Mobile game cash shop prices, disgusting

Is the entire cash shop for this game priced for "whales" or what? the cost of even costumes on this game not only being quite limited to RNG boxes, but the cost of 1 box for a "CHANCE" to get a costume somehow managed to cost nearly x10 the amount that it does for an rng box on Tera, nevermind the fact that you can actually direct purchase a costume for I think it's 990 anyway (more or less depending on the costume, but still).

The fact that I looked at the daily deals section, and for a "chance" to get a "fallen night costume piece" will cost me up to 990, and that's not even for the entire set, that's 10$ just for an attempt to get a single piece, and their "best deal" of 13 attempts will cost up to 100$, I mean...I'm just baffled, I thought games like Blade and Soul and Revelations had expensive costumes and cash shop prices, but this game just completely takes the mess, safe to say that while I may give the game the time of day as it's actually a decent game in it self, En Masse have somehow become worse than gameforge when it comes to pricing.

Comments

• VagathVagath Member

Well yeah that is their business model, fishing for whales. The only thing i would consider for a normal costumer is elite/plat membership, but even for that it might be better just to farm credits and buy it from the black maket.

• NaavsNaavs Member

Never checked this game on mobile, but i can't say I'm surprised.

• You can get 6/6 black zenith through fibers which are being sold on black market. No need to use credit card.

• I feel pretty much the same. I remember they had an event where if you were logged in for 2 hours they gave you a black force costume set. I missed it because it started and ended a day earlier than what their patch notes said (they messed on time zone differences or something). I reached out to support to see if I could still get it since I missed it bc their patch notes info was wrong. They pretty much said sorry you missed it can't help you.

If they would have attempted to make up for their error I would have spent $20 or so for the effort but like you said they pretty much target whales. I'll still play the game but I guess I'm still a little salty from that.

• my problem is the complete and total willfull ignoring of the costume section of the cash shop in favor of every update just using bitna, no one likes gacha system.

• NaavsNaavs Member

I suspect a lot of people dislike gacha system, but that's what makes money - people will spend more and more money to get good items, and I think many whales won't stop until they get said good items, so it's a pretty easy system to make money from.

• @Naavs said:
    I suspect a lot of people dislike gacha system, but that's what makes money - people will spend more and more money to get good items, and I think many whales won't stop until they get said good items, so it's a pretty easy system to make money from.

just in case you didn't know. One man from Japan spend more than 70k$ on gacha in Fate Grand Order. So it really makes money, but it very dangerous for people that can't stop from gambling.

• NaavsNaavs Member
    edited August 11

@Nathaniel697 said:

@Naavs said:

just in case you didn't know. One man from Japan spend more than 70k$ on gacha in Fate Grand Order. So it really makes money, but it very dangerous for people that can't stop from gambling.

Yes, I'm aware of that - it's basically gambling, you can look up other games that have gacha/lootboxes. They're immoral and dangerous - people fall for these disgusting practices every day in gaming and when you contact support to get back the money - whoops, no refunds for you!

I wish they'd stop these practices but it's what makes the money, they don't care if it's consumer friendly or not.

EDIT : When it comes to farming EMP by casually playing (relating to LeviaHusband comment) it won't happen, ever. That's the main way they make money - the only way to get free EMP is either when the new character is released or you can pray your art will be so good you'll win the contest, other than that don't expect any free EMP

• @Naavs said:

@Nathaniel697 said:

@Naavs said:

Yes, I'm aware of that - it's basically gambling, you can look up other games that have gacha/lootboxes. They're immoral and dangerous - people fall for these disgusting practices every day in gaming and when you contact support to get back the money - whoops, no refunds for you!

I wish they'd stop these practices but it's what makes the money, they don't care if it's consumer friendly or not.

EDIT : When it comes to farming EMP by casually playing (relating to LeviaHusband comment) it won't happen, ever. That's the main way they make money - the only way to get free EMP is either when the new character is released or you can pray your art will be so good you'll win the contest, other than that don't expect any free EMP

Mobile games are way better with gachas than Closers, not Fate Grand Order though. It have one of the worst (if not the worst) gacha system ever.
    And don't forget that "It's not lootboxes, it's SURPRISE MECHANIC!!!" xD))))))

I wish that someday developers at least change this to be more player-friendly, because get rid of it is very good (but it only works for games that you buy to play); F2P games will die without that system, but what is the point to make paywall?
    Also, why not sell costume pieces\costumes themselves in the EMP store? 50$(like LeviaHusband says) is gonna get you more money. No one gonna pay around 100$ for 13boxes with chance to get the costumes. Not to mention that all these washing machines still contain trash items

• PhantomVoidPhantomVoid Member
    edited August 13

Just a friendly reminder, EME IS NOT in charge of Closers mobile version, that game is from a Chinese company.

• VagathVagath Member

Well you know he is talking about how the pc game has a mobile like cash shop, not about a mobile version of closers...

• NaavsNaavs Member

Ah - in this case yes, Closers has a mobile like cash shop, even though i could say there are mobile games that are more consumer friendly when it comes to the overall prices and the mechanics (not all, though). I suspect the same mechanics will be implemented in the mobile version, though.

• 933FGHHFAY933FGHHFAY Member, Player Council
    edited August 13

I agree with a lot of points in this thread. Closers at the moment is as bad as mobile games, or sometimes even worse than quite a few of them, from a pricing/value standpoint, especially since we aren't even given a lot of free currency (EMP). The pricing for all these premium packs/costumes and unlocks are really high. It's ridiculous that you can buy a $100 (9900 EMP) pack that includes a random full costume and not even get the specific costume variant that you want. Don't even get me started on the insane Washing Machine or 9900 EMP "deals" that don't even offer a random full costume box for the character you open it on.

So many online games include some kind of gacha or lootbox element, and I'm just getting tired of it. Ideally, Bitna's Washing Machine mechanic would not even exist, and we could just buy, if not individual costume pieces by themselves, all the costume sets and all costume variants outright from the cash/EMP shop. This way EME still gets money and we don't have to deal with terrible RNG when trying to get costumes.

I'm hoping EME also adds more ways to at least earn visual unlock slots and rare/signature costumes through events like other regions' servers of Closers.

• @933FGHHFAY said:
    I agree with a lot of points in this thread. Closers at the moment is as bad as mobile games, or sometimes even worse than quite a few of them, from a pricing/value standpoint, especially since we aren't even given a lot of free currency (EMP). The pricing for all these premium packs/costumes and unlocks are really high. It's ridiculous that you can buy a $100 (9900 EMP) pack that includes a random full costume and not even get the specific costume variant that you want. Don't even get me started on the insane Washing Machine or 9900 EMP "deals" that don't even offer a random full costume box for the character you open it on.

So many online games include some kind of gacha or lootbox element, and I'm just getting tired of it. Ideally, Bitna's Washing Machine mechanic would not even exist, and we could just buy, if not individual costume pieces by themselves, all the costume sets and all costume variants outright from the cash/EMP shop. This way EME still gets money and we don't have to deal with terrible RNG when trying to get costumes.

I'm hoping EME also adds more ways to at least earn visual unlock slots and rare/signature costumes through events like other regions' servers of Closers.

Does other regions' servers of Closers really have events to unlock visual slots, and events for signature? Cuz this server only have one random signature accesoire that you can't even share with your characters. It's non-tradeable, and also you can't put it in your bank... Like WTF?

• @Nathaniel697 let me put it this way, when we can craft 1 random accessory box containing a random accessory from all 3 sets in a single pool, KR event let them craft 3 different boxes with random accessory pool specific to each individual set :^)
    As for visual unlocks, my guild had zero hopes for such a luxury from day one :neutral:

• I remember at Jp server, there was an event you could craft full cybernetic set just with splendid phase fibers lol...

• NaavsNaavs Member
    edited August 14

So far I remember only 1 event when you could craft 1 random signature accesory, which from I remember is untradable, which is a shame - signature accessories tend to be incredibly expensive, and hard to get from bitna... But they've put the strongest pet behind a paywall, where on KR it was free, so i'm not surprised - I understand Nexon depends on these items to get money, but this sort of system is just disgusting.

• ShadeNightzShadeNightz Member
    edited August 14

Still don't know why we haven't abolished elite/platinum having an extra run and putting that extra run on default so people who can't really get elite aren't put behind everyone else. That +1 run is pretty fucking relevant in some places. Still don't know why we don't have pbm so I can send my friends shit they want and I don't give a rats ass about.

• VagathVagath Member

To be honest the extra run isn't that big of deal. The thing with elite/platinum membership is the extra rewards you get at the end. In the original game you only get one row of extra rewards at the end, if you play in a net cafe. Here, for some bizzare reason ,we get two extra rows of rewards, one from elite and one from platinum. For example, a single run of puri 6 gives you 9 Contamination Crystals with elite + plat v/s 3 without them.

• Uh Divine Battle. If you want to compete or reach 80k reward with only a few characters, having Elite is a must. The last Divine Battle was a mess. Everyone be like "1run->exit->re-queue->repeat". It's so inconvenient. Then there's "Queue Dogra 3/4 full run". You can't even do a pub queue because someone else reserved it.