Maintenance time

Does the World server ever be live today?
It extends for 9 hours already. Is there a reason to wait for it happens today, or am i need to leave it for this day?

Best Answer

• salubri84salubri84 Member
    edited January 30 Accepted Answer

this is something i never understand of the companies, they should have told that would take 2 days just in case (since its a major worklike manteniance)nad just "surprise" if its done earlier, from the start i new they werent going to deliver in time, in case of merges there is always some kind of bug/problem so they need time to sort it out, have seen several companies do the same: extend and extend and extend, etc. etc, etc

be ready for another "update" time and in the case its done by the time thet last posted(11 am pst) expect lots of bugs/problems at login/stuffs

Answers

• It'll be funny if they've messed up something like lost all EU or NA(or both?) data and trying to restore it now :dizzy:

• Years ago I played Dragon Nest EU. They had a major update happen where the cap was raised to lvl 90, and they lost all the data for every player. During the maintenance which was 6 hours long they kept increasing maintenance time, and it took them two and a half days of increasing before they announced what had actually happened. They had a back up but all it gave was your character names. So they increased everyone's chars to previous max cap, and gave everyone the best possible gears that the majority of the player base didn't have. x'D If they lose the data here as well, it's like a war flashback for me.

• I want to play Closers! now! welp meanwhile i wait imma watch tate no yuusha nariagari ;3

• I really hope they haven't lost the character data for the EU, I have a Tina that I've spent 700+ hours on. T_T

• i get off work after working all night, maintenance until 1pm pst.... ok i check 25min early, extended until reset, today's stuff gone. I've only been here a week, and they have to merge UK/NA servers, bad vibes. -.- i put off trying this game since they started giving codes last year for beta, i try and it looks like it's getting ruff already 1 year in.

• 50dogpurge50dogpurge Member
    edited January 30

they better give us some sort of compensation for the wait, like 100 EMP or something :s

• @Simon64 said:
    I really hope they haven't lost the character data for the EU, I have a Tina that I've spent 700+ hours on. T_T

and if people's characters have been lost, I really hope they can compensate for the losses.

• 50dogpurge50dogpurge Member
    edited January 30

@Simon64 said:

@Simon64 said:
    I really hope they haven't lost the character data for the EU, I have a Tina that I've spent 700+ hours on. T_T

and if people's characters have been lost, I really hope they can compensate for the losses.

I don't imagine they'd do much else but give something like 1,000 EMP for it - "sorry you lost your character you've spent almost a year on, here's a bit of EMP please don't quit"

• @50dogpurge said:

@Simon64 said:

@Simon64 said:

I don't imagine they'd do much else but give something like 1,000 EMP for it - "sorry you lost your character you've spent almost a year on, here's a bit of EMP please don't quit"

1.000 EMP? That´s a weird way of spell Yukata costume.

• @Vincentv95 said:

@50dogpurge said:

@Simon64 said:

@Simon64 said:

1.000 EMP? That´s a weird way of spell Yukata costume.

lol... THIS KEY CONTAINS THE FOLLOWING:
    ⦁ Contains a permanent Blue Wave/Jade Yukata set – This can only be used on one character – choose wisely!

I have tried like 6 keys, they all say it was claimed properly, but nothing in the emp claim box, i send a ticket, they say don't forget to select a world, code claim has no world select... oh well, i might have a yukata set, idk, but it seems to be in all they key packs, so i'd assume that is their go to comp. lol

• Meh I'm used to maintenance extensions from Nexon back in the day so this is nothing new to me.

• @a1gundam said:
    Meh I'm used to maintenance extensions from Nexon back in the day so this is nothing new to me.

i've expected continuous extensions throughout this maintenance so none of it is surprising but it's a bit annoying

• @salubri84 said:
    this is something i never understand of the companies, they should have told that would take 2 days just in case (since its a major worklike manteniance)nad just "surprise" if its done earlier, from the start i new they werent going to deliver in time, in case of merges there is always some kind of bug/problem so they need time to sort it out, have seen several companies do the same: extend and extend and extend, etc. etc, etc

be ready for another "update" time and in the case its done by the time thet last posted(11 am pst) expect lots of bugs/problems at login/stuffs

yeah, i really dont understand why every company do this every single time. they announce a tight timeframe for a giant maint and never delivery in time. They canjust say "2 days" and if the delivery is faster, people will be happy.

• server merge always takes more than an ETA

• lol, so true, could be like PW, extended maintenance, extend again, server comes back, they have to shut it down again. lol PW gives so much comp for these issues LOL... but still them needing to merge EU and NA, makes me worry. :( i don't like these kind of games, but I've really gotten into this game!

• Well after 24 hours... they finished it. No housing until Feb 11 😦 my poor exploration

• Nice, all my maid and fairy got assassinated...

• RieidRieid Member

@SaiMorphX said:
    lol, so true, could be like PW, extended maintenance, extend again, server comes back, they have to shut it down again. lol PW gives so much comp for these issues LOL... but still them needing to merge EU and NA, makes me worry. :( i don't like these kind of games, but I've really gotten into this game!

Now that you mention PW (i guess you mean perfect world). I still remember when they had an entire PWI server data wiped. They didn't back up properly so they had to do some sort of server roll back, Then they gave free codes with expensive p2w enhancement items, something like free + 13 here. People abused that and spamed hundreds of free items per account, this not only in the server with lost data, but in all of their servers.
    Then they banned hundred of players due to said abuse, a few weeks later they unban their cashers only.. :D That must be one of the worst fiascos I seen on any mmo. A few years later they got data corruption on other of their servers, and in that one it was so messed up that some people had exchanged class restricted pvp gear. Some of those people never got their characters back.
    Other time people was saying that they had gms in one of the op whale factions (guild) helping at some pvp cross server event. I was sure that was some fake post from a troll. Irony is that it was actually true, the official response from them was something like: "It was just someone from the developer team doing some testing" No wonder tha company is shoting down almost all their games.. :D

• RIP housing