We will be entering into maintenance on 9/23 @ 10pm PDT, and have an expected downtime of 2 hours. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/closersmaintenance

I finally figured out why we got the Puri material box as a compensation.

After many weeks of contemplating and talking to the customer support I figured out why the compensation we got was deemed as correct.
I assume the production team miscommunicated or lied to the developer in regards what actually happened. We got 2 weeks of materials from the gardening after not having access to housing/gardening.
But what about the puri ops progress? We got 2 weeks of material worth from purification content. I guess you can make out the connection right now.
It's quite obvious that the production team told the developer that we also had no access to purification for 2 weeks, just like housing/gardening and so EVERY player received a compensation for 2 weeks of not being able to access purification.
As everyone knows, this is not what happened, we all had access to purification but only part of the players lost all progress they had prior to the merge.
Those players did still not get any compensation and the production team should tell the developer the truth about what happened so they can figure out a proper compensation.

Comments

• The box was meant to be the compensation for those players who lost progress. However, it'd be beyond a pain to go through the joined databases of all players and find just the EU ones, so the box was just given to everyone. NA players got a lot of free mats from it, but it's still better than not compensating the EU players.

• let all of us put our tin foil hats and like this post to bring Naddic attention to it /s(in case is not obvious enough)

• it should've affected their economy tho, almost all my friends quit cuz of the merge shit and eme still is neglecting eu

• TheQuillaTheQuilla Member
    edited February 27

@Shinoru said:
    Thank you for pointing out that EU player aren't worth to be compensated properly

2 weeks of lost purification would be 146 Substances, not 50 substances
    I heard from someone that they lost the EU purification progress and that's why they couldnt add the progress back again
    if EU was the only one given free stuff NA people would want something too and that's why they give NA people the compensation box too.

what's a "proper" compensation for you? giving free puri progress stuff? well they arent gonna do that.
    if you feel like they dont value EU players too much and gonna keep ranting about it weeks/months after merge has been done and stuff are given why dont you just stop playing?

• HadasyHadasy Member
    edited February 27

@TheQuilla said:
    I heard from someone that they lost the EU purification progress and that's why they couldnt add the progress back again

This is a unlikely though. They managed to restore the visual frames perfectly. That is also simply data, coming from the same database.
    Since frames are a simple "active/not active", that data is far easier to fix than the constantly changing progress in the multiple Purification missions, which still continued on the World server.
    This isn't a case of "we can't do this", but "we don't think the lost profits from slapping all long-time EU players in the face will exceed the cost of a developer spending a week or 2 tops to merge progress between the 2 servers".

• ShinoruShinoru Member
    edited February 27

@TheQuilla said:
    if you feel like they dont value EU players too much and gonna keep ranting about it weeks/months after merge has been done and stuff are given why dont you just stop playing?

I can criticize EME as much as I want when they act in a way that upsets alot of players and don't deem proper compensations necessary. I can still enjoy the game itself, even if I dislike the publisher of the game. Naddic is the developer that's making the game nice, EME is the one that's making the gaming experience bad alot of times, recently with the messed up merge and following bad gaming experience.

Edit: You're the one that is selling IGN (some of which are stolen due to merging name policy) aren't you ? That is also a point that EME decides is worth supporting and should be advertised through their forums. I dislike such behaviour so I will criticize it but I still keep playing the game cause I still enjoy the gameplay that Naddic provides.

• ShadeNightzShadeNightz Member
    edited March 1

What is proper compensation to you then? That isn't over the top but isn't underwhelming? Have you tried looking at more than one perspective other then your own whilst you type this?

• @Shinoru said:
    Thank you for pointing out that EU player aren't worth to be compensated properly

You are a literal refugee as things stand. Merging EU to NA was nothing but a pity service to EU players before murdering the server, perhaps an attempt at keeping the spending users over there. EU players that stayed after the merge did get compensated, the fact NA also received the items doesn't change that fact.

I assume the production team miscommunicated or lied to the developer in regards what actually happened

I assume your assumption is contrived, and most likely wrong. All things said, did you open a ticket with a complaint at least?

• ShinoruShinoru Member

@KH379J6FH4 said:

You are a literal refugee as things stand. Merging EU to NA was nothing but a pity service to EU players before murdering the server, perhaps an attempt at keeping the spending users over there.

This game was published for EU/NA by the same company, there is nothing like refugees, the original plan with EU/NA seperation was to provide better ping and attract more players. In the end their plan didn't work and they chose to have a single server to reduce the cost of maintenance. It's not like another company took over a server that didn't belong to them so your whole point is void in it's entirety. EMEs only option was to transfer the data from EU to NA. Had they simply chosen to delete EU data completely, they would've lost more money and probably lost any credibility as a publisher.

• ShinoruShinoru Member
    edited March 1

@ShadeNightz said:
    What is proper compensation to you then? That isn't over the top but isn't underwhelming? Have you tried looking at more than one perspective other then your own whilst you type this?

Proper compensation is to give players access to what they lost or something equal. The lost progress has nothing to do with the materials that we got as compensation but with rewards like phase wings/purification accessories, some malek boxes and other minor things. There is only one perspective to look from and that is the perspective of everyone who lost a huge amount of progress up to several months.

• @Shinoru said:

@ShadeNightz said:

Proper compensation is to give players access to what they lost or something equal. The lost progress has nothing to do with the materials that we got as compensation but with rewards like phase wings/purification accessories, some malek boxes and other minor things. There is only one perspective to look from and that is the perspective of everyone who lost a huge amount of progress up to several months.

Yes, I'm the one who is selling names and you cant do anything unless EME decides to do something.
    Phase wings,Purification Accesories and Malek boxes arent minor things and they can mess up the economy if given to everyone.
    I know what you're going to say: They should only give it to EU Players NA players never lost anything
    Remind you that this community fought over 1* yukatas which are as common as dirt and nobody uses them. Giving something to EU and not giving anything to NA would cause some problems.

• ShinoruShinoru Member
    edited March 1

@TheQuilla said:

Yes, I'm the one who is selling names and you cant do anything unless EME decides to do something.

I can voice my opinion as much as I want, so can others even if EME doesn't do anything about it, also it will reflect badly on EME if they ignore the bad mood in the community and protect the 1 or 2 players that sell names and make only those very few players happy.

Phase wings,Purification Accesories and Malek boxes arent minor things and they can mess up the economy if given to everyone.

I never meant Phase wings and purification accessories are minor things, minor things are everything else that comes with it like materials for crafting purification gear that you are overflowing with anyways.

They should only give it to EU Players NA players never lost anything

Ideally that would be the case because why would you give people free stuff for other peoples misery? Stuff like that leaves an incredibly bad aftertaste for the affected players, they simply feel discriminated against and think NA players are the only people that matter to EME.
    They should have chosen a better compensation for affected players, which is why I suggested an event that gives players easier access to phase wings/puri accs (the ones you only get from clearing the missions, nobody is talking about the other accessories that people are aiming for anyways) with limitations to those items (untradable, unsalvagable).
    EME should've taken better precautions to prevent this mess up because a prevention is always a million times better than trying to fix it afterwards.

• @Shinoru said:

@TheQuilla said:

I can voice my opinion as much as I want, so can others even if EME doesn't do anything about it, also it will reflect badly on EME if they ignore the bad mood in the community and protect the 1 or 2 players that sell names and make only those very few players happy.

I never meant Phase wings and purification accessories are minor things, minor things are everything else that comes with it like materials for crafting purification gear that you are overflowing with anyways.

They should only give it to EU Players NA players never lost anything

Ideally that would be the case because why would you give people free stuff for other peoples misery? Stuff like that leaves an incredibly bad aftertaste for the affected players, they simply feel discriminated against and think NA players are the only people that matter to EME.
    They should have chosen a better compensation for affected players, which is why I suggested an event that gives players easier access to phase wings/puri accs (the ones you only get from clearing the missions, nobody is talking about the other accessories that people are aiming for anyways) with limitations to those items (untradable, unsalvagable).
    EME should've taken better precautions to prevent this mess up because a prevention is always a million times better than trying to fix it afterwards.

So you want them to give Mission phase wings & Accesories to all EU players? No.
    Materials are enough since there's no way to know who was close to getting it or who wasnt. you'd basicly put someone with 0 progress and 299/300 progress in the same place.

Also didnt mean to tell you that you cant voice your opinion on it but please do it on the right thread or else this thread will go somewhere that's not intended

• ShinoruShinoru Member
    edited March 1

@TheQuilla said:

So you want them to give Mission phase wings & Accesories to all EU players? No.

Yes, via an event that everyone can access.

• @Shinoru said:
    (...) simply feel discriminated against and think NA players are the only people that matter to EME

Seems you already know the answer behind everything.

• So the same thing as giving everyone something, like they already have except it isn't phase wings and accessories. Gotcha.

• ShinoruShinoru Member

@ShadeNightz said:
    So the same thing as giving everyone something, like they already have except it isn't phase wings and accessories. Gotcha.

Exactly. Something that is actually equal to the lost progress instead of something that had nothing to do with what people lost, aka the material box.
    Making it an event with tokens that you still have to farm for is also better than just giving it away as a box, in the end you just reduce the time you'd need to grind for what people might have had soon if they didn't lose the progress after the merge.

• Yeah it's quite unfair the Puri progress is lost. I don't feel like playing puri anymore and the only thing keeping me on this game is the plat. Hopefully I get some cool accessories in future.

• @Shinoru said:

@TheQuilla said:

Yes, via an event that everyone can access.

Yeah I just saw your post on the forums and that looks good to me. Good Job!