game dead ? wondering about the playerbase, been away from game

been away from game sinse around the time violet came out... wondering how active the playerbase is sinse the merge....

steam forums keep popping up with "the game is dead threads" and im wondering if this is true? consdiering returning to game, and if i do i will prob buy some vip again, but dont want to purchase membership for a dead or dying game.... so hoping to get some info about the playerbase size sinse the merge

Comments

• fullmetalonefullmetalone Member
    edited March 26

Game is not dead, a good chunk of players left when Bai was announced for an April release date, I have not been actively playing due to me waiting for Bai (will be back in game when she is released). Come on back and play alot has been released since you have been gone though just a heads up.

Edit - to those that only read my comment about Bai, don't respond with hate or anything of the sorts to my response as I did state the game is not dead and still alive

• PiccolaPiccola Member

Its not dead and Bai realease will not change anything. Only a few under 15 yo players keep yelling about Bai in the foruns, but is not nearly 5% os the playerbase. When more content come, people will return. Content, not Bai. Bai is just another poor and almost no one cares.

• ReyvonReyvon Member

@Piccola said:
    When more content come, people will return.

This is essentially this game's biggest problem. Content is not long lasting, grindy and easy to become bored. I have quit and came back several times since alpha, cause while the game is actually good, it doesn't do well in holding the player's attention for a long time.

And I blame it on the very poor party design (can solo everything) and matchmaking (the 30 seconds are ridiculous).
    Many other mmos have terrible grind, but what keeps you interested a while longer, at least for my case? The fact you get a different party, different people, different experience every time (examples are TERA, B&S, PSO2). TERA patches take a lot longer and doesn't really increase the content the game offers, but old stuff still have high replayability which is essential to me.

Also, incoming thread lock in 5, 4, 3 ...

• @Piccola said:
    Its not dead and Bai realease will not change anything. Only a few under 15 yo players keep yelling about Bai in the foruns, but is not nearly 5% os the playerbase. When more content come, people will return. Content, not Bai. Bai is just another poor and almost no one cares.

as insignificant your answer is on the main question itself, repetitive discussion on that topic is already been closed by the mods and even eme staffs, get over with it and move on.

@KanjiTatsumi said:
    been away from game sinse around the time violet came out... wondering how active the playerbase is sinse the merge....

steam forums keep popping up with "the game is dead threads" and im wondering if this is true? consdiering returning to game, and if i do i will prob buy some vip again, but dont want to purchase membership for a dead or dying game.... so hoping to get some info about the playerbase size sinse the merge

Nope the game is not dead and has a loyal and healthy player base more so to return to the game because of new contents, new events, new dungeon (wg raid) etc. and many more :)

• I'd say 1000-1500 unique players per day

• RukiaRukia Member, Player Moderators, Player Council

This topic was brought up countless time and also got answered by many people included staffs, moderators and players. Closers isn't death by any mean. Players come and go all the time by variety of reason as well. It's just a nature of the Korean game.

I strongly encourage you download and check out yourself.

I'm going to close the topic to prevent further trolling. flaming,...

This discussion has been closed.