A note from BearShoes about the current Seth Fanart Contest: https://forums.enmasse.com/closers/discussion/10398/an-update-to-the-seth-fanart-contest/

Closers new video and WAIT WHAT¡¡¡????

So she is the enemy? I like the OST at the end

Comments

• Nevalia90Nevalia90 Member, Player Council
    edited July 14

It will take for sure more than a year, til NA get the update. The developer from kr server release faster the new content than enmasse the old one since enmasse just care about $

• MynoodlesMynoodles Member
    edited July 14

Yep that's Misook, Don Kim's ex-girlfriend.

There's also the revelation of Alpha Knight.

• HimeHime Member, Player Moderators, Player Council

At first I thought she was an enemy, but I saw videos of her appearing with you as a NPC in dungeons like other characters do (such as Trainer and others). I guess we'll have to wait for translations.

• NegumikoNegumiko Member

@Nevalia90 said:
    It will take for sure more than a year, til NA get the update. The developer from kr server release faster the new content than enmasse the old one since enmasse just care about $

just about every mmo publisher in the NA cares about money, that is just the way the mmo world works. we have been getting decent updates at a fairly good speed. Enmasse may not be perfect but they sure are better then a lot of other mmo publishers we could have gotten. Gameforge ruined Soul Worker and Nexon KR published Closers in Korea. if Nexon NA had published Closers for us chances are it would be just as expensive but with even more gacha only items and the Wolf Dog characters would still be in the process of being released. Plus Nexon NA almost never listens to their players, Maplestory 2 fell fast cause they didn't listen and the only reason they are listening now is cause that game almost died in under a year. at least Enmasse tries to listen to us. glad we have them as our publisher. the new story is already out in Korea, so we may even see it released in November or December if we're lucky.

@Hime said:
    At first I thought she was an enemy, but I saw videos of her appearing with you as a NPC in dungeons like other characters do (such as Trainer and others). I guess we'll have to wait for translations.

I would like to hope she is really a friend but something about her just seems to suspicious. she could even be a enemy spy without even knowing it. just like Shub and Jisu Black didn't even know they were pawns that could be used and controlled from the start.

• We will see this sometime next year after we get all the TF released most likely

• Nevalia90Nevalia90 Member, Player Council
    edited July 16

@Negumiko said:

@Nevalia90 said:

just about every mmo publisher in the NA cares about money, that is just the way the mmo world works. we have been getting decent updates at a fairly good speed. Enmasse may not be perfect but they sure are better then a lot of other mmo publishers we could have gotten. Gameforge ruined Soul Worker and Nexon KR published Closers in Korea. if Nexon NA had published Closers for us chances are it would be just as expensive but with even more gacha only items and the Wolf Dog characters would still be in the process of being released. Plus Nexon NA almost never listens to their players, Maplestory 2 fell fast cause they didn't listen and the only reason they are listening now is cause that game almost died in under a year. at least Enmasse tries to listen to us. glad we have them as our publisher. the new story is already out in Korea, so we may even see it released in November or December if we're lucky.

Honestly, the mmo World works only in NA and EU like that cuz the player buying all the stuff publisher put in his store instead of farming in game. Im fine with it since i can sell my stuff overpriced. Im playing since 3 months on NA its ur opinion and im fine with it but in my opinion its pitifully.
    They release 2 task force in a month and they start with bai>vio>yuri? Bai is the newest char and she get her job change at first? whats about the dc and crashs the most ppl get or the lag week last month? there wasnt any kind of support.

Mod's Note: Please refrain from mentioning private servers as it's against the rules. Thanks!

Kind reminder to stay on topic of the thread. Thanks! ;)

• I think she is the enemy because at the end of video seems to have 2 personality so she might be that monster insect lol

• RieidRieid Member

She must be an enemy. Could be that she end up going back to the good side at some point, but after finishing the last chapter of the story we have so far in our version, it is very clear that she is on Michael's side.
    Not gonna spoil anything else for those who have not finished last chapter.

@Hime said:

David also appears as a follower at some point even going to dungeons just to end up being a villian, same can be said about Kitae: in his case we know he is a bad since the begining but, there is still a dungeon in which he follows the player.
    I can guess that she either is fooling the teams like David did or she maybe will just switch sides at some point.

@Rieid said:
    She must be an enemy. Could be that she end up going back to the good side at some point, but after finishing the last chapter of the story we have so far in our version, it is very clear that she is on Michael's side.

@Hime said:

David also appears as a follower at some point even going to dungeons just to end up being a villian, same can be said about Kitae: in his case we know he is a bad since the begining but, there is still a dungeon in which he follows the player.
    I can guess that she either is fooling the teams like David did or she maybe will just switch sides at some point.

True true. I'm personally hoping she's not a villain because I like her design and she just looks amazing, but with how she was introduced and she's apparently(?) working for Micheal's side, it's possible. I just want translations ;;

• I just hope it isnt another, "Oh no shes so much stronger then us we cant beat her until the plot important thing happens" Trope
    Its played far to much in this game. WE have felled God King deity like beings yet as soon as the next story expansion happens we seem to get hit with the reset bat and once again, we are against a near unbeatable foe.

• @Rieid said:

@Hime said:

What is this dungeon you're talking about?

• RieidRieid Member
    edited July 17

@Nathaniel697 said:
    What is this dungeon you're talking about?

Not sure if you mean the ones I give as example or the one that @Hime was talking about. If you mean what Hime was saying, I am not sure since I haven't seen the video she is talking about.
    If you mean the David and Kitae case: If you play as Black Lamb, there is a point at the story in which you have to scort David, this happens at Gangnam Evac Center, before his NPC shows at the hub. If I remember correctly you have to go rescue him after his helicopter gets shot down or something like that. Also the whole Astaroth talk, can't recall if he follow at that time tho.
    In the case of Kitae there is also a time that you find him during a mission and he follows your character doing pretty much nothing.

Edit: other example would be Jisu Black and Shub if you play as wildhuter.

edited July 17

The dungeon I was talking about is in the video below, which makes me believe that either Misook is not as bad as we're assuming and/or she is with the baddies and playing us like a fiddle. It's apart of the new area storyline in Busan. But as Rieid says, this isn't the first NPC that appears with the player in dungeons, so who knows at this point. She appears with the player at 1:36.

• gardenbreezegardenbreeze Member, Player Council

hmm I 'm hoping she isn't a baddie but I seen someone comment on a vid I was watching in regards to her raid

Ok now I'm confused I know that she is Don Kim's ex-fiance but someone said in a vid comment that i was watching I dunno if they are confusing her with Mary but this person said she is engaged to Hoffman and that Hoffman hired her to protect Michael because she felt like she wasn't contributing/helping enough.

I was scratching my head thinking to myself what I thought he is only engaged to Mary as we only see that Hoffman only ever mentions Mary so is Hoffman double tapping playing both I mean it wouldn't shock me one damn bit if he is just to advance his own selfish interests I mean we see how he gets if you play violet in S3 part 2 lol I wouldn't be damned shocked if he would've tried to hook up w/ violet as well if he had an opp to try just for his own damn benefits/interests I mean why go for lobster when you can go for Caviar eh with an org like Vulture Corp unlimited funds and resources to tap into for his research I mean if it was me i'd of def damn tried it given the opp

• RieidRieid Member

@gardenbreeze said:
    hmm I 'm hoping she isn't a baddie but I seen someone comment on a vid I was watching in regards to her raid

Ok now I'm confused I know that she is Don Kim's ex-fiance but someone said in a vid comment that i was watching I dunno if they are confusing her with Mary but this person said she is engaged to Hoffman and that Hoffman hired her to protect Michael because she felt like she wasn't contributing/helping enough.

I was scratching my head thinking to myself what I thought he is only engaged to Mary as we only see that Hoffman only ever mentions Mary so is Hoffman double tapping playing both I mean it wouldn't shock me one damn bit if he is just to advance his own selfish interests I mean we see how he gets if you play violet in S3 part 2 lol I wouldn't be damned shocked if he would've tried to hook up w/ violet as well if he had an opp to try just for his own damn benefits/interests I mean why go for lobster when you can go for Caviar eh with an org like Vulture Corp unlimited funds and resources to tap into for his research I mean if it was me i'd of def damn tried it given the opp

I mean she is baddie, but dont think that theory in that comment is correct. Keep in mind that there seem to be translation errors in some of the videos and even in the part of the whole Michael and Hoffman story. That or a huge plothole. Also there is the fact that most people don't understand Korean so they are probably confusing stuff.
    Some spoilers of our current season, so don't click if you have not finish the story.

I say this 'cause at season 3, chapter 1 ending Hoffman is on the phone with Mary, he said that they are gonna get married.
    However during the S3 chapter 2 , he say multiple times that he is already married with Mary. At some point other character (Wolfgang or Jaeri, cant recall) also confirm that he is already married with Mary. Hoffman even mention his wife during his raid. So it seems to me that someone at some point made some translation mistakes,
    There are some differences in translation in this youtube video and the ending inside the game, but the whole getting married thing is the same:

Now, aside from that I don't really think Misook is dating Hoffman, I could be wrong but from what I remember from the in game video she talks to a guy on the phone which seems to be Don Kim, she even ask the person if he still work at Vulture. Hoffman does not work at Vulture. Here is the video, again there are some differences in translation but not much different from what is translated in our version:

Also there was people at youtube comments confusing Sophie, the gal being beaten at that video with a Union scientific. Considering that Sophie has been part of the story for some long time now and they didn't even knew who she was, I would take with a grain of salt what they say

My take is that Misook is just too proud and don't want Don Kim to pay for the whole marriage thing, so she just become corrupt in order to get money and brag about how indepent and strong she is. She could also be brain washed in some way.
    Of course Don Kim probably have no idea about it. She seem to be a villian, but I have the feeling that probably the closers will just have to slap some sense in her, but aside from that I don't really think they end up killing her, she is probably gonna switch back to the good side at some point.

• AoiRyuuAoiRyuu Member

I wanna play Dr. Gremory :(!

• @AoiRyuu said:

loli gremory me too

• Ray676Ray676 Member

@Melonchan said:

@AoiRyuu said:

loli gremory me too

ur under arrest