Ping

So I have yet to download the game but from what I have seen the EU server merged with the NA one and now they are the "WORLD" server. I suppose that the server will be in NA so how bad/or not bad is my ping gonna be? 100+? And if so how much is it gonna affect the game?

Comments

• GelezisGelezis Member

PvE? Not at all, you really won't notice anything. Will be a smooth ride.
    PvP? You might experience unpleasant delays. Grabs not registering and restands not functioning as they should, if your internet isn't that great that is. Servers are in Chicago if you are curious to know what your ping would be https://www.speedtest.net/

• EdgeLord202EdgeLord202 Member, Player Council

This is so sad because my ping from here in Egypt to Chicago will be no lower than 130 24/7 and that is assuming I have the best connection on my part. Man, I really like pvp in these types of games. Kind of a bumper but will still try it out in my summer vacation and see how things are. Thanks for the reply!

• ExeedraExeedra Member

@EdgeLord202 said:
    This is so sad because my ping from here in Egypt to Chicago will be no lower than 130 24/7 and that is assuming I have the best connection on my part. Man, I really like pvp in these types of games. Kind of a bumper but will still try it out in my summer vacation and see how things are. Thanks for the reply!

PvP in this game is kinda nonexsistent(At least it was when i tried it a while back)....even tho..PvP is not very popular in this game....

• LoadedGamerLoadedGamer Member, Player Council

PvP has a decent sized group of people that do it. It will pop if you Q for it.

Your ping is 130? you should be just fine, its not a fps or tera so....

• BunnyBunny Member, Player Moderators, Player Council

You can test your ping to Chicago. Also, pvp wise you'll be fine unless your net is also very bad/the location your in has only bad net. The biggest thing would be PVE timing for speed runs and skips, but you can also adapt to that too. It's just harder.