We will be entering into maintenance on 12/09 at 3pm PST, and have an expected downtime of 2 hours. For details, please visit the following link: http://bit.ly/closersmaintenance
Dimensional Gels will expire on 12/9 at 3pm PST, as soon as maintenance begins. Be sure to use your gels now!

Lower XP Gains slightly

My first post and probably going to get some flak, but I wanted to say that it'd be nice if gaining experience was toned down just a little bit. I'm going through my third character and already far and above the level for the area (53 in Gangnam Evac). I barely do any grinding through going back to areas and get almost a level every two or three runs.

Not saying that I should be exactly the level, but hovering around it would be nice so that I can use more abilities than Sylvi Magnetic storm and clear areas. Between all the costumes giving bonus XP and daily bonuses on top of housing, toning it back would feel nicer than making it annoying, especially going through the story.

Maybe I'm dumb, I have a couple hundred hours in this so it seems a lot easier to me.

Comments

  • I feel the same about the game. Is too strange being always tons of levels ahead of the storyline.

  • Most people would agree on calling everything before level 70 the tutorial of the game. I've had many friends play and they all quit because the game is extremely easy for far too long. Rather than making leveling up slower I'd love to see an actual overhaul of balance when it comes to early game. You know, having enemies actually do some damage and or attack instead of being punching bags.

  • KH379J6FH4KH379J6FH4 Member
    edited March 12

    That's the whole point, if you have to play a game till level 77 for you to get any semblance of challenge, the difficulty progression is messed up.

    and for those who played just the beginning of the game feel much more likely you should not be accustomed to mmorpg because most are only starting to be difficult after being reached the maximum level

    Final fantasy XIV and Soul Worker are nothing like that, sounds like you haven't played many others.
    Also there is a difference between easy and outright braindead gameplay.

    and tell your friends to play raid irina (lv75) and david (lv77) so i guess they will find the game difficult

    I've told them, but they consider playing 14h of an un-challenging game to be a waste of time. I disagree with them but I can totally see where they are coming from.

  • PiccolaPiccola Member

    @KH379J6FH4 said:
    Most people would agree on calling everything before level 70 the tutorial of the game. I've had many friends play and they all quit because the game is extremely easy for far too long. Rather than making leveling up slower I'd love to see an actual overhaul of balance when it comes to early game. You know, having enemies actually do some damage and or attack instead of being punching bags.

    Yeah. Like Astaroth, the FINAL SEASON 1 BOSS. Today he is literaly a punching bag without any damage for newcomers. Some majos bosses have to do decent damage and take out some ress pills from the newbies. This makes the game more attractive.

  • KhleysKhleys Member

    I don't agree with this solely because I feel all of the main content is at 80 to max level, and I've had difficulty reaching lv80 on three characters after clearing S2 story.

  • ExeedraExeedra Member

    @Khleys said:
    I don't agree with this solely because I feel all of the main content is at 80 to max level, and I've had difficulty reaching lv80 on three characters after clearing S2 story.

    I don't know about that..because if you play S1 and S2 content to it's full extent...you should hit ~lvl 80 with your character..Soo....you might have missed something if you did not get 80 on S2 end

  • KhleysKhleys Member

    @DFPWT6ECMG said:

    @Khleys said:
    I don't agree with this solely because I feel all of the main content is at 80 to max level, and I've had difficulty reaching lv80 on three characters after clearing S2 story.

    I don't know about that..because if you play S1 and S2 content to it's full extent...you should hit ~lvl 80 with your character..Soo....you might have missed something if you did not get 80 on S2 end

    Yeah, I skip most of PG when power leveling because of long and tedious it is.
    That's why I don't want EXP rates lowered.

    Story itself is tedious enough as it is, I don't want it to be even more tedious to get to endgame content.
    I get that main campaign is fun to most people but it isn't to me.

Sign In or Register to comment.