What do you think about the SS tuning to be released in KR?

I've heard that originally the SS tuning is already been released in closers CH, and now ofc when SS tuning is going to be released in kr definitely someday closer's NA is also gonna get that update, sounds like a pain tbh, changing, spending almost billions of credits & emp for the almost perfect A/S tunes , and now back to start by farming months again just to change the tuning to SS :/

Comments

• NatoriousNatorious Member
    edited December 2018

the fact that CHina received this almost a year ago + the ridiculous +20 enhancements will create backlash for sure since the only viable option is +11 fuels which are also sold in the shop in there but thats china if its implemented well and not a milk cow could be good if we take the Chinese route hell upon complains will arise but this community complains about literally everything so it wont change a thing.

Also this ss tuning is just for costumes and not gear like it is in China

• RukiaRukia Member, Player Moderators, Player Council

I think we would have to see how it's turn out. However it's only specific costume for now so it's not like CN server.

• I'm wondering why it's limited to Signature costumes though, since those already had an edge over other costume sets. Tho anyone who would go for these things probably already has a signature set anyway.

As long as this isn't a prelude to the Chinese system.

• HimeHime Member, Player Moderators, Player Council

When I first heard about it I was pretty worried as I assumed it was going to be exactly like China's. But KR's version is pretty different and better than what we(NA/EU) currently have. It's basically changing the grade of your tune in hopes of a higher one. It's randomized, but at least there's a chance to waste less treatments to get the grade that you want now.

• @Hadasy there's some small speculation that it's prep for Beel investigation.

• So it's basically a gear lubricant, but for tuning? That's actually interesting. Beats having to roll away A rank tunes because they didn't hit S, just to end up with something useless.

• LihzakiviLihzakivi Member
    edited December 2018

@Hadasy
    There's Direct S tune(choose your tune), then there's random D~S tune(also choose your tune), and random D~SS(rare 6/6 only, choose your tune) :neutral: uses up some tune limit. SS tunes are insane though, raw crit is like 35%, some SS are double the value of S too :weary:

If I'm not mistaken, Direct S is event only right now for new/returning players? But the random ranking ones are crafted using 50 splendids/50 splendid+10 3* plug, and some gold. Well, cost of 3* costumes are gonna spike again ;_;7

• Good for anyone who didnt bothered to spend on tunings. Cock move to those who already have S tunes after spending so much trying to min-max, it is basically a big fu of for supporting their game. Good change for big % of playerbase I think, but the timing is disgusting and predatory for those who already spent on the their game. It is not about complaining for the sake of complaining, I mean pls accept their disappointment and fact that many spenders are going to quit because of this.

• @Muon I think quitting over something like this would be an overreaction. It sounds like it's only meant for signature costumes and not every piece of gear. Why would this be the point where people draw the line, out of all the other things people spend money on? Besides that, it isn't like this renders all the S-tunes people have right now completely worthless.

• Well it's Closers, money money money money

• @YumeCi People who rolled for an S on their rare set means they want the best stat possible. S tune is indeed not worthless if we go by your point however your point is not the stats they want to get. Seeing it became sub optimal and you have to do it all over again and have to spend the same amount of money just to get what you had before is just discouraging to continue anymore. It maybe signature costume only but 4 parts of those have to retune all over again namely weapon, hands, feet and head. This change will also signal that we will get more than +15 in the future. Anyway i think youre right that it may only be an exaggeration they will quit since we will not get this in near future, the salt will probably subsided by then. God knows what top tcp on Kr server are feeling cuz they got it without any warning.

• @Muon Honestly, I think in any game you should always play with the expectation that there will be some sort of new tier of whatever added (an improvement, if you will). We're nowhere near in-game. To me, getting upset over SS tuning would be the same as getting upset every time a new weapon is introduced. I have no doubt that there will be gear beyond Purification gear, and that's going to mean more effort for the players that want to keep up. It's just how it is. I also don't think we're going to be getting past +15. I don't plan on worrying about it, in anycase. We don't know for sure.

• @YumeCi said:
    @Muon Honestly, I think in any game you should always play with the expectation that there will be some sort of new tier of whatever added (an improvement, if you will). We're nowhere near in-game. To me, getting upset over SS tuning would be the same as getting upset every time a new weapon is introduced. I have no doubt that there will be gear beyond Purification gear, and that's going to mean more effort for the players that want to keep up. It's just how it is. I also don't think we're going to be getting past +15. I don't plan on worrying about it, in anycase. We don't know for sure.

Boi, why do you think a system that never get changed since the game's creation up until now is the same to puri gears that everyone knows gets updated periodically?

• @Muon I don't understand what you're referring to. What system?

• JinyoJinyo Member
    edited December 2018

@Muon Koreans need new stuff. Harder than old ones but in grabable level for new and old players alike. I think the system is well thoughtout and as long as we got some here and there from events it's fine by me. Noone lost anything with it.

• @YumeCi said:
    @Muon I don't understand what you're referring to. What system?

Obviously costume tuning smh. IIRC this is the first time it gets updated it is natural it will create friction for those who already invested on it. Saying to suck it up because it is the same to puri gears is really out of touch. Also not every games are the same like this all you have to do is expand your game library and youll know that some successful games dont screw up their costumer badly. 3rd it is not me, I can live with it, if you didnt notice I never used "I" buy "they" as someone who understand those people threatening to leave because of this, and all of them are heavily invested players."Why do I have to roll tuning hell again after Im done with it"

@Jinyo

Like I said, it is good for majority only small fraction of it are going to air their disappointment on this. It is fine if youre not invested it is actually very good.

• @Muon I just don't think it's that big of a deal. The costumes are permanent, and once people have the tunes they want, they (presumably) won't have to fool with it for awhile. I never said it was the same to Puri gears. I said it would be like complaining about having to craft/enhance/tune all future pieces of gear just because you've already invested in your current gear. I just don't consider this actually screwing over the player base. Is this a move to generate more profit for the game? Sure. Right now, that's all I see it as.

• MuonMuon Member
    edited December 2018

@YumeCi said:
    @Muon I just don't think it's that big of a deal. The costumes are permanent, and once people have the tunes they want, they (presumably) won't have to fool with it for awhile. I never said it was the same to Puri gears. I said it would be like complaining about having to craft/enhance/tune all future pieces of gear just because you've already invested in your current gear. I just don't consider this actually screwing over the player base. Is this a move to generate more profit for the game? Sure. Right now, that's all I see it as.

It is not a big deal for you, but what about for others? Youre the only one in the internet thats why you think theyre just complaining similar to those people complaining about updating their puri gears even though in the first place updating costume tunings are never the same as those with puri gears, thats why suck it up then? Since these complainers are the same to each other. Did I get it right? How is that different from what I understood on what you said?

@YumeCi said:I just don't consider this actually screwing over the player base. Is this a move to generate more profit for the game? Sure. Right now, that's all I see it as.

Im surprise you accepted that this update only meant for cash but at the same time thinks that this move is not screwing its player base.

• As somebody with S-tunes on all of my costumes it's not that big a deal. I can solo overflow just fine with this setup, and +14/+15 is where all the real power is anyway. Plus the system as it is in KR is not that bad, I wouldn't mind slowly rerolling my costumes since it's hard to lose power.

The second they even think about bringing over +20 or SS gear tunes, I'm gonna quit.

• @Muon said:

It is not a big deal for you, but what about for others?

I wasn't trying to dictate how others feel about it. I am voicing my opinion, as people often do on forums.

Youre the only one in the internet thats why you think theyre just complaining similar to those people complaining about updating their puri gears even though in the first place updating costume tunings are never the same as those with puri gears, thats why suck it up then? Since these complainers are the same to each other. Did I get it right? How is that different from what I understood on what you said?

I never said that. People have a right to complain about whatever they want. My comparison to Puri Gear was evidently not a good one, but that was because I forgot that this SS tuning was just exclusive to the signature costumes for the time being. I never intended to imply that people had to "suck it up." If they're allowed to complain, then I'm allowed to not find this troubling.

Im surprise you accepted that this update only meant for cash but at the same time thinks that this move is not screwing its player base.

I never doubted that it was meant to be profitable. Most companies tend to do things that will benefit them the most, and that's very true for F2P game developers. What I don't agree with is that this is 'screwing over' the player base, because again, this does not invalidate the lesser grade tunings. The tunings are helpful, but not essential. You're able to play this game and succeed without having perfect S-grades. If it was something that actually handicapped the players and prevented them from progressing, then yes, it would be screwing us.

Anyway, that's really all I have to say on the matter. You're free to disagree as you wish.

• MuonMuon Member
    edited December 2018

If you agree these feedbacks are valid then thats fine. Im only correcting it because we got it out of nowhere at least for Korea and it is completely different complains from puri gears at least with puri we know fully well it is going to be updated in the future.

@YumeCi said:because again, this does not invalidate the lesser grade tunings. The tunings are helpful, but not essential. You're able to play this game and succeed without having perfect S-grades. If it was something that actually handicapped the players and prevented them from progressing, then yes, it would be screwing us.

It invalidates at least for small % of our player base. Like I said before your point is not the stats or how they want to play, they want to get the best stats so in that regard they are screwed up and have to do it all over again. And this move specifically targeted those people and if those people said this sucks ball im out of here it is understandable. TBH there is nothing in this game anymore to feed my interest aside from competing in TCP, if you said just be fine with small stats ill just leave instead, but still can compete so i wont leave for the time being however thats not the same for other people like me, they probably value their money (or if there is a F2P their efforts instead), more than you do/ I do.

• @Muon said:

It invalidates at least for small % of our player base. Like I said before your point is not the stats or how they want to play, they want to get the best stats so in that regard they are screwed up and have to do it all over again. And this move specifically targeted those people and if those people said this sucks ball im out of here it is understandable. TBH there is nothing in this game anymore to feed my interest aside from competing in TCP, if you said just be fine with small stats ill just leave instead, but still can compete so i wont leave for the time being however thats not the same for other people like me, they probably value their money (or if there is a F2P their efforts instead), more than you do/ I do.

Yes, I suppose that for that very small part of the community that can't live without making the TCP rankings, then this is momentarily troubling. Yet I could go ahead and assume (and do) that those would be the people most likely to spend the time and money on fixing it, and move on. I have no stake in the TCP and honestly kind of forget it exists, so this affects me even less. Playing purely for the TCP and nothing else doesn't make much sense to me, but different strokes, I guess.

• It doesn'T seem like a cash grab - just a way to keep players "motivated" for "new stuff" in a quick way.
    They stay online to increase their power

• BunnyBunny Member, Player Moderators, Player Council

I think the new tuning update is fine. It's quite costly, but when isn't perfect tuning costly? The system just changes the grade so rolling for a specific tune becomes a lot easier.