BB Raid Times

Hello~ A lot of complaints have been made on the Raid time for BB on the community discord. As nobody seems to have made a thread about it I decided to start one for people to put down their suggestions on what times would work out best for them, or any suggestions they have on the Raid time.

I myself work night shift so the only time I'd be able to play would be an hour or so before I go to sleep so not as bad as some others but it still inconvenient. For me an hour or so earlier would help immensely.

How about anyone else? Have any times that would work better for you? Or any ideas?

Comments

• Some player from SEA said Raid time is 12am - 10am, its hard to keep awake for some people that have a work in the morning, hopefully raid time can more earlier

• VagathVagath Member
    edited December 2019

I think it is impossible to accommodate everyone, if possible the raid should be open the whole day given we are a WORLD server.

• The times are pretty horrible for me and most people I know too :/

• NaomikhoNaomikho Member
    edited December 2019

@Vagath said:
    I think it is impossible to accommodate everyone, if possible the raid should be open the whole day given we are a WORLD server.

I agree. There's bound to be someone who will be unable to play because there's players from all around the world. The original time was still ok for me, then EU players complained because it was 12am-10am for them, but after the change it became 12am-10am for SEA players. (12am-10am is really impossible for most people) Changing the time again won't do much.

I would manage 12am-10am too, but I'm on a sem break and I'm living with my family rn. You know the rest of the story

• Thanks for making this thread! :)

Like OP said, this was discussed in discord yesterday. I'm currently in the processing of gathering information and suggestions to make toward a time change that would (hopefully) be beneficial for everyone, but I'm still in need of a bit more feedback.

BB raids are currently slated to begin at 8 am - 6 pm pst, which is 4 pm - 2 am utc. A suggestion that I've seen often is to just make BB run all day vs. 10 hours/day, which while I'm unsure if that would be possible, it's the most efficient. Another would be having the raid available in two 5 hour time frames.

That being said, mostly for those in EU and SEA, how are the above current times for you? Before it was thought that the 4 pm - 2 am utc was pst, but is it any better with our current timeframe?

• BlackyERBlackyER Member
    edited December 2019

What i think is if open 10 hours/day and split to 5 hours, some people maybe still can't do it.
    So the best option for me is open all day, sounds good to all player

• @Vorrichi said:

@Hime said:
    Thanks for making this thread! :)

Like OP said, this was discussed in discord yesterday. I'm currently in the processing of gathering information and suggestions to make toward a time change that would (hopefully) be beneficial for everyone, but I'm still in need of a bit more feedback.

BB raids are currently slated to begin at 8 am - 6 pm pst, which is 4 pm - 2 am utc. A suggestion that I've seen often is to just make BB run all day vs. 10 hours/day, which while I'm unsure if that would be possible, it's the most efficient. Another would be having the raid available in two 5 hour time frames.

That being said, mostly for those in EU and SEA, how are the above current times for you? Before it was thought that the 4 pm - 2 am utc was pst, but is it any better with our current timeframe?

Being a player in the SEA region, BB raid is indeed only open during 12 am to 10 pm (GMT+8). In my context, its a big strain for me to either stay up until past midnight or wake up early in the morning just to run the raid. Furthermore, there aren't many opportunities for me to run either during weekends due to my own responsibilities as a student.

I think what I'm saying can also apply to most of the SEA playerbase here since it really is a time constraint for us. Some of us cannot stay up until midnight and beyond and even more are not able to play in the morning because of either school or work.

However, the times shouldn't be only be changed to only accompany one region. Since the server is a world server and the general playerbase comes from people from around the world in all regions, I believe the best possible solution is to keep the raid open all day to give consideration to everyone from all time zones instead of just having it in a 10-hour chunk of time or having it in two 5-hour time frames where some regions would still suffer from the time constraint.

With all of these being said, I hope all of our opinions will be acknowledged and taken into consideration for any changes that will be made in the future and I hope for this issue to be resolved soon.

Good morning/afternoon/evening and a Merry Christmas! :)

Iam strongly agree with this, open all day raid BB

• Alternatively, if not 24 hours, atleast something like say for example, 16 hours; to cover various time-zones better.

• @Hime said:
    Thanks for making this thread! :)

I think the time limit is irrational.
    It's ridiculous to restrict people's lives and jobs or freedom.
    What a working person will do.
    Can you let me out early?
    need to do BB closers please the boss.
    really nonsense time limits

• I think it's reasonable to assume that most players will be free from 6pm - 12am within their own timezone. We can narrow that window further from 6h to 3-4h if forming parties is difficult. There will be some allowance for a few hours difference within each regions (NA, EU, SEA). This way every timezone will be able to enter BB without having to play at weird hours and still not have too much difficulties in finding a party.

• World Server have player come from different Country, means much users with different timezone in this server , literally the time open for BB now based on NA timezone, means for timezone like SEA it will be around midnight 11-12 , usually time to sleep, maybe BB open time will be good if open all days, this raid not like Hell Overflow Reverse or something can be done within 10 mins , BB raid take a less maybe 1 hours to complete, so if it open all days, we can take our time to clear it.

• So...Investigation is supposed to be open Tue/Thu/Sat/Sun...But the next opening time is in 35 hours. So it's opened on Tue/Fri/Sat/Sun instead?
    @Hime send help, what do? It's just a visual bug right? :neutral:

• Even for in the US, the raid time is ~9 AM - 6 PM PST, which is a direct conflict if you work a 9-5 job. Statistically, 59% of Americans work 9-5, and that doesn't include commute time. In other words, that means for half the raid days, it's infeasible for even a lot of people in the US. I don't think the every other hour would work as well because it can take 15+ minutes to form a party. For me personally, I can't justify spending time and money on a game if I am unable to play the content due to being time-gated.

• @Lihzakivi said:
    So...Investigation is supposed to be open Tue/Thu/Sat/Sun...But the next opening time is in 35 hours. So it's opened on Tue/Fri/Sat/Sun instead?
    @Hime send help, what do? It's just a visual bug right? :neutral:

That's a visual bug. When it's not on a BB-raid day (eg. Wednesday), it'll show 30+ hours until the raid opens. However, when reset occurs on a BB-raid day (e.g Thursday), it'll show accurate time. For example, as of me typing this the timer says 8 hours and 34 mins until BB raid opens.

• @Hime I see, I see. Pretty confusing/annoying lmao. Thanks for the answer.

• I think if it was open all day, it may be hard to gather 12 people for the raid at parts of the day other than just after reset. If it was split into various time periods spread evenly throughout the day, this should help funnel people into those time periods to make it easier to form raids.

• MaouRexMaouRex Member
    edited December 2019

i think it would be quite better if BB raid just had 2 hour time interval and 2 hour time to complete cycle which we can get the raid 6 times unlike Hell overflow. cause many players joins at the beginning of the raids and at the end. having the raid on for whole day would put quite the time consuming for many players to form any party. atm it takes 10-20min to form 12 player and at least 2 or 3 players get dc which is quite troublesome if they can't do it later cause of work. For SEA and NA players its really troublesome to manage between work hours.