Really?


So on top of the $45 for Plat there's also an additional $50 for this new bs...
(F2p PlAyErS gEt FrEe BaSic)
This following the patch that literally enables you to buy enhancements in EMP store.

Comments

  • If you read what the rewards are, you'd realize that this season is crap and not really worth buying the premium tier.

    Also the price is like how it was in KR, same price for them as it is for us.

  • This game was always giving massive advantages to paying players. What's so strange about this one addition?

  • My issue isn't so very much that the advantage is being given to paying players, they're the financial backbone of the game, my issue is not only do these last two patches fly in the face of free players but also paying players.

    I will be the first to admit this is purely conjecture since I have kind of been between the F2P/P2W dichotomy. (I get platinum status. If something really really looks worth having, like the old Tiamat Pet package, I'd buy it.) What keeps whales interested is their ability to be on top within reason. There has to be a plausible deniability to their enormous TCP, at least ostensibly. Their competition is not only with other whales, but hardcore F2P players. If that veneer is completely gone, if it becomes so obvious that someone has paid for literally everything, neither the whale nor the F2P is inclined to fork over.

    I really like Closers, and it eats me up to see it spiraling down the tubes so rapidly. I've already had two close friends and my little brother quit over the last patch. Quit as in uninstall and never look back quit. It's just painful to watch.

  • Okay I couldn't put myself in your shoes cause I have never treated this game as something serious. For me it is game that is fun to jump into from time to time. I'm not looking at any rankings and despite the fact that I'm pretty much playing it since it came out in EU I'm still below 1m power and I have no signature costumes. I have massive amount of all enchanting materials and so on but I have never felt urge to use them.
    But yeah, from value point of view this license is pretty low, still I'm sure true whales will buy it anyway.

  • @AoiRyuu said:
    Okay I couldn't put myself in your shoes cause I have never treated this game as something serious. For me it is game that is fun to jump into from time to time. I'm not looking at any rankings and despite the fact that I'm pretty much playing it since it came out in EU I'm still below 1m power and I have no signature costumes. I have massive amount of all enchanting materials and so on but I have never felt urge to use them.
    But yeah, from value point of view this license is pretty low, still I'm sure true whales will buy it anyway.

    In your case, I would describe "forking over" as your time. If you are someone who only pops in from time to time, is it not safe to say that the amount of overall time you're forking over to this game is modest? I don't think you'd have to be in my shoes to see my overall point. I tried to be as unbiased as possible, given that I only have my own subjective experience to speak from.

  • RieidRieid Member

    Can not defend them on this. On the good side: considering how lame the premium rewards are, cash shop players can just ignore that this thing is even there.

    If this is part of the Kr version as well, I am pretty sure that this is good old Nexon being well.... Nexon.
    Don't get me wrong I am not trying to defend meme on this one, but considering the path that Nexon been going since last year I am not surprised at all to see this kind of nonsense, eme of course is gonna try to cash grab as much as they can too.

    Just so you guys get an idea: Not long ago Nexon got EA's former loot box/p2w god in their board of directors, they also put the guy on the top of their western strategy. Now, this have not direct relation with the Kr version of this game and even less with our version which is published by eme.
    But my point is that if one of the guys that help turn EA in one of the most rich and hated videogame companies out there was "acquired" by Nexon, don't get surprised if you see anything nexon related become extremely p2w and greedy. And considering the source version of this game is financed by nexon, is pretty obvious what is coming...

    And about eme: it is sad to see them going down this path.. They were not the best thing out there, but definitely not the worst.
    I am not sure what happen, but I feel that at some point something went wrong with them. They shot down kritika which in my opinion could been saved at the time. The game is even back now in the west by their own developer which means that there was enough people out there to keep it alive in the west.
    On the other hand we have both Tera and Closer with really low population nowadays, this makes me wonder what did they change in their business strategy in order to enrage so many people in all their games at same time...

  • To be fair on EME side (Not defending them, simply stating facts.)

    They're practically forced to take whatever decision the developer (Naddic) wants them to take. That's the role of the publisher.

    Since Naddic introduced this system to KR, it's inevitable that we will also get it, the system is the same, the premium cost is the same and the rewards are somewhat the same. (First season was trash so most KR players skipped buying the premium for season 1)

  • @Muryoku said:
    They're practically forced to take whatever decision the developer (Naddic) wants them to take. That's the role of the publisher.

    I struggle to believe this, much as I would like. EME does have some authority over what is implemented. They have the ability and likely the right, to do what they believe is in their best interest as a company. (Seulbi's name changed to "Sylvi" comes to mind. I'm sure many other such examples exist.) Speaking only from a player perspective, albeit one upon a spectrum of player types - the most recent updates seem like an attempt to grab as much cash as they can before closing the game.

  • @Disposessed said:

    @Muryoku said:
    They're practically forced to take whatever decision the developer (Naddic) wants them to take. That's the role of the publisher.

    I struggle to believe this, much as I would like. EME does have some authority over what is implemented. They have the ability and likely the right, to do what they believe is in their best interest as a company. (Seulbi's name changed to "Sylvi" comes to mind. I'm sure many other such examples exist.) Speaking only from a player perspective, albeit one upon a spectrum of player types - the most recent updates seem like an attempt to grab as much cash as they can before closing the game.

    Translations are a publisher's right so that's one thing they have control over, yes. Actual content however is something they don't have control over without permission from the developer. Most if not all bug fixes comes from Naddic making the patch for EME, updates come from Naddic giving EME the code, etc. It's how it's worked for all games with overseas developers and Western publishers unless the publisher and developer are the same company.

    As for the recent updates, they seem that way but it mirror's naddic's movements (Speaking from someone that's been looking at KR patches as they come), they just happen to come at a "convenient" time.

  • BekirBekir Member

    I did not deposit any money.
    4.3m Tcp now.
    And this Tcp, I've achieved by playing for a total of 2 months.
    If someone tells me that this game is p2w, it should learn the meaning of P2w.

  • @Bekir said:
    I did not deposit any money.
    4.3m Tcp now.
    And this Tcp, I've achieved by playing for a total of 2 months.
    If someone tells me that this game is p2w, it should learn the meaning of P2w.

    I'm speaking only of the recent updates.
    Also, you've been around a little longer than 2 months. According to your forum profile, you've been around since November of 2017. (Not entirely relevant, but thought I should mention for the sake of transparency to the reader.) The likelihood that the average player will go from level 1 to 86 with 4.3m TCP over the course of 2 months is fantasy at best.

  • BekirBekir Member
    edited January 13

    @Disposessed said:

    @Bekir said:
    I did not deposit any money.
    4.3m Tcp now.
    And this Tcp, I've achieved by playing for a total of 2 months.
    If someone tells me that this game is p2w, it should learn the meaning of P2w.

    I'm speaking only of the recent updates.
    Also, you've been around a little longer than 2 months. According to your forum profile, you've been around since November of 2017. (Not entirely relevant, but thought I should mention for the sake of transparency to the reader.) The likelihood that the average player will go from level 1 to 86 with 4.3m TCP over the course of 2 months is fantasy at best.

    It was easy for me because I was an old player.
    I know exactly what to do in the game.

  • @Disposessed said:

    @Muryoku said:
    They're practically forced to take whatever decision the developer (Naddic) wants them to take. That's the role of the publisher.

    I struggle to believe this, much as I would like. EME does have some authority over what is implemented. They have the ability and likely the right, to do what they believe is in their best interest as a company. (Seulbi's name changed to "Sylvi" comes to mind. I'm sure many other such examples exist.) Speaking only from a player perspective, albeit one upon a spectrum of player types - the most recent updates seem like an attempt to grab as much cash as they can before closing the game.

    mmo publishers have far less authority then you might think. Mabinogi is also a mmo published by Nexon and Nexon KR makes all the rules. there used to be Mabinogi EU servers at one point but then the EU team decided to add a update they were told not to and they were just shutdown for it. Nexon KR wasn't having any of that crap going on and Nexon NA has to get their permission for literally almost everything. don't assume a publisher has any update related authority at all cause in the end most of the time the publisher can only make suggestion but in the end they work for the developer and what the developer says is what goes in.

  • Does the ability to purchase enhancements and tuning plugs in the EMP store exist in KR, and are they as arduous to attain by in-game means as they are here? At this point I'd just like to know where my malcontent should be directed if not EME.

  • BekirBekir Member

    @Disposessed said:

    Does the ability to purchase enhancements and tuning plugs in the EMP store exist in KR, and are they as arduous to attain by in-game means as they are here? At this point I'd just like to know where my malcontent should be directed if not EME.

    yeah same

  • @Disposessed said:

    Does the ability to purchase enhancements and tuning plugs in the EMP store exist in KR, and are they as arduous to attain by in-game means as they are here? At this point I'd just like to know where my malcontent should be directed if not EME.

    It's the exact same in korea. same prices, same packs, same ways to obtain the fuels & gearboosters & tuning plugs or whatever. exact same. only different thing is events. Events in korea give more than what we get in world which is perfectly fine because they are 8+ months away from us and has been existing for 5 years meanwhile closers enmasse will only be 2 years old next month. It's the exact same thing flame it as much as you want.

  • @JadeClosers said:

    @Disposessed said:

    Does the ability to purchase enhancements and tuning plugs in the EMP store exist in KR, and are they as arduous to attain by in-game means as they are here? At this point I'd just like to know where my malcontent should be directed if not EME.

    It's the exact same in korea. same prices, same packs, same ways to obtain the fuels & gearboosters & tuning plugs or whatever. exact same. only different thing is events. Events in korea give more than what we get in world which is perfectly fine because they are 8+ months away from us and has been existing for 5 years meanwhile closers enmasse will only be 2 years old next month. It's the exact same thing flame it as much as you want.

    exactly, Korea makes the rules even for the shop prices. EME is just doing their job following orders. take your "malcontent,"out on Nexon KR and Naddic cause they are the only ones that can make the big changes. Nexon KR doesn't give a crap about the NA unless it is costing them a ton of money. with Mabinogi it has taken years of posting suggestions and poking at them constantly to get certain updates brought to the NA cause they literally just don't care unless they see a ton of players interested and it could be profitable. in the end it is just business and Nexon KR is well known for treating their NA branches very poorly so it is not surprising we are not seeing positive changes very quickly. EME is not the one to blame for our bad updates or problems.

  • As others have pointed out, it is an exact copy paste from korea. However, the problem lies that korea does not have a "subscription"(plat membership), they have the net cafe bonus or whatever. Best case scenario they should bundle both things(not happeing in a million years), there is also the option that you could get a discount if you own plat(also not going to happen but it is more plausible).

  • Just a nitpick, but you guys are actually wrong on one thing. Yes, everything that KR has on their NX shop, we also have on our EMP shop BUT the price models differ.

    For example, the x33 fortifiers on KR's NX shop costs 89.900 ₩ which is roughly 76-77$, meanwhile in our server it costs 89,900 EMP which is 89.9$. So yeah, we get higher prices compared to KR and, heck, even China.

  • @Verstael said:
    Just a nitpick, but you guys are actually wrong on one thing. Yes, everything that KR has on their NX shop, we also have on our EMP shop BUT the price models differ.

    For example, the x33 fortifiers on KR's NX shop costs 89.900 ₩ which is roughly 76-77$, meanwhile in our server it costs 89,900 EMP which is 89.9$. So yeah, we get higher prices compared to KR and, heck, even China.

    That's due to currency conversion in the end. and how much NX they get from their purchases vs how much EMP we get.

    AFAIK they don't offer bonus NX with higher purchases (though correct me if I'm wrong on that) while we do on our EMP. (Though EMP is a business decision made by eme as a whole since they use it for TERA also.)

  • @Muryoku said:

    @Verstael said:
    Just a nitpick, but you guys are actually wrong on one thing. Yes, everything that KR has on their NX shop, we also have on our EMP shop BUT the price models differ.

    For example, the x33 fortifiers on KR's NX shop costs 89.900 ₩ which is roughly 76-77$, meanwhile in our server it costs 89,900 EMP which is 89.9$. So yeah, we get higher prices compared to KR and, heck, even China.

    That's due to currency conversion in the end. and how much NX they get from their purchases vs how much EMP we get.

    AFAIK they don't offer bonus NX with higher purchases (though correct me if I'm wrong on that) while we do on our EMP. (Though EMP is a business decision made by eme as a whole since they use it for TERA also.)

    Eme is merely striking off a 0 from every pack they sell, which is really an odd way to price. Also consider the purchase of 4x fort packs (33x4). In both servers you spend pretty much the same amount of money. So did we get more EMP in world? Yes but... not really. The bonus emp only feels like a godsend because of the increased price on our server

Sign In or Register to comment.