What's your opinion on some of the gold sinks added with the latest patch? (+10 Gear Booster = 2.5m)

As stated in the title above. For a while now, there have been a few discussions hypothesizing that the steadily increasing average prices on the black market were caused by a more noticeable increase in sources for credit gain such as tiamat boxes, puri ops, etc.
I actually noticed the change in +10 booster prices pretty late and was talking it over with some friends regarding how they felt towards this change, how it may benefit the overall health of the economy or hurt it.
One topic that was brought up was that the price of boosters, and in turn enhancing as a whole, may discourage or deter new players or possibly even frequent players.
As such, I wanted to ask you guys on your own stance towards this "credit sink"

What's your opinion on some of the gold sinks added with the latest patch? (+10 Gear Booster = 2.5m) 34 votes

Yeah, the credit sink amount is pretty appropriate and would most likely help the economy in a positive way
11%
AoiRyuuRukiacathernyanSleepyMaribo 4 votes
No, the credit sink amount is a bit too much and too sudden of a change would hurt the economy
32%
PinkParfaitDrakehLeivLynnSeulbiWaifuSoriquetShadeNightzJadeClosersPhantomVoidVerstaelRamekoGNRGRCDLKA 11 votes
I don't have any strong feelings one way or another. Just let EME handle it
35%
PengyzFateFireReki2051WisnerfullmetaloneTarasikCShaExeedraRieid7LGCACLMLNAoiAegisSansScythe 12 votes
What? They increased the prices for +10 boosters?!?
20%
EleiraMomoDaakuwpjElloleiaDEWAT9APMCDaimusCerealXKiller 7 votes

Comments

• I don't have any strong feelings one way or another. Just let EME handle it

I think the price increase will heavily affect F2P players' willingness to try enhancing their equipment. It is already expensive to try and enhance to +13, my average being about 100 eb2s and 15 +10 boosters for one +13. So my estimate for a +13 is around 400-500m. A price increase for the +10 boosters might make it too expensive for some to even begin trying. Although, we can use enhancement catalysts (the one that reduces enhancement costs, cant remember the name) to +10 an item, it is highly demoralizing to spend 1 minute to +10 an item only to have it be reset to 0 immediately. But it is also important to remember that we do not need dioxin cleaners anymore which is non-farmable, meaning that enhancing to +13 without depending on the black market is possible. I think that the price of +10 boosters should be lowered to maybe 1.5m or find some way to use enhancement catalysts.

I dont think we will see much changes to the black market due to the price increase in +10 boosters since it affects only enhancement. People are still going to sell zenith wings at 700m or the A9 accessories at 450m.

• ExeedraExeedra Member

I usually go towards +12 if i can..(If i have the +12 booster)....Or +13 if i have the chance

• RieidRieid Member
    edited April 11

Don't really think it will help or hurt the economy,is just gonna make it more annoying for f2p people, specially the ones with not much in game money.
    True is that when you want to introduce a money sink, you need to target the people that have hundreds or thousands of millions in credits, and those people most likely don't even use +10 boosters anymore.

On a side note: there is a small positive thing not directly related with this that I noticed, but still kind of relevant. If you do some of the purification side dungeons, most of the temporary gear used as placeholder that drops now is +10, +11, +12 or even +13 some times.
    While this is not something that is gonna make your average ftp fellow super op, it istill nice to have good enhanced temp gear while you are farming puri for free. Some friend was really hyped yesterday since he got a +13 beta or gamma amp for his Silvy, even tho is just a placeholder, while you farm the rial thing those extra iLevel and the damage help a bit.

• I don't have any strong feelings one way or another. Just let EME handle it

Pics or it didnt happen! Jokes aside, did you see/know of +12/13s on dropped modules? I think those would help new players more.

Also, a possible suggestion is for purchaseable +11s using credits. It would make enhancing more convenient, with higher chances of +12/13/14. Most importantly, the whales will definitely spend on it when they go on their enhancement sprees as it would be worth buying even at 10-15m per piece.

• RieidRieid Member

@7LGCACLMLN said:
    Pics or it didnt happen! Jokes aside, did you see/know of +12/13s on dropped modules? I think those would help new players more.
    Also, a possible suggestion is for purchaseable +11s using credits. It would make enhancing more convenient, with higher chances of +12/13/14. Most importantly, the whales will definitely spend on it when they go on their enhancement sprees as it would be worth buying even at 10-15m per piece.

Yes, but just your average non upgradeable modules (alpha, beta, gamma.)

The stuff in the picture is from Mirror Grabber Illusionist 5-6 (Nitocris side 5-6)

• BunnyBunny Member, Player Moderators, Player Council

How do you feel about it?

• @Bunny said:

to be frank, im still not quite sure how i feel about it. Id like to believe that they [EME] implemented this change only after crunching many numbers and giving it quite some thought. However, without any concrete reason given by a representative, we can only infer, guess, or hypothesize; this ultimately leaves us in a position of "Jesus take the wheel" or "EME you're destroying the game!" (neither of which are "good things" per say)

• RieidRieid Member

@Bunny said:

Being completly honest about some of the stuff on this update.
    - The increase price in +10 or lower: This I see it as something neutral for me and bad for casuals/new players. As I say before, in order for a creditsink to work, it need to target the people that have billions of credits and those people don't really use +10 anymore. What @7LGCACLMLN said about a +11 item it would be a really good Idea. People who want +14/+15 usually are very rich in game and they would have no problem burning credits on those, and while an item like that for a reasonable price would not bankrupt them, it will definetely drain a ton of their credits when they try to +15. At same time the item is not really op, so is not gonna make eme lose money. It would be a really good item for whales and no life grinders to help them get what they want.
    Another good Idea would be to increase the amount of items in the daily order shop and also increase the weekly points item you can exchange with credits. Of course they would need to doit in a way that is atractive to rich people, but without hurting eme's profit.

- The Drops I mention before (+11/12/13 puri placeholders): This is something good. It does help people that is farming puri and at same time is not game breaking since those items can not be transcended. The nice thing about the items is that aside from the extra damage and iLevel, the people who is poor in game can save a good amount of credits on enhancement for something that would be kind of a waste otherwise.

- 700 Millions market limit: This I see as something bad. A few days ago you could still find a few ciber/dc accessory parts for less than 350 mill or 400 at most, this even when those are not on season. Now after this update everything magically went up to 500, 600 or even 700 millions. There are even some trolls trying to sell 2* stuff like ti pilot or cat club for 700 mill :D
    So while is true that there is inflation in this game, this new cap only seem to increse the speculation for some items even more.
    With a good credit sink it would not matter too much due suply/demand and market regulating itself. But just with a few billionares willing to pay 700 for something, it is enough for everyone to try that as the default price which creates a huge problem for everyone who is not billionare, which is most of the players.

• yep delete the 700m market limit;revert back the 500m one, and implement the private bm ASAP, even if there's an item worth 700m , the remaining 200m can do mostly via personal trading, with the private bm is present, it's a win win (no lose situation both from seller and the buyer), and in the end everybody is happy.

• VagathVagath Member

It is how it is in the kr server, it wasn't their idea/initiative. I have to admit is pretty hilarious to see people charging 700m for Cyber wings.