2019 Golden gift scambox

edited December 2019 in General Discussion

What's up with those. Why the first year, open beta they were 10 euros. Second year they went up to 20 euros and this year up to 25? Servers closing so you're milking players for the last they can give? Should of been reasonable and went with 10~5 euros. Even Gameforge isn't this trashy and believe me they are very trashy.

Comments

• It means there are three possibilities:
    1. They're testing the limits of how much more they can squeeze money from players.
    2. There are significantly less players than there were last two years so they increased the price to break even
    3. Game's already on its way to share Kritika's fate i.e. huge, scam like sales only to close the game soon after. Kritika prior to its sudden closure also had huge sales.

• LeviaHusbandLeviaHusband Member
    edited December 2019

Probally we're on the 2nd as Horny said.

What is a wrong move. You shouldn't force your pay playerbase in a moment when the game is having a lack of players.

You must work to get players back and new players. Flooding cash deals is not the right way of it.

• I could be dead wrong but I think their shifting focus to The Dark Crystal. I saw it advertised on FB a few days ago. How many times have you seen them advertise this game?

• VagathVagath Member
    edited December 2019

Promotion doesn't do anything if the game has zero retention lol. Just look at steamcharts. The game has been bleeding players since the very beggining, despite the hilarious claims that Bai would be a magical unicorn that would carry closers to the gaming valhala by people that don't even play the game lmao.

edited December 2019

@Vagath People was claiming not only Bai but faster content. The game was losing players month by month due to slow patchs and people was fighting for faster patchs in try to save the game from losing players... but EME listened the wrong people, the ones who defended slow patchs for its own selfish....People was fighting since january...Bai came only in April...too late... She got some few players back but they left few time ago. Why? Cause Slow content. Things didn't changed..... They fought for faster content not only Bai....

It wasn't only for Bai... she was just a symbol to represent what people really wanted... faster content.

EME heard the people who defended slow patchs and the result is this one we see nowadays.....

• At this point it doesn't matter how much they update the game, it doesn't change that the new player experience is atrocious. In kr new players get showered with freebies whereas here...

• The funniest part is that new players still get more things than old players. Imagine treating your player-base like that...

edited December 2019

The way they update the content matters A LOT... That's the main reason why people left to the begginnig... those scam boxes at 25 euros are a result of the abandom of players. They're increasing the prices to break even the lack of players. And why is there lack of players? Cause people got tired of slow patchs and left the NA server.

Just ask for people who quitted why they left. The majoririty will say: " lack of content"

New player experience will never change if the content speed keeps the same. Why? Cause people that ALREADY PLAYS the game will get tired of have nothing to do and will leave the game. There will be less and less players around. Less players to new players party with, less players to cash and put costumes on BM for new players buy and so on.

On Steam or facebook pages for any game with more than 2 years, the 2 most asked things for new players are: 1 - Is this game P2W? 2 - How is the population? Is there a good amount of players?

New players cares A LOT about population. They'll not join a game with low playerbase cause they thinks the game is dying and they'll waste their time playing a "dead game".

And how about the actual playerbase? Will they keep the actual playerbase if there's lack of content? This entire year proved that milky the content was disastrous. We lost a lot of players and this reflected on Cash shop.

Cash shop, BM, New Players. All those things are conected to amount of players. And amount of players are totally conected to the way they manage the content speed. Cause That's what keeps the playerbase: CONTENT.

• an employer and worker have to survive.
    It is present in all areas of our lives.
    if you don't make money, you either close the shop or sink.

• why is everyone blindly believing everything?
    last years boxes:

this year:

• Imo the problem is really with the common draws, especially gear tune and enhancement, those definitely don't feel like a good 2.5k emp spent. And the sent gifts for 1 and 5 gifts sent were double for last year.

• MynoodlesMynoodles Member
    edited December 2019

@Nayz said:

why is everyone blindly believing everything?

Hmmmm EMP rate back then was 1000emp:5$ but now it's 1000emp:10$

Exchange rate for Euro and US$ is 1:1.11

2500emp per box is 25 euros

OP isn't really wrong.

• YonggYongg Member, Player Council

@Mynoodles said:
    @Nayz said:

why is everyone blindly believing everything?

Hmmmm EMP rate back then was 1000emp:5$ but now it's 1000emp:10$

Exchange rate for Euro and US$ is 1:1.11

2500emp per box is 25 euros

OP isn't really wrong.

That has never been the case lmao

• MynoodlesMynoodles Member
    edited December 2019

@Yongg said:
    That has never been the case lmao

Err can you please explain what's wrong?

Maybe I remembered it wrong, I guess 500emp:5$

How the about the first year? Is it really around 10 bucks? I'm yet to play this game during that time.

• YonggYongg Member, Player Council
    edited December 2019

I can't comfirm or deny about the very first golden boxes being $10, i wasn't active back then. As for the EMP it has always been 100 emp for $1 as a base

• Thanks for the correction. Appreciate it.