NA & EU Merge Questions

https://closers.enmasse.com/news/posts/na-and-eu-combine-worlds-through-server-merge

If there are any additional questions that the FAQ above did not cover feel free to ask here or join the EnMasse Discord and ask in the #support category. https://discord.gg/QutKQMA

Comments

• RumorGamingRumorGaming Member, Player Council

The reason why Bunnai opened this up and didn't include Bai is because its a wholly different issue, @Christina09 . Also, there is already a thread that discusses that. It is best to discuss things within the thread's topic after all.

• what will happen to my old crew in EU if NA has the same named crew?
    will i have all old members back (unless they have a crew in NA)?

• @XHFG5R7E67 said:
    what will happen to my old crew in EU if NA has the same named crew?
    will i have all old members back (unless they have a crew in NA)?

Due to NA priority, EU would be given the "@" symbol. I've asked regarding clarification if there's any way to change the crew's name via a name voucher of sorts, so I should have a clearer answer on that shortly. As for your other question regarding old members:

"To simplify the process, priority will be given to players already belonging to NA crews. If a player is registered to a crew in both servers, they will leave the crew they were part of on the EU server.".

• So this is an example: if my name is ChocoPie and in EU server there is a ChocoPie as well, that EU player will have name change right, so i stay as ChocoPie

• What happens if someone in EU has the same account name as someone in NA? Account names can't be changed.

• @Melonchan said:
    So this is an example: if my name is ChocoPie and in EU server there is a ChocoPie as well, that EU player will have name change right, so i stay as ChocoPie

Even if a name, in this case the ign ChocoPie, is on both NA & EU servers, the NA server will always get priority. Assuming you are ChocoPie on NA's server you'll be able to keep your name. As for the EU ChocoPie, they'll have their names changed to @ChocoPie and be given a name change voucher.

@wolfhunter777 said:
    What happens if someone in EU has the same account name as someone in NA? Account names can't be changed.

Due to NA priority, they would keep their Account Name. Eu players with the same account name would be changed to @Name. I've asked about the possibility of bringing account name vouchers to our regions, which is currently being suggested.

• What will happend with all the costumes we have in costume locker? will stay like this?

• What will happen to the items inside EMP Delivery Box?

• @Hime said:

@Melonchan said:
    So this is an example: if my name is ChocoPie and in EU server there is a ChocoPie as well, that EU player will have name change right, so i stay as ChocoPie

Even if a name, in this case the ign ChocoPie, is on both NA & EU servers, the NA server will always get priority. Assuming you are ChocoPie on NA's server you'll be able to keep your name. As for the EU ChocoPie, they'll have their names changed to @ChocoPie and be given a name change voucher.

What about character name? Is it similar to change account name?

• @5NTT35EAW5 said:

@Hime said:

@Melonchan said:

What about character name? Is it similar to change account name?

Yes. DO read their post again

• Na will get the first priority always because it is Na. Kek

• Do we get 20 character slots for free?
    Like for example if i have 13 chars in eu and 3 in na all thoses chars would be in the "world" server? ( dind't puchase any slot for chars)

• So, EU server will shutdown and "World" server will be in US? = 100+ ping for EU players?

• @Gonzoh said:
    Do we get 20 character slots for free?
    Like for example if i have 13 chars in eu and 3 in na all thoses chars would be in the "world" server? ( dind't puchase any slot for chars)

they will move all chars together, it means free slots

• @Lennethka said:
    So, EU server will shutdown and "World" server will be in US? = 100+ ping for EU players?

Yes, they will move ours' accounts to NA and name that WORLD server if I understood correctly

• Ping will be like 140-180ms for most of us

• in Pve and Pvp

• JochiraJochira Member
    edited January 2019

@Lennethka said:
    So, EU server will shutdown and "World" server will be in US? = 100+ ping for EU players?

actually no, EU and NA players have at multiple times played together, with the ping still being real good. if the ping ever gets bad, it's purely due to bad connection. speaking from experience, i'm EU and have played at NA servers before (namely Elsword), and i'm connection lagless 90% of the time. and players that have played with me also have never had any connection lag issues.

now it would be a different story if EU/NA was to play with players from countries outside of EU and NA.

• who lives in GB has 120-140ms ping too, most of us live in the middle part of Europe or farther like me.

• GonzohGonzoh Member
    edited January 2019

We actually dont really know if we get 20 character slots for free since is bad done that part
    In my case i made new chars in NA with the same nick has the EU ones ( in the same account) and now i dont know if my EU ones would get deleted because Na > EU in priority cause if we dind't bought any slot we have 13, 1 for every char of each team them after the merge my total chars would be 16 = 3 would get deleted so i want a official answer of eme if we get 20 slots of character for free to solve this thing
    @Hime @Rukia

• @Gonzoh said:
    We actually dont really know if we get 20 character slots for free since is bad done that part
    In my case i made new chars in NA with the same nick has the EU ones ( in the same account) and now i dont know if my EU ones would get deleted because Na > EU in priority cause if we dind't bought any slot we have 13, 1 for every char of each team them after the merge my total chars would be 16 = 3 would get deleted so i want a official answer of eme if we get 20 slots of character for free to solve this thing

they said that if a char is pending for deletion, so will they get deleted on merge, so you could always delete the NA chars with same name to keep your EU chars

• @Jochira said:

@Gonzoh said:

they said that if a char is pending for deletion, so will they get deleted on merge, so you could always delete the NA chars with same name to keep your EU chars

I want the @ in my nick

• RukiaRukia Member, Player Moderators, Player Council

@CNF4MALWFC said:
    What will happen to the items inside EMP Delivery Box?

Everything got moved to "world Emp delivery box" , nothing will be lost and there is no cap on how many items can be in delivery box

• RukiaRukia Member, Player Moderators, Player Council
    edited January 2019

@Gonzoh said:
    @Hime @Rukia

I assume you mean you never bought a single characters slot right ? I will ask about that to make sure. Because the 20 characters maximum char per account (those also include the one that bought characters slot , and people who have more than that got refund )

• @Rukia said:

@Gonzoh said:
    @Hime @Rukia

I assume you mean you never bought a single characters slot right ? I will ask about that to makw sure. Because the 20 ara maximum char per account (those also include the one that bought characters slot , and people who have more than that got refund )

Yes never bought any character slot. pls ask i dont want my chars to be deleted :pray:

• Is there any chance of losing our stuff?
    Took screen of everything, but want to know if there's any chance of it happening.

• RumorGamingRumorGaming Member, Player Council

In regards to Account Names being the same on EU & NA

It seems that it will follow similar protocol to character names. NA will get priority and EU will have a "@" attached to theirs (as stated above earlier). It seems to be possible to get it changed if the user desires to do so.

In regards to Costume Lockers

Due to the fact that Costume lockers are character specific, there should be no issues with it on Merge day if the character is successfully migrated.

• 754P9K9TXD754P9K9TXD Member
    edited January 2019

These decisions on the character names are very unfair for the EU players who invested time and chose to stay on the server despite the fact that the server was slowly dying due to lack of advertisement and people were migrating to NA.

I really feel disappointed because I stayed on EU only because EME was repeating that server merge was not on the agenda. And now that server merge is announced, a lot of EU players are likely to change their characters' names due this absurd priority rules.

Priority should be given to the characters which was created first and players who have to change their names should be at least compensated. Characters names are an important aspect of MMO and it will sadden me if I have to rename my main characters on this game.
    @Hime @Rukia

This merging operation looks really rushed and I regret that it was not discussed on the forum beforehand.

• LinoCrelierLinoCrelier Member
    edited January 2019

Due to NA priority, they would keep their Account Name. Eu players with the same account name would be changed to @Name. I've asked about the possibility of bringing account name vouchers to our regions, which is currently being suggested.

I'm curious.

Say I have an NA Account Name, Lin1. My EU account is my main account, and it's named Lin2. When the merge happens, which name will get priority? Will my account be called Lin1 or Lin2?

And if I have the same Account Name on both servers (Lin1 in NA and Lin1 in EU, so I'm the owner of the NA name), will the transfer make my Account Name remain as Lin1, or will it become @Lin1, given that my main account is my EU one?

Will there even be any distinction made between "main" accounts, or does it always assume NA as being the primary one (so in both instances I'd have an Account Name of Lin1)?

• I read the news post about this, but a few things that I don't completly get are:

What happens if I am from NA server and some of my characters have bank, inv and cosmetic slots unlocked?
    Do I keep those slots or do I need to take screenshots or something like that to get them back?

I want to know about this too:

@Gonzoh said:
    Do we get 20 character slots for free?

Also what happens if you have less than 20 chars distributed among both servers, but more than the ones you could have for free on each server (currently 13)?
    If after the merge I decided to delete an alt from those more than 13, but less than 20. Would it keep the character slot unlocked? Or it would revert back to being locked?