The Harpas Skins are locked behind a paywall, yet were FREE in Korea

edited May 6 in General Discussion

Why do you feel obligated to make everything, and I mean everything literally, cost an obscene amount of money? Roughly $250 to get the Harpas portrait skin in our region, but on the other hand it costs Korean Closers Players nothing out of pocket. As they got their Harpas Skins from a Halloween Event.

Comments

• GenmGenm Member
    edited May 6

what do you mean behind paywall?

its clearly stated in the patch notes that you can craft the Tindalos Armband
    and clearly states that in order to get the Harpas Image it has to be upgraded to 3-Star Costume

its just the arrangement of postage of the Images are off lol

• 7MJYAJR3EK7MJYAJR3EK Member

@Genm said:
    and clearly states that in order to get the Harpas Image it has to be upgraded to 3-Star Costume

Your information about how to obtain the TINDALOS armband is correct about being from the event.
    However look further on the page, the HARPAS armband is behind the chain discount, which as the OP states is a paywall.

• GenmGenm Member

@7MJYAJR3EK said:

@Genm said:

Your information about how to obtain the TINDALOS armband is correct about being from the event.
    However look further on the page, the HARPAS armband is behind the chain discount, which as the OP states is a paywall.

oh i get it now
    the Tindalos is the Free One
    while the Harpas is the paywall one, thou not really gonna be baited by it

• 59K34YTDKH59K34YTDKH Member

@Muryoku said:
    I know it's cool and all to paint Eme as the big bad these days but.

The Halphas armband was originally behind a paywall in KR also (Also a KR Chain deal) and was later on made craftable.

The Halphas armband was never behind a paywall in KR. It came out in the 2018 Halloween event where it was craftable.

• LoadedGamerLoadedGamer Member
    edited May 7

@SansScythe said:

@LoadedGamer said:
    You know its two different companies ? just because the KR publisher did it.... You can always go play on the Korean server, OR enjoy the game as we get it.

You've already stopped to think that you are talking to the players "You can always go play on the Korean server" means - player serves NA?

and with - player playing the NA serves the chances of it being closed increases?

I have been playing games and Korean MMO's probably longer than most (and on non NA servers more than most). I see the same toxic crap about we don't get things they way they do, from people that just want something to complain about. From Release's to Updates, costumes w/e, the same "type" of people complain... Toxic people breed due to toxic thoughts and posts.

EME is a publisher that invested time and money into bringing this game to us to enjoy. If you don't want to enjoy it then why complain or make comments, just go some where else.

The fact is if less toxic people means the game will close? It would have closed any way, because of people not wanting to support (via store or community). So your point is moot.

• VagathVagath Member

To be fair costemic stuff is probably their main source of income, asuming that most people buy gatcha for costumes. The difference with the Tiamat pet is that it is the best pet in the game and was given for free in korea. Here they locked behind a paywall and they also had the nerve to advertise it like "buy this pack for the best pet in the game".

Just as a side note, i can't really wrap my head around the idea that people defend anti consumer friendly practices...

• Wait so its ok for you guys to attack people (at En Masse) because they made a item in a game they publish payfor? How dare they! I am simply saying it gets you guys no where. Oh wait I must be "defending anti consumer friendly practices" you kids are a riot. I am defending the fact if the game makes no money guess we all will be playing on KR servers. I am defending a company that have put out two games now that I have put far to many hours into and even some money when I can. So hate me for that all you want, I would like to see them around for years to come to maybe port over another really good KR game.

What if the Original poster simply asked " KR publishers made this part of the Holloween event, will we have that chance to obtain it in game"......

I also suggest you look up the word Ignorant @SansScythe. Then come at me and explain how I am because well just because you need to educate you self.

-Cheers go have some beers and chill the F out

• VagathVagath Member
    edited May 7

I didnt mean it to sound like an insult, i am sorry.

The thing is that giving away stuff in-game literally has no cost to them. They don't develop anything really, as far as i know, everything is recycled content from korea .I don't think they deserve a standing ovation for taking something already done and put a price tag to it.

• Now your talking about a private trade system that would benefit the game/community ....Something that I believe they are working on trying to get to us?

So you change subjects to make your point valid about them charging for a pet... and if you don't voice your opinion nothing will change... to a feature that's needed in game...

*sighs
    *walks off muttering

edited May 7

@Vagath said:
    I didnt mean it to sound like an insult, i am sorry.

The thing is that giving away stuff in-game literally has no cost to them. They don't develop anything really, as far as i know, everything is recycled content from korea .I don't think they deserve a standing ovation for taking something already done and put a price tag to it.

WAIT HOLD UP!!! You don't think EME has to Pay for content? wow this is where the issue lies with so many people I guess.

You think Naddic Games just gave this game to them to make money on? I don't know what the contract looks like or what kinda payments they have to make. I will tell you they have one and they PAY Naddic money for content some form or way.

You think the gas/water/electric at EME is payed for by Naddic Games? How about a small staff day in day out salary or paychecks?

Honestly more money can go into Publishing a game vs developing the damn thing. Marketing/Staff/Server Hosting/Testing I could go on and on.

Like I have said I have been playing KR ports for decades, I have seen what first hand raping a community looks like in a game thats f2p. This is not even close, sorry you dont get your pet for free really my heart bleeds for you.

Eme does what they have to do and the games they choose seem to have a nice feel to the markets (mostly cosmetics $$) try playing a game that to advance you have to spend 100$. I can play 100% of the content in this game for free. FREE PERIOD, not 60$ here 40$ expansion another 60$ vip pass for 2 more expansions later next year. FREE FREE FREE.

I dont mean to sound like a fan boy here cause I could take this and post on any small publishing companies forum.

This is what IGNORANCE is people.

PS: sorry I will stop now but FFS

• VagathVagath Member

You literally didn't even read anything of what i just write, and you are just putting words in my mouth. Therefore i won't look into this petty discussion any further. Have a nice day.

edited May 7

@Vagath said:
    You literally didn't even read anything of what i just write, and you are just putting words in my mouth. Therefore i won't look into this petty discussion any further. Have a nice day.

Don't use the word literally if you don't want people to take you literal.....

• lspiratelspirate Member
    edited May 7

I agree with LoadedGamer. We need to see and saw things places right. We have here publisher that want to listen players, but players usualy pays back badly things.

For example I want to remember You all situation with German localization. Was players want's it? Yeah! Was players ask publisher many times? Yes! Publisher prepared German localization? True! Whats finally statistics?! Most of German players still played Eng version! But this thing not free cost to prepare it to players. Also it's included cooperation with Developer whom reworked locale change ingame system. But players don't know what they want and dont want to think about others.

I'm here over 1 Year and saw how people wants more and MORE as far as going updates and changes. Nobody wants to wait! We need all and here asap and free! It's so strange... Today we want one. Tomorrow we want another and forget about last. Anyway I don't want to remember some situations that costs publisher more that German translation and inegration - when Players was use many tricks to lie publisher and get a lot of profit. Old players good know about what I wrote, but anyway all You still have a lot of free stuff in game, events and possibilities without fully p2w-mode game xD

New players can dont know all, but anyway after all such things publisher want to work with community. And if some persons in community want to say a lot of bad and toxic things, there no positive results of this words. Some of you can say that all things need to be free. After this game will close, because there no need to pay for 100% free things. Some of you can say that we need MORE rewards/rates e t.c, but after thin avg players will be different from this and close to top. Are It's interesting? I thint that no. Some of you can want to functions that you dont know - need or not. For example....Private BM have one BAD result: we can lose 50%+ from current BM listings. Why players need to yse bublick BM if they can Use Private? O_O As result: no items on BM and many bad posts on forum. Are you really know what publisher need to do and what need to select? It's not easy to found balanced solution and include all in it, but Enmasse try hard to doing best. Some of you can say that it's goot deciesion going to KR, but you dont think about things after. I remember some players which saying that here are small count of players (before servers merge and on EU server), but in some time this players say all to new players that better to going to KR from start. From WHERE new players can come here if from first steps listen that here bad server and better going some else? There no no logic in many such situations.

And, yes, if we want to have fun all here, we need to discuss things and if we want anything, we need to convert our thounghts to rational idea and suggestion. If we will doing things in this maner, we can communicate with publisher good and we all will be in good mood. Publisher and developer will be have ways to grown higher and recieve new possibilities, and players will recieve a lot good stuff, stable servers for many years and stable ingame "ecosystem". As we can see, players in communiti have very important role for resolve many troubles, but if players an common select "wrong way" (with ilogical messages, betrayal e t.c.) , nobody will be happy ._.

• I tried to play the Final Fantasy Online MMO and to play that you need to pay $60 to get the game (you get like a month free to play w/ it iirc) and then you need to pay around $30 or so just so you can get time to play said game or else you can't even access the servers needless to say I stopped playing the game after my free time was up

edited May 7

@fullmetalone said:
    I tried to play the Final Fantasy Online MMO and to play that you need to pay $60 to get the game (you get like a month free to play w/ it iirc) and then you need to pay around $30 or so just so you can get time to play said game or else you can't even access the servers needless to say I stopped playing the game after my free time was up

I with my friends played SoulWorker while beta and after. I can say that we are happy here with enmasse as publisher because GameForge with SW many nave NO any interests in working with community. Free costumes? None! Free materials? None! Publisher feedback? None. Mass p2w and NOTHING to players. 9k players drops game in one-two week aftersome "awesome" updates. 90% of playerbase. We all remember hoh we reciewe good costumes that after month changed to trash-costumes because "mistake" ("We gave you wrong costumes! We need take it back!"). We all remember skill reset tikets that reset ONLY 1 SP point (Easter event). We all remeber stupid fupdated with few fixes and 3-4gb redownloads (We fix one word in dialog! You need redownload client again! Oh....Your ALL characters are disapeared after update? It's a not bug! It's Feature!). We all remember donate only packed from store items on BM, mass player auto-bans besause "system errors" (And You need to wrote support again and again) and others. Your all here still think that enmasse bad publisher and that it not interesting in grown up good game with sood community? xD

Enmasse not ideal, but not bad as company that I described. We have a lot of free stuff. We recieve feedback asap. We can suggest things and discuss it' We have player council, affilate program, events, contests, giveaways and other. Whats wrong with this? Why some players dont want to see that our situation a great better than other? %( Yeah. I think enmasse have some problems with PR. But this is only one real problem that I can see about this publisher possibilities. But anyway, not only enmasse responsible about some local troubles. Players also responsible about place where they play. We have no problems like players that mass dropped SW in one time. It's good. And this gain our access to be normal community if we want. But when we can see riot without any real suggestions and rational ideas, nobody and also publisher cannot use only this to make game better.

And also again I want to say to you all that game publishers - not like Santa-Clauses - them cannot work without any budget, but budget formed also from our payments. If you cannot pay, it's not big problem here - step by step you can got any item, but it's normal to be patient if you cannot pay for all by real money. There are many players, whom make donations, but this players ALSO interensts in you, because you are part of this system and it's normal thing, when free players and donators play together. There are bad situation when only one group formed and no peoples in other. No any interests in showup your financial possibilities on people when all are donaters your level. Also if all players are free-palyer, there no money sources to publishers. But if this group balanced, donaters usualy can post paid items on auctions. And in our situation avg free player can obtain most of such items (costumes, 15-day-elites, pets, +12-+13 boosters, materials and other).

Yeah, we all can see from current info that Harpas Skin first time would be in paid packets, but who say that this things are untredable or if it's true, that there are no possibilities, for example, obtaine it from next event? Yeah, it's not today. Yeah, it's sad for some players. But are this real PROBLEM without resolution after some time?)))) Paid Tiamat? Ok. I want to remind that this pet (Normal Tia) was included in random boxes from free stuff to all. Awaken Tia? Ok. There many orders to sell it in different times. For example, my crewmate sell one for ONLY 500m (current avg is 700m - is also can be collected by player). It's great price and avg endplayer player can fram this sum without problems.If You are NOT endgame player, probably You not need such pet actually. If You need Aweken Tia only for visual, You can bought she from special packs.

• corpusdogmacorpusdogma Member
    edited May 7

Two whiteknights - praise be to sun o:)

To get the Harpas Armband you need a total of 28289 EMP. Convert that into dollars (5$ = 1000 EMP) then you get 141.445. Let's simply round this to 150 bucks.

That's right everybody you gotta pay 150 bucks for a virtual "profile image"... To compare the value of this said armband, that's about my entire food finance for a month, 4-6 physical copies of any PS4 games you want or dozens of games from steam sales.

As I handle my own finance, this package deal is simply not worth it on an economical level. It's clearly designed as a huge bait for whales and rich folks who want support the game. Me? I can't even support myself.

I'll just ignore this deal and see if the armband becomes free on Halloween this year.

Also being on the side of justice doesn't mean you're not toxic.

• cathernyancathernyan Member

@corpusdogma said:

To get the Harpas Armband you need a total of 28289 EMP. Convert that into dollars (5$ = 1000 EMP) then you get 141.445. Let's simply round this to 150 bucks.

That's right everybody you gotta pay 150 bucks for a virtual "profile image"... To compare the value of this said armband, that's about my entire food finance for a month, 4-6 physical copies of any PS4 games you want or dozens of games from steam sales.

As I handle my own finance, this package deal is simply not worth it on an economical level. It's clearly designed as a huge bait for whales and rich folks who want support the game. Me? I can't even support myself.

I'll just ignore this deal and see if the armband becomes free on Halloween this year.

it's actually 10$ for 1000 emp so you'd need to spend 240$ to get just enough EMP to complete the chain. :'(

edited May 7

@corpusdogma said:

I wrote before about possibilities. If you cannot spend so much, you dont need do it)) Just wait and play as usualy. I know guys who spend here much more and I also think that it's so much costs prices. But some guys dont think so and again will be some players who going to complete chain in first day (Yeah, for "unique profile picture....") .___. Why not if they think that it's normal? As i said before, there are balance between very rich players and others. I don't think that low cost packs can be effective as high-cost packs and chains. And I don't think that we cannot live without Harpas-trap picture as skin... X_x

P.s. I also forgot to say that regional prices is gone in common. But I also want remind that this decision was made because also - some players used old hole in system and publisher suffered losses. You also can say Thanks this players. Probably, avg prices will be on current level long time WITHOUT any possibility to be lower =)))
    P.s.s. First prices upscaling happened after some magic with EMP events. Here ALSO try hard players from both servers before merging. Before that prices was lower and NORMAL. After: You can often see adv in global chat like: "WTB> 10.000EMP" (because some people farmed A LOT EMP on past events).
    We recieved what we deserve -_- And yes, its a very big real problem. I mean roots of high prices.

• @cathernyan said:
    it's actually 10$ for 1000 emp so you'd need to spend 240$ to get just enough EMP to complete the chain. :'(

So it actually went higher than the last time I checked the rates. Quarter grand... Thanks for correction.

• JinyoJinyo Member

Just so you guys know - Enmasse has liberty in their way of doing things but that doesn't mean if Naddic tells them they have to put it behind a paywall that they can ignore it

• RieidRieid Member

Not wanna sound like the devil's advocate on this one, but while I can agree that this can be seen as something greedy, at same time I don't really think it is something worthy of outrage.
    Sure, $240 for something that should be free is way too much, but is just some character picture that will allow the top spenders to brag about how rich they are. If this was something game breaking, something that would give whales a pay to win advantage towards other players. I would be complaining too. But they just made some braging rights for the rich.

I know that this comment will be taken as whiteknights/fanboy towards eme. But keep in mind that I come from publishers/games in which players are pretty much forced to cash in order to remain relevant in both pve and pvp, games in which the developer intentionally nerf or completly remove gear mats from dungeons and even gear crafting, just to put them in their store.
    With all their flaws and greed, eme look like a paradigm of virtue to me, this if you compared with some of the worst companies out there, publisher like PWE or old Trion (talking about before it was acquired by Gamigo,)

If I could hate on naddic and eme about something, this would be the idiotic RNG they put on enhancement and tuning, that is something that it is indeed p2w and give a huge advantage to people who whales or no life the game, sadly something like that is pretty much what all asian mmos do.
    A profile picture?
    I couldn't care less. :D

• HimeHime Member, Player Moderators
    edited May 7

Quick reminder to please remain on topic! It's okay to agree and/or disagree with one another, but please do so in a cordial fashion.

As for the topic at hand, I'll go ahead and ask EME if there's any possibility for the Harpas (and Yod/Nitocris) armband to be craftable in some sort of fashion in the future, as currently the Tindalos is as of this event. Can't promise any changes, but it will be brought up. <3

• TarasikTarasik Member

I believe what is happening here is best illustrated with the following graph: