We will be entering into a maintenance downtime on 10/21 at 2:30pm PDT. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/closersmaintenance

Bai Release Date Discussion

Comments

• RumorGamingRumorGaming Member, Player Council

Oh boy.. here we go...

This is what Rumor sees on this thread

and

Wew. Very strong opinions no?

Now lets look at this calmly.

En Masse Entertainment's publication of Closers Online has enjoyed a very, very very fast release pace. To the point where Rumor has personally came up to the Product Manager and expressed my concerns and observations with him.

We have attained close to three years of content squeezed down to a year and some months. This kind of content release, as Rumor has expressed in the past before publicly, cannot and will not be sustainable and will without a shred of doubt cause a slow down in content releases at 2019. For those who have joined the EME Discord on the Closers section before, you would have seen Rumor publicly talk about this and commented on it.

What does this have to do with Bai?

Bai has been slated to be part of the segment in which a slow down in content releases is inevitable for 2019. Rumor has personally speculated on this already when Rumor didn't see a Bai release pre-2019. Do not get things wrong; content at 2019 onward will have an increased time in-between them and Bai has been planned this way for a very long time. Game content releases are finalized, at the very least, 6 months in advance of any news getting hinted or leaked. Bai is not being "delayed" or "pushed back". Q2 release window was set for Bai intentionally and isn't a "delay" what so ever at all!

Now, it is also very clear that people are unhappy with this. Let us be clear here: Any date speculation beforehand for Bai release is purely speculation and was not, in any shape way or form, confirmed dates with the backing of EME staff. Setting up expectations on such shaky foundations is just a recipe for disaster and severe disappointment. Now that this is clear to everyone, it is alright to be disappointed when your favorite character is so far from your reach (read: playable right the hecking now :wink:). However, some of the actions of some community members are questionable in their execution and reaction in regards to this topic.

Bai Winchester is not canceled nor even delayed. The amount of vitriol in regards to the decision of releasing Bai at Q2 is admittedly over the top. Users needs to look at this a bit more calmly and think about it in a more optimistic point of view

(she's sad on how some people are acting btw!)

This character will be coming out in a few short months! People can use the time waiting to stock up on this for their Bai!

People can certainly get passionate when they talk about things they are passionate about (Rumor does the same thing when Rumor talks about Lore o3o;;;) but going about it this way is just not the way to do so!

At the end of it, baring any unseen changes, Bai Winchester is slated to be released at Q2. Personal attacks against each other or aggressively demanding things will not change that. People certainly express their opinions and give suggestions. However, it is best to be constructive on it and ensuring that you do not come out sounding like one is having a tantrum for having their favorite toy taken away (even those employing passive aggressiveness) would go a long way to making your opinion heard more clearly.

Personally, Bai Winchester's imminent release is just another character that will be released for Rumor. Nothing to celebrate about but something to certainly take note. Rumor is sure that there is certainly a silent majority who agrees on this opinion. So Rumor would kindly remind those who are unduly impassioned to not include Rumor or the rest of us who don't plan on playing Bai as their main from your arguments!

Too long? Quite really! So here's a Bai Winchester Tax!

• SomaberrySomaberry Member
    edited January 16

Just to make a few things clear... yes it's not doing any good calling anyone whiners. It's good to voice your concerns, since like Hasey said... the game has been constantly releasing characters in a 1-2 months basis. Bai was expected to come around the same amount of time as estimated, but then the roadmap shows she's coming way later in time. While I want to play Bai too, I really don't mind waiting for her, but I think she should come sooner too, even if it's not in a 1-2 months frame, what actually concerns me is that we had quick pace on content release before purification, not only Bai or one character, more like a matter of the game health and playerbase, in general. But personally I think the pace at purification release onwards was great, as I see the roadmap it only makes me think that not only Bai, but content in general will be released way slower. A rushing in content is as unhealthy as really slow release, both make some people to want to quit the game. A really quick content release make players think there's no point on grinding or paying since the gear they obtained would be replaced easily soon, while a slow one would make them bored, whatever the reason is, be it a character, new dungeons, etc.

On the other hand, ''cash players'' are not above everyone. Or at least since you seem to be forgetting the f2p player base, TYDRTGEL3L. Both kind of players are needed in this kind of games for a balance. Cash players and f2p to buy stuff from them. Unless you want even more distorted black market prices. So f2p concerned about Bai is also important.

Also, while I understand it disappoints, make you mad etc. I do agree with Solbane about one thing, if you want EME to hear you, you guys need to give something constructive, not just a simple ''that's like telling us to quit the game, how this game will be alive, I'm quitting, etc'' to just name a few but yea. It'd be better if the opinions were given in a better way. Cheers.

• ZXDZXD Member

I mean, whether or not it's a "threat" or "constructive". Boycott is boycott, if you don't like how things go and you don't have the power to just go to the manager to talk, you might as well quit the game instead of pouring your money into the game while being insulted by the goons in charge of publicity.

• There's a huge difference in players waiting for a yet existing character (KR) and players anticipating for an already released character.(NA/EU). There would be no outcry if a new character (i.e. Bai) was released 5-6 months after in KR. Because she's new. But NA/EU has been wanting her for a long time and doing the same 5-6 month release will going to infuriate a lot of people. Bai has been hyped over and over even before Soma was released.

Let's be real. People are just being honest when they said they're going to quit. They're not attacking or threatening EME for the sake of attacking or threatening EME. It will happen. Not to mention Kurtzpel NA is going to be out this year, possibly the first half. Oh and Code already have Bai too.

• KhleysKhleys Member
    edited January 16

@Voiles said:
    Sometimes when I'm scared and alone I'll fill my bath tub with Prego Roasted Garlic and Herb Italian Sauce and climb in, stretching my body as far as possible while I pretend to be spaghetti. In these rough times of sonic speed content releases, I know I'll always have my tub and my spaghetti role play to keep me safe and sound.

I'm going to like your comment because I think it deserves to be noticed. u _u

Also, I guess I have to stay on topic or else I'll get a warning: I think Bai should be released earlier for no better reason than the fact that when you search for Closers on YouTube, the first two results are of Code Closers vs Official Server...

The sooner NA catches up to the home server, the less incentive people have to play on private servers.
    Also, we've already caught up at an amazing pace, so why slow down? Slowing down when all the international servers have caught up to KR makes more sense to me.

That being said, it's not EME's decision, it's naddick's :)
    If it was EME's decision, none of the international servers would be at the same update pace. (Which they are, cough)

• Really. Thanks for this, @Hime

You get it. This is how you should act.

• They apologized in their second post and tired to get back to the entire point of thread, and you peeps are still talking about it and not really returning to the point of the thread, good shit. Not what this thread is about, but okay. Express your discontent with the release of date of the character. I'm not going to say I welcome it. I wanted to see how the character plays and see if I like her as much as I like Blade Master(Aside from the fact that she uses ICE, which is FIRE), but the wait is also a good idea with current things happening, like the server merge. This also doesn't get the last character Seth to come any faster which is who I really want main because 'Claws'(Character is Irrelevant).

Game's updates have been flying at mad speeds so EME slowing down for once would actually be good and maybe slower players(Cash/FP2) can play the catch up game and not Lose. Unless for some reason the game just up and dies, you will get to play your character, just not as soon as you perceived. This gives you even more set up time, or time to play or do something else since you're already prepared. I'm just someone who is willing to wait. If you quit due to an unseen wait, the game will continue to move forward without you.

• Well, i think it's time for me to leave this game for a few months. I'm not happy with Bai delay(she's even beat Harpy's delay now xD), but i have few other games to play. Goodluck everyone. See you again when Bai come here) (farewell, my all time-limited stuff from previous year that i save up for Bai)

• Oh wow...this was a really long way trough the entire thing.

Will try not to ruin everything in here. But will still say something that i had in mind.

Bai coming later than expected..Ah well..things happen..gonna play other chars(Or just grind on Luna)
    Oh...server merge happening(good, maybe now it will be easier to find something in BM)

All i see is people being dissapointed or mad(Having any type of negative emotions in general)...But well, it is like you are all unhappy with decisions that EME are taking and yes, it can be understandable, but, you have to understand that not everything in life goes how all of us want(yeah life sucks from time to time).

And who knows..Maybe Bai gets released later because EME actually wants to release content with better quality(less possible bugs upon launch), in short term...Quality over Quantity...Maybe they are getting slower with content release to make content less buggy...

And If i am wrong somewhere...you are very welcome to clear up any wrongs i have made is this post....But before you do that...Try to imagine what would happen if YOU would be a game developer.

• a1gundama1gundam Member
    edited January 16

I'm confused why people keep saying "late release" and "delayed". There was only speculation of Bais release before the dev roadmap was updated.

Anyway, I personally think the content updates last year were too frequent and should have been slowed down earlier. Maybe there wouldn't be so much outrage/butthurt right now. We all knew the content was going to slow down sooner or later right? Just my two cents. You might not like it but I have the same rights as you do to share it.

• Stop whining about Bai and Sekhmet, we should get level cap and season story first, I know that Koreans(like 90%) play as her too. DEAL WITH IT. Let them reanimate problems. you would better care about ping problems and BM nor about characters.
    I know players who wait for Task Force for Seha and Nata that will have released soon (17th January on KR, first - Luna) and they do not complain about it, everything that EME could do: add Bai after 85 level and Wolfgang raid like it was in Code: Closers.

• I want to get everything fast too, but Eme does not release it every week. Shrug

• Seems like the forums are lit on fire every 3 months at this point. I'll go find my refuge in a moment.

Given how the roadmaps have gone in the past, I think April is the likely release month. idk, maybe just my optimism peeking out. Seeing as last year's limited time items have just run out (or are about to run out) it at least gives me time to replenish them, so I'm fine with this haha

• everyone talking about bai but where is the real waifu seth

• RukiaRukia Member, Player Moderators, Player Council

As a player council and forum moderator , first I would like to thank you for all players feedback. I think we know clearly that many players would love to have Bai realease sooner than April . The main raeson for that is "most of characters release" until this point in time is around 8 - 10 weeks apart ( 2 months give or take) . Many people are highly anparticipate for Bai . Since private server is illegal and we don't mention that in here due to rule.

I will personally promise you guys that all feedback will get delivery to Eme . However please understand that not everything can be done as you wish .

One more thing people need to take into consideration for "future contents" in general ( not just character or new area or new raid ) . We are NA/Eu server , Eme is publisher and Naddic is developer . There are thing that is need to change / make for Na/eu that it take time to do.

That's being said please let's me know if I am missing any reason/ feedback/ concern. Feel free to pm me on forum/ tag me with @ .

Thank you so much .

• @Rukia said:
    One more thing people need to take into consideration for "future contents" in general ( not just character or new area or new raid ) . We are NA/Eu server , Eme is publisher and Naddic is developer . There are thing that is need to change / make for Na/eu that it take time to do.

Thanks for noting that, Rukia, because I feel like people tend to forget this part. It's not like everything is done at the snap of a finger. There's a lot of planning and coordination that needs to go into things and EME doesn't have all the power some players think they do. If nothing else, I think EME does try to do what they can for us.

• i still have to do a loot of stuff in game and never get bored if they put some slow down to the content relase will be great for me also this give me more time to raise gold and stuff for BAI not everybody is a magical flying whale

• MomoDaakuMomoDaaku Member
    edited January 16

@Christina09 said:
    Bai was the most anticipated character for Closers. Majority were waiting for her to be released.

The same things were said before Tina got released. People were upset when EME didn't bring her out before Nata came and threatened to leave to game because "EVERYONE just waited for Tina". But was it and is it really the majority of players who wanted this? Is it the majority of players who want to get Bai? Or is it just a very vocal minority?

I don't know. I think it's good and important that people are voicing their objections and their unhappiness about the release in April. We will see if EME will listen and push her release into Q1, but I won't be upset if nothing changes.

IMO, EME should have slowed down the character releases after Violet or Wolfgang was released. If they would have changed it to three instead of ~two months inbetween, nobody would be upset about Bai's release in Q2 because this would have been just in time.

• wpjwpj Member
    edited January 16

yay bearshoes has come everything wil be fun again i miss beardshoes tho

• I just don't want EME to be rushed with releasing Bai Content, Task Force is coming so I feel the first wave will be J, Tina, Wolfgang (not in that order but who knows) but after that in April-June (Q2) there will be more TF released and the only others out are Bai, Yuri and Violet so even if Bai is released in April it will feel rushed cause she would need her Special Agent before her Task Force and so Bai - April, SA - May, June - TF just feels rushed imo and I don't want to see any hiccups or bugs with the release of these things that's why I still see Bai being released in Jan - March (Q1) to be the safest bet which will give them enough time to thouroughly work out any kinks or bugs that may occur

• LeissLeiss Member

@fullmetalone said:
    I just don't want EME to be rushed with releasing Bai Content, Task Force is coming so I feel the first wave will be J, Tina, Wolfgang (not in that order but who knows) but after that in April-June (Q2) there will be more TF released and the only others out are Bai, Yuri and Violet so even if Bai is released in April it will feel rushed cause she would need her Special Agent before her Task Force and so Bai - April, SA - May, June - TF just feels rushed imo and I don't want to see any hiccups or bugs with the release of these things that's why I still see Bai being released in Jan - March (Q1) to be the safest bet which will give them enough time to thouroughly work out any kinks or bugs that may occur

Rushed?

Luna was released December 10th and got her SA on December 19th, in 9 days. There were no large game-breaking bugs as far as I'm aware either. Enmasse has no problem blazing through promotions, lol.

This discussion has been closed.