

• @LPF6AGAA3D said:
    chain!!

Woah her aoe skills look big. Maybe she will be a aoe character.

• so all wildhuter make a reference to a religion
    wolfgang= the satanic bible
    Luna= olympus/greek mythology
    soma= hinduism
    Seth= probably epyptian mythology

• VaunhauseVaunhause Member
    edited December 2018

@Kreiser said:
    so all wildhuter make a reference to a religion
    soma= hinduism

Not so sure about Luna being connected to Greek mythology. Her stuff is based off of star signs, stars in general in said star signs, as well as stuff in constellations or constellations themselves, and the zodiacs.

As far as I know, she has 1 reference to Greek mythology, which is her FM2, Ariadne's Crown, but that's sort of a stretch. The reason why is because Ariadne's Crown is also a constellation. Look up Corona Borealis if you want to know more.

As for Wolfgang, I'm not sure. Soma is 100% Hinduism though.

But Seth is completely connected to Egyptian Mythology. Her full name is Sekhmet, while her short name is Seth. The reason why is because, Koreans pronounce it "Se-ku-me-to", iirc. They took the beginning and the end, and it's just "Se-to", hense Seth. Though honestly, I don't know how accurate this is. This was on their info sheet, but I've had people tell me this is what it says. Take it with a grain of salt regardless, but it sounds right.

Sekhmet is the Daughter of Set/Seth, and is originally the Warrior Goddess of Upper Egypt. She is depicted as a Lion, which is known as the fiercest hunter to Egyptians. It is said that her breath created the desert.

That's about as much as I know, though. Just thought I'd spread a bit of info around.

• VaunhauseVaunhause Member
    edited December 2018

@Kreiser said:
    On luna besides FM2 you can find other skills related to greek
    Orion Hunt= Orion the hunter in greek mythology
    Pegasus kick = animal from greek mythology
    Hydra Rage = monster from greek mythology
    Astraea= godness of innocence from greek mythology
    Magisword Harpe= harpe was a roman/greek sword also perseus weapon was a harpe
    i can say she is greek enough for me

On wolfgang Belial is a demon from the black bible, eligos is one of the 72 demon of lemegeton and he is carring a black book wich has the evil sealed in it.

I see. Orion, Pegasus, Hydra are all constellations, too, which is why I mentioned them being mostly based on constellations and stars. Astraea meaning "Star Maiden" or "Starry Night". I forgot she was the goddess of Innocence and all that. Harpe, I actually couldn't find anything on that.

She definitely has ties to greek mythology, and it makes sense, due to her Shield being named Aegis as well, which is Zeus's shield, which was also used by/lended to Athena, iirc. Thank you for the insight.

• RieidRieid Member
    edited December 2018

@Kreiser said:

@Vaunhause said:

@Kreiser said:
    so all wildhuter make a reference to a religion
    soma= hinduism

Not so sure about Luna being connected to Greek mythology. Her stuff is based off of star signs, stars in general in said star signs, as well as stuff in constellations or constellations themselves, and the zodiacs.

As far as I know, she has 1 reference to Greek mythology, which is her FM2, Ariadne's Crown, but that's sort of a stretch. The reason why is because Ariadne's Crown is also a constellation. Look up Corona Borealis if you want to know more.

As for Wolfgang, I'm not sure.

On luna besides FM2 you can find other skills related to greek
    Orion Hunt= Orion the hunter in greek mythology
    Pegasus kick = animal from greek mythology
    Hydra Rage = monster from greek mythology
    Astraea= godness of innocence from greek mythology
    Magisword Harpe= harpe was a roman/greek sword also perseus weapon was a harpe
    i can say she is greek enough for me

On wolfgang Belial is a demon from the black bible, eligos is one of the 72 demon of lemegeton and he is carring a black book wich has the evil sealed in it.

Bai is the only one excluded since she dosnt do any reference

That's interesting. Other thing that I notice is that some of the bosses along other terms are also named based on mythology. The most obvius would be:
    -Mephisto: Also known as Mephistopheles which is known demon in german folklore
    -Tiamat: A goddes in Babylonian religion
    -Vitus: could be a reference to the Christian saint (even tho im not sure on this one)
    -Harpas: Halpas, another demon from some grimoire.
    -Astaroth: Another known demon, this one it was originally inspired by the goddes Ishtar if I am not wrong.
    -Alraune: A kobold from german mythology?
    -Azazel: Still not a boss, but mentioned in story more than once. Azazel is also another biblical term and makes reference to the scapegoat rite. It is also the name of a fallen angel according to some religions.
    -Hecatoncheir: Giants from greek mythology?
    -Misteltein: A sword from the Hrómundar saga Gripssonar.

There are probably more but can't think of anything else atm.

• PhantomVoidPhantomVoid Member
    edited December 2018

That's interesting. Other thing that I notice is that some of the bosses along other terms are also named based on mythology. The most obvius would be:
    -Mephisto: Also known as Mephistopheles which is known demon in german folklore
    -Tiamat: A goddes in Babylonian religion
    -Vitus: could be a reference to the Christian saint (even tho im not sure on this one)
    -Harpas: Halpas, another demon from some grimoire.
    -Astaroth: Another known demon, this one it was originally inspired by the goddes Ishtar if I am not wrong.
    -Alraune: A kobold from german mythology?
    -Azazel: Still not a boss, but mentioned in story more than once. Azazel is also another biblical term and makes reference to the scapegoat rite. It is also the name of a fallen angel according to some religions.
    -Hecatoncheir: Giants from greek mythology?
    -Misteltein: A sword from the Hrómundar saga Gripssonar.

There are probably more but can't think of anything else atm.

Don't forget about Gremory and Andras (Astaroth's servant). https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gremory https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lesser_Key_of_Solomon#Ars_Goetia (Andras is the 63th)
    OH! And Morax too, the mechanical boss from PG Red Stone