Maintenance is now complete. Have fun in Bear Land, everyone!

Roadmap expanded on

Title.

Any thoughts? Personally glad we get to see this far into the future even if dates subject to change.

Source if anyone's curious

Comments

• I'm Hype

• nice lvl 85 and wolf gang taskforce.

• MuonMuon Member
    edited February 7

For roadmap and updates, I hope EME dont delay QoL much longer, we are pretty much outdated. There are no reasons to delay them even further.

• Roadmap looks pretty good, nice spread of different content throughout the months. It all looks quiet exciting especially bear land. I do hope we get some Qol updates throughout the months to. Though I do wonder if we will get an anniversary event or something. Would of imagined one would be on there.

And on the topic of Bai I don’t think there going to change her release month, they give her special treatment then Seth fans will want her early to then we end up with no character releases for a even longer time.

• Nice, content is spred so far in between that dont need to actually spend time in game. 10-20 mins a day is enough to spread across the year, i think.

• Seems weird that last year our updates came out fast, but this year they'll be coming out at a snail's pace. Example being Seth came out around December 20th~ ish. But we will have to wait til AUGUST to play her? And also the Bear Land thing that came out forever ago in KR but now we'll finally receive it in MAY.. (Yes I can read the "Dates are subject to change" thing)

Seems like a crazy amount of time to wait for updates. If the dates stay how they are, you'll need to up your event game quickly. Because doing X event dungeon, for X amount of tokens, to turn them in for X shitty event item is so bland by now. Like, how many rerererereturning event costume accessories do we really need? The neatest event so far was the Wolfdog/Blacklamb Firework one. It did have tokens for the shop yes, but it also had Server-wide buffs.

• MomoDaakuMomoDaaku Member
    edited February 7

@Icywizard said:
    Server merging is one thing. Many of my friends who introduce me to this game and this server which I was reluctantly to join because I was too interested in FGO~, I whale hard in FGO anyway. After my constant rejection to their invitation, all of them suddenly complain and asked me not to come after-all. They are from EU server and they have already quit the game because their ranking was affected due to server merging? I'm not sure how ranking works in here. So I was interested to see what does this game has to offer. And then now this map showing so little content in each month.. Oh my.. seriously what a turned off. I was lucky for being reluctant after all! Glad that I don't need to waste my money in here.

Sounds like you never played the game so you don't know wether the shown content is much or not. You still have got the whole game to play, 2 season worth of content with different stories for each of the 13 released characters.

Ranking is not a problem. Ranking (Arena, HotD, Puri) is done every week and you will show up when you put enough effort into the game like they probably did. TCP is harder, but of course they won't sowh up if they got worse gear (or don't get useless stats to blow up their TCP) than other EU or NA players.

Puri Progress is still a problem, but we haven't got a definite answer yet, so this might get resolved.

• SumaiyaSumaiya Member
    edited February 7

Bai in april huh.. guess 2 months well i think it's okay? i mean it's hard to manage life and playing closer and other games. guess i have to lie low for a bit and becoming active again for her release xD

ohh at the bottom saying, content release dates are subject to change, there is still hope peeps, no need to be salty and pointing fingers at management. that's bad

• Roadmap looks nice except for June, maybe they could separate Bai TF and move it there so its on Q2 again lol. Im surprised Seth is coming on August I expected her a bit later but new characters are always welcome.
    My only problem is how far are Task forces from each other but I think it is the same on KR or longer... looks like I will have to wait till dec or next year for seulbi and harpy TF D:
    Besides this I hope there are good events these upcoming months.

PD: its funny how people who dont play on this server have the time to check news and forum to complain and of course make sure to let us know they are whales and server is missing their money or friends xD

• Nice. If people care enough to know, JP is scheduled for Bai in July, and ID still doesn't have Soma.

In other news.. I'm surprised no one mentioned that Nexon KR is going up for sale, and companies like Tencent and EA are interested buyers. If people are familiar with how those companies operate and how their influences affect their games.. should one of those companies win the bid... yeah.

• @Icywizard said:
    I see. 15 of my friends who were in the same guild probably rage quitted the game last month because of TCP then.. As they couldn't maintain their rank after the server merge I guess? I wonder whose is it that gave such a suggestion on server merge though? Kinda bad suggestion I guess. Although, I have a question, is the content update very slow in here usually? Because from this roadmap, it seems so. So little content in every month being spread apart so far. The other mmorpg online game usually have fast content such as Elsword NA and especially mobile games too. Thanks in advance.

In theory, TCP is just a way to measure a character's strength. In reality, TCP is inflated up by stats like Cooldown Reduction or Skill Cost down and Chase that not every character has a use for, so the TCP Ranking only shows who goes out of their way to raise their TotalCombatPower as high as possible.

Updates were super fast last year, some poeple le actually got burned out by the speed. When they got thei end-game gear the next update came and brought new, much better gear. Updates hit every 2 weeks, bringing either new characters, a new event or new end-game-content. This year slows a bit down, because we are getting closer to the amount of content the original server in Korea has got (giving us ~2 years of content in a single year - check out Solbanes Comment in the Bai-thread). That's why EME slows down the content drops a little bit.

• Everyone seems to complain about the release date of Mystic and Beast being "delayed" based largely on the fact that there is several months between them and previously released characters, but no one seems to think for a moment how long it was between character releases on KR and EN. No character has come out "faster." It's perceived as "faster" simply because there was a much shorter gap between character releases on EN, but in reality there has never been a character released in under 9 months from their respective release on KR.

I'm not knowledgeable about Taiwan's history of updates, so I have nothing I can say in that regard.

While it's of little comfort, there are always things that are not mentioned in the road maps. I don't believe character balance updates have ever been mentioned. QoL changes have when there were a lot, but it's possible they only wanted to list the most desired content on this road map. Events usually are mentioned to some extent, but again, I think they're being treated as lesser content and thus not shown here. I think I've said it before, but I don't feel job promotions amount to enough to be considered a major content update since not everyone plays every character and even if they do not everyone is willing to go the extra mile of reaching each successive job promotion on every character.

• So content releases become slower in 2019. Show of hands: Who did NOT see that coming from back in 2017?
    We were playing catchup, and we've caught up pretty well. No surprise they'd start slowing down before Bai, the unfinished character's release. She still can't enter arena.

• @Karousl said:
    15 friends of yours quitting this game after server merge. That's a pretty hefty amount of people especially if they are top rankers aka Top 10 players.

That's explain why recently in the TCP ranking, most of the characters have low TCP nowadays. Previously, most of the character have the average of 3M TCP as bare minimum in rank 10th before server merge. But as of now, after server merged.. all I see was TCP below 3M. Most of the top 5 below are filled with TCP as low as 2.5m or even 2.4m. This analysis justify that many "Whales" or known as Casher have already left the game because of someone who suggested server merge, which we all know is Solbane's suggestion during one of the forum discussions previously. This is strongly supported by the statement from @Icywizard that 15 of his friends who are top ranker TCP has already rage quitted. In fact, the figure should be more as this is just a side analysis from @Icywizard. This is indeed a worrying factor and a problem to sustain the healthy population in our server.

They were talking about friends from the EU server. Top (Rank 1) TCP in EU was actually always below 3M TCP (with few exceptions). Most were in the range of 2,6 - 2,8 M. That means your observation may be right, but the comments from IcyWizard don't support this. It would mean that NA Players, who have been almost completely unaffected by the merge, have been moving away.

• @DRGJCDLX5W said:
    And on the topic of Bai I don’t think there going to change her release month, they give her special treatment then Seth fans will want her early to then we end up with no character releases for a even longer time.

EME has been known to release content early so if Bai does get released early then that wouldn't be special treatment, imo for Bai to get Special Treatment she would need to be released this month

@MomoDaaku said:

I wonder whose is it that gave such a suggestion on server merge though? Kinda bad suggestion I guess.

iirc it was some EU Players that suggested on the forums of merging NA and EU Servers on the account that EU was apparently a dead server on the account that no one was one

• @Tekniqal said:

@SuzumiyaSolbane said:
    You're 100% correct. The content needed to slow down otherwise we'd be caught up around April or May, then we're just stuck with the same grind nonstop with nothing new for god knows how long.

While I understand why updates needed to be slowed eventually, I don't think it was necessary to leave such a large gap between us and KR. By the end of the road map, we will be roughly 10 months behind KR. Some games have caught up to and remained within 6 months of the original server and if the player numbers and game's longevity have anything to show for it, the players are happy.

I agree that the gap doesn't seem to make that much sense, but Seth in August would make it an 8 month gap instead of a 10 month. With hybrid task forces in July it seems that a ~8 month gap is the end plan for things right now, but that may shorten down to a 7 or 6 month gap over time.

• I find it really sad to consider losing your place in the rankings to be a reason to quit a game. Isn't the main point to playing a game supposed to be to enjoy the game itself or at least playing with other people? I get the impression that their joy is directly tied to a sense of superiority rather than fun.

• @Karousl said:

@Icywizard said:

@MomoDaaku said:

@Icywizard said:
    Server merging is one thing. Many of my friends who introduce me to this game and this server which I was reluctantly to join because I was too interested in FGO~, I whale hard in FGO anyway. After my constant rejection to their invitation, all of them suddenly complain and asked me not to come after-all. They are from EU server and they have already quit the game because their ranking was affected due to server merging? I'm not sure how ranking works in here. So I was interested to see what does this game has to offer. And then now this map showing so little content in each month.. Oh my.. seriously what a turned off. I was lucky for being reluctant after all! Glad that I don't need to waste my money in here.

Sounds like you never played the game so you don't know wether the shown content is much or not. You still have got the whole game to play, 2 season worth of content with different stories for each of the 13 released characters.

Ranking is not a problem. Ranking (Arena, HotD, Puri) is done every week and you will show up when you put enough effort into the game like they probably did. TCP is harder, but of course they won't sowh up if they got worse gear (or don't get useless stats to blow up their TCP) than other EU or NA players.

Puri Progress is still a problem, but we haven't got a definite answer yet, so this might get resolved.

I see. 15 of my friends who were in the same guild probably rage quitted the game last month because of TCP then.. As they couldn't maintain their rank after the server merge I guess? I wonder whose is it that gave such a suggestion on server merge though? Kinda bad suggestion I guess. Although, I have a question, is the content update very slow in here usually? Because from this roadmap, it seems so. So little content in every month being spread apart so far. The other mmorpg online game usually have fast content such as Elsword NA and especially mobile games too. Thanks in advance.

15 friends of yours quitting this game after server merge. That's a pretty hefty amount of people especially if they are top rankers aka Top 10 players.

That's explain why recently in the TCP ranking, most of the characters have low TCP nowadays. Previously, most of the character have the average of 3M TCP as bare minimum in rank 10th before server merge. But as of now, after server merged.. all I see was TCP below 3M. Most of the top 5 below are filled with TCP as low as 2.5m or even 2.4m. This analysis justify that many "Whales" or known as Casher have already left the game because of someone who suggested server merge, which we all know is Solbane's suggestion during one of the forum discussions previously. This is strongly supported by the statement from @Icywizard that 15 of his friends who are top ranker TCP has already rage quitted. In fact, the figure should be more as this is just a side analysis from @Icywizard. This is indeed a worrying factor and a problem to sustain the healthy population in our server.

First if u loss ur whale rank just whale more LOL
    Second who the fuck care about TCP rank anymore OMEGALUL we all know is a rank that u reach just paying and is not even good awarded LUL

• HadasyHadasy Member
    edited February 7

The comparison with Elsword is a little unfair, since the NA server is hosted by the developers themselves. We're still moving towards that scenario though, since content will still be releasing faster than it does in KR for now. Rushing updates until you hit a wall would be much more of a shock than easing into it by pacing updates more going forward.

How many years did it take for Elsword to reach that synch in updates though? 4-5?

• So EU whales are mostly upset that they lost their top 3 animated border barrier? The same happens to NA players whenever someone below lucksacks a +15 or such. It's not like you lost TCP. If anything, it's just an aesthetic. But, if it is a bother, you could request that the 4~10 position's blue star be given a cool little animation effect and just go for top 10 if you just want a cool animation on border for your efforts. If this happened, you would need to still make top 10 though, but I think that's rather reasonable.

• I'm more upset that I don't have my Zenith frame anymore as a backup for losing the silver frame. Fix please.

• To add my 2 cents here I'm fine with the release schedule. It gives me time to do things over the summer without having to worry about missing too much in the game. I missed the Black Lambs team and Nata last year but I managed to get the permanent SO/SA costumes for everyone else. And everyones permanent Regular promotion costumes during the rampage cube event. I was taking everyone through Dimentional Ops center and it was not fun. It was a grind trying to gather the materials to craft everyones costume because it was back to back to back. I got burned out just from that and didn't even get a chance to enjoy the later game stuff. So for me a slower pace is welcomed.

• LihzakiviLihzakivi Member
    edited February 7

@Tekniqal said:

I'm not knowledgeable about Taiwan's history of updates, so I have nothing I can say in that regard.

For more recently, it's something like...
    8/23 Soma
    9/20 Soma SA
    three month gap with no content bar 1 event and 14(fourteen) different washer gachas
    12/06 Nito
    12/20 A9
    1/10 TF
    1/24 TF
    1/31 Bai

There's some speculation from my circle's end that since we were going so fast, Naddic slowed us down(and had TW speed up) to keep TW players from going crazy from discontent ;)
    TW is a real money maker afterall(also the publisher is the same for JP server, so they probably have alot of voice), even things like the snowflake eye that we can craft, has to be bought for 10bux in their cash shop, and all their deals cost more while often giving less. They could even get away with releasing 3 chain deals one after the other with no breaks(night raid, mini zenith, currently bird portrait). TW whales are super intense.
    They get like 2 washers every 2 weeks and are like 1? washer behind KR, I think they might be ahead of CN in washers...

• BunnyBunny Member, Player Moderators

I'm happy with the release schedule and also the new road map style showing us when/what's coming in order. (: