EnMasse decisions about the game. Please remain positive.

2»

Comments

• Honestly, I feel as though they're in a really bad situation. If EME releases Cybernetic soon after launch through fusion/gacha, the exclusive SoD will be a treat for those who were there to risk throwing money at the game at the beginning. New players won't be at a "permanent disadvantage", as between the two rare costume sets, the set effect is the same. The only thing different about them is the look, which is not a P2W aspect. However, EME will still receive backlash for it, as there's a difference between paying a set price and getting what you were told you paid for (exclusive SoD from founders), versus having to pay an unknown amount for essentially the same thing (Cybernetic accessories from gacha in order to complete your set). Writing that off as a founders advantage? Would people are going to accept that?

But if they release Cybernetics as a cash shop box as well? Valhalla's Courtyard at 14 (15 is at 86 iirc) is 23751%. At 20, it's 31005%. You can't hit 20 without a rare costume set. Sure, you can argue that you don't need 20 on your FM3 to play the game (as the game is easy), but that doesn't change the fact that it gives you an edge that you'll only be able to get through cash shop.

For the stamina, I hope they realized that this new system will have a huge impact on the market (more credits will be made with no account stamina limit). I also hope they realized that this will give busy players more disadvantages, not less. Sure, you may be able to level your character more freely, but gear grinding is still locked behind daily limits. This means it'll be the same for them if they miss days, so they'll still be behind on gear, but also players who aren't as occupied will be able to actually grind the stamina on however many characters they wish, every week, which means a huge credit advantage.

The lack of content is a huge issue, too. EME does realize that most of the end-game gear at PG with 60 cap is given, right? Most CBT players will come from Alpha, and Alpha players will have already played through this content. Why is it still 60 cap?

Last but not least, they need to confirm that the level 30 skill will be craftable. KR also first released them cash shop exclusive... What do you think happened? There's a reason why it's craftable in-game now.

• Oh yeah the damn level 30 skill ugh pay for a skill hope they don't do that BS.

• @Seyiah said:
    Honestly, I feel as though they're in a really bad situation. If EME releases Cybernetic soon after launch through fusion/gacha, the exclusive SoD will be a treat for those who were there to risk throwing money at the game at the beginning. New players won't be at a "permanent disadvantage", as between the two rare costume sets, the set effect is the same. The only thing different about them is the look, which is not a P2W aspect. However, EME will still receive backlash for it, as there's a difference between paying a set price and getting what you were told you paid for (exclusive SoD from founders), versus having to pay an unknown amount for essentially the same thing (Cybernetic accessories from gacha in order to complete your set). Writing that off as a founders advantage? Would people are going to accept that?

But if they release Cybernetics as a cash shop box as well? Valhalla's Courtyard at 14 (15 is at 86 iirc) is 23751%. At 20, it's 31005%. You can't hit 20 without a rare costume set. Sure, you can argue that you don't need 20 on your FM3 to play the game (as the game is easy), but that doesn't change the fact that it gives you an edge that you'll only be able to get through cash shop.

For the stamina, I hope they realized that this new system will have a huge impact on the market (more credits will be made with no account stamina limit). I also hope they realized that this will give busy players more disadvantages, not less. Sure, you may be able to level your character more freely, but gear grinding is still locked behind daily limits. This means it'll be the same for them if they miss days, so they'll still be behind on gear, but also players who aren't as occupied will be able to actually grind the stamina on however many characters they wish, every week, which means a huge credit advantage.

The lack of content is a huge issue, too. EME does realize that most of the end-game gear at PG with 60 cap is given, right? Most CBT players will come from Alpha, and Alpha players will have already played through this content. Why is it still 60 cap?

Last but not least, they need to confirm that the level 30 skill will be craftable. KR also first released them cash shop exclusive... What do you think happened? There's a reason why it's craftable in-game now.

Someone who finally gets that the games problems aren't ones revolving around SoD sets. Chris, Tell him what h's won!!!

Though the whole "Busy players still miss out" thing is a given. You're busy....hence you're going to miss out. Doing all these twists and turns just so Becky can 5 hour energy herself up Saturday and Sunday and catch up shouldn't be where they focus. Just like with poor peeps and founders, you going to have to take an L somewhere.

Busy people have money for founders, no time for games.

Poor people have time for games, no money for founders.

My L is dealing with the community (while walking on eggshells cause care bears). Everyone loses somewhere.

• I can definitely understand the impulse to voice concerns about the Western version of Closers before it fully launches, i personally just want to experience it for what it is right now and let a nuanced discussion occur as things gradually happen; -whether they be good or bad.

Other then that, i can't comment on anything that hasn't actually happened yet, so this is my only impulse at the moment which Lee Bitna will now illustrate for me:

• I can't edit my comment ughklasjdfow

@Seyiah said:
    Would people are going to accept that? Would people accept that?

Anyway.

@Gration said:

I just recall someone wanting the daily stamina limit gone because they felt that they were at a disadvantage if they couldn't play everyday, compared to someone who could. What they didn't realize is that they'll fall behind regardless because of daily dungeon entry limits, and changing out of the daily stamina system would make the gap worse. More money in the game also means higher prices for items, meaning it makes it harder for newer players to buy anything off the BM.

On a side note, you don't have to take your loss, as you're not required to deal with the community. :)

• buddy code pls

• @Seyiah said:
    I can't edit my comment ughklasjdfow

@Seyiah said:
    Would people are going to accept that? Would people accept that?

Anyway.

@Gration said:

I just recall someone wanting the daily stamina limit gone because they felt that they were at a disadvantage if they couldn't play everyday, compared to someone who could. What they didn't realize is that they'll fall behind regardless because of daily dungeon entry limits, and changing out of the daily stamina system would make the gap worse. More money in the game also means higher prices for items, meaning it makes it harder for newer players to buy anything off the BM.

On a side note, you don't have to take your loss, as you're not required to deal with the community. :)

i want to play the game, i'll have to deal with it one way or another.

• At the beginning En masse was doing a great job. But when They Added SoD to be Forever exclusive. My Motivation to play the game really went off. I really don't think its necessary to make SoD exclusive to founders. As SoD and cyber are rare costumes and do come up a lot every year. Having it exclusive is really bad. I woudent mind a exclusive costume.But SoD is very demanded. and Removing it will put off a lot of people.

• There's no way to remain positive after the 2 major (backward) steps EME decided to take already. A long 4-5 years wait for an english version of this game, crushed by the company I had hoped that would be the best for managing it, seeing TERA's state by now. Any additional false step taken and I'm out, not just with closers but with EME or mmos altogether.

• One thing I'm worried about is the fact that even just the perception of a p2w advantage can hurt the pvp community quite a bit, since it creates the belief that skill can be overcome with a fat wallet. Locking the SoD behind an exclusive (and in general costumes giving set bonuses like this) does precisely that, unless they turn off ALL gear advantages in pvp (or at least make it an option). This is not a small issue since action games like this do thrive on good pvp content.

The stamina system though has promise I think. It keeps players from level capping earlier than a week, while not creating too much of a disadvantage for those who need to do weekend marathons due to irl obligations. In addition with 5 characters to level you should have plenty of stuff to do. If you can do 119 dungeon runs at ~3 min each that's still 6 hours of play for just one character. Add pvp, enchanting, idle time, and spec-ops, and doing that for 5 characters will literally become a full time job. If you don't know how to pace yourself, and you're afraid to burn through stamina even then... you might want to get an alarm clock.

Daily entry limits on endgame content have been a part of many mmos before, so I don't see the issue there (or at least its not a closers issue), however I do agree that the endgame content needs to be expanded significantly.

• I think the whole fiasco is a lose lose for both the publisher and the players.

I do get the people that supports the founder's pack as $150 is not something you can get as easily and you want something to show for it, in this case, the set being exclusive.

What happens if a new character is released? Is it even possible to hold the box until new character is released? What if they make an exception of being able to buy the set again every time a new character is released? (which will make the founder buyers upset, but is a good money of EME)

Then there is the argument of 'stop complaining and get a job and buy it side' okay, we get it, you have disposable income and wanted to support the game. But how many or those hardcore players compared to casual ones? Exclusive locked contents would further alienate players wanted to try the game but already feels in a disadvantage until the game slowly dies as there are no new player to sustain the game as I doubt a handful of people spending $500+ a month would keep the game afloat compared to thousand people doing $5-$10 micro transaction.

Plus the NA version doesn't have that content to keep you satisfied as we only have until Plane gate 4 which players would then hit within the first day even since stamina is front loaded weekly making players burn out through the content faster and gets bored.

Not sure how successful this game would be, I got bored of it really fast during the alpha.

I am waiting both for Closers and Soul Worker online but I am now leaning more on the latter one seeing how Closers are being handled at the moment.

• OOOOkkkayy... Apparently SoD is NOT Ace bundle exclusive and will be craftable later on :o Only the other costumes and long cat are founder only.

I guess we can all stop panicking, now :D

• circuitscircuits Member, Administrator, Moderator, EME Staff
    edited November 2017