We will be entering into a maintenance downtime on 10/21 at 2:30pm PDT. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/closersmaintenance

Bai Release Date Discussion

Comments

• fullmetalonefullmetalone Member
    edited January 17

@Christina09 said:
    If ever Enmasse do consider releasing Bai by moving it from Q2 to Q1 after deliberate discussion about the majority feedbacks in relation to the "Frustration" and "concerns" about the long waiting time for Bai release date.

I would suggest they could release Bai on 5th February - 6th February 2019 (Tuesday - Wednesday).

1. This period of time 5th February - 6th February 2019, is the beginning of Chinese New Year and it aligns with the scheduled timing of Closers Maintenance which usually falls on Tuesday/Wednesday for providing update.

2. As known, Bai Winchester is a Chinese. It would be a fitting theme to celebrate the release of a Chinese character on Chinese New Year. This can potentially attracts new players and or older players who have not been logging in for quite sometimes. Basically, it could be define similiarly as "Brand Association"
      This can be perceived as a form of marketing tactics.

What do you think about this? @BearShoes

All in all, the voices of extreme frustration and concerns in relation to Bai release date has already been heard. Now, it is up to the management committee to discuss this arising issue and or feedback that the majority has voiced previously to give a verdict on whether to change the schedule of Bai to Q1, January - March. Thank you.

They did an "Event" of sorts when they released Wolfgang, since Wildhuters are a German group there was a German Event of sorts where you get a German Flag face paint accessory ( https://closers.enmasse.com/news/posts/august-24th-patch-notes ) so this could be done the same way for Chinease Players if they decide to do it

• Honestly looking forward to the actual content of this game than new characters, I'm okay with this schedule.

• I guess the lesson for EME here is: Don't release characters too fast initially, because players will expect that frequency to be the norm from now on, and get salty when it isn't.

Personally, I'm glad that Bai will be a while. She's just another character. In the meantime I still have to get 8 more characters to finish up, nevermind getting them geared. My only request for the Bai release: If you do another leveling event for her, please give us a bit more than 1 month. Not everyone can put down 20+ hours a week on playing Closers.

• I played Closers KR for like a year and mained Harpy, and i waitied around around 6 months to play her in NA when it launched. The thing is she ACTUALLY got delayed because of the Tina vs Harpy event lol. But i guess it is too much to expect that those hardcore Bai mains, a character that got realesed just last year, wait a bit. :|

• @Vagath said:
    I played Closers KR for like a year and mained Harpy, and i waitied around around 6 months to play her in NA when it launched. The thing is she ACTUALLY got delayed because of the Tina vs Harpy event lol. But i guess it is too much to expect that those hardcore Bai mains, a character that got realesed just last year, wait a bit. :|

Also don't forget that Harpy was delayed later because of bugs xD
    That was horrible(

• VagathVagath Member
    edited January 17

@Rapheal Do you mind to elavorate more? I don't get on what basis you claim that "everyone is waiting for Bai" do you have data to back that claim?. You also claim that people will keep playing only because of new character, again how do you arrive at such conclusions? Unless you provide some sort of proof, that is just your opinion not a fact, any example from other game would be nice.

If people haven't touched the game prior Bai, unless they want to play dress up, chances are that they won't like the game even after Bai for the following reasons:

• Platinum membership is a requirement in NA, besides that you don't really need to spend more money into the game.
    • The leveling experience is whack. Repeat every dungeon 3 times > repeat until lvl 80> grind raids.
    • Endgame gearing takes 1-2 months. Lets face it, if they can't wait to the release of the character, why would they grind months for gear?
    • Tuning/enhancement rng. Sure getting +13 on everything and A tunes is not particularly hard, but if you want +14/+15 S tunes oof pick up your wallet.
    • Soviet russia black market. Items have minimum price and a maximum price that is regulated automatically.
    • NA prices. 700m for Zenith Authority(wings) lol.

With issues like i have mentioned above having Bai is the least of your worries.

• BearShoesBearShoes Member, Administrator, Moderator, EME Staff, Player Moderators

@Christina09

While I appreciate the suggestion, the time period is much too soon. Builds are created by Naddic, which take time, development, and effort on their part. The time period you propose is much too soon for that to be a possibility.

While I don't have an example of what COULD be a viable time period, again, feedback is taken into consideration, and I'm delivering as much of this to the team as I can. I'll pass this along to everyone as well.

Another thing I want to mention is that some content is dependant on other content to be released first. In this particular case, Season 3 is an important factor in the release of other content, and can be considered a "blocker" of sorts. It's absolutely true that the EME servers have not completley followed the KR release schedule, but it IS bound by some rules.

A great example of this was the branch update that happened in the middle of 2018, which brought with it a new UI and several system upgrades. Without that branch update, we aren't able to add additional content like characters, story quests, SA upgrades, etc.

• I offer my condolences to the Enmasse team for dealing with such impatient people everyday. I'm not calling anyone names so don't jump down my throat now. It's been made clear people want Bai. At this point I think it's best to not expect her before April which isn't such a long wait. Pretty sure that April - June range is set in stone but with the positive feedback from this thread it's likely she'll be out sooner than later. Remember Bearshoes said there is a lot of content coming and there's a lot of planning and preperation involved. They can't just go changing things around willy nilly.

• VagathVagath Member
    edited January 17

Again a fact is something that can be proved to be true, not your pesonal perception of things. To reitirate in my point earlier, the game as a whole doesn't change with the additon of more characters to the roster.

Now lets look at some statistics to back my claim.

Taken from steamcharts:

*Note this is an approximation since not everyone plays Closers from Steam.

October 2018

The 29th Soma joined the game, population raised to around 1k.

November 2018

After the release of Soma population dwindled to 500-600.

December 2018

The 10th Luna joined the game, population rises to the 700 mark and it peaks around 800. After that it dwindled back to 400-600.

January 2019

After the release of Luna the population still fluctuates between 400-600.

In conlusion, the latests two characters added to Closers didn't have a long time effect on the game's population. Therefore is likely to expect that when Bai comes it will not have a long term effect on the game's population.

Tl;dr People will come and leave within a month lol.

• @PP597W94LA said:
    @Vagath
    remembers that the sum had event of the 500 emp for plays to level 20.
    had many players who made multi-account to pick up the 500 emp.
    I think you can not trust these graphics...

this is true considering that there is confirmed reports of people spoofing with bots and creating multiple accounts/characters just to take advantage of the free 500 EMP Events so those numbers are sketchy to say the least considering you need to actually break down everything to the mathmatical level with knowing how to figure out how many of those people were the bots and how many were just dummy accounts/characters

• VagathVagath Member
    edited January 18

Sure i am eagerly waiting for all those potential Bai mains that are hiding under a rock, that i have yet to see evidence of their existence, that will come raiding a magical unicorn and make Closers thrive. Even better, all those Seth mains that i know that are in the thousands, because i say so, will make it so Closers is the most played game of 2019 in Steam, I am sure of it i saw it written under my toaster.

• VagathVagath Member
    edited January 18

@FishingDarkness I am sorry but can you enlighten me and show where is this real actual information to take a look. If i see and i can logically arrive at the cloclusion that Bai needs to be rushed by whatever reason, i dont have problems promoting the cause.

• GenmGenm Member

@KindlyFun said:
    its first time take this decision i playing this game since obt and i just wanted like 2 chars levia and bai and thx for EME to take this move game no more fun for me after this delay http://prntscr.com/m8pp9f
    time to quit the game

k bye

• At this point, I feel like people are playing the "Personal Attacks" card too quickly.
    Here's a thing from Deviant Art though, lets try to at least lighten the mood around here, eh?

• There is a big difference between "lazy to reply" and "unable to". But anyway, since apparently a graph that goes up and down is just rubbish lets take a look at this korean website. gamemeca As far as i know is a website that, among other things, keeps track of games populatiry in Korea.

19th of July Bai makes her appearance in Closers.

Closers makes its appearance in the rankings in position 37! Good news so far. Lets check out how early August is looking.

Well it seems its popularity has dropped a little, but oh well lets look at September.

Aaaand Closers is completely gone from the rankings.

While this is hardly conclusive evidence, it doesnt seem too far fetched to be inclined to believe that adding more characters to the game isn't the solutions to all the problems the game may have, and thus is not a pressing matter. Sure there are always exceptions and i am all for it. Why would i want the game i play daily didn't succeed?

• @Vagath said:
    Again a fact is something that can be proved to be true, not your pesonal perception of things. To reitirate in my point earlier, the game as a whole doesn't change with the additon of more characters to the roster.

Now lets look at some statistics to back my claim.

Taken from steamcharts:

*Note this is an approximation since not everyone plays Closers from Steam.

October 2018

The 29th Soma joined the game, population raised to around 1k.

November 2018

After the release of Soma population dwindled to 500-600.

December 2018

The 10th Luna joined the game, population rises to the 700 mark and it peaks around 800. After that it dwindled back to 400-600.

January 2019

After the release of Luna the population still fluctuates between 400-600.

In conlusion, the latests two characters added to Closers didn't have a long time effect on the game's population. Therefore is likely to expect that when Bai comes it will not have a long term effect on the game's population.

Tl;dr People will come and leave within a month lol.

Exactly.

• @SuzumiyaSolbane said:
    For the people complaining about the "delay of Bai" I have a few things for you.

1: BAI HAS NOT BEEN DELAYED. BAI IS NOT LATE. ANY CLAIMS OF BAI BEING IN JANUARY OR FEBRUARY WERE ENTIRELY SPECULATION. THERE WERE ZERO CONFIRMATIONS FROM EN MASSE ABOUT BAI'S RELEASE DATE. THE BEST WE HAVE IS APRIL-JUNE ON THE ROADMAP.

2: For the people who are complaining about EME having slow releases, a friend of mine and I pulled the release dates for all characters, and the release dates of quite a few raids from both servers. Here is the data, as well as how many days apart each release was:

As you can see, the games were released nearly 3 years apart. However, over time we've closed that gap tremendously. In terms of character releases we went from being around 2.86 years apart to 0.72 years apart over the course of approximately 1 year. In terms of raids we went from being 1.74 years apart to 0.61 years apart over the course of approximately 1 year. Keep in mind that with relative time data like this, you have to factor in the passing of real world time. That means that for character releases, in the time that KR had 1 year of character release content we caught up on 3.14 years of character release content, and in the time that KR had 1 year of raid release content we caught up on 2.13 years of raid release content.

We're getting raids twice as fast and characters three times as fast.

There's also one other saving grace for Bai players: There is literally zero chance that Seth comes out before Bai. If Seth does I'll dismantle all my gear on stream.

I couldn't actually wait for you to do alive stream of dismantling your gears which will be followed up by other frustrated players doing it as well this will let the history repeat itself and EME giving us an apologear booster +14 for free like in KR for those that are still playing the game :sunglasses: :smirk:

• @M7MRTF99M6 said:

@SuzumiyaSolbane said:
    For the people complaining about the "delay of Bai" I have a few things for you.

1: BAI HAS NOT BEEN DELAYED. BAI IS NOT LATE. ANY CLAIMS OF BAI BEING IN JANUARY OR FEBRUARY WERE ENTIRELY SPECULATION. THERE WERE ZERO CONFIRMATIONS FROM EN MASSE ABOUT BAI'S RELEASE DATE. THE BEST WE HAVE IS APRIL-JUNE ON THE ROADMAP.

2: For the people who are complaining about EME having slow releases, a friend of mine and I pulled the release dates for all characters, and the release dates of quite a few raids from both servers. Here is the data, as well as how many days apart each release was:

As you can see, the games were released nearly 3 years apart. However, over time we've closed that gap tremendously. In terms of character releases we went from being around 2.86 years apart to 0.72 years apart over the course of approximately 1 year. In terms of raids we went from being 1.74 years apart to 0.61 years apart over the course of approximately 1 year. Keep in mind that with relative time data like this, you have to factor in the passing of real world time. That means that for character releases, in the time that KR had 1 year of character release content we caught up on 3.14 years of character release content, and in the time that KR had 1 year of raid release content we caught up on 2.13 years of raid release content.

There's also one other saving grace for Bai players: There is literally zero chance that Seth comes out before Bai. If Seth does I'll dismantle all my gear on stream.

I couldn't actually wait for you to do alive stream of dismantling your gears which will be followed up by other frustrated players doing it as well this will let the history repeat itself and EME giving us an apologear booster +14 for free like in KR for those that are still playing the game :sunglasses: :smirk:

free +14? cant even enhance one yourself? wont even put a few dollars into the game. all you do is complain complain complain

• @WAKY5LXHHW said:

@M7MRTF99M6 said:

@SuzumiyaSolbane said:

free +14? cant even enhance one yourself? wont even put a few dollars into the game. all you do is complain complain complain

I am not even complaining :smirk: , i am just memeing these people who like to take extreme methods for something superficial and stupid because its very funny

• Gotta love how one side cites numerical data and the other cites feelings and anecdotal evidence. Sounds like a certain other hot topic nowadays, but this isn't the place to discuss that. To be frank, if a few months of waiting causes people distress, said people probably have something more important to worry about.

Anyway, I'm also one of the people waiting to give Bai a whirl, and I'm perfectly content with her current projected release date. If anything, I'd like to thank EME for giving us a break from the grind hell that was the latter half of 2018.

• GenmGenm Member

@IchiruGo said:
    @Genm no need to be sarcastic ... And I think your comment is insensible and promoting hates even tho it is a K bye @BearShoes think you understand what I mean

not really insensible
    i am just saying a goodbye in a nicer sarcastic way
    oh wait..

• @PP597W94LA said:

@Vagath said:
    @Rapheal Do you mind to elavorate more? I don't get on what basis you claim that "everyone is waiting for Bai" do you have data to back that claim?. You also claim that people will keep playing only because of new character, again how do you arrive at such conclusions? Unless you provide some sort of proof, that is just your opinion not a fact, any example from other game would be nice.

If people haven't touched the game prior Bai, unless they want to play dress up, chances are that they won't like the game even after Bai for the following reasons:

• Platinum membership is a requirement in NA, besides that you don't really need to spend more money into the game.
    • The leveling experience is whack. Repeat every dungeon 3 times > repeat until lvl 80> grind raids.
    • Endgame gearing takes 1-2 months. Lets face it, if they can't wait to the release of the character, why would they grind months for gear?
    • Tuning/enhancement rng. Sure getting +13 on everything and A tunes is not particularly hard, but if you want +14/+15 S tunes oof pick up your wallet.
    • Soviet russia black market. Items have minimum price and a maximum price that is regulated automatically.
    • NA prices. 700m for Zenith Authority(wings) lol.

With issues like i have mentioned above having Bai is the least of your worries.

About endgame

the greater of the mmorpg is the same thing to repeat to the same DG several and several times until maximum level and until have all the equipment

and doing 3x dg a day helps more players that work and does not have much time to play

About tuning e anhancement

tuning / enhancement rng? +13 with core and modules with tunes B can already do all dg in party just know how to play right with your main character

+14/+15 with S tunes are for the players want to invested in your main character or do you want that easy pick up 15 and tour S so that everyone throws themselves the raid solo?

About the 700m Zenith authority (wings)

and the price of Zenith authority (wings) for 700m gold the culprit of this are the players themselves

because the Maximo of Zenith authority (wings) in the black market of the NA and 500m, the players sells for 700m by the trade.

but this is very easy to be adjusted removes the trade between the players of the game and only leaves as the only way to trade the black market ^^

and adding the bai would be good for all players, as all the other characters that were added will have a level event giving 500 emp.

even though few want the bai to be added soon, I think most would want the 500 emp that would have with her event

Screw that 500 EMP, i want my Bai now!!!
    Really, EMP<Character. Damn, i'm gonna choose Bai over EMP even if it's gonna be "2000 EMP or Bai?"
    Because Bai is the true SWORD GIRL!)

• To sum up this thread for EME and the mods:

Some people want Bai now. Others don't care. The end!

Now can we put this topic to rest?

• @flumculus said:
    Now can we put this topic to rest?

Too much fire abound, it ain't gonna die at least til the next EME stream I think

• SolarGeoSolarGeo Member
    edited January 19

I'm going to throw my 2 cents in here right now.
    I say if possible we make a compromise. Mid March for the release.
    If not able then thats fine. Personally I can wait till April because of something Big coming out in February.

In my Personal Belief Seth should NOT have had the body type she got.
    Also i have had a couple people agree with me that We are getting a bit to many female characters.

Anyway. We all are excited for they known upcoming content. the Huge Raid, two new characters. another raid or two.
    A new season. the First - Third Task force.

But what about content we DON'T know about yet. Like the 4th and 5th TF. or maybe going to alternate realities in the future.
    Or having people from said one coming in to the current closerverse.
    New Teams and New Characters, where the story will go.

And a last few words. Try not to over hype.

• @FishingDarkness said:

@Karousl said:
    And judging from this thread. Those who protested and want Bai to be released at an earlier date instead of April to June has many likes on their comment than those opposing against Bai early release.

I'm neutral here but yea, majority of people wants Bai for early release and is annoyed with their planning on April to June for their development road map.

Valid point. Nice deduction over here. Yup, this shows clearly that the majority wants Bai to be set in an earlier release date as compared to the planned April to June 2019. @BearShoes Kindly understand this situation and forward this to the respective relevant team for discussion purpose that many wants Bai regardless of players. Be it player who have yet to start playing on Enmasse server, player who has not been logging in for long period and or your current player.

My suggestion would be Late February/Early March instead of your Pre-Planned April - June 2019 to release Bai so as to compromise this situation and to show that your team really willing to listen to the community voice. If not, this will proves the point that our concerns & voice just falls on deaf ear.

Thank you.

Dude don't be saying things like that. That last paragraph is just ignorant. EME does listen to feedback. BearShoes said several times that he is passing everything on. It doesn't mean you'll get everything you want all the time, but they do hear us.

This discussion has been closed.