Maintenance is now complete. Have fun!

Launcher crash on startup.

So, i would assume that question have already been brought up a numerous amount of times on the forums, but i honestly found myself too lazy to do a thorough search of it.

So, as the title says - each time i am trying to launch the game - the launcher crashes upon startup.
Playing through Steam, using Windows 7, setting compability mode did not help. Reinstalling the launcher did not help either, so i am open to suggestions.

Comments

• KT4APTDKH4KT4APTDKH4 Member, Player Council

Playing through standalone launcher gives the same issue as far as i remember.

• HimeHime Member, Player Moderators, Player Council

Went ahead and deleted your duplicate post.

Most likely you'll need to submit a ticket to CS, as launcher errors have been a big issue for some time now. I'd imagine you're unable to repair the game since your launcher closes on startup.

One method that worked for a few others was temporarily turning off your anti-virus, just remember to turn it back on again.

If that fails too, then again, I suggest the ticket.

edited May 16

@Hime said:
    Went ahead and deleted your duplicate post.

Most likely you'll need to submit a ticket to CS, as launcher errors have been a big issue for some time now. I'd imagine you're unable to repair the game since your launcher closes on startup.

One method that worked for a few others was temporarily turning off your anti-virus, just remember to turn it back on again.

If that fails too, then again, I suggest the ticket.

Thank you, the duplicate wasn't intended and i didn't know where to knock at to have it removed/hidden, and thank you for the quick reply.

Exactly. Removing the launcher manually and restoring it through Steam's integrity check did not help either.
    I'll now turn over to the CS and come back with the results.

• NegumikoNegumiko Member

I play Closers through Steam on a windows 7 computer as well. sometimes the launcher just crashes but it is rare. Steam does get a little picky sometimes if it is left running for a really long time. try exiting out of Steam restart it about 5 minutes later then verify the integrity of the files again through Steam again. if the launcher loads up correctly go to options and click repair and see if your game works. the whole process will probably take about a hour.

• a1gundama1gundam Member

You could double check to make sure you have all the right directx runtimes for your computer. https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8109

• xRysexxRysex Member, Player Council

same problem

• RieidRieid Member

Not directly related to the OP problem but is anyone else having problems with the normal launcher (not steam)
    In my case, since today it just get stuck at "starting En Masse Launcher.." window and it stay like that forever.

I was thinking maybe it was my internet, but I have no lag of any sort, even the eme diagnostic tool say my conection is fine.

Strange thing is that it doesnt even let me reinstall it. I downloaded the installer from eme web in order to try to reinstal but same thing, stuck at this:

• LihzakiviLihzakivi Member

@Rieid was working a few hours ago, but now my launcher is also stuck in permanent loop too :neutral:

• lspiratelspirate Member
    edited May 17

@Rieid Same trouble ._. I think, login-server on launcher dont response... Now it wont to load login window also....
    UPD: Launcher now ask You to update))

• MelonchanMelonchan Member

@Rieid said:
    Not directly related to the OP problem but is anyone else having problems with the normal launcher (not steam)
    In my case, since today it just get stuck at "starting En Masse Launcher.." window and it stay like that forever.

I was thinking maybe it was my internet, but I have no lag of any sort, even the eme diagnostic tool say my conection is fine.

Strange thing is that it doesnt even let me reinstall it. I downloaded the installer from eme web in order to try to reinstal but same thing, stuck at this:

i wanted to play atm and i have that problem now wth

• Tmw you need to login for your daily rewards but the launcher won't load so you miss a day. Thanks for the new launcher enmasse.

• Nice, bad timing for me I guess.

@ShadeNightz said:
    Nice, bad timing for me I guess.

Ya i wanted to lvl my levia, maybe EME staff spilled the coffe to the servers

• flumculusflumculus Member

Yup, same problem. Worked fine yesterday, and never had any launcher problems before, so my guess is this is something on EME's end?

how will update if is laoding and loading, there is not buttom to press to update

• close the launcher and try to run it again the update notice would appear

• lspiratelspirate Member
    edited May 17

After update I see only Host_WindowLoadTimeout errors (nothing else every launch) that I saw earlier only if no internet -- It wont to start(((
    _UPD: It worked again

• i have the same problem as almost everyone here, my launcher is on an eternal loop , how annoying...

• THNAW3DMLWTHNAW3DMLW Member, Player Council

Same problem, eternal loop. Thought it was my new router acting up. Glad I'm not alone on this.

• NegumikoNegumiko Member

same problem as well. in the last stream on Tuesday they mentioned Tera would be moving to the new launcher soon, maybe they have the launcher down for a bit to work on that.

• RieidRieid Member

So far I tried a lot stuff with no success.

• Closing the launcher from the task bar (blue icon->right click->quit) then opening again: Problem remains

• force killing anything eme related on task manager, then opening again: Problem remain.

• tried on an old laptop in which the game doesn't even run but launcher used to work fine: The launcher actually updated on that laptop and it does ask for user + password, but it fail to login with a "failed to generate device signature" message. In that case I tried this:https://forums.enmasse.com/closers/discussion/9329/help-failed-to-generate-device-signature
      And..... "failed to generate device signature" again :D

• I tried to do the same I did on laptop, but in my Pc, this in order to force the launcher to update: It doesn't update, just remain on that loop. Difference between laptop and main PC aside from hardware is that old laptop is win 10 32 bits, while main PC is win 10 64.

• I even changed my isp dns for the google ones since other games sometimes game problem like this. But it didnt work.

I can guess that is just as @Negumiko said, or maybe something related to the login server.

• @Rieid said:
    So far I tried a lot stuff with no success.

• Closing the launcher from the task bar (blue icon->right click->quit) then opening again: Problem remains

• force killing anything eme related on task manager, then opening again: Problem remain.

• tried on an old laptop in which the game doesn't even run but launcher used to work fine: The launcher actually updated on that laptop and it does ask for user + password, but it fail to login with a "failed to generate device signature" message. In that case I tried this:https://forums.enmasse.com/closers/discussion/9329/help-failed-to-generate-device-signature
      And..... "failed to generate device signature" again :D

• I tried to do the same I did on laptop, but in my Pc, this in order to force the launcher to update: It doesn't update, just remain on that loop. Difference between laptop and main PC aside from hardware is that old laptop is win 10 32 bits, while main PC is win 10 64.

• I even changed my isp dns for the google ones since other games sometimes game problem like this. But it didnt work.

I can guess that is just as @Negumiko said, or maybe something related to the login server.

at least , we are not alone in this, but damn , i wanted to get the las accs of my bai :(

• HimeHime Member, Player Moderators, Player Council

EME's aware of this issue and are working to fix it.

got fixed!

• RieidRieid Member

Working for me as well now. Didn't update or anything, just auto loged as usual.

• now im getting failed login into server.... sigh

• RukiaRukia Member, Player Moderators, Player Council

Does anyone still have issue?

• iHammiiHammi Member

@Rukia said:

I do. But I'm currently repairin' my launcher. Since I kept gettin' failed login into server.

@Rukia said:

Still getting the launcher crash, but it's being reviewed by CS now. I believe. So i'm just waiting for any results regarding it.